Straight Wharf Restaurant
6 Harbor Square
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Straight Wharf Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.straightwharfrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5082284499
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Bar open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Frasca & Amanda Lydon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an open-air back deck overlooking Nantucket's harbor, seating up to 50, and are open to reserving the entire restaurant for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson McConnell 5082284499
A word from Straight Wharf Restaurant
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant celebrates thirty-nine seasons of the beauty and simple luxury of life on Nantucket. Celebrating that heritage, we seek to serve food that speaks of this place and this culture, food you'd like to eat at the beach, re-interpreting summer classics and employing the larder of the land. Our wine list draws from the elegant chardonnay and pinot noir of Burgundy, the spicy syrah of the Rhone, the power of Piedmont's nebbiolo and Tuscany's sangiovese, Spain's mix of the rustic and the new, the old world whites of Germany, Austria, the Alsace and the Loire and the most food-friendly wines of America. We look forward to sharing with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Straight Wharf Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)fit for foodies (82)romantic (81)special occasion (80)great for outdoor dining (69)notable wine list (51)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Excellent food even if weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2013Excellent food even if we had to wait 'till 9:30 to get in. The "clam bake ", Fluke and harpooned swordfish were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on NantucketSeriouslyDisappointedDined on 7/27/2013Fabulous view of the harbor. The "New England Clam Bake" was absolutely delicious! The peach and blueberry galette is just outstanding! It is worth every calorie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great dinner on Nantucket harborOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013Straight Wharf had always been the go-to place for a great meal on Nantucket....and this year is no exception. The food is locally sourced, beautifully cooked and presented by knowledgeable and attentive wait-staff. The location on the wharf is super; its fun to watch the ferries come and go. There's decent parking near-by. It's my pick for Nantucket!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephanie1Stephanie1Dined on 7/24/2013Booked for my mother and her friend, she said the best scallops she has ever had in her life!Special Features:
- Honeymoon FavoritefoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2013What a delicious experience! We sat by the water and soaked in every moment. Our favorite dining indulgence by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss straight wharfShankatyDined on 7/23/2013You will be treated to an amazing experience with food, service and atmosphere.. Strong seafood dishes with great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2013Fantastic meal with great use of local ingredients. Second time I have been this season and both times were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantDidiDined on 7/20/2013We will be back! It was our anniversary, and without any prompting, we were greeted with champagne! The service was excellent and the food was outstanding~what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket SpecialDonODined on 7/17/2013If you are looking for a great place on Nantucket, try the Straight Wharf Restaurant, great food, knowledgeable and friendly wait staff, impressive wine list, (and the head wine lady knows her wine!). Nantucket prices for sure but I feel we received a good value for the cost. Best compliment I can give, next time I find myself on the island, I will be returning to Straight Wharf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experienceSomloriVIPDined on 7/14/2013The restaurant is a quaint space with high ceilings and huge fans but our night this past Sunday felt like walking into an oven, there is no ac like many Nantucket restaurants ,food is amazing but dress for the heat : ) the scallops dish was one of the best we ever ate!Special Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013Have not been here for a few years, but was very pleasantly surprised with an excellent experience. The food was very good, with attention to detail, interesting flavors, use of fresh herbs, and use of local ingredients. Menu was simple, yet appropriate, with diverse choices. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I both had theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2013My wife and I both had the harpooned swordfish which was absolutely wonderful. The best swordfish we've ever had and we are picky. Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and not overbearing. The noise level was a bit high, but otherwise everything was first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantack123Dined on 7/10/2013the food was excellent (especially the desserts.) the wine list was good!Special Features:
- Best of the bestBuds3rollDined on 7/9/2013straight wharf is a serious contender for the best dining experience on Nantucket! Young female chef who has brought originality to fresh ingredients!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceTravel2dineDined on 7/6/2013Hostess and wait staff friendly but wait and service staff were very slow and seemed a bit inattentive. Food was interesting, complex and worth the wait. Fluke and swordfish were wonderful. Wish we had ordered the galette but need to order with dinner due to time. Had the frozen lemon bar which wasn't bad bur tasted like a lemon square. Amazingly good chilled cucumber and lobster soup was perfect start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot on the harborJaredLDined on 7/4/2013Great service and good food. The clam bake was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Turning Weird Over TimedannyVIPDined on 7/2/2013I had totally forgotten from last year's experience, that Chorizo DOES NOT GO WITH MAINE LOBSTER. Period. The menu seamed to have few appealing items to choose from for an American family of 4 that likes normal food and good cooking. Frisee's and odd sauces and far fetched cuts of fish and meat. It's drip drip drip, until one year there will be nothing on the menu that's familiar to somebody that's on in a contest to win the Beard Foundation contest. As usual with any Nantucket restaurant in early July, the poor waitress was clueless and will need a few more weeks to get up to speed. I am sure she's a fine young women and a hard worker. Again, for what one has to pay here for a meal and a bottle of wine, well, there are better options...Special Features:
- Food is good but not spectacular.PedroDined on 6/14/2013Food is good but not spectacular. Wine prices are totally insane and the wine list is tricked so you can't order a bottle of wine for less than $100. The super loud bar scene next door is a bit much if your looking for a quiet dinner. Service was great but we had to wait 40 minutes for our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatmitchelltgDined on 6/9/2013No complaints other than on warm nights, the restaurant can get warm since they usually have the large doors open for the harbor views. Warm or not, dinner is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I went backOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2013I had stayed away for the last few years after a so-so meal. Man, am I upset with that decision. The menu had lots of great choices and both the appetizers and main courses that my wife and I had we're amazing. Very good use of multiple ingredients with layered favors. Yum yum. I will be returning this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful, classic Nantucket spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2013Straight Wharf has always been a favorite. The new menu for 2013 is filled with old favorites and lots of new treats. We love dining on the deck and watching a bit of the night life on the harbor. We will be back many times this summer.Special Features:
- Great food... Unusual treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2012Great food... Unusual treatment of vegatables! Very Expensive wine list led us to a disappointing choice. Amazing pumpkin lobster chowder and the best swordfish Ever!!Special Features:
- A very enjoyable dinnerDavidDined on 10/6/2012Very nice restaurant. We were there on a very busy night, but they got us in reasonably close to the time of the reservation. Service was rather slow, however, but the food was excellent. We sat on a porch with a harbor view, and were treated to a wild rainstorm. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Fairly pricey, but not in any way out of line for Nantucket.Special Features:
- We dined at Straight WharfOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2012We dined at Straight Wharf twice this summer. In June, as in October, the service was slow and it was very difficult to figure out exactly who our waitstaff was! The food was pretty good, but nothing stands out. I will say that Caroline, our sommelier, was outstanding. At one point, confused, we asked her if she was doubling as our waiter. She laughed and gently corrected us as to her title. Caroline was attentive to our wine needs and was spot on in her suggestions. She, not our meal, is what we remember of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Dining at its bestwilltravelforfoodDined on 9/30/2012Great food with wonderful presentations. We have eaten here many times before and had heard that the food was not as good. Not the case at all.Special Features:
- Ambiance was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Ambiance was great, food was delicious. I wish I could go back to try more dishes! Highly recommend the pumpkin chowder and scallop dish.Special Features:
- Visited during RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/25/2012Visited during Restaurant week. Fixed price menu. Food was wonderful, great harbor views and wait staff was quite knowledgeable. Quiet at 6:00pm but noisy at 8:00pm.Special Features:
- A Consistent Nantucket FavoriteLove4foodDined on 9/22/2012Straight Wharf is one of our favorites on Nantucket. We have been going for several years and the food preparation is consistent and excellent. The seafood menu is always excellent and the chicken under a brick is a nice alternative. The covered back deck dining provides a limited view of Nantucket harbor and the high speed ferry dock.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2012Delicious food, great ambience and professional service.Special Features:
- We visited both Nantucketlch8497VIPDined on 9/15/2012We visited both Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, and this was my favorite meal! I had the clam bake and my husband had the chicken under a brick. We both thought our meals were wonderful. Nice bar while we were waiting for our table. The dining room was beautiful.Special Features:
- Straight Wharf Delights!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/9/2012Fantastic experience!!!! A+!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the moment I entered, and was greeted warmly by the staff, to the beautiful candlelight flickering in the restaurant, I felt such a sense of calm. I was excited to try this restaurant and it was FABULOUS!!! Food was insane, just so fresh, delicious & perfectly seasoned. The deconstructed clam bake did not disappoint; nor did that delicious roast chicken. Service attentive, impeccable & I felt a real sense and spirit of a team serving us. Best meal on the island. Cannot believe I never ate here before & so grateful for the OPENTABLE reviews!!! Absolute highlight and we will return next year!!! THANK YOU to the Straight Wharf Team!!!!Special Features:
- We had the most amazing dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2012We had the most amazing dinner. The food, wine and service all were perfect and a great end to our weekend. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- One of our best meals in Nantucket!ValentineVIPDined on 9/8/2012One of our best meals in Nantucket! Ask to sit on the patio in the back overlooking the harbor. it's at the top of our list when we make a return trip to the island.Special Features:
- 2nd time to Straight wharfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/20122nd time to Straight wharf this summer. Both experiences were great! Food is outstanding.Special Features:
- nice location, but food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012nice location, but food was very average. were served appetizers very quickly, and dinner too soon after. With appetizers,dinner, dessert, out in 1:45. too rushedSpecial Features:
- Amazing-have been there manyililiVIPDined on 8/25/2012Amazing-have been there many times and it did not disappoint. Scallops were wonderfully prepared and presented very artfully. Swordfish just melted in your mouth. Excellent service and very well paced.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2012So disappointed! We'd heard great things and were looking forward to a special meal. Ambiance is fabulous. Gorgeous dining room and beautiful patio on the harbor. The food was mediocre at best. A special appetizer of squash blossoms stuffed with lobster and local veggies was mushy and tasteless. The seared octopus appetizer had no taste. Three basil salad was delicious. Of four entrees we had, only the seared scallops were good (delicious,actually). The clam bake, their signature dish, was merely okay (for $46). Swordfish uninspired. Our waiter was absolutely without personality and not helpful. Sooo not worth the expense and definitely not worth using up a precious night of our Nantucket vacation. Many better choices in the island!!Special Features:
- Head Straight to Straight WharfOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience; superb cuisine served by an attentive staff. If you go, ask to be placed in server Jeff's table area. He made our experience even that much more delightful.Special Features:
- I would recommend sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2012I would recommend sitting inside. We were right next to the ice cream shop and it really took away from the ambiance of the experience. Food was amazing. Highly recommend- just don't sit outside to the left.Special Features:
- Everything was great! Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2012Everything was great! Food, service and atmosphere!Special Features: