Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
5594 W. Wildhorse Pass Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildhorsepassresort.com/
- Phone: 6023855726x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Conor Favre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: KAI announces a private transportation service. The Journey Class premier chauffeur service offers personal driver services safely to and from KAI Restaurant. As a guest of KAI, we want you to experience that personal service from the moment your night begins all the way through to its conclusion, adding a personal touch that is unmatched in our industry. This program launch will coincide with the first wine dinner and begins April 5. The cost is $60 round-trip (35 mile one-way limit) and includes up to 4 passengers. Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and can be made by calling 602-385-5726 or sending reservation request information to JourneyClassTransportation@Kai.com.
A word from Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, KAI, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Conor Favre and Chef de Cuisine Joshua Johnson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. KAI maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, denim, T-shirts and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. As a courtesy to other diners, refrain from using cell phones and laptops in the dining room; all audio visual equipment are prohibited. Thank you in advance for respecting this as an elegant and discerning adults-only fine dining environment, recommended for guests over the age of 13.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (41)romantic (39)scenic view (37)notable wine list (27)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- TreatWesleyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Don't miss this opportunity to go from Birth, Beginning to Journey at KIA, they don't miss a beat , food, service and attention to detail make this a great treat Elk unbelievable Wine decanters Reidel's best Expensive but worth the JourneySpecial Features:
- Incredible!ellaroo8Dined on 5/10/2014Anticipation was high as it had been on my list of restaurants for 3 years. It did not disappoint, rather exceeded all expectations. From the initial greet to the final thank you it was a sheer delight of food and service. Could not recommend higher!Special Features:
- Believe the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Just as portrayed. Expensive.....and awesome. Worth the splurge.Special Features:
- Favorite DiningMyKaiDined on 5/9/2014Once a year we dine at Kai. It is my husband's most favorite place. This year it was his 75th Birthday, so very special. The entire evening was a dining experience we will not forget.Special Features:
- The finest in the Valley!RoadkingVIPDined on 5/2/2014Without a doubt, the best dining experience in Phoenix. Great service, fabulous food and a great view. I have tried Kai a number of time and it is still great. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:
- A unique dining experienceBCTCDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Kai. It was truly a one of a kind dining experience. You are taken on a culinary journey that engages all of your senses. The service is exceptional with the entire staff ensuring that you feel special and welcome. The menu is unique and each dish prepared with the local ingredients at the forefront. We were very impressed. The elk loin was amazing. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Service Outshines FoodAnkleDocDined on 4/25/2014The service was impeccable led by head waiter, Robert Lamoureux. We ordered the "Short Story" tasting menu paired with the wines. Everything started off wonderfully - the Amuse, pumpkin & squash puree, Loup de Mer (seafood entrée), and grilled tenderloin of tribal buffalo were all spectacular, flavorful creations. We felt though that the meal then sank downhill. The cheese offerings were uninspired and the pear creation served for dessert was boring, uncreative, and flavorless. The wine pairings were good, although not unique. Kai is a great place for a memorable meal with the one you love! I hope the chef works to improve the artisan cheeses and desserts, as a memorable meal should have a memorable finish!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencePaulaNDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I and two friends had the most delightful evening at Kai. The food was superb and was only surpassed by the knowledgeable, attentive wait staff. The entire experience was impressive from the greeting as you entered the restaurant to the farewells from the car valet. There is not doubt that this is truly a well deserved five star restaurant! We all plan to visit Kai again at our earliest opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLuvScottsdaleDined on 4/24/2014What more can you want, superb and interesting food, well cooked and presented and a sunset to die for. All that coupled with amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way...JoanVIPDined on 4/23/2014The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. The ambience was lovely.Special Features:
- OutstandingcarylVIPDined on 4/22/2014Kai is a very special place. the food is wonderful and the service was absolutely outstanding. We were treated like favorite guests . Everyone loved his or her meal. I can't wait to go back for another celebration.Special Features:
- KaiSeasons52Dined on 4/18/2014A dining experience not just a dinner! Worth every penny you will definitely spend.Special Features:
- Kai is perfection...aharshmanDined on 4/17/2014I can't say enough about what a treasure this restaurant is. That's because the staff is magic and the food is a work of art. I'd say our whole table was almost brought to tears at the beauty of the dishes we were served at least 3 times :). Our table enjoyed the 13 course tasting and we will never forget how amazing it was. Our server, Felisciano( I hope that's right) was perfect. So friendly and knowledgeable. each assistant was great as well. I would recommend this experience to anyone. Thank you for helping us celebrate our 10th anniversary with a night we'll never forget.Special Features:
- Royal experiencetakemytimeDined on 4/15/2014I had read about Kai over the years and not one bad review, I have always wanted to go so when the opportunity came we made our reservation. I have never felt so special while dining, we were treated like royalty by everyone we encountered, from the valet to our group of very informed wait staff. The food was wonderful, there were four of us and we all tried something different, no one was disappointed, all the dishes came out from the chef looking like works of art. Would I go back? Yes, in a heartbeat. I would highly recommend Kai if you want a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- wonderful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2014Service and food were just outstanding. Every detail imaginable covered except the general ambiance could be upgraded with new tables and chairs, and perhaps carpeting. Really special experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet EveningJayBDined on 4/9/2014I recommended Kai to my friends as a perfect place to celebrate our birthdays. This would be my second visit to this gastronomical wonder! This is a one of a kind experience. Your "journey" begins as you wait to be seated. It ends when you return to your car - that is all I will say. Amazing combinations, beautiful presentations, unique offerings. You just have to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance beyond descriptionheroDined on 4/5/2014It would difficult to recall a better dining experience. From the moment of entry at the lounge to the conclusion of a small token of appreciation from the valet, it was an entirely exqusite experience. Every detail of the service and food was unparalled.Special Features:
- World Class cuisineDrmomDined on 4/5/2014Chef Johnson has put together an amazing selection of dishes using local ingredients and Native Pima Nation recipes. The Tribal Buffalo was heavenly and the Loup de Mer was amazing (and I do not like seafood!). From beginning to end it was a truly exceptional dining experience. We were celebrating my brother's birthday and he told me it was the best experience he has ever had. The staff was wonderful, the service was excellent and they treated us like VIPs. I have eaten in many world class/world famous restaurants and Kai is in that class. I never imagined I'd find this gem in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ME's BDAY DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014We have been at this establishment at least 10 times in the last 5-6 years and always enjoyed it immensely. This trip was a disaster. Cabernet was not decanted, I guess a $100 bottle of wine does not deserve it?????? Marginal soup Gluten free toast not toasted properly twice. (soft and spongy) Gluten based biscuit delivered with Foigras when they knew I was gluten free. Scallops were so salty that my wife could not eat them. Seems to be dipped in salt after cooking. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AND I DOUBT WE WILL RETURN! Completely ruined our evening.
- wonderful upscaleron1Dined on 4/3/2014Extremely attentive wait staff. Unusual menu with wide range of appetizers and entrees. Very unusual and wonderfully tasting choices. Wonderful range of tastes and presentations. Expensive, but we'll worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal ExperiencedinerDined on 4/2/2014We all had the Journey tasting menu with wine pairings. Food, wine and service were all great. A great experience, worth every penny. Service was phenomenal from greeting to leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in my mealMRChicagoDined on 4/2/2014Had the tasting menu (7-course) and recommend just selecting dishes instead of tasting menu. Felt the dishes did not go together well and 2 of the "courses" were not really courses (opening taste and sorbet palate refresher). Bison was not special and my wife's rib steak was 100 times better. No salad in taste menu - everything relatively "heavy", high fat and not that tasty... Dessert also was ordinary. I would go back - but would be more careful ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinghuskiefanDined on 3/29/2014There is a reason this is the only 5 star restaurant left in Arizona. Outstanding service....food and wine list. Ambience is quiet, elegant and tasteful. Do be prepared to pay for all of this...it's a VERY special occasion type of place. But top shelf all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild about KaiKellyjayDined on 3/29/2014Restaurant is by far the best in Phoenix. The menu has numerous interesting dishes featuring game. I started out with very moist quail and my wife had lobster done three ways. Very tasty. My elk was perfectly cooked and the mushroom risotto was exquisite. My wife's buffalo was beautiful. Wine was reasonably priced and the wait staff is courteous. Our only problem is with the Sheraton. Their sports bar is one floor below the restaurant and the din really detracted from the atmosphere at dinner. The restaurant was kind enough to move us to the back room, where we couldn't hear the noise as much. If the alternate table had not been available, the ambiance would've been a good deal worse and detracted noticeably from the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the tasting menuUnhappyDined on 3/28/2014We have dined at kai before. We choose tasting menu .. I don't know why, but I assumed the $350 was per couple (ie. sharing). But it was "per person". But before the check even came, we were discussing: The meal's theme was a mix of sweet and goat cheese. It did seem like every dish was very sweet. And we had goat cheese on at least four of the plates. Was a bit much. The wine pairing was awesome. The food at kai is really good. But the tasting menu (the Journey) is definitely not worth the expense. Stick w/ ala carte and order 5 or 6 dishes for the same price. Please don't take this as a knock against the restaurant...if you have not been there, then please do go. The service is perfect, and the food is amazing. Just avoid "the JOURNEY".Special Features:
- Fantastic meal all aroundmky84Dined on 3/25/2014So this is what AAA Five Diamond Service looks like. Personal greeting at the host counter. From that point on, my wife and I were greeted by our names. A complimentary spritzer while we waited in the bar watching the sunset over the desert landscape. A greeting by the sommelier offering to answer questions about the drink menu. An introduction by our server to the restaurant, its history, and an explanation of the custom watercolor art on the menu. A realistic description of the portion sizes of the two appetizer sections. A delicious amuse, fantastic bread service, and prompt taking of the entree orders. Beautifully plated entrees, and servers explaining all of the components on the dishes. Delicious dessert to end. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Experience In The DesertHavePalateWillTravelDined on 3/19/2014Kai would be a great restaurant anywhere in the world. Put it in San Francisco, please. It could teach the locals a thing or two about quiet elegance, about real locavore cooking and about how to construct wine lists that are at once both broad and understandable with something for virtually every taste and knowledge level.Special Features:
- WOW.....Amazing!LocalDinerDined on 3/19/2014When you want to treat yourself (or a special someone) to dinner, this is where you go! The best food you will ever have, excellent service and an amazing view. Do not hesitate to go to Kai and enjoy every moment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic blend of history,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/11/2014Fantastic blend of history, culture, and gourmet food. Service is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful dining experience!BarbDined on 3/8/2014Dining at Kai is like participating in a beautifully choreographed stage performance that envelopes you with the serenity of the Native American spirit. The Performers: very attentive and gracious wait staff; the Props - artful menus, lovely dinnerware, chilled and warmed utensils, the view (if seated at a good table); the Stars of the Show - wonderful, wonderful food presented exquisitely and exquisitely delicious; the Finale - the lovely thank you card found in our car along with chocolates and water. My husband and I had a lovely evening at Kai, a uniquely satisfying dining experience not to be found anywhere else.Special Features:
- Epicure's delightJohnVIPDined on 3/6/2014From pressing table cloths as they are placed on the table to the personalized thank you note from the server the next day Kai is a dining experience. Based on Pima creations, the Chef has developed updated presentations using locally grown ingredients. We shared an escargot/brioche choice which was excellent. Our main courses were Elk tenderloin and Lamb Loin medlallions. Both were new and different presentations to us and very pleasing to our tastes. Many items meld into a new experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedJimFromChandlerDined on 3/1/2014In our minds, before going to Kai, we envisioned it as a steakhouse, something like Flemings or Eddie V's. I read that it is the only 5-star restaurant in Phoenix or Arizona, and I really didn't know what that meant. The experience was outstanding and unexpected. It started when the reservationist called us to ask if we were celebrating any special occasion and if we had any food allergies. Upon arriving, we were greeted as "Mr & Mrs. ______" and that continued throughout the night by the entire staff. The service was well orchestrated and our main server talked to us at length about the composition of each dish, the history of the restaurant, the paintings on the walls, and so on. There's more but I'm out of room...You need to try Kai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceFantasticDined on 3/1/2014It's really not much to say about our experience at Kai, it was outstanding! If I could give more then a five, I would. We have traveled to many countries, tried out many excellent restaurant, but the service at Kai has topped it all! We were amazed! The only thing I didn't like was the decor. It was elegant, but very "flat" to me. It was not romantic at all. But it was my husband's special day, his birthday and he loved it. He loved everything. I have requested a romantic table, but we were seated in the middle of the room. I asked them to change it, but they politely diclined my request. Other then that, everything was perfect., especially the staff! The staff and the service is outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in the WestOneBudDined on 3/1/2014We have never have had the slightest negative issue with the Kai and recommend it to anyone. It is a wonderful place to take visitors to as it is unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, So-so atmosphereAZDinersVIPDined on 2/22/2014Who puts a 5 star restaurant in a 3 star hotel? Ambiance was just mediocre which definitely deterred from making this an extraordinary experience. The food was exceptional. All of our dishes were expertly prepared, beautifully plated, flavorful and tasty, the portions were adequate; neither too small nor too large and we were able to enjoy multiple choices. Our only disappointment was the Mexican chocolate soufflé that was burned on top so we sent it back and weren't charged. All in all, pretty darned good but for a $400 bill for two people, they need to up their game. Pack up the extraordinary Native American artwork and move out of the Sheraton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Great ExperienceSoyyoaquiDined on 2/21/2014We celebrated our 46th anniversary and it was a wonderful experience! The Chef sent one complimentary appetizer and one dessert...WOW! Cannot say enough about the entire time we spent there from the moment we arrived till we left. The service was outstanding, the food was delicious to say the least, the music was beautiful! We promised to go back with the rest of the family for the next special occasion. A well deserved five-star restaurant. * * * * *!!!!!!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in ArizonabenglerDined on 2/20/2014Kai certainly lived up to its reputation as far as I am concerned. Everything about the dining experience was outstanding, from the greeting to the valet bringing my wife and me our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeding high expectationsTeamMK21Dined on 2/19/2014When it comes to demanding dining expectations, ours can reasonably high, but Kai exceeded its reputation. The wine list, decor, Gila river back-drop, serene music, mouth-watering food, and attention to every detail made this a uniquely special and delightful experience for us. In addition, Quentin and his team were a welcome surprise in an industry where service often leads something to be desired. We would highly recommend Kai!!!Special Features:
- Cultural delightTfor2Dined on 2/18/2014Our family enjoyed our dining experience at Kai. The service is outstanding. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We tried menu items that were new to us and enjoyed. The chef went over the top with the chocolate dessert for my birthday. The chocolates left at the table and in our car were a surprise and delicious . We also enjoyed our note from Kevin that was left in our vehicle. The entire experience is one that we will remember and share with our friends.Special Features:
- RRJGeorgeDined on 2/18/2014The only disappointment was the vallet,last experience bottle water was placed in auto ,chocolates,thank you from chef, this time young man handed note from chef ,no chocolates and asked if we wanted a bottle of water, other than that awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.