Bistro Provence - Boca Raton
2399 N. Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Provence - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroprovence.com/
- Phone: 5613682340
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Eric Mourjan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from Bistro Provence - Boca Raton
Established in July 2000, Bistro Provence has become an institution in Boca Raton, considered the best French cuisine in the upscale community of Boca Raton. With a combination of award-winning cuisine and excellent service Bistro Provence is the perfect venue for corporate and private functions. Our professional staff will tend to your every need from start to finish. From the initial event coordination to the custom printed menus, we strive to make your experience with Bistro Provence only the best. Our goal is simply to provide the best possible Bistro Provence experience available. If you have a questions or a request please do not hesitate to contact us; we are at your service from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Provence - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Pretty goodmomdadkiddogDined on 11/30/2013I was attracted by the prices and reviews. I figured a relatively higher-end French restaurant would fit my conception of a very nice French restaurant: cloth "naperons" nice silver, attentive service and classically-prepared or inventive dishes. Here's what I observed: cheap paper table covers over cloth, inexpensive silver, styrofoam dropped ceiling, a few French posters; friendly-enough but somewht indifferent service (the owner greeted us but spent the rest of the time sitting at one table with friends, never getting up even to say goodbye); good main dishes, very bland side dishes, excellent desserts; mall-store feel to the interior, matching the strip-mall exterior. I'd return for the food but with somewhat lower expectations.Special Features:
- good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013We went for someones birthday and the food was marvelous.Of course it was very noisy and at first the waiter was alittle rough but as people began to leave he calmed down and was much more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for allChef123Dined on 11/8/2013I you like neighborhood places this one is for you. From the appetizers until the end of the meal everything went great, even though the restaurnt was full. The servers were wonderful making the experience just that much more enjoyable. Was able to bring my own wine only to pay an average corking fee...but well worth the trip. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French and ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/4/2013Great French food for a great price. Just order from the three course prix Fix menu and you will eat enough and not drain your wallet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good frech diningHenryDined on 10/5/2013I have not gone to French dining in a while, and we found the flavors that we were looking for. Very Good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est Magnifiquebubs83Dined on 9/28/2013Escargot......mussels.....lamb shank....creme brulee. Unbelievable!!! Claudine and family are terrific hosts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceGrampyeatswellDined on 9/21/2013From the greeting at the front door to the finish of our evening at Bistro Provence we were very impressed and felt welcome. The appetizers ( onion soup and escargot) were wonderful. Entrees of veal and snapper were prepared to perfection. Desserts...yum. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time here...EdweirdDined on 9/8/2013Great on all accounts.. food, service, ambience, wines the best French cuisine aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation on the plateMelmastDined on 9/7/2013Presentation on the plate was not very good--far too much food plopped in the plate
- Charming spot - love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/7/2013Charming spot - love the food - always consistently good - food is always cooked to perfection - vegetables have the best taste, texture and color. Reasonably priced. My husband and 2 others had the duck which they loved - I had the veal - Highly recommend it - comfortable spot - not pretentious!
- What stuffed musclesMarcoVIPDined on 8/10/2013The stuffed mussels and duck are fantastic. Enjoyed our dining experience immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was "okay", butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013Everything was "okay", but that's it - nothing special. Entrées were fairly good, but glob of rice & green beans did not enhance. One guest's medium steak arrived red then came back done, but so tough, he couldn't cut it.
- Terrific restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2013This was our first time at Bistro Provence and we really loved it. The food was excellent --the fish was fresh, perfectly cooked and beautifully prepared. Service was warm, the decor rustic and charming--feels like you have been invited into someone's home for dinner. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- PROVENCE HERE WE COMEsergeDined on 8/6/2013If you cannot get to Provence at the moment, this gem of a restaurant nestled in a strip shopping center along Federal Highway in Boca Raton will get you in a Provencal frame of mind. You will not be rushed as this is Florida's quiet season, but the first is first-rate and the tariff within most people's bounds, whether you try their pre-fixe Sunset menu or the regular menu after a certain hour. During the season crowds return and you can easily see why. We will be coming back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely excellent. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013Absolutely excellent. It was a French Tunisian themed evening. Excellent food....fantastic music...lively and energetic crowd. The restaurant was packed. A great evening.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013The food was very good and we are looking forward to returning again very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rack of lamb with lots ofWeeklyVIPDined on 6/28/2013rack of lamb with lots of fresh vegetables cesear salad had too much dressing chicken good dessert was so so
- Felt Like Eating in a French home..JanePDined on 6/22/2013This is the French dining experience without having to buy a plane ticket. Lovely environment; great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were delighted with theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2013We were delighted with the food. They even had a wine special of a fine Bordeaux at $30.00 a bottle.Deserts are made in house and are excellent.Special Features:
- Don't judge!HappyDined on 5/6/2013Don't judge by the outside my friends had said. This restaurant is one of the best and I have been there many times. Took new friends and they were skeptical since it is in a strip mall and does not look like much from the outside but they thought it was the best place and were so happy I took them there. A must! And they have a twilight dinner also which is fantastic. I have done both twilight and regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Bistro.tennisgal30Dined on 5/4/2013Have been eating here for many years and the quality has always been good. Owner is present at all times and is accessible if needed. One is greeted like an old friend. The wait staff has been on board for years, knows the wine preferences and can describe each dish .Escargot are the best in town as is the sole and the duck. the Price Fixe dinner is your best bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, low-key, familyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2013Very nice, low-key, family restaurant. Major issue is parking. There are three restaurants in a row in this strip. I had to park a quarter mile away, and it required two U-turns on Federal Highway to get there and back.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantKAS1VIPDined on 4/8/2013Very good French food served by a French family. Not luxury but good food at fair prices.Special Features:
- Six of us went for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Six of us went for the first time and six of us LOVED it!Special Features:
- My daughter & I dined on WednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2013My daughter & I dined on Wednesday night & enjoyed escargot and the mousse. Both were delicious. The owner, who is very personable & generous, offered us the mushroom soup which was outstanding. The service was great. Wine list has good selections & is reasonable. Our entrees were the duck and scallops...amazing! There isn't anything on the menu that would not make you happy. Love this restaurant & can't wait to return.Special Features:
- bistro provence is a great findbarryVIPDined on 3/12/2013this is the second time for us-it is like being in Paris-the staff are friendly-food is wonderful and reasonably priced--very good selection for each course and the pre fix menu is a sensational value--not rushed-table are to too close together and the noise level is such that you can hold a conversation--Special Features:
- Although we usually have toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013Although we usually have to wait for our table, it's well worth it!Special Features:
- I arrived a few minutes earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013I arrived a few minutes early for my reservation. I checked in with the hostess and she knew that i was her " single" and she said that the table would be ready momentarily. 15 minutes later she pointed to a table that had actually been unoccupied and set since i arrived. I got the feeling that she was disappointed to have to waste a 4 place table on just one person. That said, the service was a bit slow. But the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Owned and operated by FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/25/2013Owned and operated by French lady who delivers personal service. very good.Special Features:
- 2nd time as good as the first.tomsriver60Dined on 2/22/2013This was our second visit and this time with our daughter and son-in-law. All four of us had great meals.Special Features:
- We were three guests. RestaurantLolaDined on 2/17/2013We were three guests. Restaurant was highly recommended. owner very hospitable. service quite nice. However, in my case. I ordered sole (I believe lemon sole) On the first taste I knew this was not sole. My guests were very happy so I didn't make any issue. Just did not finish the fish. I'm quite familiar with sole....This was NOT sole.
- Great restaurantgernsrDined on 2/16/2013We've been to this restaurant several times. It never disappoints us.Special Features:
- strip mall bistrocriticalcriticVIPDined on 2/15/2013Strip-mall location, parking difficult on busy night: park in the rear. Peak dinner hour hectic and even with open table reservation, we were outside of kitchen pass thru window. Service erratic, several different people came to our table so we were confused on who was our server. Food came quickly: good, hot, and portions were good size. Steak Frites just okay, stead cooked to our liking,frites were nothing special at all, not what you would expect at a bistro...more like frozen fries you get anywhere else. Lamb shank was tender and vegetable accompaniment was varied and cooked perfectly. Desserts disappointing, profiteroles was one scoop of ice cream in frozen crust. Would go back for entrees and onion soup...skip the desserts.
- Despite the nightmarish parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Despite the nightmarish parking (3 restaurants in one little strip mall on Valentine's Day) and over a half hour wait past our reservation time, my wife and I LOVED Bistro Provence. We look forward to going back on a less hectic night.Special Features:
- great choice in boca ratonbarryVIPDined on 2/14/2013we really enjoyed the food--it was like a french restaurant in Paris--the tables were close to each other--open kitchen -very friendly wait staffSpecial Features:
- We came in quite late incbkdineVIPDined on 2/10/2013We came in quite late in the evening on Sunday We were greeted warmly by Nelly and had a wonderful dinner. The food and service were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Found this online and likedtomsriver60Dined on 2/9/2013Found this online and liked the reviews. It was terrific. Food was wonderful. We're planning to return.Special Features:
- The French onion soup wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013The French onion soup was very good, however the desserts were not exceptional. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. We will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- I took my son and two of hisfoofdieVIPDined on 1/26/2013I took my son and two of his friends to dinner here on a Saturday night. Reservations were honored with a short wait. I had requested a particular round table, as we were a party of five, I did not get it. Everyone loved the duck entree, as well as the escargot and french onion soup. Desserts were good. All in all, a nice dinner. I was disappointed with my veal dish, as the thin cut veal was sort of chewy, so I will not get that again. We will return.Special Features:
- Bistro Provence does not honorJaneBVIPDined on 1/26/2013Bistro Provence does not honor reservations made on Open Table. Having previously enjoyed our experience there, I made a date for four people there and they called me to say that there was no room for us. If they are on Open Table they need to cooperate and treat patrons properly. We will not try again.