1314 N Washington Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domainehudson.com/
- Phone: 3026559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED - Available Private Event
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwain Kalup
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Domaine Hudson will cater intimate home dinners, weddings, parties, business dinners and fundraisers for up to 100 guests off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Domaine Hudson is the premiere choice for private dining in Wilmington, Delaware. We work with you to custom-tailor a flawless experience for your party, anniversary, wedding celebration, wine tasting, networking event, or business meeting. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy the seasonal cuisine of our culinary team and selections from our award-winning wine list, which OpenTable named one of the top 50 in the U.S.
Our newly renovated dining rooms accommodate private parties from 7 to 70 people, and our state-of-the-art sound system ensures your guests won’t miss a word (or a beat).
Please call or send an email message (email@example.com) to discuss your event and book your room at the best Wilmington, Delaware restaurant.
Alternatively, let Domaine Hudson come to you. From gallery openings, social gatherings, and galas to corporate lunches, dinners, and events, Domaine Hudson ensures an effortless, impressive affair.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Ross 3026559463x
- Special Events: Information on monthly wine dinners and tastings can be found at www.domainehudson.com.
- Cross Street: Between 13th & 14th Streets
- Public Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in front of the restaurant. Free off-street parking is available after 5 pm in the Christiana Care Annex private parking lot 1/2 block from restaurant. To access the lot, the entrance is at 14th & Washington, immediately before the Washington St. Bridge. From the lot, walk south on Washington Street (toward downtown) about 1/2 block; restaurant is on the left. View a map and directions on our website at http://domainehudson.com/parking.html
A word from Domaine Hudson
Described as “one of Delaware's premier destinations for truly appreciating and understanding the dynamics of upscale food and wine” by The News Journal food critic, Domaine Hudson was awarded 3.5 stars (of 4) and recognized as "Closer to Perfection", and has consistently been providing a place for great wine and food since November 2005. Delaware’s first true wine bar, they offer almost 40 wines to taste in 1½, 3 & 5-oz pours. The award winning wines by the bottle list features a broad array of about 450 old and new world wines & 90+ craft beers. Frequently changing menu items allow the chefs to be creative and focus on quality ingredients. Small plate options, provide a perfect opportunity for wine pairing, or guests can simply choose from full size entrees. Whether you are an experienced oenophile or just want to enjoy some great wine/beer, the servers, who all have a knowledge of what they are pouring, can guide you through a memorable dining experience in an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Domaine Hudson - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Domaine Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (58)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AngelVIPDined on 5/28/2014Rare find and refreshingly unique. We felt pampered upon arriving and very welcome. Fantastic menu with a unique approach to an intimate, fine dining experience. We especially enjoyed the fixed price special dinner. A few things needed fine-tuning but the diligent staff made a few adjustments to make it next to perfection. We would definitely dine here again. Highly recommend, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not quite what we were expecting2FoodLoversDined on 5/24/2014Let's start with the good. The food was pretty darn awesome! I'd go back for that, but not for a special occasion - which this was. We were offered (and declined) their best table because it was right at the entrance to the restaurant and lacked any privacy. The service was odd. The waiter was nice if wordy with his descriptions and included the weight of every protein in his patter - including how much braised pork and pork belly was in the special. The sommelier (who may have been the owner) came by and asked if the wine he suggested to my husband on the phone was ok by pointing to the bottle and saying "it's ok?" Basically, the whole place from the decor to the service just lacked the finesse which their menu and website imply.Special Features:
- The following 868 reviews are from the Domaine Hudson reviews archive.
- DisappointedWilmingtoniansVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had such a great meal last time and was really disappointed. I ordered the small steak and it was very late arriving and ice cold. My wife ordered scallops and they too were cold ... It took way too long for our waiter to get to the table initially and then it was a long time before the drinks arrived. We found the hostess and bar tender to be very friendly and the atmosphere is wonderful. Domaine Hudson needs to step up their game.
- Awesome foodSkiingWithTheFamDined on 5/13/2014Dishes were amazing!! Service was a little slow considering there were only 4 or 5 tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayDatenightfunDined on 5/11/2014We have always loved Domaine Hudson and the food was very good this time just as always I loved the blackend beat salad was delicious I hope it's part of the regular menu. I thought the limited menu was to narrow of a selection for Mother's Day and the steak had a bit to much mint in it. But overall very good I would go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food/ Very Slow serviceDaveSDined on 5/10/2014Dinner for 4 on a saurday evening - the food was very good, the setting warm comfortable the service was attentive but painfully slow .. 3 hours for dinner.
- EnjoyableINSULTDined on 5/10/2014Good food, wineand good service make for an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Find!KJayDined on 5/10/2014Innovative menu. Great tasting food. Fabulous service. What more is there to say? Go.Special Features:
- Expensive but goodUbisandstoneDined on 5/10/2014We used a Groupon, but without the discount the price is high for the food quality. Scallops were lukewarm instead of hot.Special Features:
- Great place, extensive wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014We had a groupon for a three-course meal, so my fiancee and I decided to try this place out. The food was excellent, and the wine list (on an iPad) was extensive. We had our waiter recommend something for us, and he suggested we try a new wine from Australia, which did not disappoint. The seating was somewhat tight, but wasn't very detrimental to our experience.Special Features:
- Interesting Menu & Pro Wait StaffDeDiningGuyDined on 5/9/2014Enjoyable evening. Excellent wine selections and nearly every dish on the menu was something both of us wanted to try. Even better than our menu was the professional nature of the waiter. He described the menu items with the enthusiasm of a gourmet chef and genuinely seemed to relish his work. Only one negative note: Water glasses went unfilled for extended periods of time throughout the evening.Special Features:
- Just what we neededGDudeVIPDined on 5/2/2014Looking for a gourmet presentation at a local price, with a wine list that tops the charts? Try Domaine Hudson again. What a great experience in a local setting. with the right music and a little more atmosphere, you'd think you were in Italy or France. Foodies will find the ever-chaning gouremt menu to their likng and for a quiet, romantic dinner, this is the place. Service was well-attended and not interrupting. Priced qutie reasoanbly for the overall experience.Special Features:
- New FavoritePeggyAnneDined on 4/24/2014We loved our first visit and will certainly be back. The food and service were fantastic. The only thing I would comment on is the table itself. We were seated at a very small table pushed up against a wall, it felt crowded.Special Features:
- Always fantasticJanelleSVIPDined on 4/18/2014We LOVE Domaine Hudson. It is our favorite celebration spot. Javier is the best waiter and the wine list is endless. Best of all is the food. It is perfect! Wish we could eat here every night!Special Features:
- birthday dinnersuseaDined on 4/18/2014What a great dinner we had here for my birthday. The service was excellent and the food very very good. The best thing I liked was the choice between a full size dinner portion or a smaller "petite" portion. I had the smaller portion of the salmon , and it was perfect. Plenty of great wine choices, too. This was the first time we had been there. I don't know what took us so long! Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gemHappydinerDined on 4/18/2014Domaine is a great spot for a quick bite pre-theater or conference (DuPont Theater, Grand or Christina Cultural Arts Center); or an intimate night out for 2-4. The food is special and the wine can be expertly paired to accompany the evening. A Strong recommendation: reserve your tables on WeekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely come backJeepgrrlDined on 4/15/2014The cheese plate had a nice selection and was great as a starter. I ordered the duck and asked for a recommendation from the waiter on wine. His selection was perfect! Same with my dining partner. Overall the service was excellent and not rushed - with a fine meal I always appreciate being given time to savor. The duck was server medium rare and was extremely tender and flavorful. Who leaving the waiter thanked me by name - nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSweetieDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful food, great wine but pricey, friendly attentive service while unobtrusive, a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Good food, very slow serviceJtdineDined on 4/11/2014Friends recommended Domaine Hudson based on their wine selections. We went on a Friday evening and the food service was waaaaay too slow. We were seated for 40 minutes and never offered bread, crackers or anything to enjoy with our wine selection. We weren't sure if it was intentional to increase alcohol sales. It definitely detracted from the experience. Cheese plate was very tasty, but it was served and I had to call the waiter back to explain what we were eating . The entrees were good, but nothing special for the money. The beat salad with whipped ricotta was delicious. It was a unique dish and the menu has limited selections so I would recommend looking at the menu online before going to make sure there"s something for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, overpriced foodLoyaldinerDined on 4/11/2014It took us over an hour to get our entree. Appetizers were good but main dishes and desert left a lot to be desiredSpecial Features:
- JohnDined on 4/11/2014Great food - innovative. Excellent service. A keeper.Special Features:
- Great food!ElyseUUVIPDined on 4/10/2014We went for restaurant week and we were pleasantly surprised, hadn't eaten there in a long time. Loved the three course meal. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- Unique Perfectly Prepared FoodFoodScoutDined on 4/1/2014Our meal was absolutely delicious and the service was impeccable. From the moment that we were greeted until we left they staff made us feel special and they tended to the needs of my elderly parents. The staff helped with finding us a quiet table and the special salt free dishes were perfectly prepared. Thanks to Domaine Hudson we had a memorable meal that will be used as standard for other restaurants to aspire to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for fourEllenVIPDined on 3/22/2014We took out of town friends for dinner and had a wonderful meal, as always. The only sour note was a soup dish that was lukewarm. The deserts, ice cream and flour less chocolate cake were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domaine HudsonLeooDined on 3/22/2014Excellent...food, service, experience. I'd highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerKathyDined on 3/21/2014The appetizers were excellent. The wine list was very nice. We were given a table right next to the hostess despite having a reservation. The service was excellent to start but there was over a 50 minute wait between appetizers being cleared and dinner served. The restaurant was not full. We did not order dessert or coffee. We were there for 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfuldkittyDined on 3/21/2014This is our 4th time back and I should have written a review before. Last year we had our wedding rehearsal dinner for a party of 14. While Domaine is a smaller restaurant they accommodated us well and our guests were all impressed, we virtually took over half the place and our servers took it in stride, it was a wonderful experience. Even though it was restaurant week and they had a set menu, they worked with us so that we wouldn't have much crossover with the wedding menu. Now going back just the 2 of us last night I'm reminded why we wanted to have the rehearsal dinner there in the first place…the food is wonderful (can't say that either of us have ever had a subpar meal), the wines are fabulous, and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Amazing!!RandomLocalFoodieDined on 3/15/2014One of the more memorable dining experiences I've had in a very long time. Service, selection, wine, and food were simply amazing! Will certainly be returning again. We ordered the 4 plate chef's choice dinner and it exceeded all expectations. 2 days later and we are still talking about our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in WilmingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/14/2014Chef Dwain did it again, from housemade Tasso ham to amazing clove spiced venison loin! His food never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience began withGinnyDined on 2/28/2014Our experience began with a warm welcome and culminated with being very satisfied with the dining experience from a very attentive but not overshadowing waiter to the marriage of delectable and interesting flavors. We started with a cheeseboard that was not only enjoyable to the palate but that was beautifully presented and explained. Each of us was more than pleased with our entrees, noting wonderful and delicate seasonings. Only one of us ordered dessert but all three sampled it and all three gave a hearty thumbs up to the sugar crusted creme brulee ~ a perfect punctuation on a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious beyond compare!CluneyDined on 2/22/2014The food combinations were so exquisite - for example the warm roasted beets with the cool homemade ricotta and the spiciness of the arugula was just fabulous - I coudl have made my whole meal with that salad. Everything we ate was delicious - every bite - the king salmon with the califlower puree and cool zucchini with lime, the fresh rockfish, the ceal chop done to perfection and the side dish of roasted califlower with pine nuts - I would go back and have it all over again. The service was friendly and competent. And I have to mention the dessert I had: frozen caramel machiatto WOW in a butterscotch sauce with gingersnaps and hazelnut brickle - one of the best desserts I have ever ordered and eaten!! I couldn't share it was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not All That and a Bag of ChipsJaneDined on 2/21/2014The reception and service was outstanding. The ambiance is excellent. The food was disappointing. Unlike most Wilmington restaurants, the food was not smothered in exaggerated seasoning and sauces, but the real taste of the ingredients was not on the other hand evident. Rutabaga soup could have been any creamy vegetable. It just tasted like puree something. The original pasta that probably had a wonderful taste was overwhelmed by an overly strong sauce. The lamb and steak were well cooked and had taste, but nothing outstanding. The gelato tasted like play-do. The flourless chocolate cake was bland. The expresso is typically American...not a true expresso (like La Fia) but a Starbucks version of a European coffee. This place has potential.Special Features:
- chilly experienceJasonDined on 2/15/2014We were seated in the back room that fit 4 tables, it was quiet but we weren't sure we liked it. The AC vent was pointed right at us and we had to put our coated on twice. The waiter Andre was kind enough to turn it off, it was Feb 15 and freezing out. Besides that, the food was great., the duck was very tender, the black garlic cavatelli was awesome. The wine list is unlike any list I've seen, not just huge, it has some of the best wines in the world, even grand cru bordeauxsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightGator75Dined on 2/14/2014Very attentive staff, fantastic wine selections, wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dinnerJewelsDined on 2/14/2014We booked reservations for our Valentines dinner. We arrived a little early but there was no place to wait until our table was ready because the bar seats were reserved. But the staff quickly resolved the issue and allow us and several others arriving to sit at the bar while waiting for tables. The staff is extremely pleasant and friendly and added to the enjoyable experience. We did not feel rushed and the food was brought out in a timely matter. We had salmon and rockfish and they were both delicious. The tables were a little close together as the waite staff had difficulty trying not to bump into guests chairs. Looking forward to trying this again on a regular night.Special Features:
- A chic spot with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014A chic spot with great food and intimate setting -- perfect for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedMarkDined on 2/14/2014I was told this restaurant was excellent but was disappointed. Atmosphere was great and it felt cozy but the food was not what we expected. We had the cheese platter and the person who brought it to the table told us what each cheese was but when we ate it it was wrong. We also had no idea how to eat the cheese platter because it had various sides with bread but we were unsure if we were to eat the cheese on the bread and if each cheese was matched up to a certain side or bread. I had a steak dinner that was also disappointing. The steak was cooked perfect but had very little flavor. Nice restaurant but fell short of my expectations. Would go again if I wasn't paying.
- A Gem in All RespectsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014The atmosphere is warm, quiet, inviting and classy- perfect for a personal or professional outing. The service is ideal- attentive, personable, helpful, enhancing the whole experience. But most important - the food- amazing. Each of us with varying palates raved about our selection... The duck, the lamb loin, the whole fish, the black garlic cavatelli, the blackened beets, and the desserts (carmel macchiato and pistachio tort). And almost forgot to mention the enjoyment of different wine flights for each of us - added a spark of fun to the lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!DEDinerVIPDined on 2/7/2014Domaine Hudson is my favorite restaurant. As usual, our meals were excellent. The Curry Spiced Bay Scallops were tender and delicious. The duck and beef third course were cooked perfectly, medium rare. The service has always been the best in the area, not at all pretentious.Special Features:
- Consistently consistentJohnDined on 2/6/2014I have traveled to Wilmington several times recently, and am delighted to have discovered this gem. It's damning with faint praise to say it stands out in an otherwise so-so restaurant scene, because it's great by pretty much any standard. Nondescript on the outside, and perfectly satisfactory but nothing all that special on the inside, the real attraction is the food. Intense tastes, fresh ingredients, creative combinations of flavors. Wilmington is hardly a destination, but if you find yourself there, do not even consider skipping this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.