Straight Wharf Restaurant
6 Harbor Square
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Straight Wharf Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.straightwharfrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5082284499
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Bar open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Frasca & Amanda Lydon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an open-air back deck overlooking Nantucket's harbor, seating up to 50, and are open to reserving the entire restaurant for larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson McConnell 5082284499
A word from Straight Wharf Restaurant
This year, Straight Wharf Restaurant celebrates thirty-nine seasons of the beauty and simple luxury of life on Nantucket. Celebrating that heritage, we seek to serve food that speaks of this place and this culture, food you'd like to eat at the beach, re-interpreting summer classics and employing the larder of the land. Our wine list draws from the elegant chardonnay and pinot noir of Burgundy, the spicy syrah of the Rhone, the power of Piedmont's nebbiolo and Tuscany's sangiovese, Spain's mix of the rustic and the new, the old world whites of Germany, Austria, the Alsace and the Loire and the most food-friendly wines of America. We look forward to sharing with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Straight Wharf Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)fit for foodies (79)romantic (78)special occasion (77)great for outdoor dining (69)notable wine list (51)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014The menu was different, but the food proved to be outstanding. Somewhat pricey, but it is Nantucket on the water, after all. The help was attentive and courteous, service was excellent. Great spot for a special occasion or date.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemkbirdDined on 6/20/2014It doesn't get much better than dinner at the Straight Wharf. Fantastic menu and wine list. Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner.bettymomDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful restaurant in all respects. Not any more expensive than many however better than all! Must have great management because every element of this restaurant is practiced yet fresh, and completely well-done. Beautiful restaurant indoors and out. Delicious, perfect menu with excellent quality food and innovative yet understandable preparation. Warm yet professional first-class staff. The perfection is actually inspirational. You will be very very happy you went here!Special Features:
- Great foodlovesnycresturants485VIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent. Grilled oysters very fresh. Soft shell crab, swordfish and fluke. All fresh fish and tasty vegetables. The restaurant is not set up for gluten free dining and they didn't seem to be happy about or accommodating to dietary restrictions. A bit frustrating for such a pricey place. Entrees are all around $40. Apps are closer to $20. For these prices I expect better service. It's nice to sit outside the look at the water.
- DuchessYummyDined on 6/15/2014Always exceptional and a favorite for many years! Food and wine and service all a treat to look forward to and remember fondly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lets have more lightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We went for dinner and enjoyed our meals (halibut and scallop dishes) but a couple of issues stopped it from being the best experience. It was very dark so the single candle on the table makes it hard not only to read the menu but also to see what you're eating. Romantic yes but a little more light would be great. Service wasn't that attentive and we had to ask for an ice bucket for our white wine. With the high pricing we expected a better all round experience but certainly the food & wine were very good.Special Features:
- Sophisticated water diningSherylDined on 6/12/2014Even though we were late they even saved our table . The food was totally delicious. All the seasonings and flavors of the fine herbs enhanced the scallops and did not overwhelm it. The vegetables were perfectly crisp and flavorful.Our server, Sophie, was well versed in the menu, She was very attentive and friendly. And the backup staff were all very professional and had excellent manners. The happy bar scene was located in a different area of the restaurant and the noise was well contained there. Straight Wharf is a must visit while on Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, pricyKeenObserverDined on 6/12/2014Great food and ambience, but very pricy with moderate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Res4meVIPDined on 6/11/2014Straight Wharf is as charming as it is delicious, and offers an excellent Nantucket harbor view from the enclosed back patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining Experience!LoriDined on 6/7/2014The dining room reflected the true atmosphere on Nantucket including the ferry puttering up to the porch of the restaurant as we sipped sparkling wine. The scallop entree was outstanding -- one of the best I've ever had. Served with it was a delicious cauliflower puree. I will definitely return my next trip back to the island. Highly reco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Straight Wharf dining is specialNicknameVIPDined on 6/4/2014Our first dinner this season at Straight Wharf was during the Restaurant Week. We had our favorite table with great food, great service, everything was special.Special Features:
- SAM22Dined on 6/4/2014I've been meaning to get to Straight Wharf for years and wasn't disappointed...the food was among the best I've had on Nantucket. I really liked being able to book/reschedule my reservation online.Special Features:
- Terrible experienceHokeyVIPDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant is not up to the standards set by top of the line Nantucket restaurants such as the Pearl and Oran Mor, even though the prices are similar. Restaurant week was the prior week, and they had the same menu. The tuna in my appetizer must have been left over from the week before as it was slimy and not fresh. My lobster main dish was good, but at least half of my wife's steak was fat and grissel. Although not in this case, the differentiator for good restaurants is often the quality of service. Unfortunately, even if the food had been good, this restaurant would still be second rate because of the poor to average service.
- disappointedluvgoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I were looking forward to our dinner at Straight Wharf. We were so diappointed with the quality of food. My fluke was tasteless and my husbands sirloin was fatty and chewy.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Straight Wharf Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Everything!ThetreatqueenDined on 5/18/2014Straight Wharf is always a favorite and never disappoints!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!SusieQVIPDined on 5/17/2014Straight Wharf is always a wonderful experience! The food is delicious and the entire dining experience is really pleasant. We sat on the porch facing the harbor. A little too chilly for the porch to be completely opened up but with the plastic dropped and heaters on it was very pleasant. Tables are spaced out a bit do even with two people you don't feel crowded. The food was excellent as always. Mostly seafood but this time we both had chicken under a brick and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Was seated right away androckhallDined on 10/13/2013Was seated right away and the waitress came right over to take a drink order. She was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu and wines offered. Food was superb as well as the service. A bit pricy for every day but perfect for a special occasion or a nice dinner out once in a while. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in NantucketRobAndJeanneVIPDined on 10/8/2013Straight Wharf is such an unassuming place that one would be surprised to find the best dining in Nantucket. On the same visit we ate at Toppers (excellent) and the Brant Point Grill (good) but Straight Wharf topped both in terms of inventive cuisine, beautiful presentation, thoughtful service and reasonable prices. We started out with drinks at the bar and were pleased with the generous pour and the easy banter. The bar menu looked great in its homey, informal feel but we were surprised that the restaurant offered a completely different selection and some amazing dishes, certainly on a caliber of the best restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket GemsammyDined on 9/29/2013There is so much right about the Nantucket restaurant scene. Straight Wharf takes it to the next level. The only down side is they are not open in the winter,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful diningzeker1VIPDined on 9/28/2013We had a wonderful dining experience at Straight Wharf. Food was quite tasty and nicely presented. Imaginative pairing of veggies with both fish and fowl. Kitchen certainly knows how to prepare their cuisine. As with all things on Nantucket--quite expensive, but quality is there.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!EllenDined on 9/25/2013delicious food, highly recommended. Just wish the appetizer salad wasn't so monstrous! hated sending so much back.Special Features:
- one of the better places on ACKOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2013We loved this place! Our reservation was at 8:15 and we were promptly sat. We had an outdoor table which was so romantic. The food was fantastic. For appetizers we had the harvest salad which was delicious and the ricotta cavatelli which was equally as good. My husband and I both had the scallops which were perfectly seared. Everything about that night was magical. What a great place to celebrate a special occasion or just to have a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal at StarightpidgeDined on 9/17/2013We had a great meal at Staright wharf a few days ago!!!Special Features:
- Nice Service, delicious foodSGK10023VIPDined on 8/29/2013Our server was very helpful and just right the blend of encouraging without being pushy. The pate to start was perfect. My salad was so fresh and huge. My husband's oysters were beautiful and good and his pasta quite yummy. We were quite stuffed from a late lunch when we arrived, but everything was so good we suddenly found room! We were in the outdoor area with the view of the harbor and it was perfectly Nantucket charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best on NantucketGabrielleDined on 8/28/2013Absolutely stunning meal every time I have Bren. You get what you pay for at straight wharf. Service is very good, servers are attentive and knowledgeable - though quite snobby, but that is the norm in the island. Food is the star here - amazing meal and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service,hhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 8/28/2013Great food, excellent service, beautiful setting on the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowChrishodgeVIPDined on 8/26/2013Best meal I have ever had in Nantucket, and that is saying something.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2013I always enjoy the food here. This time was no exception. The watermelon gazpacho is amazing, as is the SWR lobster bake. The space itself is a little dated (feels a bit like a B&B) but there's a nice view of the harbor. Overall a Nantucket classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013Innovative, well executed menu. Everything was fresh, delicious, seasonal and beautifully plated. The service was outstanding and the view from the deck is gorgeous. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2013One of the best meals I've ever had. Everything was perfect, from the knowledgeable and friendly waiter who had fabulous suggestions, to one of the most wonderful meals I've ever eaten. The restaurant is very romantic, right near the water, candlelight, not a lot of noise. Just perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will not be back this season!RegularVIPDined on 8/17/2013We requested a table outside, and were not accommodated. It was hot in the restaurant, even on a beautifully cool Nantucket evening. The food and service were fine, albeit slow. The wine list is thoughtfully constructed, but super expensive. I was unable to find any bargains. How about $200 per person for dinner with tip? Wow!
- Every year I visit NantucketKathyVIPDined on 8/11/2013Every year I visit Nantucket and make a reservation at Straight Wharf. It has never disappointed. Food is always fresh, local, well seasoned, well presented, delicious. Wait staff is always attentive and sensitive to individual needs. Will continue to strongly recommend for those who love fresh, organic food.Special Features:
- Bread and DessertLovetocookandeatDined on 8/11/2013The freshly baked bread and the dessert (peach and blueberry galette with lemon verbena ice cream) are a meal unto themselves. Appetizers and entrees were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Dining Experience!FreddieVIPDined on 8/10/2013Terrific service and an excellent meal from start to finish! Looking forward to our return visit!Special Features:
- 40th wedding anniversarydining4twoDined on 8/10/2013From the moment we stepped to the hostess stand we were greeted , our anniversary celebration acknowledged and shown directly to a table for two overlooking the straight wharf, Nantucket harbor. The weather was perfect and the wait staff extremely friendly and attentive. The Straight wharf presents a simple but complete menu focused on regional farm or sea to table cuisine. The presentation, preparation and seasoning of the food is delicious and flavors complimentary. Portions are suitable and not over the top. The wine list was complete with per bottle prices ranging from modest to expensive without presenting "ridiculous" choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quinessential Nantucket.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013Straight wharf has been a favorite for many years. The place is authentic and carries the island's DNA. Not part of the heat-seeking trendy moment the island is suffering, but the food can go against any of the "chic-chef" spots. Relaxing, happy, casually elegant dining. Great menu that can please most palates.Special Features:
- Harborside dining at its best!!!OmnivoresdelightDined on 8/7/2013Amazing food, amazing service...a beautiful dining experience. The menu is seasonal & fresh. The day boat sea scallops were the beat I've ever had! Get a reservation for sunset...you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Decent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2013The food was exceptional, my girlfriend and I had a later dinner here and each ordered the Clam Bake (swr clam bake: buttered lobster, sweet corn, chorizo, potatoes & littleneck clams). If I went back I would order the same exact meal. The menu was very limited and this seemed like the best bet, both of US loved it. The desert was also really good. We shared the peach & blueberry galette (lemon verbena ice cream). The service was decent, but it would have been nice if they checked on us a bit more frequently as I would run out of water once in a while. The ambience was great, we were seated inside but still with a view of the harbor, very romantic. Great place to bring your date if you both like seafoodSpecial Features:
- Excellent food even if weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2013Excellent food even if we had to wait 'till 9:30 to get in. The "clam bake ", Fluke and harpooned swordfish were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on NantucketSeriouslyDisappointedDined on 7/27/2013Fabulous view of the harbor. The "New England Clam Bake" was absolutely delicious! The peach and blueberry galette is just outstanding! It is worth every calorie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.