Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
Jack London Village 14301 Arnold Drive
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oliveandvinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079969152x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Catherine Venturini (formerly Driggers)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From beginning to end, Olive and Vine's thoughtful, artistic, and delicious attention to detail are a reflection of the bountiful landscape of Sonoma County. Our menus are abundant with the seasonal harvests of the county's organic markets, artisan cheese makers, bread bakers, farmers and olive oil producers, showcased in each event as if they were our own.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer Private Dining in our beautiful rustic-chic dining room, Monday and Tuesday, as the restaurant is open Wednesday-Saturday. For Wednesday through Saturday, the restaurant is available for private events on a Buy-Out basis. Please email us for more info.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Venturini 7079969152x
- Special Events: We are closed for dinner on Sundays. We will begin Sunday dining April 6th.
A word from Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
Olive and Vine Restaurant, nestled away in Glen Ellen, California, showcases the abundance of Sonoma County's seasonal harvests and local artisans. We are passionate about creating a perfect experience for our guests. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen - Best Restaurants in Glen Ellen ›
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (44)romantic (43)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Outstanding as always!DennisSDined on 6/18/2014It is always and pleasant experience dining at Olive and Vine. From the time you are greeted at the door until you depart you experience professional and attentive service and memorable innovative food.Special Features:
- Spectacular Food and ServiceBassetloversDined on 6/14/2014We had a marvelous night. We were a party of 6, and were attended too immediately. The servers knew the menu, wines and what to pair with what. The Bok Choi dumplings were wonderful, as was the pork belly appetizer, melt in your mouth and perfectly seasoned. We actually had all of the appetizers (shared) and they were one better than the next. The salads were the same. And the mains followed suit. Lamb Chops medium rare, done to perfection. The wait staff took special care to bring proper sharing plates and utensils and keep the plates coming at a perfect pace. Not to fast or slow. This is an amazing place. DO NOT miss it! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceTopchefiamVIPDined on 5/28/2014Everything from beginning to end was a memorable meal. Looking forward to dining there again soon! Wonderful food and the wine we chose "The Two Amigos Viognier" complimented it very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummysonomakidDined on 5/25/2014Our visit was the latest of many previous ones. Inventive and carefully prepared menu items as always, and a dining delight if one does not like to be rushed. The wine list features many local wines at a reasonable mark-up. Complaints? Niggling ones regarding awkward service. Even though the restaurant was not full when we arrived, I had to summon a server twice before the bread came, and we waited a good 30 minutes for our salads to arrive. Notwithstanding that, our server was a delightful and chatty young lady. Maybe too chatty I suppose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 406 reviews are from the Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen reviews archive.
- foodfollowerDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful from beginning to end, we were seated immediately on our arrival and were offered water, our wine orders were delivered very quickly. The chef sent out an amuse bouche of tiny, sweet tomatoes with house made mozzarella and balsamic, wonderful way to start. We chose an appetizer of tender asparagus with a romesco sauce. I don't usually order chicken at restaurants because Hey, I can have chicken at home, but this time the roasted Meyer Lemon chicken was too tempting, and it was so tender and flavorful without the lemon being overwhelming. My husband ordered the Lamb porterhouse, which was cooked perfectly and served with a light, crispy risotto cake. The owners stopped by the table to greet us, all in all a great experience.Special Features:
- An off nightColibrifanVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is one of our favorite Glen Ellen restaurants. This particular night it was extremely busy. We had to wait 20 minutes after our reservation time. They had two large parties which seemed to affect the service to other tables. Ours was very, very slow. As usual, the food was wonderful. Summer salad with fresh peas and asparagus delicious! Halibut also very good. We'll be back but I hope they schedule better if they have multiple large parties coming in. Or hope to go in when they don't. We'll be back.Special Features:
- One not so pleased diner1PleaseddinerDined on 5/22/2014We have dined here many times and the food is always good. This time, we had dined with other locals who had never been to O and V before. Since it was our anniversary we brought a special bottle of wine that was not on the menu, and one of the guests ordered two glasses of wine from the menu. When the bill came, we were charged $25.00 corkage fee. There are several restaurants in the Valley that do not charge corkage, especially to locals, and it is rare to find a similar restaurant in the area that charges $25.00 corkage for one bottle of wine. It was unfortunate, because our friends said although the food was good, the corkage fee will keep them from returning.Special Features:
- GreekcookVIPDined on 5/21/2014great food. recommend Neightborhood night on Wednesdays. fixed price menu outstanding. plus free corkage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; Service let us downJanice949VIPDined on 5/4/2014Had big expectations, tough to get a reservation here. The ambiance was lovely, very "wine country"-ish. Everything started out great. Our apps and mains tasted very good. But our server(s) didn't stop by after that to see how our dinners were, until we'll after we were done. We ordered dessert but then we waited and waited and waited for our desserts, until we finally had to ask if they were coming soon. We had two servers, and apparently no one put in our dessert order. It was a Monday night even. Note: Buy a bottle of wine and then there's no charge on the 2nd bottle that you bring. It was pricey, and we would have been more pleased if there was good consistent service.Special Features:
- DecentdsmokeDined on 5/3/2014Not sure if it's because I like in Berkeley, but I thought Olive and Vine was good, but not memorable enough for a return. The food is top quality and prepared well. The prices are fair. The experience was just not special enough to impress. The ceilings are very high and the ceiling fans were going non-stop which made the room cold for my taste. The crowd was older when my boyfriend and I dined there, yet the acoustics of the room were a bit loud. Bread was slow to come, as was the glass of wine I had ordered with my entre. I also would have appreciated more vegetarian/pescatarian options for the entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!skygrlDined on 4/30/2014good, service & wine were all great! wpuld definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLolly425VIPDined on 4/23/2014Food was good and the service was nice. However, the menu seemed limited and the ambience was weird. Would have been nicer with music? Something about the place felt ....glum.Special Features:
- Consistently OutstandingDennisSDined on 4/23/2014Food and service could not have been better! Owner of the establishment visited the table to ensure we, and others around us, we're pleased ... This is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top experienceLifeisgoodDined on 4/19/2014We selected Olive and Vine from the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were looking for a high end place with a good wine list to celebrate our 20th anniversary and this place appeared to fit the bill. We noted on our open table reservation that it was our 20th just in case it would be important to them. When we arrived, the hostess greeted us with a "happy anniversary" and we noted on our menus at the top they had inserted "happy anniversary" in the title. Nice touch. Over the course of the night, every waiter and bidder in the place made it a point to wish us a happy anniversary. We were impressed. The owner is a somalier and very gracious and he paired each course with a local wine. The food was outstanding with veggies from their garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindWineguy04Dined on 4/17/2014While on a birthday trip with a group of 6 people we found a review of Olive & Vine and decided to make the reservation. Since we were staying in Glen Ellen we were happy to be close to our lodging as well. The restaurant is first class. The food was outstanding - from the homemade green goddess salad dressing (great!) to all of the entrees our group had. I ordered the pork chop that was served over a sort of guacamole that was as good as the perfectly cooked chop. Very good wine list and the restaurant sommiller was helpful with the wine we ordered as well as the bottle we brought with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glen Ellen GemGourmand1VIPDined on 4/17/2014Probably a 1 star Michelin - it is a true gem in the Sonoma Valley area.Special Features:
- Our entire experience wasbbbabyDined on 4/13/2014Our entire experience was divine: food, service, selections everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 of us ate here and fiveHarryVIPDined on 4/12/20146 of us ate here and five of the six thought the food was exceptional--the one who was disappointed ordered a chicken dish that was dry --but the pork. fish, and lamb were excellent--the wine list was good with a variety of price ranges but we felt pressured to order wine in the $115 to $125 category even though we tried to indicate that this was more than we were prepared to pay--on the whole though an exceptional restaurant for its foodSpecial Features:
- Good but priceyKNWDeaterDined on 4/12/2014Good food, but limited menu and a little on the pricey side for the venue. Service is very attentive with the food presented timely and well. We're local and will only go there when we're ready to drop some bucks on dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining gem!JLarkinDined on 4/11/2014One of the best restaurants in Sonoma/Glen Ellen. The staff are great and create a wonderful dining experience. Emily is awesome! Great wine list, changing menu items, fresh ingredients, and awesome dessert as well. I would definitely recommend for any occasion. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a while we've had everyDeliciousandNutritiousVIPDined on 4/9/2014After a while we've had every dish on the regular menu, so we really look forward to the Wednesday night specials. Last week the Thai seafood red curry was just fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Sonoma ValleylocalyokalDined on 4/9/2014One of the 3 to 4 very top restaurants in Sonoma Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Glen Ellen optionsantarosatouristsVIPDined on 4/3/2014Olive and Vine is a moderate sized family run place that really touches all the bases. From initial greeting to walking out the door, everything was just perfect. Imaginative recipes perfectly executed. Very knowledgeable sommelier. Nice wait staff, too. For us, this makes THREE really great restaurants in the little town of Glen Ellen. We would recommend Olive and Vine to anyone. We are very lucky to live nearby.Special Features:
- It depends on what you orderJoshuaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Two of us went for dinner at Olive & Vine last week and had a wildly divergent experience. We ordered/shared two salads and two entrees. One of the salads (Beet) was dry with virtually no flavor or interest. The other, their version of a Caesar was great. The same with entrees. The steak was beautifully cooked and seasoned although there was a significant amount of fat and gristle. The stuffed potato was great. The lamb chop was over cooked (ordered medium rare, it came out much closer to well done) and so small that I barely got two bites - most of which were gristle. On both plates there was a medley of vegetables - none of which were cooked or seasoned at all. Inconsistent and way too expensive.
- Wonderful experience!CPGMDined on 3/26/2014Olive and Vine is a gem of a restaurant in Glen Ellen. Food and service were excellent. The owner stopped at our table for a chat, a very nice touch. My husband loved his lamb dish and I greatly enjoyed the gnocchi. The apple crisp dessert was divine. O & V was busy on a Wednesday night in the off-season so I recommend reservations. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationHyg3Dined on 3/26/2014Wonderful food,!! Everyone enjoyed their entrees. Lamb porterhouse very flavorful .. The special chicken with wine was talked about the next day from a hard to pease palate. Service was great from the decanting of our wines to making us feel welcome from both the owners. Thanks Katherine.Special Features:
- Bon TempsmizprimroseDined on 3/19/2014The Halibut was great. I shared some food with others and the beans, rice and tamale were fantastic. The distance from one of our table mates was a bit too far and I could not hear him very well. Otherwise a great meal. We have had three meals at least. All good, but this one of the best. Thanks, DaveSpecial Features:
- VERY ENJOYABLE!WinchestersDined on 3/15/2014Great restaurant. Owner was especially nice. We were first time visitors to the area and hope to return soon and will certainly go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week findgrandmaruthieDined on 3/15/2014Tried this restaurant out during Restaurant Week. Very nice prix fixe meal. Everything tasted great. Service was outstanding. Nice Wine list, but $20 corkage was at least 1/2 the cost of any bottle on the list. Noise level was fairly high since Restaurant week created a very full house. I definitely would recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!HuskervorkianDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I took advantage of O&V's very appealing prixe fixe menu during SoCo Restaurant Week. The (nontraditional but inspired) pork osso bucco was over-the-top good, one of the best OB we've ever had. It swam in a pinot noir/cherry sauce with a couple types of rice. Nicely-done mixed veggies on the side. Our dessert was a beautiful bread pudding with sliced pears and a caramel sauce. It was heavenly, especially paired with the late-harvest viognier. Corkage ($25) is a little steep for Sonoma, but we're definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local spotalanDined on 3/14/2014We went here for the first time to sample the Sonoma restaurant special menu. The food was excellent, and staff attentive. It is a charming restaurant in an old winery.Special Features:
- Spot on!HighStandardFoodiesDined on 3/13/2014Loved the hidden gem feel as we entered from the long hallway. Loved the look and feel of the place. Loved the food, wine and service. Did I leave anything out?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous.... as alwaysmondongoDined on 3/12/2014Cooked chicken can have nothing special. The crisp and juicy qualities of this plus the flufiest corn mousse... no surprises here since its owner Catherine Driggers is there providing her signature outstanding quality and service!!Special Features:
- PricyGreekcookVIPDined on 3/12/2014Good Grief, $25 corkage. I guess they're trying to discourage diners from bringing in their own wine. But it's smack in the middle of wine country. I thought every meal was about $10 to high. I just dined at A16, basically same 2 meals and the tab was $21 less. I hear they have a neighborhood night, and a reasonable menu, we live just a few miles away so might go back and try that.Special Features:
- ambiencechrisDined on 3/12/2014decoration, lighting, table spacing, silverware, owner =all fabulous!!! food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma dining at it's bestsonomagalDined on 3/7/2014There are so many nice places to eat in the town of Sonoma and Sonoma Valley but I really think that this is Sonoma dining at its best! In the town of Glen Ellen located in a small center that has a lot of history. In fact, when you come in through the entrance you walk down a long hall where you can read some of the history as well as look at pictures of years past. The food is yummy and is presented well. The service is excellent without being pretentious. This makes for a very comfortable dining experience. They also have a good selection of wines as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarNightOutDined on 3/7/2014Olive and Vine is one of our top picks to have a truly nice dinner out. We are locals and we consider this to be one of the best 'neighborhood gems' around. Service, service, service, from the owner to the wait-staff to their new sommelier James who is a young very passionate soon to be wine star in the Valley's wine industry. You never have to worry about the quality of the food as it is all simply exquisite and you just can't make a wrong choice. Your only problem will be, making choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately we had a badOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2014Unfortunately we had a bad experience because we booked with Open Table. I requested a table for 7 pm and your website said that only 6:00 and 7:45 were available. So I booked for 7:45 although that is really too late to be driving home after dinner to Sonoma. Later I contacted Open Table again to add one to our part and I hoped that I would be able to get an earlier time. But no...just the same times available. When we arrived at the restaurant it was empty except for one table. I asked what was going on and it had been slow all evening. They could have taken us at any time!! So we ate alone and kept the staff there late and it ws all unnecessary. Ann Wiklund
- Perfect little gem.KenwoodFoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014The service is amazing (both owners were there that night personally checking on tables and making amazing suggestions for pairings), the food is divine, and the sparkly crystal chandeliers and candlelight make the whole place warm, inviting, and romantic. I usually skip over a chicken entree, but their roasted chicken with wild mushroom bread pudding is a thing of perfection. It's as good as any steak I've ever had. My husband and I each chose a dessert, and again, while I go for chocolate every time, his walnut cake was a caramel-brown-sugar-buttery slice of heaven. I'll get that next time for sure. Everything we had was incredible. Olive and Vine is a treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and welcomingglueDined on 2/22/2014Our high expectations were met. We decided to go with a couple of "noshes" and a couple of "middles" for our meal. It was just the right amount of food for an early dinner. The personal touch of the owners and the owners' daughter stopping by to introduce themselves and to check in on our menu choices is always welcomed. The atmosphere just sets you up to enjoy delicious food and a glass of Nebiola (sp?) wine. Will return next time in Glen Ellen.Special Features: