Chart House - Atlantic City
Huron & Brigantine Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 609-340-5030x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday at 4pm
Tuesday-Friday & Sunday 4pm to 7pm - in bar and lounge only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rodney Seeberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Chart House - Atlantic City
Located in the Golden Nugget Casino, Chart House overlooks picturesque Senator Frank S. Farley Marina. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it's not hard to see why this Chart House restaurant will be a guest favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrees such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or enjoy a tender Blue Cheese Filet. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Chart House - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (285)special occasion (214)romantic (168)fit for foodies (100)good for groups (74)notable wine list (61)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (26)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Very nice, but loud and pricey44dinnerDined on 7/25/2014Four of us had dinner on a Friday evening in the summer. We had a fairly early reservation, at 6:15. Our seat was against the back wall, right text to the bar. It was very loud, making conversation somewhat challenging. Two of us had a decent view, despite the several tables between us and the windows. The other two had a view of the wall behind us. We were dining with picky eaters with dietary restrictions, but for the most part, they liked their meals. Dinner for four, with 4 appetizer salads, 3 cocktails, and no dessert was well over $200 inclusive of gratuity. The food was good, the staff was attentive, and the view was pretty, but the overall experience was nothing extraordinary. The noise and price were excessive.Special Features:
- July 25th VisitJoGeeDined on 7/25/2014Excellent, as usual. Our group always has a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent RestaurantMiMiDined on 7/24/2014We spent our 38th wedding anniversary here and I can only say that is left us with excellent memories for dining at The Chart House. My husband and I have been married a long time but we still have Saturday night as our date night. So as you can imagine we have visited many restaurants over the years. By far I can honestly say this was the best restaurant we have dined. Take time out of your busy schedule and visit the Chart House. Believe me you won't be sorry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House alwys a staple.AJS1961Dined on 7/22/2014A staple for good food, good selection, great abience and excellent service. The Australian cold water lobster tail was outstanding!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014Beautiful view and exceptional seafood. Our meal was perfectly timed from appetizers to dessert. By the way do not miss the hot lava cake for dessert. Definitely will be going back and I can't wait.Special Features:
- Still a winner.JamesVIPDined on 7/20/2014We sine at the Chart House frequently. We always enjoy the food and atmosphere. On this particular night, the Chilean sea bas however, was a little less than excellent. Sloppily presented on the plate and a little lacking is freshness. The beet salad was good however not up to usual standards at this venue. Still a winnerSpecial Features:
- Great view, excellent foodJohnnyDeeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, affordable wine list, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014I usually visit the Chart House once a week. The last 3 experiences were horrible. This was my sister's 50th birthday dinner. After waiting an hour for our food we were told that they burnt the steak and had to prepare another filet well done. When the meals were finally ready mine was so cold the butter had jelled over. They had offered us cocktails for our trouble and then billed us for them! The creamed spinach arrived as desert and we received extra side dishes that were not ordered but we were billed for them.
- Awesome View!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Impressed with the Happy Hour selections! My chicken Roma was cooked with too much butter; would have preferred EVOO for an Italian dish. Caesar salad greens were not cold and crisp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yacht watching and great foodKidsarepeople2Dined on 7/15/2014It was a stormy Wednesday night, amazing lightening show illuminated my 75 door yacht in the marina......OK, someone's yacht (4 of us arrived in a Subaru). Great wine list.. We'll made cocktails and amazing fresh fish entrees. Service was great, food we'll prepared and desert was enormous. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- A nice experiencenycfoodieDined on 7/15/2014To begin, the view and setting in the restaurant was very pretty. I did expect more attention of the waitstaff. We ordered a bottle of Proseco and waited for a long time for the waiter to come and refill our glasses. My husband ended up pouring the wine. I watched the waiter pour other people wine for them. The waiter did not seem to bother to ask us any questions i.e. was it a special occasion..and it was our anniversary.Although the rest of our meal was good the souffle was under-cooked and disappointing.Special Features:
- OrderOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Party of 8! And they forgot to put our dinner order in!
- Wonderful !!!AllieDined on 7/13/2014Second time there & will be back !!! Great place ! Everything is A 1 . Love Love It !!!! Thanks for making Our Day !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Wow, this has to be the martini capital of the world. This visit was great great food the super moon and the blue hour and great views,what could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long WaitDonnaJeanDined on 7/12/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 and was not seated until after 8:00. The food was great but the service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner...but.....donnamtVIPDined on 7/12/2014As usual, our dinner was delicious, but we have one complaint. The Deck, which is below the restaurant was EXTREMELY noisy with this LOUD music! It was so loud, one would think the band (awful - and if you call that music!!!!) was actually in the restaurant! We had a difficult time hearing each other speak! Can't wait for the fall/winter, when that Deck closes! Otherwise, our meal was great and service (Tom) was great!Special Features:
- A++JayWebDined on 7/12/2014All that us needed to say is that our food was incredible, and our service was outstanding! Great job, and highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guess our tab wasn't large enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014We dined here on Saturday. Wonderful view. Food was excellent - service, not so much. Waiter was inattentive and we had a very long wait for both our appetizer (at least 15 minutes after our cocktails came) and then gain another 20 minutes for our entrees. There was a larger group near us and it seemed that the attention was diverted there - possibly because the tip would be larger there? Also, we were celebrating my husband's retirement which I had noted in my reservation request but no mention was made of it. Dissappointing service so only 2 starsSpecial Features:
- We May Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Let me start that we used to go to the Chart House in Weehawken all the time, stopped because service started to become very bad. With this visit being our anniversary giving them one more time we went in open minded. our starters were very good, maybe the best clams casino I've had, our entrees were also very good, desserts were ok...however when that time came we were full. Service was very good would have been better if we were finished with our first course before entrees came out but that was the only issue. The view of Marina can be seen from anywhere in the dinning room and bar. Being in NJ the drunks were very loud heard all they said but couldn't hear my wife. May try Weehawken again some day after thisSpecial Features:
- Not EveryoneHappyDined on 7/12/2014The Chart House had a great view and the service was excellent. The food choices lent only to those who may try something different. If going with those who would prefer fried flounder, this is not the place to go. Would we go back...yes but knowing the menu we would be more aware of the taste of those going with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!JohnDined on 7/12/2014My Wife and I went to Chart House to Celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary!! The Restaurant is beautiful, the view you can't beat!! We thought the food was awesome!! Everything from start to finish was just what we expected. If you haven't been there it is definately worth the trip!! We will be coming back in the near future!!Special Features:
- Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed our meals very much. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and was able to answer any questions we had. Our favorite part was that they had our menus personalized as it was our wedding anniversary. it was a very nice touch.Special Features:
- Great nightchartDined on 7/10/2014Consistent food quality and service; fair price and relaxing atmosphere; clean including rest facilities; repeat customer and will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House As ExpectedWantgodfoodVIPDined on 7/9/2014My son and I dined recently at the Chart House. I had been to the one in Annapolis, Md. years ago and felt it was just ok. My son felt like seafood, so we tried the Chart House in Atlantic City since we were nearby. The dining experience was like deja vu. Scenery was lovely, but the food was just mediocre. Not worth what was paid. I tried it again now and don't feel the need to revisit any of the other ones to compare. Two are enough for me to learn a lesson.Special Features:
- Chart House - ACEileenDined on 7/8/2014Not exactly what I expected - thought dining experience would be more elegant; however, food was spectacularSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Dined there many times and the food is always delicious. Beautiful view!Special Features:
- Great View, Mediocre FoodpmshoreVIPDined on 7/6/2014You can't beat this fabulous view! The service was very good too. The food quality, however, was well below expectation. I ordered the prime rib. It was the saddest looking prime rib I have seen in a long time. I was very surprised. The same happened last time I was at Chart House. I thought it was a fluke so I tried again. My friend had a seafood dish which was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great placeFoodluverDined on 7/5/2014I look forward to having dinner at here every time I'm in brigantine. My favorite appetizer is the crab, avocado, & mango stack. The beet salad is amazing. Any entree I've ordered has been great as well as the food my husband and friends have ordered. If you enjoy mojitos, have the bartender step it up to a "mojito lux". Definitely give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerdoc204Dined on 7/5/2014This is the third time I've been to this restaurant. The food is always good, and the view is great. Service this time was subpar. It started with the hostess who told us we had a half hour wait for our reservation, so we sat at the bar and got drinks and appetizers. 10 minutes after we got them, she told us our table was ready and tried to hurry us up. After we settled our bar bill, they didn't even offer to take our appetizers over to our table. Our waiter got 2 of our orders wrong. He asked us if we wanted bread, and after saying yes, he didn't bring it until after we asked again. I should point out though that the first 2 times we were there, the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and Service!!!bestVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had the BEST waiter!!! JOE!!! Food was fantastic and scenery was the BEST!!! It was my sons Birthday and he was thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!TursiGroupDined on 7/5/2014Professional servers we have seen there at least several years, soothing decor, interesting speciality drinks. I had the crusted snapper. Delicious. We love this restaurant, even for just a cocktail and appetizers in the bar. And, the best bloody Mary around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warmthDined on 7/5/2014Our experience was very good. We were greeting iwith a smile, taken to our table right away. The flavor of the food was very good. the only bad comment, was that the food was not hot. We will return, but ask our server to bring the food out right away.Special Features:
- GreatAllieDined on 7/4/2014Everything was perfect, from the hostess, waitress, to the busboy !! Second time there First time I had Scallops, they were great, my wife had Lobster to die for were her words !!! Last time me stuffed flounder which was good but I did not care for the crabmeat stuffing . Wife had stuffed scrimp she did not like the crabmeat either !! Our waitress was Julie, she is a wonderful waitress with a lovely personality !!!!!Special Features:
- Hmmm???IvanDined on 7/3/2014Just a little disappointment in my server's selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kjt5Dined on 7/3/2014Worst Chart House I've been too. Very loud and no privacy between tables. Needs plants or something. Drinks took long and never got the last one ordered. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014Ambiance, food and service were all outstanding. The view from the window -of the marina and beyond- is also quite outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food and large portionsCaraVIPDined on 7/1/2014Waiter was excellent and food was outstanding at our entire table. My only complaint wS that the appetizer course wasn't even done and they brought our main entrees. Lava cake was worth ordering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuvthisplaceDined on 6/29/2014Awesome job! This restuarant even had an anniversary wish personalized on our menu!Special Features:
- JenniferVIPDined on 6/29/2014We normally have great service and great food. However, this time, we were disappointed. We were sat almost 15 minutes after our reservation. Our table was next to a party of about 10 who were very rowdy which I know is hard to control. However, I'm sure the ever flowing drinks did not hurt their volume and that is something that maybe could have been curtailed as the other tables around us were also displeased with what was going on. I had my two step children with us and did not want to cause a fuss. When we did get our food, it was not as good as it normally is but we were all very hungry. We were there almost 2 hours. This was very odd for a Sunday night.Special Features:
- Food took way too long!DINEMAn123Dined on 6/28/2014Nice check in - apps arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Took over 45 minutes an our entrees didn't arrive - they turned over 2 tables in the meantime. We caviled waiter over - he went to the kitchen and coma out and stated that our food would come in 15 minutes. The maitre'd came over asked how everything was going and we told hi m of the wait. He said "i'm sorry" and walked away. That's it. Well food came over the chilean sea bass was over cooked, and certainly not worth the wait. VERY DISAPPOINTED ESPECIALLY IN THE MAITRE'D - NOT OFFERING AT LEAST SOMETHING - TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL - TOP IT OFF FOOD WASN'T GOOD AT ALL….Special Features: