32 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcantinori.com/
- Phone: 2126736044
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Minieri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Northern Italian cuisine (Tuscan)
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private up to 45 people. Private room available for 45-100 people
- Private Party Contact: Frank Minieri/Andrew Linardatos 8669450120
A word from Il Cantinori
Il Cantinori, located in Greenwich Village, has been at the forefront of Tuscan cuisine in NYC since its opening in 1983. This old farmhouse with a rustic warmth, stucco walls, wooden beams and voluminous floral arrangements is very romantic and elegant. We combine the unique traditional flavors of the Tuscan countryside with a complete seasonal lunch and dinner menu. We welcome guests with affectionate hospitality, daily specials and a wine list reflective of the northern Italian regions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Cantinori reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (78)neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (21)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- each and every time....bellVIPDined on 7/8/2014AMAZING FOOD!!!! i would return again and again. risotto and veal chop are some of the very best the city has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, longing for more!KirklandCoupleVIPDined on 6/30/2014We had a very nice dinner and the staff was lovely. The setting is wonderful and the food was good. Especially enjoyed the tagliatelle with lemon and ricotta, yummy! Also the zucchini salad was fantastic, I'd order that over and over again! The meal began with a complimentary dish, which was a plate of tomato goop. They used to bring a delightful panzanella, but this was just goop and not the least bit delightful. Bring back the panzanella! I do love that each day there are multiple specials that are described by the staff.
- Always great!markgnjVIPDined on 6/29/2014Il Cantinori never disappoints! The quality of everything served on the table was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBRatLPHTBRatLPHVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always great. On of the city's true classics. Front/outdoor seating is terrific if weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014The food was very forgettable. I had not been here in 20years- I guess my instincts not to come back were warranted. While I do not get sticker shock as a rule, for the what we ordered, it was expensive. Also, the pricing was inconsistent. I ordered a risotto as an appetizer and was charged $13.50. My guest asked for risotto as a side dish and was charged $7.00 for the same portion that I had as an appetizer. I suspect they stay in business because the crowd is a bunch of older regulars. I will not be returning to this restaurant.
- Authentic Italian foodShakaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had portobello mushroom with arugula and grilled calamari for first course-both light and fresh. Seafood risotto and spinach fettuccine cooked al dente were very flavorful. Sautéed veal was tender and moist. Ambiance was casual and homey, yet, very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past it's primeNYDinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014It definitely feels like this place is sat it's prime. Menu was very Italian American with many heavy cream sauces.
- Always fantastic !EllenVIPDined on 6/4/2014A wonderful restaurant where they really take care of their guests with delicious and meticulously made food. My son and I are gluten free and they took great care to prepare our dishes gluten free including gf pasta ! They served a delicious gluten free flourless chocolate cake! Wonderful service and a fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Great service and outstanding food. We felt welcomed the moment arrived.Special Features:
- The Veal Chop Haunts Me!JimLambeDined on 5/27/2014Great food, amazing service! Ask for Victor as your server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaTinalVIPDined on 5/25/2014The negtive for us is that a larger group was seated at a table behind ours. It felt like they were on top of us and they were a loud group. The restaurant wasn't at all filled so it seemed strange to have that happen.Special Features:
- Great experience !LadyDiSirEdDined on 5/24/2014The specials were unique and seasonal ingredients my boy friend and I ordered soft shell crab as appetizer. pasta the pappardelle broccoli rabe as side and entree which was served already separated which surprised me at first but was a terrific idea and enjoyable. The food was delicious Complimentary tomato relish delicious !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelf!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014It is tucked away on a typical charming Greenwich Village street. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the buzz from the patrons is very welcoming. The service and food are as expected from a fine dining out experience. We really enjoyed ourselves and highly recommend the experience to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YackieohVIPDined on 5/21/2014Food could have been a little better. Burrata app bland. Two pasta dishes too spicy and not listed as such. Waiter was wonderful.Special Features:
- Best Dinner in NYCSFdinerVIPDined on 5/21/2014We spent a week in NYC eating at all the top restaurants and our favorite dinner was at Il Cantinori. The home made pasta is to die for! Out waiter was fabulous as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous True Italian ResturaantSteveB2BDined on 5/21/2014We were there for a graduation family dinner and it was excellent. The service was probably the most concerned, professional service I have experienced at any restaurant in NY or other major cities. We had a table close to the street and it was delightful. My highest recommendationSpecial Features:
- WiltonFanVIPDined on 5/20/2014Remains a gem not just in this neighborhood but from anyplace in the City.Special Features:
- The following 775 reviews are from the Il Cantinori reviews archive.
- Il Cantinori can still singsuburbandinerDined on 5/17/2014Overall, a very nice restaurant. Service was very good, not pushy. All the food was well received. In order of preference for me, the broccoli rabe was the best of everything I tasted. The bronzino was listless - somewhat overcooked. The pasta with lamb and artichokes was very good as was the paglia e fieno. Sorbets were excellent. If you can get seating at the few seats at the sidewalk, get them. The restaurant lighting in general is a little dark - they have nothing to hide. The flower arrangements were stunning. On the expensive side, but for a special dinner, not a bad choice.Special Features:
- Disappointed!alfresco44Dined on 5/15/2014Although the wine, grilled calamari and tartufo were delicious I was very disappointed in my "special" (chicken marsala) which was not special at all. It was very bland. The restaurant is beautiful with lovely fragrant flowers and I would definitely go back to try another dish. Wish I could rave but perhaps next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary and Bob PascalePascale625VIPDined on 5/14/20143 at the table ordered sliced RibEye, very fatty and tough.
- Excellent mealLITTLEONE102VIPDined on 5/9/2014Brought my wife here for an anniversary dinner. The bar is small but nice for a pre dinner drink. The tables are spacious enough for NYC, and the noise level is reasonable. The chef started us off with a complimentary small dish and then the meals were excellent. Don't forget to have a nice large glass of wine with dinner. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to drinkCaroleVIPDined on 5/5/2014Overall, the atmosphere here is lovely and romantic in the candlelit front room which opens to the street. The back room, which we rejected, is over lit and not as intimate. Our waiter Frankie was wonderful and so was the Falanghina. The food is pretty mediocre, which is disappointing for the price. The pasta with lamb and broccoli rabe was dull, and the whole branzino was not as tasty as it can be. Special salad of the day was interesting but nothing I would want to have again. We went on the insistence of my wife, and it is as I remembered... A pretty neighborhood place, waiting for someone to care about the food served here.Special Features:
- Delicous meal and excellent servicehappycamperDined on 5/3/2014We had a very pleasurable meal and experience at Il Cantinori. We needed a restaurant close enough to Astor Place since we were going to a show after dinner. Our waiter Diminico was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The owner was engaging and welcoming. The food was delicious and we look forward to returning.Special Features:
- neighborhood treasureluncheamosDined on 5/1/2014Il Cantinori has been there for what feels like decades, and it has always had consistently wonderful food and an outstanding wine list. The wait staff remembered me at a recent lunch, though I had not been there for years. A varied menu and an expressed desire, when the specials are being laid out for you, that the kitchen will create pretty much anything you feel like having, is quite a contrast from the usually rigid recitations you get in other high end restaurants. My friend and I sat for hours talking and eating, with no sense of pressure. Only complaint: it's become even pricier. Still, unlike so many other dining experiences, I felt as if I had gotten my money's worth.Special Features:
- NYCBest59Dined on 4/26/2014From beginning to end it was wonderful...great waiter and food was outstanding as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- losing their edge>italianfoodfanDined on 4/24/2014I've eaten here before and it wasn't as good as before. There was a very large party and a second group that were VERY loud. We chose the restaurant hoping it would be quiet so were disappointed.Special Features:
- Il cantinori a nice flavor of ItalypcappellDined on 4/22/2014When I pulled up to the restaurant I knew this would be a good dining experience. The quaint restaurant oozed charm. Once inside, we were ushered into the backroom where the ambiance was quiet and relaxed. Although the menu wasn't expansive, it did not disappoint. The dishes seemed carefully selected to represent some true flavors of Italy. The wine list impresses even the most astute wine connossieur. The service was excellent, with attention to every detail. We enjoyed the fresh pappardelle, the caprese was delightful (and suggested even though not offered on the menu). The two men in my party ordered veal dishes and judging from the looks on their faces after taking their first bites, they had died and gone to heaven. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!luv2dine2Dined on 4/21/2014Il Cantinori is beautiful and the food is superb. Service was very good and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Superb dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2014I absolutely love Il Cantinori. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The food is always great, as is the service and they take great care of you there. It is always tops on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite still after 15+ yearsKLC66VIPDined on 4/19/2014This has been my favorite restaurant since discovering it 15+ years ago. What's astounding is the consistency of the food, service and scene even after all these years. It's always a pleasure to go to Il Cantinori and it's somewhere I always take friends visiting from out of town. The staff treats us like family and it's always a great night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2014I have been going here for years. This is a perfect mix of great food, atmosphere, and service. It has been the same staff for years and everyone has a great depth of knowledge about the food and wine. It is so clear that the staff feels comfortable, content and is having fun. There is such an ease, which makes this place feel as if it is your own dining room, just with a lot of people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our long time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014One of our long time favorite NYC Italian restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantMaggieNYCDined on 3/28/2014il Cantinori is a reliable, convenient spot with a good wine list and pretty-good Italian food. It gets very crowded and rushed as the evening goes on, so not a spot for conversation or leisurely dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Always reliable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentReedDined on 3/15/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Not at all rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hadn't been here in 20[?]gretchenVIPDined on 3/5/2014Hadn't been here in 20[?] yrs….. found it better than ever. Very popular/crowded/noisy….. but food is sublime. Generous Restaurant week menu, too.Special Features:
- Great food, Great service :)VeronicaDined on 3/5/2014We, a group of 4, dined here, and had an amazing night! It is perfect for people who are looking for somewhere not too formal with great dishes to choose from. We were very satisfied with our food and their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againDominoVIPDined on 3/1/2014I just don't understand why this place is still popular. Overpriced and they need to upgrade the quality of food.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014What a pleasant experience. Starting from the making the reservations right to our server!!!!!! I will definitely recommend this place to everyone (in fact, I've already started)!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great time!NomNomsDined on 2/28/2014I went with a total group of 7 people while visiting NYC for the weekend. It was great- they checked our coat when we got there and seated us right away. There was endless bread (fresh baked) & a ton of staff to help us at any time. The food was amazing- we did the prefix menu for restaurant week. It was delicious. It was really cramped in the restaurant though. My drink (whiskey & ginger) was just about straight whiskey too, which is great at a bar but not a nice dinner. Everyone loved it overall, though. I got a bunch of praise from everyone on my choice. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.