Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
HawaiianPrice: $50 and over
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Royal-Pacific-Resort/dining
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Saturdays: 5:00pm - 8:00pm year rounds plus Tuesdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Guest registration begins at 5pm, seating begins at 6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: The Wantilan Luau takes you on a high-energy, interactive, and entertaining journey through the islands of the South Pacific. Featuring performers from Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti dressed in original hand-made costumes, this action-packed, family-oriented show has something for all ages. Not only will you feel the rhythmic pounding of the drums as they accompany our beautiful dancers, you'll have the chance to experience it first-hand as audience members are invited on stage to dance the hula. The show closes with a rousing finale of dance spectacle to bid the audience a fond and warm "Aloha".
A word from Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
Experience an evening of authentic Polynesian food & entertainment at the enchanting Wantilan Luau, a weekly Hawaiian dinner show featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet of Polynesian specialties, live Hawaiian music and traditional hula dancing. Menu features items like pit-roasted suckling pig, Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki, "Catch of the Day", tropical fruits and desserts, plus a special kid's buffet. Non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer & mai tais are included. Saturdays year round & Tuesdays seasonally. Registrations starts at 5p and seating begins at 6p, reservations are required. Adults $63 - $70, Children 4-12 $35 - $40, 3 & under complimentary (Priority seating available at an additional price)(gratuity included, price plus tax).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (6)romantic (5)scenic view (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Fun but not worth preferred seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014The food was quite good and there are great choices for picky eaters. We paid for preferred seating but I'm not really sure what that got us. We were seated at the last table in back and the kids could not really see the show. That was our biggest disappointment. It is still a fun, relaxing way to spend an evening.Special Features:
- LuauOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014The Luau was great! A little long but fun and memorable. The food was amazing and the staff was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Luau!AmberDined on 3/15/2014I had read mixed reviews online prior to booking and was unsure if we should do this but Oh my gosh! I'm so happy that we did! What an excellent show! Great dancing, great entertainment, good food, kids loved it! We would go back and I am recommending it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family FunLocalYocalDined on 3/15/2014The show was terrific. The hotel is beautiful. It is family dining style, so you do get put with others, so that part was a bit awkward. It would have been more fun if they placed us with another family with kids. Otherwise it was great.Special Features:
- Fabulous evening, made toBooantfranDined on 3/8/2014Fabulous evening, made to feel very welcome. Will definitely recommend and do againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great giftOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I wasn't sure what to expect but this was one of the best gifts I had received and wouldn't mind recommending it to someone elae.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luaumel66Dined on 2/1/2014Excellent friendly service and plenty of food choice. Fun entertainment and well worth the cost. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luauspindriftDined on 2/1/2014The food was good. The cast was excellent and very friendly. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Luau was ok. I liked theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The Luau was ok. I liked the dancing and fire. Personaly I didn't like the meal but my husband did. It was nothing the restaurant did just personal preference . One of our kids liked the pizza not the show the other kid didn't like either. So for the cost I am alittle sad. Again though it is of no fault of the restaurant. So we will return to the resort which was great but not the Luau. It's just a personal preference. Thank you though and I know those girls had to be cold . Wish I would have enjoyed it more.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014I have always wanted to go to a luau and this couldn't have been better! The food was so delicious; I definitely stuffed myself that night! The entertainment was amazing; the fire dancers were unbelievable and thrilling. The service was great; our drinks were never less than half full. Although it is a little pricy, it is definitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauChristieDined on 12/31/2013The food was awesome and the show was great. Compared to Disney's Polynesian Review the show cast was smaller and not as dramatic but more entertaining since they involve the audience. The food at the Luau was 10 times better than the Polynesian review at Disney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The show was very good; theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013The show was very good; the food was good; the wine was not good. They took a reservation for priority seating but did not honor it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, but a bit priceyfunnyboy714Dined on 12/28/2013Bring your appetite. But it's definitely not worth it if you have a light or picky eater.Special Features:
- MissableSakeDined on 12/28/2013Food was fine and certainly plentiful and service was very good. We may just not be the target audience. Six year old son was bored by the dancing, and 10 year old daughter was put off by the hula dancers' coconut shell bras. Had a bit of a dated feel.Special Features:
- Luau DisappointmentDeltaDined on 12/7/2013The show was the only good aspect of the experience. The food was mediocore at best and the selection was very limited. I asked for a diet coke to drink and was surprised to find that is not an available option. Beer, MaiTai wine and lemonade were all fine but a soft drink was too great a request...I had water. You would think at $75/person there would be a larger food selection and soft drinks would be an option.Special Features:
- Nothing like the childish "Disney"sjudiDined on 11/23/2013This was the best group of dancers I've seen The food was pretty good and the service was ok until the show started then they disappeared I would recommend this luau for the authentic dancing and entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall good experiencelbroyDined on 11/9/2013The food was mediocre but the entertainment was top notch, really amazing music, hula dancers and fire dancers. My young son loved being pulled on stage to wiggle his hips for the crowd. Abit overcrowded but overall worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Pig, fish, fruits and desserts were awesome however myself and my friend didn't care for the other food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outPuppypieDined on 11/2/2013This was a good night out if you want something different. A good choice of food on the buffet and the entertainment was very good and educational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wantilan at Lowes Royal Pacific.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2013An amazing experience suitable for all ages and the whole family. Food is lovely although fill your plate quickly as it soon runs out and the tables are not replenished. Saying that there was enough to go around. Drinks are regularly refilled at no extra cost. The music and dancing on stage is fantastic especially the fire breathing act. Audience can participate too including the children. A great night out and would definitely reccomend.Special Features:
- Hawaii is closer than you thinkmoonwalk4foodDined on 10/12/2013We go to Universal Studios at least once a year, sometimes twice and always stay at one of the Loews Universal Resorts, but this was the first time we went to the Wantilan Luau. I was amazed at all of the negative comments. The food was excellent and the performers were great. Don't get turned off by the cost, because when you break it down it's very reasonable. The cost includes food, drinks, and even gratuity. I drink, so I easily covered the cost of drinks with just a few Mai Tai's, even though I'll admit I had more than just "a few". The roast pork was excellent as was the other "exotic" foods I probably would have never tried had they all not been included in the buffet. Try it at least once, but we'll be back on our next trip down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fun, great music & dancingDocrwmDined on 9/21/2013Lots of good food buffet style and great dancing. Service varies a LOT based on staff, tip is prepaid FYI. Dancers are friendly and available after the show for meet & greet and pictures. Live music and dance instruction takes place in the waiting line during check-in too. Not as hokey as WDW's luau, but just as good dancing and better food by far IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2013Enjoyed the experience and the food. Colorful costuming and energetic show without being too loud. Outdoor covered setting in a garden was lovely and picturesque. Would be good for a special occasion dinner/event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wantilan LuauOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Dinner started off slow... Showed up at 6:05 and were sat at a table with a silent family of strangers who were already 3/4 done with their meals. (It was buffet style, and most of the families with kids showed up early/on time and wasted no time hitting the food). A trio band was playing during the Buffett hour. Not bad, just some soft Hawaiian music. Things stayed mellow until the show started at 7:00. The show itself was pretty good. Energetic, comedic, audience involved. There was a variety of island music, hula girls, and fire dancing. This show would be great to take families to for a little taste of Polynesia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly entertainingtomstpeteDined on 8/31/2013beautiful hula girls, spectacular fire dancer, talented band and warm MC -not to mention plentiful delicious food and drink- made for a wonderful evening. I've been to several Luau's in Hawaii and this was as authentic as any of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! The Island Music-fantastFLPanhandlePatriotDined on 8/31/2013Wonderful! The Island Music-fantastic. The buffet-beautiful and best of all it tasted great. I tried everything, my plate was overflowing and I ate it all. The mini desserts allowed me to sample many varieties - loved the mango cheesecake. The Mai Tai's were fruity and delicious. The entertainment engaged the crowd and told stories of the islands. The costumes changes were fantastic and the dancers great. Of course I was amazed by the fire dancing. Also you could have pictures with the girls afterwards. The staff was delightful. Our waiter and waitress were fun and gave us tips for having a better time. They announced what we were celebrating and our friend got to go on stage to dance and that video is priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE CHECK I PROCESS WAS TEDIOUS,THEROBERTSDined on 8/31/2013THE CHECK I PROCESS WAS TEDIOUS, you should have Ice tea and sodas for non alcoholic drinkers, BEST PULLED PORK I EVER ATE! Wish I had the recipe! The costumed dancers were very talented. The deserts could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauLuauDined on 8/31/2013I was a little disappointed with the show. After a hula or two it was a little boring. I don't know what I really expected I guess, but more than what the show offered.Special Features:
- Fun luauPatfamDined on 8/24/2013My family had a great time. The food was great, and the entertainment was wonderful! The staff went out of the way to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at a LuauOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013We loved out evening at the Luau! the food was great, the service, excellent and the entertainment was Fantastic! We met nice people at our table, a family with young kids and a couple out for their anniversary. We have already recommended the experience to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aloha!VirginianDined on 8/10/2013A specialty restaurant with open seating, people gather early to buy tickets. Hosts provide water and a ukele player while 1 performer shows/teaches the hula. This is a 2 hour experience in a tropical hut canopy. The first hour is a Hawaiian buffet dinner complete with a slow roasted pig. Servers keep glasses filled and. plates cleared while a group play traditional music on the stage. The 2nd hour starts the show with 4 young ladies and 1 young man performing Slow/fast South Sea dances. The young man demonstrates a flaming torch dance! Best of all they involve (You don't have to!) the audience by getting a few of us on stage with them. All in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TipsTexCrew1Dined on 7/23/2013The service could have been WAY better! The show could have been louder & MORE interactive with the crowd( adults mainly-not everyone has kids!) The food could have been left out longer!Special Features:
- LuauTxHornDined on 7/16/2013I've been to a few luaus in Hawaii, this was a very nice and well thought out event. Very entertaining and the food was very good. Would do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keeperlovers20Dined on 7/9/2013The luau was excellent.They had audience participation & a fantastic show with an excellent buffet including one for the kids.If you ever come to Florida & have time I suggest you try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!7bdayDined on 7/6/2013This was an awesome experience and the kids loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would do againluvdisplaceDined on 7/6/2013I lucked up on this place thru things to do while in Orlando. My family and I enjoyed ourselves. The only thing we didn't understand war the limit on the buffet for food. The drink and desserts bar lasted up until 30min prior to the luau ending and felt the food should've been given the same limit. Either way, the show was very enjoyable and we had a great time. LeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but dinner wasDJ1965Dined on 7/6/2013Food was good but dinner was very rushed. Show was fair. Not worth the price. Would not recommend.
- A little disorganizedOntheisland2Dined on 7/6/2013Great people great show! The food was fair. Just know that ven bough you have a reservation you have a one hour window to check in and get your table number. The line was long. The wait was long and that was really disorganized .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the dinner and entertainmJoseDined on 6/25/2013I enjoyed the dinner and entertainment. The service was also great. Thanks for making our dinner so nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night!CapegrlDined on 6/18/2013I attended the Luau with my 10 yr old dtr. We had a fantastic time. The buffet had a varied selection. My favorite was the Grilled Salmon with Asian Citrus sauce. It was delicious. The hula dancers and Fire Chief were phenomenal and put on a fun, interactive, entertaining show. I would highly recommend for any couples, families or even large groups who may be travelling on business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.