Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
HawaiianPrice: $50 and over
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Royal-Pacific-Resort/dining
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Saturdays: 5:00pm - 8:00pm year rounds plus Tuesdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Guest registration begins at 5pm, seating begins at 6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: The Wantilan Luau takes you on a high-energy, interactive, and entertaining journey through the islands of the South Pacific. Featuring performers from Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti dressed in original hand-made costumes, this action-packed, family-oriented show has something for all ages. Not only will you feel the rhythmic pounding of the drums as they accompany our beautiful dancers, you'll have the chance to experience it first-hand as audience members are invited on stage to dance the hula. The show closes with a rousing finale of dance spectacle to bid the audience a fond and warm "Aloha".
A word from Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
Experience an evening of authentic Polynesian food & entertainment at the enchanting Wantilan Luau, a weekly Hawaiian dinner show featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet of Polynesian specialties, live Hawaiian music and traditional hula dancing. Menu features items like pit-roasted suckling pig, Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki, "Catch of the Day", tropical fruits and desserts, plus a special kid's buffet. Non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer & mai tais are included. Saturdays year round & Tuesdays seasonally. Registrations starts at 5p and seating begins at 6p, reservations are required. Adults $63 - $70, Children 4-12 $35 - $40, 3 & under complimentary (Priority seating available at an additional price)(gratuity included, price plus tax).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (6)romantic (5)scenic view (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Wouldn't do againOhioDined on 6/15/2013Food was horrible. Drinks were bad. Had to wait in a long line to be checked in. After 1st wait, told to return At 6:00. Had to wait in line again to be seated. Very unorganized. Getting buffet style meal was a free for all. Show was mediocre. Very expensive for bad food, bad service, and moderate show.Special Features:
- Felt like a Bad wedding receptionMarcia621Dined on 6/15/2013We were sat at a table by ourselves, when there were many other tables that had seating avail, closer to the stage. We felt like were were in the back of a wedding reception, with bad music. The food wasnt very warm, and after the show started our waitress NEVER came back. Meaning, no one to refill even water. I am a local, and after asking around others I knew said they felt the same way. To bad because it was awfully expensive.Special Features:
- Third Luau for UsbetterbeforeDined on 6/8/2013This was our 3rd Luau but we were a bit disappointed. We paid for "priority seating" (WAY in advance) and were told to be there at 5:30pm. However, when we got there (at 5:20pm), there were many people ahead of us and we wound up in the back of the dining room (table 15). We had brought a special friend with us and bragged about the event, but in the end, it did not live up to the previous times we had attended. In addition to being disappointed with our seats, the food was not nearly as good as before. The pig was on the dry side, the other choices were limited, and the desert selection was limited to 4 bite size choices, no pies, cakes, or anything else. Overall it was NOT our best experience. We will not attend again,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceSpurificDined on 6/4/2013Well worth the time and money. Food Service ended a little too soon...but overall a great time!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island touchFoodieatheartDined on 6/4/2013Th luau buffet was generous, many items to choose. The kids buffet was filled with all the things they love, as well. From kimchee to the roasted pig, everything was tasty. Along with a bottomless MaiTai! Seating is based on when you check in, starting at 5:00. Our table was perfect, but there isn't a bad seat to be had. The music & dance is wonderful! They were entertaining and engaging. The band was soft during dinner, but really got into the spirit when the dances started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeSlideHappyDined on 5/25/2013Great Food, Great Entertainmeent! all in an awsome resort to explore afterwards or prior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful luau experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013We were not sure what to expect but everyone in our party was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful food, hula dancers and fire dancer. The entire staff helped to make my parents' 50th anniversary just like a second honeymoon for them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm assuming they've changedBamaVIPDined on 5/18/2013I'm assuming they've changed the check in process (as compared to past reviews I've read) because I showed up at 5pm expecting to wait in line for and hour. The hostess confirmed my reservation, we paid, got a table #, and went for a drink upstairs in the hotel until 6pm when they opened the doors. I was glad i didn't have to fight for a good table. The food was good (not 5 star but also not poor quality. Remember it's a buffet!) I drank wine but my friends said the Mai tais were good but not too strong. The servers cleared empty plates quickly and were friendly. The dessert selection was lacking. Loved the show, the MC is very warm and the performers were skilled. It's outdoors so keep that in mind with weather. We had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not good, not worth the moneynothappyDined on 5/18/2013the food was not very good at all , the main thing we wanted was the suckling pig (which it was not ) but it was so dry I could not swallow it with out water, also not plentiful enough. the waiter was not where to be found to get drinks as soon as the show started they were all gone and we had nothing to drink not even the included drinks , they also never asked us if we wanted anything other than what came with, my husband wanted a beer that was suppossed to come included anbd we never found the waiter to ask.We left because basiclly the show was pretty boring and we wanted a few drinks to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I really wish we had gone someplace else not worth the money at all!!!!.I was embarrassedSpecial Features:
- Thanks for a Wonderful Time!2Great2BForgotenDined on 5/11/2013It was just a wonderful evening! The Food, The Service, The ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price!girlfromtxDined on 5/11/2013We thought the food and show would be much better for the price that we paid! Disappointed!
- Experience was great and theFroggerDined on 5/4/2013Experience was great and the performance was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrailriderDined on 4/27/2013My parents just returned from Maui and attended the luau at the Westin. From the description of their experience this is a great option if you can't go to Maui. We all loved it!! There is not one negative thing that we have to say.The food was really good and I am a picky eater. Our 6 year old daughter also ate well. The hula dancing was beautiful and skilled. The evening was very lively and fun. It had a great mix of dancing and singing as well as audience participation. The director of the show did a great job. He mentioned some people celebrating special occasions by name and from memory. That really impressed me. Will recommend it to all our friends. And will probably go again as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUVDITLUVDITDined on 4/27/2013The dinner/show was one of the highlights from our vacation. The food, service and entertainment were top notch! We would recommend this for adults only, as the young children with other families were not interested in sitting for 2 hours to eat and watch the show (there was an area just outside where they were able to play though.) The show did involve the audience participating through out which was also very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquesclemDined on 4/27/2013We went to this dinner on our last night at Universal because we thought it would be a unique and different experience for our vacation. Our daughter is 13 and enjoyed it. The food was ok for adults and gave options for picky kids too. Actually, I expected the buffet to be a bit better for the price. But the entertainment was excellent. Sevice was also excellent. FYI: my credit card statement bill was 25% higher than it should've been because they reserve that much for gratuity. Tip is included in the price and should not be paid seperately, unless you want to tip more. However, it came off the next day and I was charged the correct amount. Overall was a good experience for entire family.Special Features:
- The entertainment was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013The entertainment was excellent! The food was very good for a buffet! However, the website instructions conflicted with the confirmation instructions as to the time you had to go to the luau. It was difficult to understand that you had to go at 5 p.m. even though you made a reservation with your credit card, to get a table/seat assignment and pay for the tickets. Then you had to go back at 6 p.m. to be seated and start the buffet. This needs to be clarified as a family's time is limited and valuable while on vacation. Thinking kids could eat at 5 when they can't eat till 6 and waiting around for an hour, doesn't work.Special Features:
- The show was great! However,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The show was great! However, I would highly recommend the buffet should serve a little longer and consider have a smaller size table, so guests won't need to share table with strangers! Waiting in line and eating within an hour in buffet style seem a little rush. I want to enjoy the food not jam the food into my mouth. Especially, it was a special occasion for that night. Also, I would suggest instant of put all the food in one area, they may consider set up one area for cold/ salad / appetizer and serve dinner/hot meal at the other, it may also help the line traffic. Maybe the show and dinner time extend to 2.5 or 3 hours. After the show start, all the severs disappear!? I couldn't ask for refill my drink?Special Features:
- Great camaraderie, outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Great camaraderie, outstanding service and a great show.Thanks,ILIASpecial Features:
- Very much fun - could be better!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Very much fun - could be better! Would like to have had less wait time in line for food - would suggest opening up more tables with food to get guests fed faster. Should offer more alcohol choices on menu - not just Mai Tais, but include some beer choices or wine. Would suggest smaller tables of 4 and not 10 - maybe have choices for table sharing or own table. A bit pricey but you are paying for the entertainment which was excellent for 1 hour long. Very enjoyable atmosphere and out kids, 10 and 13, loved it!Special Features:
- My fiancée and I checked thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013My fiancée and I checked this out on a recent trip to Universal. It was an amazing experience! When we first arrived we were greeted with lei's.Then they seated us and started bringing us free Mai Thai's which was cool. There was also a wine and beer bar that was included in the price. The food was very good with a variety of salads, side dishes, and meats which included a whole roast pig. There was also a dessert bar but most items had nuts so I couldn't try them (allergies). The show itself was very entertaining and included members of the audience at some points. Overall it was a great night and we didn't even have to leave the hotel.
- Polynesian dinner showDadmarchantVIPDined on 2/23/2013Food was good for a buffet and had a lot of variety; but the main reason to dine here is for the dinner show. The show Is about an hour while the buffet is open for a bout an hour before the show. You dine at long tables under a pavilion in the evening and service is minimal - limited to drinks and refills of the drinks. Parking at the hotel normally costs a fee; but at the check-in at the pavilion, get a ticket to pay for the parking.Special Features:
- It was only 35 degrees - hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013It was only 35 degrees - had us check in 30 min prior to the dinner and had to wait outside in the cold and wind. Upon entering the tent we were seated at table #21 - the sides were both open w/ the wind blowing through. Heaters were set up but up at the front by the band - we were in the back. Had a quick dinner and left before the show as we had enough of the cold. We would have appreciated an option of canceling due to the weather. The hotel and staff were appoligic about the weather but no rebate was offered.
- It's a little pricey but superOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/9/2013It's a little pricey but super fun. Food was interesting and eclectic... it is still a buffet ... crowd was intimate... desserts were yum!Special Features:
- This was a Christmas giftOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013This was a Christmas gift to my husband of 25 years. We have not visited Haiwaii yet but felt as if we were there at this wonderfull dinner show. It was authentic and I would recommend the event to many others.Special Features:
- Such a wonderful expderienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Such a wonderful expderience for anyone who wants to spend a great time with fine food and and excellent show. Everyone treats you special from start to finish.Special Features:
- outstanding, fun family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013The food was outstanding......Service was outstanding............ Great family event... The music was outstanding........ The history of the Islands and the dancers was outstanding... Loved it, we had a great time..Special Features:
- I found it too expensive forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I found it too expensive for what it was.and the tip was imposed and high.I paid 191.55 for my wife and I.Special Features:
- It was billed as an all youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012It was billed as an all you can eat, but we barely had time to eat one plate from the buffet and quickly grab dessert before the show started. One food table was already taken down by that time and the pig roast was put away. Once the show started, it would have been very awkward to go back to the buffet. The mai tai's tasted like watery fruit punch. Other luau's I've attended brought the dishes family style to the table which was what I thought I had seen in the description when I booked it (although I could be mistaken with that. There was zero waiter service. Having to get up from the table for the beer and wine also made it very awkward. The show was very good, but I left hungry.
- Food was great. Brought kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Food was great. Brought kids and they enjoyed everything as well. Coldest night of the year, not enough heaters made the outside experience unpleasant. No story line with the performance. (I enjoyed what Sea World used to do.) This one needs some work before I'll come back.
- Best Luau in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Took my friends who were celebrating their anniversary this Luau. I searched high and low for a luau in Florida and fell upon this one. So happy I found this spot. I took them there as a surprise anniversary gift. The food was very good....was not salty like most buffets these days, and it was very tasty. My friends were able to enjoy the show and I got to dance the hula onstage for a few minutes---which was so much fun! This place is worth a revisit!!!Special Features:
- It was funtastic night forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012It was funtastic night for 3of us! Just a friendly comment to hotel , it was bit dark on the path while you wait to enter .dancer was dancing beautifully,but we couldn't see her because there were no lights arround.Special Features:
- Where's the alcohol and beverages??OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012The wait staff never Let us order wine,beer, coffee or soda. They just filled our glasses with non alcoholic mai tai and took off. And yes the Mai tai didn't have much if any alcohol. Our party was extremely disappointed in the service and beverage problems. We would probably go to a different luau because of this.
- Great Show. Good Food.tbird1021VIPDined on 11/24/2012Went during a family vaca to Universal Studios. There was an adult buffet and a kids buffet. The adult buffet was very good. But, the kids food was limited to things like mac & ch and pizza. Fine for 'little' kids, but not older kids. The adults were only offered water or a Mai Tai to drink - even though the advertising for the Luau said there was also beer and wine available. And, the kids were only offered water or fruit punch. Way to restricted for the price. ($100 -including the mandatory gratuity- for 1 adult and 1 child). They also shoved too many people on a table. Given that the Luau was not full (about 3 or 4 empty tables) they could have spread us out a little. The show was great. Very interactive.Special Features:
- Wantilan Luau at Loews RoyalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2012Wantilan Luau at Loews Royal Pacific Resort is a must do when visiting Orlando. It's an awesome show that is perfect for the whole family.Special Features:
- Was not quite what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Was not quite what we expected for the price. It was difficult to locate once at the Resort. Our group had trouble checking in. One staff had a very bad attitude about making change. Servers were great! Announcer was sometimes hard to understand, but he kept the party going. Good audience participation, especially for the kids, which is very important. Would not do it again. Once and done.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012The overall experience was alright but for the cost I wouldn't come back.
- Great experience; great managementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The Luau was really excellent and fun too . Great music food and drinks. It was about $200 for 4 people and that seemed fair. We have two kids who loved it too. There was a mix up (which was my fault) and the manager was incredibly polite and helpful not to mention gracious in the situation. He also did the smart thing and reassured my family and I not to worry but he had a table for us and we'd figure it out. Thanks so much staff of the Wantilan.Special Features:
- I had been wanting to checkOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/6/2012I had been wanting to check out the Luau at the Royal Pacific for years and I'm so happy I finally did. The food was fantastic. I would have gone up for thirds if my belly hadn't been so full. I'm a vegetarian, so most Luaus don't impress me very much - at least not foodwise. But this buffet satisfied me, my carnivorous husband, and everybody in between. Bottomless mai-tais were delicious. The show was entertaining - the male dancer was probably the best, and he knew it. So cute when they brought the kiddos up. Only down side - Wish they wouldn't always ridicule the men who they force to go up. American men don't need any more encouragement to avoid dancing.Special Features:
- Say mahalo to WantilanMPaulJCVIPDined on 10/6/2012Loew's gets this so right! My wife &I felt like we were back in Kauai on our honeymoon. A great experience for families, quite wholesome. The food was quite good, the table service attentive, and the entertainment was a blast. The clientele can be another story: all you can eat buffet seems to attract a lowest common denominator element. My wife & I encountered line jumpers and folks itching for a dust-up. Great for raucous kids and folks looking to blow off some steam with Mai-tais. Bottom line: the dancers and musicians were top notch and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The service was outstanding and making reservations is the way to go to get your prime seating. Food was good and the beverages stayed full at all times. Great One Time Experience!Special Features: