The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hardrockhotelorlando.com/dining_and_nightlife/the_kitchen/
- Phone: 4075032430
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am – noon; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Light Fare Daily: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Chin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located just off The Kitchen"s main dining room, The Pantry is a private dining area that can seat up to 70 people. It's the perfect place to host your own "backstage" event - from an office party to a holiday party or just a "party-party" for your favorite fans! The Pantry's privacy makes it ideal for meetings, seminars, intimate wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners! Group menus are available for 20 or more guests and range from $42-$73 per person for three or four courses. Plated or buffet lunch menus range from $24-$65 per person. Children's birthday parties start at $17.50 per child. Menus are subject to a 22% taxable service charge and 6.5% sales tax. Groups can also enjoy an INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF COOKING, rock & roll style! Take part in an interactive and hands-on cooking class with a group of friends or colleagues Classes are held in the main dining room for 20-80 people either over a half or a full day.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Sheehan 4075032431x
- Entertainment: On Wednesday and Saturday evenings from 6:00 – 9:00pm, treat the kids to a dining experience they"ll never forget. Enjoy a meal with some of your favorite Universal Orlando Resort theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table. Kids can hang out in the Kids' Crib – the walls are adorned with lunch boxes, colorful drumsticks; and a big screen TV to watch all of their favorite cartoons and hang out while mom and dad enjoy their dinner. Kids can also enjoy the Kids Buffet on select nights and the Magic Men on Friday nights.
- Special Events: For the adults, The Kitchen features cocktail and wine specials Monday – Thursday evenings from 5pm – close including the Wonderful World of Wine on Monday, Martini Night on Tuesday and Thursday, and Wine Down Wednesdays; plus Sunday Bloody Sunday all day happy hour.
A word from The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
When guests at the Hard Rock Hotel feel the urge to "raid the "fridge," they head to The Kitchen for a variety of tantalizing cuisine with a rock 'n' roll attitude. Executive Chef Douglas Chin serves up New American cuisine along with your favorite comfort foods. Signature dishes include The Kitchen Burger, Mac & Cheese, Ahi Tuna, New York Strip and a delicious array of Flatbreads. The Kitchen features a daily breakfast buffet and if you've been partying all night, upgrade to the Rock Star breakfast with unlimited Bloody Marys and Champagne Mimosas! Serving over 100 different wines and 50 wines by the glass plus a wide variety of signature cocktails with fresh ingredients, you'll have trouble selecting just one to enjoy. Lil' rockers have their own special place to hang out plus enjoy special entertainment on select nights. Its walls are adorned with culinary-themed memorabilia from the Hard Rock Hotel's many celebrity guests, making The Kitchen the perfect place to "chill".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (31)great for brunch (18)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Never going there againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2011We ate at the restaurant at 8pm on a Thursday. It was quiet. Food took ages and then appetisers and main courses came randomly and in some cases together. My husband had far too much calamari (flavoured with excessive salt) and was still eating this when his main course arrived, my salad arrived minutes before my main course but we waited an age for my son's 'rib meal'. Wished we hadn't tipped, there was obviously a serious problem with kitchen organisation
- This was something differentDelrayDivaVIPDined on 10/20/2011This was something different - all of the dishes on the menu seemed to be comfort food - but with a modern twist! We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Disappointment at The KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2011I picked The Kitchen for our dinner to celebrate a birthday in the family. The hostess seemed disinterested. The server was not at all engaged. Plus, there were issues: #1 We ate early but they were out of an entree. Not mentioned when we sat down #2 Pot roast was fatty #3 Wrong drink brought to the table #4 Never brought the appetizer, so we canceled that The food was okay, the vibe was not cool, the service was marginal at best. Bummer
- Definitely Going Back!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2011We chose to eat at the Hard Rock Kitchen because on certain nights they have character greetings from Universal Studios. We were surprised how it was not that busy, but the hotel did seem to have quite a bit of teenagers in for the Halloween party and they're not super excited about seeing Shrek and Scooby Doo!! The food was DELICIOUS!!! Our steak quesadillas, shrimp tacos, burger, and chicken pot pie were all super yummy. My kids loved playing in the play area and we enjoyed the peace! :) The characters were AWESOME and my kids loved, loved, loved it! We had 4 adults, 2 kids, and several of us had bar drinks and our bill was $150. We were all pleased, our tummies full, and have great memories. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food was good but was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2011Food was good but was a little overpriced for what you gotSpecial Features:
- Four of us dined and sharedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011Four of us dined and shared tastes. All meals excellent and service exemplary. Waiter asked if we were celebrating anything special and it was my retirement after 40 years of working for the Navy. Waiter sent a magician to our table to entertain us until food was served. After the wonderful meal, the waiter arrived with a complimentary desert of cream brulee and fruit on a plate with good luck messages in chocolate. We had all been to the Kitchen 3 years ago while on vacation, and didn't think it was possible to improve on that previous meal. They did!!Special Features:
- Our server was terrific andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2011Our server was terrific and the food was very good. Had a great dining experience. Will be back!Special Features:
- We went for the CharacterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2011We went for the Character dining would have been nice if there was more than 2 characters that should up.
- When for Magical Dinning andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2011When for Magical Dinning and it was definitely worth it. Was full after appetizers. Our server Mike from New York was great. Its was nice to see the characters (Bart and Homer) from Universal too.Special Features:
- The Kitchen didn't really rock itkatsantiagoDined on 9/16/2011I guess we were surprised with how dead it was. I expected it to be more crowded and a little hipper. I am fine with paying a price for fine food but this had a really high 'hard rock cafe' tax on it that pushed the price higher than I felt the food merited. The food was ok. We had calimari which had a bit of fish smell to them which you don't want to notice. The Kitchen burger was really tasty and way too gigantic - but at $18 - I guess you want it huge. The cedar plank salmon was good - kind of average. The banana bread pudding was good with it's bruleed bananas and yummy rum sauce.
- Great food!GwenVIPDined on 9/15/2011This restaurant is on the pool level of the Hard Rock hotel. The food was excellent and the menu has a variety to suit most anyone. Our party consisted of 4 adults and my two grandkids - ages 14 and 8. My granddaughter especially loved her homemade macaroni and cheese off of the kids menu. My only complaint is they charged for tap water - .43 cents each. Nickel and diming in my opinion but overall, it was a great meal. Parking was self - at $21. Valet is optional of course, at $30.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atfeedmeDined on 9/9/2011We had a wonderful time at the Kitchen with our server Rocky (from Philadelphia, PA of course). We live in Metro West and took advantage of Magical Dining Month. The choices for each course were ones we would have picked and the portions very generous...lots of leftovers to bring home. Originally, my husband and I were going to make this a date night. The kids ended up coming along but spent the entire time in the Kid's Crib having a blast. I recommend the Kitchen for young families b/c you can request a table by the Kids' Crib. We plan on returning to the Kitchen so we can try the Hard Rock Hamburger.Special Features:
- Excellent meal. Love thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Excellent meal. Love that kids are fed immediately, so parents can relax and enjoy their meal.Special Features:
- Magical Dining Month-First StopPkerxVIPDined on 9/3/2011The waitstaff was attentive and energetic. The food was "gourmet pub food"-burgers, pizzas, pasta with a few more ambitous things thrown in. We went to kick off Orlando's Magical Dining Month. For $30 the 3 course offering was generous, requiring to-go boxes for all. All diners were older than 12 , so the roaming Homer Simpson and Bart Simpson were a little off-putting, but it is a resort hotel restaurant after all. The sangria was one of the better I've tasted lately. Definitely worth the visit, although the regular menu pricing puts it in a "special occassion" category, where the ambiance does not. Best to leave this one to the vacationers or business folk with an expense account outside of September.Special Features:
- the food was ok, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011the food was ok, not great. the server was very nice but the wait for our food was ridiculously long!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Quality and creativity of the food really surprised me. I was expecting a more commercial approach but I was way wrong. My pork porterhouse was perfect and flavorful. My wife's salmon was beautiful as well. Great flavors and combinations! Happy to drink some good wine (J Brut Rose) too!
- The open kitchen, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2011The open kitchen, friendly staff, and suprisingly good food made the experience an unexpected pleasure. The portions were huge.Special Features:
- We had a high energy 3 yearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011We had a high energy 3 year old with us and she travel back and forth from our table to the kids area all evening, the wait staff was perfecting accommodating with this and it made the evening all the more satisfying for us.Special Features:
- Overpriced with hotel brunchshannonkanVIPDined on 7/24/2011Overpriced with hotel brunch types of food ~ nothing special and not worth the money ~ wish we would have opted to go to Dennys.
- Very good breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011Very good breakfast buffet - good assortment from made-to-order omelets to cereal. Buffet was kept fresh and hot - and the service was excellent, our waiter extremely kind and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Breakfast buffet was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2011Breakfast buffet was very good. Eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, french toast, cereal, muffins/biscuits, fruit - you name it, they offer it. All fresh & hot. Highly recommend the made-to-order omelets. Service was excellent - never an empty glass.Special Features:
- EEEEEh, so soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2011I have eaten brunch and dinner here before. The brunch was better before. The food this time was cold and uninspired. The pancakes were hard as a rock. The breakfast pizza looked as though it was sitting there since the previous weekend. We had a better breakfast buffet at the restaurant in the Wyndham Orlando Resort for $5 less per person with hot food and eggs cooked to order (not just omelettes).
- We've been here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2011We've been here a few times and it's always the same - good food, decent variety, good service, a bit overpriced. Still a nice place for a casual dinner out.Special Features:
- Fantastic MenuGood2knowDined on 6/27/2011We decided to try the Kitchen on our last night at the Hard Rock.. We loved our experience and wished that we had tried it the first night so we could have come back! The service was fantastic, and we took our server Mike's recommendation on a couple of items and were very pleased. My son loved the kids buffet (sliders, mac and cheese, big strawberries). It was the perfect dinner for our last night.Special Features:
- Great sea food! Servers areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2011Great sea food! Servers are great! The universal characters wandering adds a little fun to the meal!Special Features:
- Great experience. We are glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2011Great experience. We are gluten free and they did an excellent job with selections for us.Special Features:
- The Kitchen is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2011The Kitchen is our favorite for both lunch and dinner. The food is prepared and presented in a very professional style. The service is friendly, courteous, and are definitely professionals in their field. We have never felt rushed. Every meal has been a relaxing experience for us. Thank you and we will see you all again in the future.Special Features:
- Great vibe in a classy lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/29/2011Great vibe in a classy looking joint with beautifully presented classic comfort foods. Fresh salads, great flatbreads and huge servings of classics like macs n cheese offer something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great experience for mothersngarvDined on 5/8/2011Great experience for mothers day brunch!! Loved everything about it!!!Special Features: