Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
900 South Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3053728862x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kareem Anguin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Outdoor Patio Dining available daily
- Special Events: Special Events For special events inquiries please contact Kelly Griffin, our Sales & Events Coordiantor, at 305.372.8862, or at OAMIEvents@ldry.com.
- Cross Street: SW 10th Street
- Public Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Mary Brickell Village offers valet parking for $15 per car. Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00am, Wednesday -Saturday 9:00am to 4:00 am. There is a paid parking lot west of The Oceanaire entrance on 10th Street for $2 per hour up to a maximum of 4 hours. Metered parking surrounds the Mary Brickell complex, as well.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (25)romantic (25)good for groups (21)hot spot (15)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great dinner @ The OceanaireSharptonAJ3Dined on 5/13/2014Had another great dinner, the menu is always changing and all the options are fresh and terrific! It was a great dinner out on the walk, great people watching and a great meal, a very fun evening!Special Features:
- Great spot in downtownIteachall04Dined on 5/11/2014Started with a party of 12 for Mother's Day and ended the day with 30!! The staff was accommodating and very polite! Excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAgonzaDined on 5/10/2014We have been going to oceannaire for many years. This is the first time we encountered terrible service and sub par food. It is a shame that this happened. Hopefully they can rectify
- OVERALL, EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014Great experience, great service and great food. Two thumbs up!!!Special Features:
- AmazinghotspotDined on 5/1/2014I will go a million times amazing food amazing service loved everything about it try the filet mignon with shrimp super good make sure to have your birthday there everything they do is very uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!GourmetSeekerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything was delicious and fresh. Large selection of all the seafood. Pricey but worth it. Nice location as well to walk around and enjoy the street fair with shops and many restaurants around. Will be back.Special Features:
- not a good experiencewineguyVIPDined on 4/25/2014we have eaten here since the day it opened. we brought someone from out of town because we knew the fish was always tops. our server had a problem communicating and was not very good. most of the food was prepare well but many of the dishes were inundated with salt. I had the scallops with wilted spinach. the spinach and sauce were so salty. Landry runs good restaurants and this one needs to improve .... I was disappointed.
- Once again a great dinnerManny32VIPDined on 4/18/2014The fish is incredible, fresh, full of flavor, and seasoned as you like it. A great dinner with great friends never disappoints. Don't forget the bread pudding dessert, its for four to share but really worth it.Special Features:
- StevenStevenDined on 4/11/2014Air conditioning was broken which is a major problem in hot, humid Miami. The lettuce in the Wedge Salad was wilted at the edges and clearly not fresh. The fish was great and the service was excellent. There were not that many people there on a busy Friday night so I was wondering whether its reputation matches the quality of the lettuce.Special Features:
- great experienceKeysDined on 4/5/2014This was a birthday celebration and I was impressed with the service and the food was great. We had only one issue and that was the steak one person in our party ordered was not cooked as requested even after it was sent back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Hot SpotNightOutDined on 3/28/2014I had great time dining at the restaurant for the first time. The food was awesome and I look forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ambience, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Beautiful ambience, good food, but average service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fish and seafoodBetinhaDined on 3/22/2014Food is fresh as flavorful with great presentation. Simple and delicious. Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, classic preparationkevinDined on 3/21/2014excellent food, classic preparation of seafood or out the box of the box style. service was on point, understood that we were on a tight schedule and got us out with time to spare.Special Features:
- Very good -> ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Well recommend ! The food, the service, especially the waiters menu knowledge !! Anytime lunch of dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014This is my firth visit and have never been dissepointed. A bit pricy but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentMemeVIPDined on 3/7/2014This was a disappointment. The service was lacking and actually rude. We've been to the one in ATL and it's an amazing place. Food I'm MIA was ok. The best thing was the atmosphere brought in by the customers.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2014It had been a while since I had dined at Oceanaire. I used to think that it was pricey but the food and service more than made for it. I went with a group of friends on Friday and I was unimpressed. Service was terrible, we had to wait close to an hour for our food, our waitress kept forgetting our drinks and the food was fine but not worth the high expense. The crab cakes and mofonfo were very good. Don't order the key lime pie, it wasn't tart enough.
- Excellence in Service!JillandreaghDined on 2/28/2014What differentiates this restaurant from others is the quality of customer service from hostess to servers to Manager - all took a sincere interest in our experience. We asked for recommendations on wine, entrees and dessert and we were pleased with all recommendations.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBroncoVIPDined on 2/22/2014I had a very enjoyable experience at Oceanaire last Saturday. The food was excellent, I had the mixed seafood grill. I requested and was given a substitution on the vegetable that came with it. The appetizers of oysters rockefeller and crab cake were very good as was the baked Alaska dessert. I will be returning to this fine establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingJeffLVIPDined on 2/19/2014I've eaten at this location previously. Food was very subpar. Service appeared disinterested and bored. There are too many other eateries to waste time and money here. Very surprised to say the least.Special Features:
- no lobsterWifewantslobsterDined on 2/15/2014We drove 30 miles, got there at about 9:00 PM, ordered lobster. There were none. This is a seafood Restaurant?. In USA, the predominant language is English. Clients should be addressed first in English and allowed to decide the language of the remaining conversation. Waiter should genuinely ask if everything is OK and be prepared to listen instead of Drive-by everything OK be gone before answer is given. The day's special should be printed (including price) and allowed to be reviewed instead of breathlessly recited by waiter with foreign accent.
- Impressed!!!SeafoodLoverDined on 2/14/2014The food was DELICIOUS especially the shrimp and grits!!! Very elegant and classy. We will be returning! HOWEVER...... The reservations should be as such a RESERVATION!! Our reservation was at 10:30 and when we arrived at 10:15 we didn't get seated I until 10:45pm which had me on edge until I experienced GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! :-))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A one time experienceSweettooth09Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had dined at oceanaire once before and we had loved it! Reason enough why we decided to book our Valentine's dinner with them. The ambiance is great, romantic, with just the right amount of sounds around you. However, we realized this last time it is a one time experience only. There food is not quite variable and you must really love seafood, otherwise you won't be enjoying. Their portions are quite small for the price and the service does take a long time. Don't think we will be returning but for a one time experience, I would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurant for everyone!MrWonderfulDined on 2/14/2014excellent restaurant for everyone! want to impress a mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, a love take them here to Oceanair! it is not cheap but you truly get what you pay for! awesome service, awesome food and awesome ambiance! plus you are in the Mary brickel plaza.Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Very enjoyable! Servers were attentive as well as the manager. Great Patronarita's and crabcakes to start off. The Hawaiian tuna served rare was possibly the best I have had. Bananabread pudding with vanilla ice cream to conclude (I got an extra to bring to my mother).Special Features:
- LOVE JONESDEEMOEDined on 2/14/2014Our visit to Oceanaire was absolutely amazing!! The service was GREAT. The food was GREAT. The ambiance was GREAT. We made reservations and they actually had the table ready when we arrived. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that our experience was definitely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceAlileoDined on 2/14/2014Perfect experience!! The food was SO fresh, the server made exquisite wine recommendations. The clam chowder was the best we've ever tried (and we've tried everywhere). I highly recommend and we will definitely go again. It was such a romantic and relaxing place where we never felt ignored or rushed. Simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCamiDined on 2/14/2014I would definitely recommend this place to others. Service was great and food was even better. The manager came and made sure we were ok and our waiter was very nice. I very rarely ever give 5 stars because I believe there is always room for improvement, and with this restaurant I am sure there is, but I just could not fault them for anything on Valentines day.Special Features:
- Excellent pre-Valentine choiceJmartVIPDined on 2/11/2014We normally do not go out on Valentine's due to the rush and pre-cooked food. We decided to go back to Oceanaire as we had been there a few months ago. The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the overall experience worth repeating. Thank you Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014I booked this restaurant via internet for a business meeting and was greatfully suprrised by the quality of food and the restaurant itself though it was extremely noisy, by maybe this was because it was a Friday eveningSpecial Features:
- Not as good as it used to be!MoniqueiciVIPDined on 1/25/2014I've been going to Oceanaire at least once a year since it opened and this time I was disappointed in the food. The oyster Rockefeller were not prepared properly. The spinach was very oily as was the preparation of the fish.Special Features:
- Didn't exceed my expectationsDiamonds305804Dined on 1/19/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by a few people BUT I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. The waiter was rude and it seemed as though we were bothering him and I don't know why.. because there wasn't a lot of people in the restaurant or his area. My food was fine. My friend's pasta was way overcooked and she told the waiter, he said that it wasn't. Although she didn't send it back because by then we were over him and the entire experience. It didn't quite exceed my expectations. Can't say I will be rushing to get back there.
- Impressive RestaurantkayonDined on 1/18/2014One of the best places to dine out in Miami. The food and ambience were absolutely perfect. The waiters were were knowledgeable, polite, and timely. Overall, I was very pleased and would dine here anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greet seafood chain restaurantBelahVIPDined on 1/17/2014Large menu, nice presentation , accommodation staff. That being said, valet parking is $15 and garage parking cost me $10.Special Features:
- Beautiful for a very specialEveCDined on 1/14/2014Beautiful for a very special romantic evening. The crab cakes are our favorite- you must try it. The food is exquisite as everything is very detail-oriented. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyCJuneVIPDined on 1/4/2014Way overated .. and overpriced for what you get. Portions are small, poor service. Was there twice. Didn't like it the first time. Thought we'd give it another chance. We're sorry we did. We'll never go back again!
- Food was good but the staffsuzidbVIPDined on 1/3/2014Food was good but the staff appeared to be untrained. The manager was hands on and helpful. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Overbooked on New Years. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Overbooked on New Years. We had a 10:00 reservation and almost didn't get our food before midnight. Our waiter did his best but the king crab came out still frozen in a section and although they didn't charge us for it, I wouldn't go back. Better to accept less reservations and attend those diners well. If you cook, better to stay home and cook yourself a fabulous meal. We learned our lesson.
- Beautiful RestaurantKDUBSDined on 12/31/2013Loved the look and vibe of the restaurant. The food and drinks were great...really fresh seafood. Would love to go back, great date night idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.