50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center
50 Warren Street
Lowell, MA 01852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.uml.edu/icc
- Phone: 9789346950x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Thursday through Saturday: 6:30AM - 9:30AM; Brunch: Sundays 8:00AM - 2:00PM; Lunch: Thursday through Saturday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM; Dinner: Thursday through Saturday 4:00PM - 10:00PM. Closed Mondays,Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Available for private parties from Sunday at 3:00PM through Wednesday 10:00PM. Bar open week nights until 10pm and weekends until 12:00AM. Light snacks available!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering menu available for private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available in the restaurant Sunday night, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Gallant 9789346950x
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch
Fresh Air Fridays
A word from 50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center
Tucked inside the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center is 50 Warren restaurant and lounge. Enjoy cocktails and small bites in the fireside lounge, or dine overlooking the Pawtucket Canal and Lower Locks in the restaurant. The menu offers a unique dining experience with small plates, hand crafted entrees and desserts and a wine and cocktail menu that is sure to please the most critical diner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- It was very quiet when went.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013It was very quiet when went. food and service were very good.
- Same chef? Food went fromPhilVIPDined on 2/19/2013Same chef? Food went from great (first visit) to less than average. Different chef makes DIFFERENCE.
- sorry to sy our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013sorry to sy our first time eating there was very nice we were the only people in the resturant, service was great and food very good. However the next time, made 6:15 resevation so we could get to lowell auditorium for 8pm concert. Seated immediately but by 7;45 had only recieved drinks app and salad had to leave without entrees.They were all very apologetic and cleared our bill so no hard feelings but do hope they will do some changes in staffing when they fore see another busy night.The location is perfect can walk right over to the auditorium.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Quiet spot just off the main street in Lowell. Food is excellent and the staff is very nice. Great place for quiet dinner for 2. We were a little concerned as the restaurant is actually a part of UMass Lowell - but our concerns were quickly put to rest - prices were very reasonable and the food was very very good. We'd recommend 50 Warren for a nice night out or just a casual dinner.Special Features:
- I couldn't have chosen a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I couldn't have chosen a better setting for our first Valentines Day together! Sharon & GarySpecial Features:
- Excellent short ribs. AttentivePhilVIPDined on 2/5/2013Excellent short ribs. Attentive service from Drew. Will returnSpecial Features:
- GOOD FOOD, GOOD SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Good Food, Good Service, and right in the Heart of Downtown Lowell. The outside Dinning is a great spot, located right next to the canal. They also have live entertainment every Friday which is a huge plus, as well as specialty dinners every month. The amount of change that this Restaurant has undergone is amazing. Great Job over there! I will absolutely be returning!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Food was very good and presented well. We also enjoyed the fact that the tables were not on top of each other like in so many other restaurants. Service was fine. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Food get a mixed review: myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Food get a mixed review: my wife had scallops and they were the best she ever tasted. I had beef short ribs and they were questionable at best. Live music on Fridays after 7 PM is a big plus. Very conveniently located near the Merrimack Repertory Theater.Special Features:
- Great Food, Outstanding Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Found this restaurant on line while researching area for eateries to visit before a nearby concert. I was pleasantly surprised at the looks of the restaurant and it's affordability of the menu. Pretty diverse, but not overloaded menu. Food was very good, but the service was outstanding! Everyone was very friendly and attentive, and it made for a great dinner. I would definitely go back again, and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant. I don't usually write reviews for restaurants I visit, but I felt complelled to do so with this particular establishment.Special Features:
- I treated my close friendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013I treated my close friend there, to celebrate her 70th birthday-- and it made her feel quite special, as the food and atmosphere was awesome!!We did the "$30 for 2 deal", and although she couldn't help but see the price on the menu, she said she thought it was a really good deal! The choices all seemed so good that we had trouble deciding, but then really enjoyed our food. And, the main dishes were so filling-- the all-veggie g--??(starts with a "g") and the pork rib meat-- that we had small doggie bags to take home for lunch the next day!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2013Had a fantastic dinner with a friend! Food was much improved since I visited a few months back. The short ribs were to die for! Server was polite and attentive, the manager checked in with us serveral times. They now have Friday night entertainment that we will be going back for this week!Special Features:
- This was our second visit,RichardDined on 12/15/2012This was our second visit, and despite concerns others have voiced, we experienced no difficulty with service. Yes, it is a bit like a hotel lobby, but it is quiet and comfortable, and when the outdoor area is available, that adds considerably to its charm. The food is well prepared and tasty, with a limited menu that apperars to change with the seasons. The crab and steak tip appetizers were both very good. Our server was very attentive, and the spacing between our 3 courses was perfect.Special Features:
- Finding the place was a challenge,satisfiedVIPDined on 12/12/2012Finding the place was a challenge, then finding service (or any staff for that matter) was challenging too. I was with a business colleague and used OpenTable as its never been a disappointment before. 50 Warren should be removed, or prominently called out as a college dorm. I didn't eat there and left within two minutes of arriving. The menu was sparse, service was poor (we were ignored from the moment we arrived), and the place basically empty (there were two tables occupied in the entire facility). I would NOT recommend
- Not busy, but a very long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/9/2012Since 50 Warren is close to the Lowell Theatre District, we thought we would give it a try before a show. There were only three parties there when we arrived at 5:30, so we thought we'd get very prompt service - we ordered the special dinner for two. Although the staff was friendly, the food delivery was very slow. We waited over 20 minutes for the Crab Cake appetizer. At 6:15 we still did not have our entrees. We also noticed that a party of 4 that arrived before us did not have their entrees. We alerted our waitress that we had a show at 7:00 p.m. and within another 10 minutes, we received our entrees. When we left at 6:55, the poor party of 4 that arrived before us was just getting served. We won't be back.
- ReccomndationsGeorgeVIPDined on 12/8/2012The service was a bit inexperienced but was satisfactory. The limited menu offered an entre for each food group. The food was well prepared and nicely presented. Adequate portions and reasoonable prices were appreciated. A problem is that the restuarant is adjacent to the hotel lobby and not sufficiently isolated. One gets the feeling of having a nice dinner at the hotel coffee shop. The observation windows at the top of the wall give a "too open" feeling and do not lend to an atmosphere of privacy. Tablecloths would be a welcome addition.
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Excellent food, excellent service. Atmosphere was outstanding. Added touch was after dinner drinks in front of fireplace. Definately would go back. Dinner for four was short ribs and chicken. Good wine list. Well worth trying!Special Features:
- The Thanksgiving Dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012The Thanksgiving Dinner was outstanding. The turkey was brinded perfectly, the roasted vegetables wer eas good or better than I've had anywhere. I enjoyed dinner, thanks!Special Features:
- The pasta dish was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012The pasta dish was very poor. Pasta was overcooked and the sauce was unpleasant.
- We are new to the area andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012We are new to the area and decided to try 50 Warren and we were very pleasantly surprised! The reviews were mixed so we were not sure what to expect. Although it was too cold to enjoy the outside dinning, the views were beautiful. The scallop and risotto was to die for! Our server Amy was pleasant and the Manager Brian checked on us several times, we even got a visit from the General Manager of the hotel! We will definately return.Special Features:
- Based on recent reviews, weRichardDined on 9/22/2012Based on recent reviews, we were somewhat hesitant, but our experience was fabulous. The service was perfect, the food, while limited in choices and not especially unusual, was very well prepared, with the rice and pasta perfectly al dente, and the steak tips appetizer perfectly cooked and very nice-flavored. The outdoor seating near the waterfall was marvelous (though a bit noisy, but still worth it for the ambiance), and the path along the canal for dog-walkers added a very nice touch (the dogs were very well-behaved!). The location in downtown Lowell is perfect, especially for those heading to downtown events, as we were for a show at Merrimack Repertory Theater, and parking is readily available. Well worth a visit; we will return.Special Features:
- As other reviewers mentioned,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012As other reviewers mentioned, although the servers seemed to be trying it just didn't go well. Delays and order issue all around.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2012While the food was acceptable, the service was not. There was one server and one bartender, who also helped with seating and busing. We waited hours for our food, after being told that the "chef was swamped". There were ten people in the restaurant, including us, and all waited just as long. We actually decided to leave, just as the food was coming, so sat back down and ate. It was nothing special but the prices were very reasonable.
- We had a very enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012We had a very enjoyable dining experience. The waitress was very accommodating and even split the bill 3 ways.The food was delicious and we all had a good time.Special Features:
- Very small restaurant (12OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012Very small restaurant (12 tables) yet service was poor. Took husbands dinner away, which he hadn't finished. Waitress disappeared and never asked if we wanted coffee or dessert. Took a very long time to get our bill. Overall it was not a pleasant experience.
- Nice Ambiance..Food could be betterlainey26Dined on 3/23/2012Nice view of Lowell canals...wonderful live piano music...free appetizers...food not so goodSpecial Features:
- There was only one other coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012There was only one other couple having dinner when we were there and there was a gentleman playing jazz music on the piano and a woman singing which was very nice. The food was good for the most part but my wife had a beef brisket sandwich which was impossible to eat. It was very chewy and fatty and the entire thing came out from under the bun in one bite. Waitress was very friendly. Only a couple beers on tap.
- This gem is by the river inEmilyDined on 3/9/2012This gem is by the river in Lowell. It's very comfortable inside (good space between diners), the food was very good, and the service was excellent. We have lived in this area for many years, and are glad to find this "downtown" eatery!Special Features:
- Valentine DinnermartypDined on 2/14/2012Piano dinning in downtown Lowell. The menu is small hope it keeps changing. Only about 10 to 12 tables in the dinning room makes this restaurant a very romantic spot. The view of the canals and mill buildings is very nice. The fireplace bar with couches(separate area) would be a great stop for small sandwiches and a martini. Plan on a late night stop to try the $15 lobster roll and house made chips. We had scallops which where very large and sweet over a risotto. Beet salad was very good. I substituted clam chowder for a salad and found it to be robust. Made with bacon each spoon was full of clams. My main meal porterhouse steak was overdone (asked for medium) but still vary flavorful almost like char-coaled grilled. Special V-day desserts.Special Features:
- A Mixed Lunch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012The ambiance was quite lovely. The room overlooks a canal. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. The menu was quite limited and not the one that appeared on the website. I was happy with my veggie panini, but the burger my friend cooked was not cooked rare as requested. Also, the reubens were not as good as my friends expected. I would give the restaurant another try for dinner and when school is in session and there is more traffic.Special Features:
- This is indeed a neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/15/2011This is indeed a neighborhood gem. At first impression it isn't a typical restaurant as the indoor section is really just an extension of the hotel lobby, and it was noisy when we first arrived although that changed shortly after we were seated. Beyond that portion of the restaurant there was outdoor seating along a canal with locks, an exceptional urban viewpoint, although we chose to be seated indoors. Although the menu is somewhat limited in traditional meals, what we ordered was excellent and there are several other items we will be anxious to try on our next visit, which will be in the near future. The service was very good, but it could be improved if there were a maitre de available to greet and seat the patrons.Special Features:
- Enjoyed very much the outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2011Enjoyed very much the outdoor seating overlooking the canal lock — a peaceful corner in the city. Good food in a relaxing atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2011I really enjoyed visiting 50 Warren at UMass. The service was terrific, the ambiance was wonderful and it was beautiful sitting outside enjoying the scenery. I will definately go to 50 Warren again for dinner.Special Features:
- Its an interesting set up,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2011Its an interesting set up, I thought I was walking into a lobby waiting area, since the dining service set up are a couple of tables, with chairs missing and no table settings. The food was surpringly very good, but it didnt appear to be a restaurant. We initially came for dinner, but opted for appts and drinks, since we were the only ones there. It needs to define itself as a restaurant. the location is great especially in the summer months. It has tons of potential. I would go back to check out progress.Special Features: