The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hardrockhotelorlando.com/dining_and_nightlife/the_kitchen/
- Phone: 4075032430
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am – noon; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Light Fare Daily: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Chin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located just off The Kitchen"s main dining room, The Pantry is a private dining area that can seat up to 70 people. It's the perfect place to host your own "backstage" event - from an office party to a holiday party or just a "party-party" for your favorite fans! The Pantry's privacy makes it ideal for meetings, seminars, intimate wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners! Group menus are available for 20 or more guests and range from $42-$73 per person for three or four courses. Plated or buffet lunch menus range from $24-$65 per person. Children's birthday parties start at $17.50 per child. Menus are subject to a 22% taxable service charge and 6.5% sales tax. Groups can also enjoy an INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF COOKING, rock & roll style! Take part in an interactive and hands-on cooking class with a group of friends or colleagues Classes are held in the main dining room for 20-80 people either over a half or a full day.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Sheehan 4075032431x
- Entertainment: On Wednesday and Saturday evenings from 6:00 – 9:00pm, treat the kids to a dining experience they"ll never forget. Enjoy a meal with some of your favorite Universal Orlando Resort theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table. Kids can hang out in the Kids' Crib – the walls are adorned with lunch boxes, colorful drumsticks; and a big screen TV to watch all of their favorite cartoons and hang out while mom and dad enjoy their dinner. Kids can also enjoy the Kids Buffet on select nights and the Magic Men on Friday nights.
- Special Events: For the adults, The Kitchen features cocktail and wine specials Monday – Thursday evenings from 5pm – close including the Wonderful World of Wine on Monday, Martini Night on Tuesday and Thursday, and Wine Down Wednesdays; plus Sunday Bloody Sunday all day happy hour.
A word from The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel
When guests at the Hard Rock Hotel feel the urge to "raid the "fridge," they head to The Kitchen for a variety of tantalizing cuisine with a rock 'n' roll attitude. Executive Chef Douglas Chin serves up New American cuisine along with your favorite comfort foods. Signature dishes include The Kitchen Burger, Mac & Cheese, Ahi Tuna, New York Strip and a delicious array of Flatbreads. The Kitchen features a daily breakfast buffet and if you've been partying all night, upgrade to the Rock Star breakfast with unlimited Bloody Marys and Champagne Mimosas! Serving over 100 different wines and 50 wines by the glass plus a wide variety of signature cocktails with fresh ingredients, you'll have trouble selecting just one to enjoy. Lil' rockers have their own special place to hang out plus enjoy special entertainment on select nights. Its walls are adorned with culinary-themed memorabilia from the Hard Rock Hotel's many celebrity guests, making The Kitchen the perfect place to "chill".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (32)great for brunch (18)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Expected moreatlmom2816Dined on 11/28/2013We ate here on Thanksgiving Day and had higher expectations. The food was just ok, the service was so-so, and the noise level was quite loud. We did like their kids corner where they had toys, movies and face painting. With as much as they charge for their buffet, we had expected it be a little stuffy. We were pleased to find that it was actually quite kid-friendly. The quality of the food didn't make it worth the price, though. Maybe it's different when they're not serving buffet food, but we likely won't return.Special Features:
- The Thanksgiving Day buffetHollywood1Dined on 11/28/2013The Thanksgiving Day buffet spread was exceptional. The table service from the team of servers assigned to the area my table was in, lacked attentiveness. This point detracted from the my overall dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner 11/22/13LisaDined on 11/22/2013The food was delicious....prepared per request, plated beautifully, and served promptly. Our only complaint that it was after 9pm, not very busy, however, a group of approximately 8 unsupervised children were seated next to us. They were yelling and running amuck. When we questioned the situation, we were told that a family member had dropped them and a charge card off so that they could have dinner. It's nice to know they have a babysitting service in this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Start to a VacationLBIWebGuyDined on 11/17/2013Ate here the first night at the hotel. It was everything I expected and more. The Chicken Rolls were absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character-less dinnergolfersDined on 11/16/2013Overall a nice dinner. Service was good but slow. Went for a chacter dinner only to have 2 the whole night. Should have many more. 2 characters, maybe we should have stayed at our hotel and gone to tchoup tchoup.Special Features:
- You RockwebuiltthiscityDined on 11/16/2013Food was amazing-steak came out perfect! Waiter was excellent-made recommedations, asked how everything was, attentive with drinks LOVED the Kid's Crib area-my husband could enjoy our dinner without hearing "I"m bored"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids but thats it.FloridaResidentDined on 11/9/2013Let me start off saying we dont' have kids, but we know they are all on vacation so we try to eat later as most kids don't eat at 8:30/8:45 at night. We arrived with a reservation, had to wait about 10 min after arriving - We are locals we spend the "slow" weekends at the park when we can as stayvactions. We finally got sat, 15min later a waiter came and finally got out drink order just as we were about to walk about - and this was NOT our server. Our server was dealing with a table of 24 kids, another 12 top and 2 other 6 tops and then our 2 top - THIS is the fault of the hostess front of house manager! 2 hours for dinner and dealt with kids literally running by your table hitting you. If you don't have kids - go the Palms upstairs.Special Features:
- Everything your Kitchen has...MickeymottoDined on 11/2/2013...even the cook! Great food and better brunch. Brunch was great with all the standard fare. Made to order eggs and service was spot on! You can also order off the menu instead of breakfast buffet for those wanting custom or special orders.Special Features:
- Very Nice!!!PixieVIPDined on 10/28/2013We had a nice time, good food, and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; good choice!DebSDined on 10/22/2013A great start to the day is guaranteed after a lively breakfast at The Kitchen. A wide choice of food and great service from table staff. Would definitely head here again next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast BuffetRunupthescoreDined on 10/21/2013Loved the variety for kids & adults alike.Healthy choice or pig out its up to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First night of VacationBunchDined on 10/14/2013The dinner we had was perfect for two travelers. The restaurant was low key which was what we needed. The food choices were good. I would like to try their lunch or breakfast menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on vacationFallBreakinDisneyDined on 10/12/2013We ate at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock hotel. The complimentary bread (corn bread and pretzel bread) were quite tasty. I had the chicken pot pie which was good. The hotel was able to accommodate my husband's no gluten or dairy needs easily. It was a nice change from the large chains in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- Holiday at HRHWillieDined on 10/12/2013Good food but felt almost rushed by the waitress. Advertised as having a 'kids crib' I don't think three toddlers toys and a tv qualifies. Only one character appeared on what was meant to be character dining. Again not good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyJonathanDined on 10/11/2013Good service (Randy). Nice table set up for our anniversary. great beers on tap. fine food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality compensated by serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013The food is mostly not cooked there and just heated. You can not tell though unless you get the asian chicken salad. The sauce was great though so I didnt bother complaining and the service was spectacular! Shout out to the waitress Hillary!Special Features:
- Great placeKrisDined on 9/16/2013The kitchen at the hard rock hotel was great!!!! Great food and service. Much better than the actual Hard Rock Cafe Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceJoshDined on 9/14/2013We ate here with a group of 9 before a concert at Hard Rock Live. While the group was large we were there early so it wasn't crowded. I had to ask for water repeatedly, utensils etc. The food runner did not know who ordered what requiring us to yell out to the entire group, "who ordered the house salad" etc The final straw was the bill. I asked for it as entrees were delivered so that we could be done with paying and make the event on time. This through the manager for a loop. Just paying took a full half hour. It was beyond frustrating and as a result I won't be back and will urge others to avoid
- Second time not the charmSr5242Dined on 9/14/2013Went here in dec 2011 and food and service were great. Went here two days ago and had opposite experience. Food was poor and service poor. Overcooked pot roast. Server told me chicken wings were mild and sweet, they were bitter and spicy, couldn't eat them. Sent food back, was not offered replacement. Server absent. Had to go to hostess desk anytime we needed refills or assistance.
- Good Food and Good EntertainmentBigODined on 9/13/2013We are a family of 4 and went to "The Kitchen" for dinner. The service and food were great and they even had a couple of magicians entertaining the place. Good Times...Special Features:
- Pre Show MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2013When headed to Universal for an evening show at the Hard Rock or Blue Man, this is a great spot to grab dinner!
- Great foodEatsoutalotDined on 9/7/2013We sat in the front of the kitchen and watched all the dishes as they were created.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The KitchenLive2eat61Dined on 9/5/2013This was a great dining experience! Gator was excellent as well as wings. Chop was great. Grouper was large filet and well prepared. Mousse cake...unbelievable!! Cheesecake sandwich also a fave! Our server Rodger was absolutely wonderful!!! Highly recommend and will come back to try breakfast buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your appetite.ChristeaDined on 9/2/2013My 10 year old son is something of a Mac and Cheese connoisseur and absolutely loved it. The portions are big so plan on leftovers for lunch the next day. The pictures on the website do not do the place justice. It's a pretty cool looking dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013Food was mediocre at best. My "medium rare" filet was overcooked and dry... potatoes salty and inedible. Noise level made conversation difficult. Given the price point and the Capital Grill reputation, this experience was not at all what we expected. A far cry from the other CG location just minutes away on I-Drive. Been to that one many times and its everything you expect from an upscale steak house. Unfortunately, the one at Millenia Mall is not. Can 't recommend it for a great meal, or a business dinner, or a special occasion. Actually, given how many great foodie choices we have here, cant think of any reason why I 'd go to this Capital Grille again.Special Features:
- Great restaurant at The Hard RocksobefoodiesVIPDined on 8/30/2013We regularly stay at the Hard Rock Orlando and this restaurant The Kitchen does not disappoint. The atmosphere is energetic. The menu offers something for everyone and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Hard Rock CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2013This is the restaurant in the Hard Rock Hotel. We ate lunch and dinner here during our stay. The food was better than what I experienced at the Hard Rock Cafe. Great burger, fish tacos and salads. Great decor in theme with the Hard Rock Hotel. Scooby Doo came to visit one night. Kid friendly, but not kid only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, althoughHungryDined on 8/12/2013Service was good, although staff maybe a little over stretched. Food was lovely. Extremely uncomfortable though due to the restaurant being so cold. This made our food very cold very quickly. We have dined here before and loved it, but if it now is always this cold we will not be returning. We do not expect to have to eat really quickly to eat in order to have hot food!Special Features:
- The staff was very friendly.gibby127Dined on 8/11/2013The staff was very friendly. Great to sit and relax after a long day at the parks. Food was tasty. Ambience was great. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelectionsChanceDined on 8/9/2013More menu selections would be nice. Prices could also be a little lower.
- Awesome!AwesomeDined on 7/6/2013We brought our four kids on a short trip to Orlando and we all just loved this restaurant. Great menu including something for everyone. The server Justin was engaging, knowledgeable and attentive. The mac n cheese was the bomb! We went for the Universal characters for our boys and they loved meeting Homer and Bart. Very nice atmosphere, open, clean and inviting. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2013We dined at The Kitchen for my wife's 40th birthday since she loves the Hard Rock Hotel and we live in Orlando. We'd been there before and every single time we had a great meal and service. Both of us love music so the decor with all of the music paraphernalia and background music just added to our experience. It wasn't too loud but just right. And the open kitchen is a nice touch especially for those who like to cook and like to see what goes on when meals are being prepared. Characters come in and out regularly saying 'Hi' to patrons. My 4 year old son was a bit scared of Homer and Bart and the escort that was with the character took notice to make certain the character didn't walk near him. We were thankful for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2013The breakfast here was very good and worth the money, especially for kids. The dinner was not. My very easy to please husband did not eat more than a bite of his food...mine was adequate. The staff is friendly and pleasant.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!foodallergyfamilyDined on 6/8/2013My family ate at the Hard Rock The Kitchen tonight and received outstanding service. My son has five severe food allergies and Justin and the manager Chris Sheehan were wonderful to us. They both worked with us to make sure our son was safe and gave us numerous food choices for him. Chris even made sure our son was able to have dessert. He had an awesome vegan chocolate cake for the very first time! We tried it too and it was excellent! This experience was one of the highlights of our vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the relaxed feelingasabol51Dined on 6/7/2013I loved the relaxed feeling and the quietness of the dining room. Our burgers were great and cooked exactly right. The flatbread pizza had a lot of flavor and enough to share. The desserts were amazing. My only issue was once our food was brought to our table, no one came to see if we needed anything else and we were never asked if we needed refills on our drinks. We didn't see our waiter until he wanted to know if we wanted dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2013The food was ok - not amazing but good casual hotel food. The portions are very big. My son loved the character visit - a great tourist eventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013We had a great time! Food was good, ambience was nice and staff really good. We would definitely dine again in this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Champagne BrunchFoodieAndSidekickDined on 5/16/2013I took a friend here for her birthday and enjoyed an outstanding champagne brunch with her and my 3-year old daughter. Would highly recommend the food, atmosphere and service. I didn't realize it until later, but there is a play area in the restaurant for kids and you can eat right next to it so you can monitor your kids. The charm of the hotel and the placement of this restaurant right next to the pool allow for great views and conversation topics. I will definitely try to go back on my next trip to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchjcooperorlandoDined on 5/12/2013Great Mother's Day brunch. Food was superb and the atmosphere was great. There is (as we speak) a discrepancy on our charge. We are working through the issue of being charged almost 60$ more on our account than the receipt. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious andLucyDined on 5/12/2013Everything was delicious and served very nicely. We were very pleased with the carving station and the omelets were the best we've had in a long, long time. Cooked perfectly and terrific flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.