1314 N Washington Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domainehudson.com/
- Phone: 3026559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED - Available Private Event
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwain Kalup
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Domaine Hudson will cater intimate home dinners, weddings, parties, business dinners and fundraisers for up to 100 guests off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Domaine Hudson is the premiere choice for private dining in Wilmington, Delaware. We work with you to custom-tailor a flawless experience for your party, anniversary, wedding celebration, wine tasting, networking event, or business meeting. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy the seasonal cuisine of our culinary team and selections from our award-winning wine list, which OpenTable named one of the top 50 in the U.S.
Our newly renovated dining rooms accommodate private parties from 7 to 70 people, and our state-of-the-art sound system ensures your guests won’t miss a word (or a beat).
Please call or send an email message (email@example.com) to discuss your event and book your room at the best Wilmington, Delaware restaurant.
Alternatively, let Domaine Hudson come to you. From gallery openings, social gatherings, and galas to corporate lunches, dinners, and events, Domaine Hudson ensures an effortless, impressive affair.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Ross 3026559463x
- Special Events: Information on monthly wine dinners and tastings can be found at www.domainehudson.com.
- Cross Street: Between 13th & 14th Streets
- Public Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in front of the restaurant. Free off-street parking is available after 5 pm in the Christiana Care Annex private parking lot 1/2 block from restaurant. To access the lot, the entrance is at 14th & Washington, immediately before the Washington St. Bridge. From the lot, walk south on Washington Street (toward downtown) about 1/2 block; restaurant is on the left. View a map and directions on our website at http://domainehudson.com/parking.html
A word from Domaine Hudson
Described as “one of Delaware's premier destinations for truly appreciating and understanding the dynamics of upscale food and wine” by The News Journal food critic, Domaine Hudson was awarded 3.5 stars (of 4) and recognized as "Closer to Perfection", and has consistently been providing a place for great wine and food since November 2005. Delaware’s first true wine bar, they offer almost 40 wines to taste in 1½, 3 & 5-oz pours. The award winning wines by the bottle list features a broad array of about 450 old and new world wines & 90+ craft beers. Frequently changing menu items allow the chefs to be creative and focus on quality ingredients. Small plate options, provide a perfect opportunity for wine pairing, or guests can simply choose from full size entrees. Whether you are an experienced oenophile or just want to enjoy some great wine/beer, the servers, who all have a knowledge of what they are pouring, can guide you through a memorable dining experience in an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Domaine Hudson - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Domaine Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (79)fit for foodies (73)special occasion (64)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great, as usual!DEDinerVIPDined on 2/7/2014Domaine Hudson is my favorite restaurant. As usual, our meals were excellent. The Curry Spiced Bay Scallops were tender and delicious. The duck and beef third course were cooked perfectly, medium rare. The service has always been the best in the area, not at all pretentious.Special Features:
- Consistently consistentJohnDined on 2/6/2014I have traveled to Wilmington several times recently, and am delighted to have discovered this gem. It's damning with faint praise to say it stands out in an otherwise so-so restaurant scene, because it's great by pretty much any standard. Nondescript on the outside, and perfectly satisfactory but nothing all that special on the inside, the real attraction is the food. Intense tastes, fresh ingredients, creative combinations of flavors. Wilmington is hardly a destination, but if you find yourself there, do not even consider skipping this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It had been too long since19803VIPDined on 2/6/2014It had been too long since we had been to Domaine Hudson, and this latest visit made us regret waiting so long. Wine flights are a fun way to sample different regions and styles, cheeses were well matched to our choices, entrees were just fabulous. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Great mainsKlmkarenDined on 1/31/2014I hadn't been to Domaine Hudson in a while. The wine flight was nice and our waiter very helpful. The starter veg platter was interesting , but just ok. But, our mains were excellent! We both had fish and the presentation was lovely and the sides yummy! Dessert was good as well. Not the best food in town, but very good. The service was just a tad slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domaine HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/30/2014We were a party of 3 at 8pm on a Thursday night. The restaurant is easy to locate, and we found on-street parking within a block of the door. The restaurant was about half full when we arrived, with a couple of large groups already seated. We ordered from the menu, no special requests. Drinks came quickly, but food was slow to arrive. When it did come, the food was well-plated and delicious. The last dish of 2 courses arrived around 10pm. The wine list is great and the food is excellent. But the restaurant could improve by offering bread and butter or olive oil with the first round of drinks, and by reducing the wait time between starters and entrees. I'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- First, but not last visit.Luv2eatDined on 1/25/2014Restaurant fairly busy on Saturday night even in cold snowy weather. Yet the noise level was quite low. We noticed that the tables were separated enough that we will plan our next business dinner there. The food was very good and reasonably priced. A prix fixe option is available for $39. Excellent selection of wines and beer. Overall very favorable experience and we will plan to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and wine ,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Wonderful food and wine , especially the wine flights! Service was amazing,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine selections but....BWDoverDined on 1/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner but found the menu limited. There were many excellent wines to sample. I had an excellent Roasted whole Bronzino that was skillfully deboned table side but my dining partner felt menu was otherwise limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableRichardDined on 1/20/2014All of our food was good to very good. The wine list is excellent. They also offer various flights of wine. We tried the Pinot Noir flight which was very good. The service was at just the right level. All in all a very enjoyable meal. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as past visitsrfoodieVIPDined on 1/16/2014Food was good as usual, but knocked a star off for craft beer list. Despite not being crowded and having a 6:30 reservation, service was surprisingly slow. I was also dissapointed to see the craft beer menu had been scaled back considerably. Used to be able to get some bottles not normally found, now it's basically a basic offeringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findEllenVIPDined on 1/13/2014We came for an early Monday night dinner. Heather, the bartender, was friendly and informative. Our waiter Diego did a great job de-boning the fish table side. The food was delicious. The blackened beet appetizer was very tasty as was the squash soup. The dinner entrees were cooked to perfection. The branzino was superb, steak was cooked perfectly. Dessert was mouthwatering. Roger, the manager, was friendly and accommodating. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beTooBlueVIPDined on 1/11/2014Service was very good. Pricing for small portions, particularly the price fix. It is not as good as it used to be with the place showing wear in the rugs and fixtures. Unfortunately the night were we there there was an extremely loud group of diners who disturbed and otherwise pleasant night out.
- Went for dinner New Year'srobertDined on 12/31/2013Went for dinner New Year's Eve. Our waiter was not very familiar with the menu; had difficulty answering questions. When asked if olive oil could be substituted for butter in some of the menu items, this was perplexing and he had to check with the chef. It turned out to be possible and we were all satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic again!!!NoRainDined on 12/28/2013We only get to Wilmington once a year (for the holidays), and only found out about Domain Hudson last year. This was our second trip and the food was even better, if that was possible. The Foie Gras; Rockfish; Salmon; Duck; and Veal Chop were all fantastic, and the Rose Gelato was truly unique. We'll definitely be back next year!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in downtown WilmingtoncnalscVIPDined on 12/28/2013Located in a small establishment across from the hospital, Domaine Hudson is a real treat. Cozy, elegant decor. It wasn't terribly busy on the Saturday night we were there during the holidays, which is unfortunate, because it really is quite a nice dining experience. Fresh oysters with different vinaigarettes, rocket salads, salmon and branzino, and caramel macchiato dessert all made for great dining. Service was attentive and correct. Wine list has very interesting selections and the sommelier was quite knowledgeable. Mercifully quiet as well. We're sorry we're from out of town and don't have more opportunities to dine at Domaine Hudson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but Excellent MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013Without question, the wine list is superb with a touch of technology (via app) to find and select your wine. On this evening my girlfriend and I had the Barrel cut ribeye and the duck. We have had steak in nearly every restaurant with 30 miles of Wilmington and BAR NONE, this was the best steak we have ever had. The duck was also quite delicious: the skin seasoned and crispy to match the perfectly cooked breast. We finished the evening with the Almond Creme Brulee and were rewarded with a twist of candied almond slices atop on our favorite dessert. We took note of the Creme Brulee' Martini and will be back to enjoy one on another visit.Special Features:
- The last minute reservationAndrzejDined on 12/24/2013The last minute reservation on Christmas Eve turned out to be a memorable meal. The prefix menu and a three wine flight was expertly prepared and beautifully presented. My duck confit dish was exquisite and paired on point with the French flight from Boudreaux to cote du Rhône. I would recommend Domaine Hudson as a definite destination for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was paramountOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/23/2013Went recently with my husband and daughter for my birthday dinner. The night could have been a disaster since our little girl is barely 2-yrs-old and absolutely full of energy. However all of the staff were very friendly and seemed to understand our efforts try to keep her somewhat under control. She asked for a cupcake as soon as we sat down, and of course we all laughed because they do not have cupcakes. We managed to make it through dinner, both the roasted beets and duck leg confit were wonderful. And wouldn't you know, when dessert rolled around they actually brought out a cupcake! From what I understand they had to get it from a local bakery! She was so happy, and I was so impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticmagneticDined on 12/22/2013Ordered the 4 course tasting paired with wine, so each course was a surprise based on the chef's creative mind. Every dish was simple yet delicious. A crescendo of flavors over the course of the 90 minute culinary adventure. The wait staff was attentive yet not overbearing, a story with each dish and why the wine was paired with it. Fully enjoyed every aspect of this place, just great food and wine served with passion and attention to detail. I highly recommend you give this place a try. Be adventurous, let the chef take you on his journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret of WilmingtonfoodluverDined on 12/21/2013This place is absolutely outstanding and would be a 4 or 5 star restaurant in any major city. Absolutely the best kept secret of Wilmington. From the extensive wine list to the delicately selected meals, you will be delighted the entire night. I personally had the dug leg confit which is the best duck I have ever had in my entire life; perfectly cooked with the skin crispy, but the meat juicy, slightly spicy, and falling off the bone. I wish the menu had a few more options, especially the fixed price 3 course menu, but otherwise an astounding venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal.WilmingtonianDined on 12/20/2013I enjoyed the meal. Fine quality food prepared by competent cooks.Special Features:
- Even better than beforeJohnDined on 12/20/2013I have been here twice now, both times with groups of 6 or more. It was good the first time, and even better the second. All three courses were really quite exceptional, from the intensely flavored cavatelli to the subtly prepared rockfish to the satisfying caramel dessert. I'm not even sure which one I liked best. And, while you wouldn't say this place is for the budget-minded (nor does it pretend to be), it is an excellent value. Admittedly there's not a lot of competition for high-end dining in the center of Wilmington, but I am definitely returning to this place on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodFoodScoutDined on 12/20/2013This upscale sophistated kitchen presents wonderful food in novel ways. Very different from other choices in Wilmington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeSteveVIPDined on 12/13/2013In the middle of a very dead downtown Wilmington a nice place for a well prepared meal with excellent service and many qine choices. Not inexpensive, dinner and wine for 2 was about $150 including tip but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceChuckVIPDined on 12/12/2013It's such a cozy place to hole up for good food, wine and service. A little pricey but you don't mind as much when you get top quality.Special Features:
- new chef is awesomelatergatorVIPDined on 12/7/2013great food from the new chef. fantastic, attentive service. fabulous wine list. awesome cheeses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDEEngineerDined on 12/7/2013My wife and myself were regular diners at Domain Hudson for a number of years and after a management change our interest fell off. However, we were there 3 months ago and the food was outstanding (the wine selection is always extraordinary), this prompted a more recent visit, which was again outstanding. The ingredients are very fresh. The food is delicate with complex tastes and prepared with real skill. If you enjoy food this is the place to go. It is back on our frequent list, I am just sorry it took so long for us to figure out that the “new owners” really know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Kalup worked it!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/6/2013The service by Javier was great. The food by Chef Kalup was awesome, try the duck leg confit, ricotta gnocchi, blackened beets and the whole fish served table side. Lots of great reasonably priced wines on the list, tasty cocktails too! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Domaine Hudson!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/27/2013Another memorable, tasty meal in a beautiful, comfortable and sophistcated environment. Congratulations Domaine Hudson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of us really enjoyed ourFrankDined on 11/27/2013All of us really enjoyed our dinners ... the aged steak was outstanding and that cavatelli dish was really tasty. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Night, Thanks JavierDiningMemoriesRForeverDined on 11/26/2013Our foodie ,drinks, wine, cheese and dessert were awesome!!! My wife's rock fish and my Bronzini were cooked to perfection - the ingredients complimented the flavor of the fish. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the cheese plate b/c the cheeses were different but flavorful and not ones that you can even find in a grocery store with a good cheese section. Our favorite memory of the night was our waiter, Javier!!! He was a waiter that loves his job, the food, and the whole dining experience. He knew his menu, wines, cheeses,... and most importantly how they all paired together. Javier and the great food, wine, and cocktails made Domain & Hudson a 5 star in our opinion!!!!Special Features:
- Very good but a little esotericftmjimDined on 11/25/2013We were four guys out for a casual business dinner. We enjoyed our dinner, and Andre, our waiter, was attentive, prompt, and helpful - truly an excellent waiter. The cheese board had a good variety of cheeses and accompaniments. All of our entrees were prepared exactly as we expected, and were well-presented. Our only complaint is that the variety of entrée choices was a little narrow, and the combinations were, well, a little esoteric. Sort of the opposite end of the scale from comfort food. If you're a foodie, you'll probably love this place. If you want something familiar, not so much. For what it is, which is something of a culinarily esoteric restaurant, Domaine Hudson is excellent.Special Features:
- top ten mealsarmedandhammeredDined on 11/23/2013Tremendous wine list. Dozens of varieties by the glass. Blackened beet salad was better than mine and it is the first restaurant to ever do that. Duck breast salad was excellent. Rockfish was fresh and perfectly cooked with autumn veggies that complimented, not overwhelmed. Cheese plate was a very good ending. Service was as professional as they come. We live in Baltimore but plan on returning at least twice a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJoanDined on 11/21/2013A group of 3 had dinner on the early side on a week night. The restaurant was quiet, and the service was very responsive, but not hovering. The food was perfect - 2 of us had the steak, which was perfectly medium rare, and the third had salmon, which he said was delicious. I did miss having soup,., in the past there was normally a very good seasonal soup which I've always enjoyed. There was a good selection of wines by the glass that paired well with the food, and the creme brulee martini for dessert was a nice finishing touch! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ChuckVIPDined on 11/14/2013The food was really great! I had the Lamb and it was astounding how good it was. DH has really stepped up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think this restaurant keepsDEdinerVIPDined on 11/13/2013I think this restaurant keeps changing hands, but it is very nice. Interesting menu, with excellent wine list and nice offers. When I arrived it was very quiet, but the noise level increased with a big group that met at the bar and then moved to the tables. When many people were there the service declined a little, but still enjoyed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2013Went on a Tuesday night with 6 business associates. We were treated like royalty and the food was fantastic. Great work DH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss this GemCheswickDined on 11/9/2013Great energy and vibrant space will keep you coming back--friendly, attentive staff but not imposing. They know their wines and made terrific recommendations from a deep cellar, without busting the bank, to accompany the tasting menu. The foie gras stood out as a star and its buttery delicate nature was improved by tender pear. Each course built on the previous one and told a story of tastes and creativity. The only misstep was not being asked how we preferred our beef. That said, our evening was 2 1/2 hours well spent.Special Features:
- Still impressiveDEdinerVIPDined on 10/30/2013We dine regularly at DH .The service is outstanding especially with Javier and Diego.The wine list remains unmatched in Wilmington.I wanted to write an updated review because we had an especially good meal there this past week.The pasta dishes included oxtail and cavatelli and seasonal pumpkin and squash and both dishes were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant AdventurecarlbeatyesDined on 10/26/2013My wife and I live in South Jersey and were looking for a different place to go for dinner. She picked this restaurant almost randomly and we went for it. The restaurant was easy to find. The food was very different, reasonably priced, and delicious. The menu was small (too many choices just confuses us) and unique. We would go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.