SanTan Brewing Co.
8 S. San Marcos Place
Chandler, AZ 85225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SanTan Brewing Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santanbrewing.com/
- Phone: 4809178700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: SanTan offers both full service food and beer catering. Please contact Derek at email@example.com.
- Entertainment: SanTan offers live acoustic entertainment every Sundays beginning at 6 pm (not during the NFL Season).
A word from SanTan Brewing Co.
In 2007, SanTan Brewing Company was born in Historic Downtown Chandler, Arizona in the old Valley National Bank Building. Brewmaster and owner Anthony Canecchia had a mission…and SanTan Brewing was created and dedicated to the culture of Craft Beer paired with Craft Food to be enjoyed with the art of Conversation. Our belief is that Great Craft Beer and Great Craft Food can be the inspiration for the conversations that can change the world!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
SanTan Brewing Co. - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
SanTan Brewing Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for Sunday footballCreedDined on 12/8/2013We had an early Sunday dinner with a group. It's definitely a Sunday football scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than We RememberedbmchawkVIPDined on 11/27/2013Many go for the beer, but don't skip the food! Shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, and the pork enchiladas were all very good. This was my first time going to SanTan in several months, but without a doubt, I will NOT allow as much time to lapse before my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome eatsEatItUpDined on 11/27/2013Food is really good and fresh, san Tan has the best craft beer in the valley. Great for dates, especially on Monday nights where the bar turns into a "movie theatre". Light down, beers up and a movie playing through out the place. I've been coming here for years and never get tired of the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Chandler's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013The San Tan Brewing Company makes a great variety of beers, and you can see parts of the brewing and canning operation in action. The food is better than standard pub fare with a heavy Southwest influence menu. I keep coming back for loaded nachos and Devil's AleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedhappygirlDined on 11/25/2013This was our second visit to San Tan Brewery. Our first visit, about 6 months ago, was great so we decided to come back for the special occasion of my birthday. Overall, the visit was not really special. I had made reservations so was expecting what I would hope to be a "nice table" with a view near window, etc. The service was "fine", no mention of my birthday. Service was not slow nor was it prompt. Just about average. No mention of any dessert specials, specifically directed at my birthday. No drink specials, etc. We did order a pumpkin cheesecake and that arrived with no candle or anything special. So, I guess in a nutshell the evening was not "special" in any manner.Special Features:
- For The GameBiGMaCVIPDined on 10/30/2013This was only on of numerous trips my wife and I have made to SanTan Brewing Company. Food is good, a little more than just "bar food", and portions are large. The specialty brews are great and can be purchased for take out. The beer/ale brews have something for everyone, plus there is a mixed drink menu. We went to watch the World Series game and have dinner. It's always fun. As a bonus we got a favorite fall seasonal earlier than it hits the stores. Parking can be scarce during the day, but easy at night. Noise is much better on the large covered patio dining area, but games are not visible outside. If you want a local brewing company with a restaurant and sports bar this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!mommytimeDined on 10/20/2013The service was very fast and friendly. Great food and drink oprions. Very nice atmosphere. Love how inside is open to outside. Feels like one big patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pub TimeMikeDined on 9/29/2013Great food, outstanding service, and incredible brews. This place is awesome. Went there for an anniversary lunch with my wife, had awesome food, watched football, and enjoyed the house made Devils Ale. Sublime,Special Features:
- Good local brew pubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2013Took my sweetie to the San Tan Brewing Co. for his birthday, and enjoyed a good meal there... We were happy to find 4 baseball game on the monitors :) I ordered the Mahi Mahi tacos, and he the Aegean burger -both very tasty along side some S.T. beers. Server was friendly and helpful. All around a decent choice for pub food and locally crafted beers!I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great!!!JeffDined on 9/8/2013This was my first brunch here, I've never had a bad meal and brunch didn't let me down. I love coming here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy!!bnjnrDined on 8/31/2013Visiting from Chicago for the weekend and I must say that this place is simply awesome! The burgers are creative and yummy! Make sure you make a reservation this place gets pretty packed full of patrons. The Thai Curry soup is Delicious!Special Features:
- AmazingCharDined on 8/24/2013I was in on Saturday aug 24th with my mom & stepdad in the table in the back corner. We had a 1:00 reservation. I have to say I was in the restaurant business for over 10 years and now work at a call center. Our server was by far one of the best I've ever had. I could tell she was pretty busy and yet she handled our table with grace and professionalism. She made great recommendations and made me and my family feel special and that along with the delicious food made it one of the best dining experiences I have had here iin the valley. We will definitely be back because of her! I'm only sorry that I do not remember her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best PizzaKennyDined on 8/4/2013Came in around 9-10 for some food and a beer.. had some of the best pizza, the magherita pizza with a cider. Great food and friendly atmosphere. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2013Can't believe we've never tried San tan ...great restaurant, fantastic service from Lindsey, awesome beers and HUGE gluten free menu including burgers, pizza tacos and more. Best gluten free selection we've seen. Youve got to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st BirthdaylmorastDined on 7/29/2013This place was a great spot for my coworkers 21st birthday. It had great Happy Hour beer specials and the perfect atmosphere. Our waitress was super fun and even sang to the birthday boy! Only downside was they do not really do anything fun for birthdays, just a gift card for your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a keeperJamieDined on 7/8/2013This was my first time visiting Santan Brewing Co. And I will definitely return. I am always looking for local places to take my out of town guests and SBC is now at the top of my list. The food and beverages were delicious; the service was outstanding; the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best brewerySavagmanDined on 7/7/2013Absolutely the best brewery in Arizona. Good food, great beer, in an interesting historical building. They offer free samples of their beers and I would encourage you to try a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online reservation is fantastic.JoesDined on 7/4/2013San Tan is a popular place and getting a table sometimes requires a wait time. But, booking a table online completely smoothed out the experience, we were able to walk in, go right to our prepared table, and get settled immediately. It worked very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go here for the brew pubTinkDined on 6/26/2013We go here for the brew pub and selection of beers. Food is good but typical bar food. Service has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grilled cheese sandwichcburnDined on 6/16/2013The grilled cheese sandwich was amazing. We were there on Father's day so you guys were really busy, our service was just okay but everything else was really goode.Special Features:
- San Tan Brewing Co - GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013The food was fantastic, and the service excellent. It was Father's Day, and the restaurant was very busy. Our server was friendly, speedy, and efficient. The food was delivered at the right temperature by another server, which demonstrated to me a good team effort to make sure we had a great time. And I now have a new favorite beer, their Gordo Stout. My only complaint is the restaurant is loud, and conversation is difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the meal and howOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013We loved the meal and how wonderful the service was. My husband got to finish watching golf and then the NBA game.Special Features:
- Great flavor and fun atmosphereSMEEZEDined on 6/16/2013Celebrated Fathers' Day with first visit to San Tan. Very busy time with wait at the door. Our table was waiting with our open table reservation. Fun atmosphere with families and groups enjoying the late afternoon celebrating Fathers' Day. Large contingent of staff in the restuarant visible, and frequent checks to take care of our needs. Tried the sampler of steak, shrimp and ribs on special. Food was excellent with a bit of southwest flavor/spice in the ribs/sauce and fantastic flavor in the steak. Table ordered Bangers and Mash as well and would certainly recommend as well. Of course, then there is the beer, which had options for everyone's taste. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Father's Day lunchMilan12Dined on 6/16/2013We had Father's Day lunch at the San Tan Brewery and thoroughly enjoyed it. The place was packed but with our reservations we were able to be seated right away. The servers were a little overwhelmed with the crowd, but we never felt neglected or failed to receive drink refills. Although we went for the beer selection (which was great), the food was amazing - try the stuffed bacon cheeseburger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeNottooldforfunDined on 6/6/2013The food was great! This is a very loud restaurant it made it hard to have conversation with the everyone at our table. We had made reservations and had hoped to sit outside. However, they do not have outside misters or ceiling fans over all the seating. With the AZ warm evening, the table they offered us was in a very stifling area. We chose to wait for a table inside which, like I said was very loud. Not all expectations were met but we made a great time of it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite SpotJakeDined on 6/6/2013Their food and beer are always top notch and they provide excellent service. We love it here and reccomend it to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is noisy and busy duringSunshineDined on 6/4/2013It is noisy and busy during the dinner hour and is a popular spot for dinner and beer right in the middle of the historic downtown Chandler, next to the San Marcos hotel. You have to book well in advance for a dinner reservation on the weekend. It is certainly the atmosphere of a sports bar with the added benefit of the brewery's excellent beers. We got a flight of seven which were a generous 4 oz each that we shared. The food was very tasty and very good, far better that a typical sports bar, almost gourmet. Service was friendly and just right - not too much or too little. We enjoyed taking a stroll around the couple blocks of downtown after dinner before driving home. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmm BeerTeeShoeDined on 5/29/2013San Tan was great. Food was really tasty. Started with like cilantro hummus and then chicken street tacos. The chicken was well seasoned and plentiful. Got a local beer and it commie tee the food very well. It was a Tuesday night and every table was full. Very casual scene, loud and energetic so was a nice departure from the stuffy corporate dinners my staff expect when traveling. Downtown Chandler is pretty cool, I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, with nice dailyleniodineDined on 5/23/2013Food is good, with nice daily specials. And to go with the food is great beer. Great place on quoted days . I make it a point to go everytime I am in chandler,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, Friendly and FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2013We were looking for a place to kill some time before a late night flight and wanted a place with a good beer selection. We were not disappointed. The scene was nice, the service was fantatic and we were able to relax and unwind prior to our flight. Wish we would have had more time to stay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a Fun ExperienceFoodieGaloreDined on 5/16/2013We went on a Thursday evening on the cusp of Happy Hour so we could get our appetizer and drink orders in. The beers were great but was very disappointed with the appetizers, especially the hummus platter that had a micro amount of hummus and very poor value. The wings were fine but nothing great. The entrees were much better especially the mac/cheese burger, other burgers and the pork with beans and rice. Loved the place and the ambiance and the service was excellent. Food was good but they sure need to work on the appetizers to make it a better value.Special Features:
- Outstanding establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013My first time visiting SanTan Brewery was for a work event i set up for business partners from out of town. The food was amazing, the beer was great, and the service was legit. I went back the following sunday for Mother's Day with my whole family and had another great experience. I was in and out in 45 minutes with a full belly and an impressed family. It was a win for me and a win for the people I brought, as they have visit the establishment since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good Mothers' Day buffetNanaDined on 5/12/2013We went with both of our daughters' families for Mothers's Day. It was crowded, noisy and not really family oriented. I have enjoyed dining at San Tan Brewery in the past and think they have a good menu. It was just not the right place for a Mothers' Day buffet. They had typical bar food rather than brunch and many of the patrons were there to enjoy the brewery not Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Unique Local AttractionbrewhasDined on 5/2/2013Great place for visitors for a unique experience, happening atmosphere, with great food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for beer, sports, tasty foodwaygalloDined on 4/24/2013Noisy but fun, the San Tan Brewing Company was the perfect place to take our 23-year old and his buddies. They loved the beer choices and the food was good and plentiful. There were many televisions with every sporting event that was happening being shown. The service was friends and efficient. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local brewery whichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2013Great local brewery which just happens to have excellent food!Special Features:
- Worst experience yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013I must admit I was extremely disappointed with the service, food, and attitude of our server. I have been to San Tan at least 50 times and this was the worst experience, which has me thinking if I want to return. I had family in town from out of state who are serious hopheads. They enjoyed the San Tan products while attending the GABF last year. To our surprise you were out of all IPA's on Sunday. They then ordered the soup and special pulled pork sandwich from the special menu that the server provided, only to be told that neither was available or ready yet. Why put out a menu that the food was not available or ready? Why not have the server tell us that there were no IPA's available instead of waiting for us to try and order them?Special Features:
- We're new to AZ. Our friendsaksquirlDined on 3/14/2013We're new to AZ. Our friends in Chandler suggested meeting at San Tan Brewing. We were pleased to find that they accept reservations and we easily got one for 7pm. We were seated within a few minutes of our arrival. My only complaint is that they seated us right next to the kitchen area so there was a lot of foot traffic. But the waitress did a great job and the food and drink were good. We will return.
- We were disappointed whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013We were disappointed when we were shown to our table - It was right next to the kitchen door and the door was actually touching one of the chairs. Plus, it was about 95 degrees. The air conditioning was not on because the doors to the outside were open. They moved us to another table after we complained but it was still very hot. We made the reservations because we had visitors from out of town and were looking forward to going to a great local spot.
- The beers are excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013The beers are excellent .. Will go back there again if I return to Arizona..Special Features: