Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
5594 W. Wildhorse Pass Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildhorsepassresort.com/
- Phone: 6023855726x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Conor Favre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: KAI announces a private transportation service. The Journey Class premier chauffeur service offers personal driver services safely to and from KAI Restaurant. As a guest of KAI, we want you to experience that personal service from the moment your night begins all the way through to its conclusion, adding a personal touch that is unmatched in our industry. This program launch will coincide with the first wine dinner and begins April 5. The cost is $60 round-trip (35 mile one-way limit) and includes up to 4 passengers. Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and can be made by calling 602-385-5726 or sending reservation request information to JourneyClassTransportation@Kai.com.
A word from Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, KAI, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Conor Favre and Chef de Cuisine Joshua Johnson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. KAI maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, denim, T-shirts and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. As a courtesy to other diners, refrain from using cell phones and laptops in the dining room; all audio visual equipment are prohibited. Thank you in advance for respecting this as an elegant and discerning adults-only fine dining environment, recommended for guests over the age of 13.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (55)romantic (46)fit for foodies (43)scenic view (37)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Starters & Desserts DivineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2014Very creative menu. Our appetizers were amazing, as were 2 of our 3 desserts. Entrees so-so...Lamb mediocre, though cooked a perfect medium-rare. Diver scallops seared perfectly, but way overdone and rubbery, as was the lonely shrimp. Service knowledgable, but stiff and stuffy considering their youth. Food explanations recited fast and furious, not to be interrupted. Party downstairs din drifted upstairs to the formal, lovely dining room. We would return to just sample other items on the menu, however. The combination of ingredients are overwhelmingly original and unexpectedly divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special placeBrunchLoverVIPDined on 1/23/2014Kai is a very special dining experience. The food, presentation and service are all exceptional. The staff do not miss a beat on service, and it's done in a quiet sophisticated way. I particularly love that they use seeds and other ingredients grown locally and also hire Native American Indians to work in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ArizonaWilliamDined on 1/22/2014Another excellent meal for us at Kai. Great service and food. Try the elk or buffalo, the escargot and the chocolate souffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic evening. The staffdiningdonDined on 1/18/2014Fantastic evening. The staff did everything to make us comfortable, nothing was left that needed explanation. The food was outstanding. And the Native American flute atmosphere added a perfect touch. It was great to find out that the performer is a contributor/exhibitor to the Musical Instrument Museum where I will be working soon.Special Features:
- EnchantedscreenoutlawDined on 1/17/2014Never have I experienced ALL the best come together in one spot, with this one exception.Special Features:
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/16/2014After living in Arizona for 8 years, we finally have found the best restaurant. Kai was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to JOY!JohnDined on 1/16/2014We had been here once before about a decade ago, but had left the area. On returning to the area, we booked KAI for a special anniversary. It was indeed delightful. We are planning a small family event for sometime in April. Arrangements are pending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my hubbie's50th birthday dinnerLisaDined on 1/15/2014Wow! The food and service were impeccable. Everything was seasoned perfectly. The food was delivered without feeling rushed. Even the wine list accommodated sll price ranges. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the extra mileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2014when you think the view, service and food had exceeded your expectations. They brought our car around stocked with water, chocolates and a personal thank you note from our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining PerfectiontvankDined on 1/11/2014"Perfection" is the only word that comes to mind. Le Bernardin & French Laundry have nothing on Kai. It's easy to see how they have scored top Zagat ratings. Though located in the out-of-the-way Sheraton Resort and Casino in Chandler, the setting for the restaurant itself is elegant & beautifully appointed. Well spaced tables allow for easy movement by the waitstaff and private conversations of guests at each table. Each menu has a different hand-painted cover. Servers were there to anticipate & meet our every need. Polite, knowledgeable, unobtrusive - and when we got in our car, in it was a personal note of thanks from our server. If only I had more space to describe the food - every dish exquisitely prepared and presented. Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionLuluDined on 1/10/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations. Even though the decor and carpeting look dated, which was the only downfall, the quality of food and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a boardroomTheDemoGuyVIPDined on 1/10/2014Absolutely outstanding food: taste, presentation, quality, best meal I've ever eaten by far. You ate with your eyes first, the presentation was spectacular. Staff were educated, friendly, and helpful. They really helped my dining experience, and knew everything there was to know about the food, restaurant, and area. The ambiance was weak, it was like eating in an old board room. Overall, fantastic, and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique menu. PlatingJaneDined on 1/10/2014Very unique menu. Plating and service impeccable. Savored every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Fine Dining ExperienceAnn14Dined on 1/8/2014Aside from the really high quality cuisine, with unique local and cultural touches, the commentary regarding the context of the setting (Pima and Maricopa Native American history) was fascinating and really added to the experience. Service was admirable. My only complaint, which would appeal to some, is the large portion size. I was unable to finish the two courses I had because there was simply too much food. And this was unfortunate, because it was very good. The intimate setting was ideal for relaxed dining and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star All AroundVBrickDined on 1/4/2014Headline says it all. The food blew me away and Kai was by far the best meal I have ever had, definitely the kind of meal you remember. Portions were a great size and the menu was approachable. The drinks were so refreshing and delicious, especially the lavender beverage. The service was absolutely phenomenal, refreshing, and approachable. Seriously, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Spectacular presentation,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014Spectacular presentation, food and service. One of the best experiences I have had in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of KaiRaschazDined on 1/3/2014Best dining experience my wife and I have ever had. The good and service were both great! Kai especially excels in the little unexpected details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Spent new year’s eve dinner here as the occasion happen to be my wife’s birthday and it was our first visit. The service was incredible and the pre fix menu (we usually try to avoid pre-fixes) was absolute perfection.. I don’t even know where to begin from start to finish it was the best dinner we’ve have ever had.. It’s worth every penny will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in ArizonaSteveVIPDined on 12/28/2013This is a wonderful special occasion restaurant. The food is phenomenal! The service matches the quality of the food from the servers and helpers to the wine steward and on and on. The restaurant is beautifully designed. They take special care to deal with any food allergies. A special nice touch is the two waters, note from the waiter, and candy left in your car when you pick it up. Overall--amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Anniversarysavor4everDined on 12/27/2013Kai is dedicated to customer service and excellence. It was truly a great dining experience for my lady and I. I selected the Elk. Tender and juicy this delicious dish meat would make any vegetarian fall in love with meat. We were given two dessert plates which were wonderful. Kai provides truly a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfectionDoggieComboverDined on 12/27/2013Fine dining at a level rarely found in the PHX metro area, attention to detail is impeccable. Service has just the right touch, everything is handled without being overbearing. All food items were excellent and presented creatively, the staff took the time to explain where, what, how the dishes were prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cause for celebrationWinstonVIPDined on 12/27/2013If you a true foodie and want to celebrate a cause, then Kai is your place to celebrate an experience in itself.Special Features:
- Perfect servicerenilrebDined on 12/20/2013a wonderful restaurant with perfect service and a wonderful ambiance. Interesting food combinations, lovely presentation. Hard to fault this exceptional restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing place to dine.AmooreDined on 12/20/2013It was some of the most amazing food I've had in my life. The menu is both exotic and comforting. They made an elk dish that my husband enjoyed more than his usual bone in prime filets at all the steakhouses. Goes at the top of our list for foodie fare in Phoenix.Special Features:
- Amazing…as alwaysBelllindaVIPDined on 12/20/2013Notably the finest restaurant in the state! Each bite is an OMG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blissfulf and IndulgedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Celebrated our anniversary. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by staff and the person recognized my name and that we were celebrating an anniversary. The restaurant ask prior to our arrival if we had any dietary restrictions. One of us eats gluten free. They modified each dish to accommodate or compensate for the gluten free request. The stories along with each coarse made the evening and food more enjoyable. Very nice wine list too. Upon leaving in our car there was a thank you card from our server, a small box of chocolates and two bottles of Voss water. Although the night was indulgent the food was not too rich and the motions were not to small or too large. I slept like a baby and the next day I felt blissful all day long.Special Features:
- Best EverKaiimpressedDined on 12/13/2013We splurged and did the short story paired with wine (the cost is $210 and that is per person). It was the best meal I have ever enjoyed and the most complete dining experience ever. Brilliant menu items + perfectly pairs wines = 5 star. There is a reason it is the only 5 star in Arizona. high dollar but well worth it.Special Features:
- Kai RestaurantdiningadventurersDined on 12/7/2013I have lived in New York City for most of my years, but have never had such a fine dining experience as my recent dinner at Kai restaurant in Arizona. In addition to the food, the welcome by the attentive and informative staff, the location in the midst of beautiful Indian Tribal land and the attention to detail made this a very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star experienceAZBobVIPDined on 12/6/2013The setting, the service, the cuisine, the presentation were all five star. We were greeted at the entrance by our hostess and immediately brought to our table. Jeremy, our waiter, explained the menu and the art within the room. Our meals were delicious and the service was attentive but not obtrusive. The only small disappointment that we experienced was that our car was not waiting for us when we departed. On our last visit to this restaurant our car was waiting for us with bottled water and truffles. I hope this was just an oversight and not a change of policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Deserved Five Star DestinationAZWingmanDined on 12/6/2013Our experience was perfect from start to finish. We opted to have the "Short Story" six course menu. It was anything but short and the experience lasted nearly 3 hours (which was perfect). I would pick a highlight but since everything was perfect I cannot. Beyond the outstanding food, the serving staff was perfectly present and not present when appropriate. We particularly enjoyed the various staff members engaged in short conversation in a way that was neither too much or rushed. In other words they were perfectly organized and able to spend the right mix of time with us. A nice touch at the end is a printed copy of what we ate/drank as obviously one would be hard pressed to remember all that detailVery memorable. Very memorable!Special Features:
- One of Best Restaurants EverGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 11/30/2013Having dined at top restaurants in San Francisco and L.A. I can safely put Kai in that category. Everything was superb from the moment we walked in until we left nearly three hours later after dining on the "short" tasting menu. The creative cocktails and wine pairings were outstanding. The sommolier was top notch in his knowledge and selections. He even modified one wine tasting based on a substitution. I especially recommend the buffalo dish which can also be ordered as a main. It was the most tendor and flavorful I have ever had. This is truly a "bucket list" restaurant. You will be hard-pressed to find a gourmet restaurant anywhere that pairs Native American influences with French cooking tecniques. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience.ParkerDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I can't say enough about the food, service and education about what we ate. New foods and old with a wonderful twist. If I were to say one negative, we were invited to wait in the lounge for our table. We ordered drinks and while I had a bar drink, my wife asked for a glass of wine. We took a seat by the fireplace. Very relaxing. My drink came. Her empty glass arrived but her wine did not. After six or seven minutes I asked if there was a problem and was told the sommelier was busy and would get to us. We waited another four or five minutes. Ten minutes after I'm served, my wife gets her wine. That was poor service. If my drink arrives, so should my wife's. And the delay is unexplainable.Special Features:
- Lives up to the hype!SueazDined on 11/27/2013This restaurant comes highly recommended, with 5-star reviews. It lives up to the hype in all categories; but is expensive, so I would consider it a special occasion restaurant. The presentations of each course are artistic as well as tasty. I took a picture of my salad, which was stunningly presented, and emailed it to all my foodie friends. The service is very attentive and, at times, apparently choreographed, presenting a somewhat amusing "march of the penguins," as the food was served simultaneously to all the diners at a table, by individual servers. I was happy to see that they don't take themselves too seriously, with all the master class food that comes out of the kitchen. It is definitely worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AZ Restaurant BucketlistAzfoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2013This restaurant was excellent! I dined with my boyfriend who is not a foodie by any means but appreciates a good meal. 3 days later he is still talking about his meal and spreading the word. This restaurant offers a complete dining package. There is a wonderful menu, great wine list and an opportunity to learn more about the Native American story. I would view this as a special occasion restaurant but after dinning there I can foresee multiple visits in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013The food and service was excellent. Thanks to Feliciano. They had a car service option for $60 which was well worth it to not have to worry about having a couple cocktails and then being able to drive. The restaurant is pricey but definitely worth it if you're looking to splurge on a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten pathOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013This gem of a restaurant is set back from the highway quite a bit. Be prepared to feel like you have passed it or are going in the wrong direction. However, it is well worth it! The dishes are local sourced ingredients creatively combined to bring joy to your tastebuds. The service is attentive without being overbearing, adding to the experience. The valet service finishes the evening with chocolates and water awaiting you, as well as a personal note from you server. I will certainly be back and highly recommend dining here at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- criticizerimgameDined on 11/22/2013The food was good but a bit too pricey our only complaint.Special Features:
- KaiJoeTVIPDined on 11/20/2013This was our first time eating at Kai. It was nothing short of amazing. Food was excellent and service the best I have experienced. I would highly recommend this for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/19/2013This was my third trip to Kai, and I have been blown away every time. The food is incredible, mixing Native American ingredients with European (and other) influences. And service - I would give the service 10 stars if I could. From the moment you are greeted by the host staff to getting your car back from valet to find bottled water and chocolate in it, everyone in the party is made to feel special. Just an amazing experience all around and one of my favorite restaurants in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining experienceWilliamDined on 11/16/2013We enjoyed our meal at Kai -- great service and good food. One of the desserts ("Chocolate Wonderland") was pretty mediocre and the risotto served with the fantastic elk loin was poorly cooked, but the other dishes (lobster, escargot, lamb) were all nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.