Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineatmamadellas.com/
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nighly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Leon Teow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: What is more romantic than musical accompaniment to a delectable Italian meal? Every night, strolling musicians delight diners at Mama Della's Ristorante. Listen as they play Italian favorites like "That's Amore", "Arrivederci Roma", "Mama" or "Angelina". Or, request your very own table side serenade. Before or after dinner at Mama Della's, guests can also enjoy the MUSICA DELLA NOTTE show each night at sunset (weather permitting) in the Harbor Piazza; it's a musical celebration capturing the romance and charm of Italy.
A word from Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
When you dine at Mama Della's, it's like being invited into her warm, welcoming home. Every room transports you to the Italian countryside, where you can enjoy rustic, Old World specialties like Insalata Caprese, Pollo Marsala, Lasagna and Frutti di Mare, accompanied by the finest wines and strolling musicians. While you feast on authentic dishes from the Tuscany, Naples and Piemonte regions, Mama herself might be there to urge you to "Mange! Mange!" Delicious Italian food served in a romantic, genuine atmosphere, makes dining at Mama Della's an experience you'll never forget. You'll find Mama Della's in the Harbor Piazza at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. With its cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafes and even the occasional Vespa dotting the harborside, this Piazza will make you feel like you've been carried away to Portofino, Italy. It's a fantastico setting for a most magnificent Italian meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mama Della's Ristorante at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (44)kid-friendly (31)good for groups (31)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (19)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- GreatLoriDined on 12/11/2013We really enjoyed our meal service was great. Everyone worked together to make experience a positive one. First time dining here will dine here again . The atmosphere had a lot of charm and again the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining while at Universal, FLVacationerDined on 12/5/2013While visiting Universal Orlando, my family and I wanted a nice dinner out and heard positive things about Mama Della's. A very enjoyable experience. The food, while traditional Italian, excellent in quality and preparation - from pasta, seafood to gelato. The environment was evocative of a neighborhood Italian ristorante in Little Italy. There were even talented strolling musicians complementing the atmosphere. The service was professional, attentive and anticipatory. Moreover, they we happy to accommodate my 9-year-old niece's picky palate. The wine list, while not extensive in varietals, was quite adequate. Also, the bar offered Campari in addition to Italian liqueurs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great music, great service,love2mamaDined on 11/27/2013great music, great service, our server Erik made our day in my wife's 50 years birthday. mama came with a nice dessert an a candle and the musicians play for us. wonderful experience and def. we'll comeback. thank you ErikSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal Everdeb57Dined on 11/16/2013Dined here for my birthday. I would recommend the Brushetta as an appetizer and for dinner Rob had the veal Marsala and I chose the chicken Parmagina both were well prepared and probably the best we have had. We also shared a bottle of Moscato. The entire staff from Mama to the the waiter made us feel special. The waiter chose a special desert for my birthday which was a small chocolate lava cake with cherry sauce and pistachio ice cream - so delicious. They also had strolling musician and singers who came and sang happy birthday and then sang a song in Italian. I can not wait to go back just to enjoy a great meal. If you love Italian food I would highly recommend this restaurant you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Our overall experience at Mama Della's was great!! Great food and great service!! Even got to meet Mama herself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013The food was way over priced compared to the quality. $30 spaghetti and $8 beers. Go to Macaroni Grill for half the cost and better food. Rip off.
- An amazing evening!mkatVIPDined on 11/13/2013We were greeted at the door by Mama Della herself. Our server Big Joe went above and beyond to accomodate our vegan diet. The live opera music was fantastic! Overall we will be returning here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama and opera singers are the bestOperaLoverDined on 11/13/2013Celebrating my 60th Birthday with 10 friends at Mama Della's Restaurant...everyone enjoyed the food and the entertainment of the opera singers. The opera singers came to our table group twice. First time they sang one song. Second time they sang two songs...one birthday song. While they were singing one song the owner Mama came with my raspberry cheesecake sweet 16. The evening turned out amazing and no other place to celebrate my 60th Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night!!YiyeMonaDined on 11/7/2013I chose this restaurant looking for something special for my husband birthday ...and it was not a mistake at all. Food was exquisite ... Music ... Singers. Fabulous ... And excellent service.. A place to come again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeDined on 11/3/2013Food is always great and the roving singers are wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambianceKishDined on 11/2/2013The food was great and the live table side music made it funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat for the sensesLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/30/2013This restaurant is a treat for the senses with the beautiful setting, fabulous strolling tenors and tasty food. It was just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Good food and fun!famdining05Dined on 10/13/2013I ate here with my mother and two sons (7 and 9) during our recent vacation to Universal. This was the boys' favorite restaurant and the adults enjoyed it too. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful - and the menu had great kid options. We really enjoyed the ambiance and the live entertainment. This made for a great memory from our trip.Special Features:
- OutstandingAleyDined on 10/12/2013My husband and I completely enjoyed the food and atmosphere! We will absolutely be returning! Although the special of the night sounded wonderful, I chose to ask for chicken Marsala that wasn't on the menu. Thankfully the chef prepared the dish for me and it was the best food I have ever had! The polenta was just to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very nice peopleAmblerJVIPDined on 10/11/2013For a resort restaurant in Orlando, we would go back to Mama Della's. The atmosphere was built as an Italian family's home, the food is based off of the same theme, and the service was very friendly and overall very solid! The Caesar salad was decent, the bread was warm, wine list also solid, and the entree's (we tried two) were good. The walking guitar player and two singers were a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance and ClassASPSADined on 10/11/2013A family member recommended Mama Della's Ristorante based upon past experience, and I am happy to state that my family's recent dining experience was just as exceptional . This establishment offers the total package for a great dining experience: exquisite cuisine, fine wine, outstanding service, an elegant and tasteful ambiance, and talented strolling musicians. It had been quite some time since I felt such a superb level of comfort in a restaurant. These words inadequately reflect my family's experience. To truly appreciate dining at Mama Della's Ristorante, I urge you to make a reservation and experience it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCsoave1Dined on 10/10/2013Mama Della's is hidden in Portifino Bay Hotel and Resort at Universal Studios in Orlando. It's a lovely, warm, homey kind of trattoria where the food is always very good. The service is wonderful. Lastly, the atmosphere is happy and fun. Whether it is a guitar serenade or an accordion sing along, you will be glad you came!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic!BeckymDined on 10/4/2013Incredible experience! The music and the food were exceptional. You will fall in love with your honey all over again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good. They walk aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2013It was good. They walk around and sing and play romantic songs in different languagesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice time being serenadedJenaDined on 10/3/2013We had a nice time being serenaded by the wandering minstrels singing favorite italien songs, the waiters were attentive..the fritti de mare dish was not as good as we'd expect near the sea.. The homemade ravioli was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerCarolDined on 10/2/2013We decided to try this restaurant while visiting Universal and had made a reservation the month before. We were so pleased. Service and Food was exceptional. Loved the Accordian player and singers that came to the table. Service was leisurely and paced perfectly. It was a wonderful, memorable dinner during our vacation. We will return another year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013Throw in the strolling contemporary opera and you have a great experience. A bit pricey for Italian, but worth it. Our waiter and total service staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- great eats!riley22Dined on 9/27/2013Here on vacation with my husband, wanted to try after other good reviews. Food was excellent! Besr chicken parmigana i've had outside NY. Portions vety large. Molton chocolate lava cake excellent. Nice accordian player that came round to tables. Very friendly staff. Host remembered my name on the way out and asked how the meal was. A little pricey, but we had 3 glasses of wine and 2the cordials with dessert. Highly reccommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat disappointment.oneputtDined on 9/26/2013This was our third time at this restaurant. The first two times were okay but small problems with the order left a bad memory. This last visit however was very poor. Mistakes were not corrected, understaffed dining room and poor service guarantees we will not be back.
- Awesome experienceAHorsePubsDined on 9/21/2013If you want to be transported back to Portofino, Italy and enjoy amazing Italian food, Mama Della's is the place to go for a special event, romantic date night, or dinner with family or friends. We loved our waiter, meeting Mama, and having a special song performed at our table. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAMMA'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2013One of our favorites. Great food, service the roaming singer(whose name I can't remember) sings at an operatic level , very talented, while warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awsome and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2013The food was awsome and the portions were tremendous! Enjoyed the stolling singer & guitar player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true fine dining experienceWMPRDined on 9/15/2013Excellent food , excellent service. We were treated as if we were the only customers in the restaurant. A nice little touch were the homemade creme soda drinks.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013The meatballs were the best I've ever had. My kid's fettuccine Alfredo was outstanding. We went back a couple of nights later because everything is so good. The singers are a lot of fun as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too touristy for meDolfankat66VIPDined on 9/11/2013I went on a date to this restaurant... Although the service was great and the food was good, there are better options.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2013So, my wife and I went for the September Magical Dining and we thought the food was OK. It seems that all restaurants in the Disney / Universal areas are overpriced and medicore at best. I try to give that area the benefit of the doubt, but almost everytime, I have been disappointed.Special Features:
- Fun Atmosphereluv2eatVIPDined on 9/7/2013We chose this because we were staying at the Lowe's Royal Pacific and could get there by shuttle bus. The restaurant had good reviews. There were musicians walking around playing and singing opera, so it was an upbeat experience. The veal dish was tender, but nothing outstanding for $35. Hubby had the lasagna and said it was good, but not great (he's Italian). I was really in the mood for some great pasta, but didn't see anything on the rather limited menu that sounded appealing, so I got the veal. I don't often eat pasta, so was really hoping for a good, authentic pasta dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening with FriendsGayleDined on 9/6/2013This was our first visit to this restaurant, and it's a winner. We ordered from the Magical Dining month menu, available only during September. The choices were varied and very good. The singers, a lady and gentleman, had extraordinary voices. They took requests and made the evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2013This place has amazing food.... it was truly a culinary experience! Absolutely loved it!Special Features:
- expensive olive gardendhamrickDined on 8/28/2013Resort captive Italian...pretty good just expensive for what it is.
- Awesome place!joegDined on 8/25/2013The food and the atmosphere was excellent. Service was great.Special Features:
- Nice Italian placenina8871Dined on 8/16/2013We came here on a Friday evening for my husband's birthday. The ambiance is very homey & sort of loud (which I didn't mind). The wine list is VERY overpriced. Another negative was that the menu at the restaurant was not the same as the one on line. We started with the antipasto, which is great for sharing. However, the main entree portions are very big so you may want to skip the appetizers. I ordered the chicken carbonara. Not typically one of my favorites, but it was absolutely delicious!! My husband had the seafood pasta dish, which was also very good! The opera singers were wonderful & sang my husband Happy Birthday! It was a very nice experience, & I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for "just ok"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013My husband liked this better than I did. The wine list was ok; the service was pleasant but not spectacular; the food was "ah"; the menu was small (no simple pasta and red sauce on the menu?!) and had a seafood slant - so if you are looking for a good pasta dish, it had better be one that comes with seafood or in a white sauce because that's really all there is. I'm not a seafood person so there wasn't an appetizer on the menu for m and I ended up ordering a chicken carbonara where the cheese was extremely overpowering and I didn't eat any of the pasta it was served with. Husband's lasagna was just ok as there was too much sausage - and it overpowered the other flavors. It was an expensive meal to have not eaten and enjoyed.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2013Family of four really enjoyed our meal at Mama's. food was excellent, kids lasagna was terrific and my filet was cooked perfectly with a nice peppercorn crust. Homemade gnocchi was awesome. Server was very friendly but very busy so we didn't get as much attention as we probably would have normally, however it was a great dining experience regardless.Special Features:
- Mama Della's WOWFunatuniversalDined on 8/8/2013Great meal, accordion with opera singer roaming restaurant, great waiter(Stanley Tucci),Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.