92 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nuovoworcester.com/
- Phone: 5087965915x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 4:00PM until Close
Saturday - Noon until close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Aleksander Gjonca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nuovo offers a large catering menu. The menu is listed on line at www.nuovoworcester.com. We can customize based on your preference. All catering inquiries must be directed to Loreta Gjonca for further assistant.
- Entertainment: Nuovo offers a full bar with a 46 seat lounge area and a grand baby piano playing live music every weekend.. There are two TV's for viewing as well as a patio area for outdoor dining. The second floor offers 2 private rooms, equipped with TV monitors and Wi-Fi, one private beautiful bar and a dancing floor. There is music playing for diners but private functions may bring a DJ, band or other live entertainment for their personal usage.
- Special Events: Nuovo will be hosting several special events throughout the year.
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is complimentary valet on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 5 pm until 1 am. There is also a private parking lot in the back which fits about 20 cars.
A word from Nuovo Restaurant
Nuovo Restaurant is located on 92 Shrewsbury St, with ample parking in the rear of the building (Hill St), and complimentary Valet Parking service. Voted Best New Restaurant in Worcester. Serves Italian cuisine with Mediterranean flare, extensive wine list. It is a warm, friendly, food-focused environment. Perfect place to have dinner with family, a group of friends, or a date night. The 2 private dinning rooms with dancing floor and WIFI available are ideal for a seat down dinner up to 90 guests, or a cocktail party up to 150, and everything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Nuovo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Nuovo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (30)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (15)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- very good overall ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2011Restaurant was not impressive from outside but is surrounded by other notable restaurants on this very busy street. Free valet parking is a nice touch. Inside was nicer with a busy small.bar and a quiet dining room. Food was really good and staff was excellent.Special Features:
- our experience was much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2011our experience was much better than when it was "tribeca". everything was fantastic & the prices are great. you can't beat a $5 martini on a friday at rush hour in worcester! most places only serve them til 6:00 or so.Special Features:
- Why go here and not to 10 better?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011With all the Italian restaurants in the neighborhood, we'll never return. The service was truly outstanding. The problem was that the food was either not very good or simply unremarkable. The Mediterranian salad had NONE of the olives, mozzarella, walnuts, roasted peppers, etc on the menu, looked more like chopped salad and we sent it back . The Caprese had sad hothouse tomatoes - in early September! The bread was tasteless and cold - the bruchetta (same cold bread, not "grilled foccaccia")was topped with chopped tomatoes. The cheese ravioli was grainy; the salmon (good) was supposed to be stuffed with lobster (no). The veal caciatore was good. $201 for 5 with drinks & wine, not bad but they really have to get a lot better or they'll fail.
- Nuovo has a fabulous menu.RallyDined on 9/2/2011Nuovo has a fabulous menu. The one draw back is that they seat everyone in the bar area. They have a beautiful dining room that is not being used. When we arrived they sat us next to the windowed wall and had the slidiing doors opened. There are tables outside and people smoking that wafted into our table. They remedied this quickly when brought to their attention. The bar area gets very noisy. There were 3 girls at the front desk, vey young, not sure why they needed 3. It appears they don't have a large # of wait staff. I only say 2 people.Special Features:
- Front eating area very noisyCharlotte7753VIPDined on 8/31/2011Front eating area very noisy with the glass doors open to the street. IF you want to have a dinner conversation without the chance of sirens, eat in the rear dining area when on the first floor.Special Features:
- Fish main courses were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2011Fish main courses were excellent. Service attentive. Owner stopped by our table and noticing our wine was not cold enough (we asked that it be sent back to further chill) she ordered a wine upgrade for us at no charge. The front was open to the street which is nice except for traffic noise. Overall really liked the food and service.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2011The filet mignon was not actually a filet - it was the worst cut of beef I've ever had. The restaurant was EMPTY on a Saturday night - which should tell you something...will never go again.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011This was our second visit to Nuovo and WONT BE OUR LAST !! We ate in the bar area which allowed us to enjoy the nice music. Our waitress was truly outstanding, the food was excellent and the staff was very generous.Special Features:
- The food was great. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011The food was great. Atmosphere was very appealing. Our waitress was delightful. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- We tried the Restaurant WeekjdeeVIPDined on 8/12/2011We tried the Restaurant Week menu. Everything was fresh and well-prepared. The stuffed salmon was quite good and very satisfying. The other items (appetizers and a vegetarian lasagne) were standard and adequate Shrewsbury Street Italian.
- was very disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2011was very disappointed in the food. The meatball appetizer tasted like bad meatloaf-the sauce was awful on the lasagna-no taste at all. will not go back-
- The Best LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011The food was fantastic. We started with the marinated baby octopus, it was tender and flavorful and melted in our mouths, you cannot find anything like this anywhere else in the city!! For dinner we had the Lobster special that night, it was a whole 1 lb lobster sauteed in the shell with a delicous sauce and pasta. Visually the dish was a work of art, and it tasted as good as it looked. My friend ordered the grilled filet, it was cooked perfectly and came with ortega rice (rice with parm cheese, spinach and fresh garlic), totally yummy. We couldn't order dessert because we were so full, but we are planning to go back for more.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic!!!! ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2011Food was fantastic!!!! There were 3 of us and none of us had any complaints just kudos to the chef!Special Features:
- Wine choices were good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2011Wine choices were good and reasonably priced. My husband said his appetizer and entree were good but not great and his dessert (coffee creme brule) was poor. My entree, salmon in a lobster sauce stuffed with spinach), was very good, and my dessert, lemoncello sorbet, was excellent.
- Our second visit to NuovoJPSPATHVIPDined on 7/29/2011Our second visit to Nuovo left us just as satisfied as our first. The bar is a notch above most and the wine list seems to be expanding and improving. The regular menu is very good and the specials offered a wide variety of additional tasty choices. Service was helpful and friendly from the valet parking attendants, to the hostess, waitress and even the busboy. Overall a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- my gf and i had been hearingangrychefDined on 7/23/2011my gf and i had been hearing good things about this place, so we decided to try it out for dinner. i made a reservation for 7pm on a saturday through open table. i was kind of surprised that i was able to make a 7pm sat reservation the day of at 3 in the afternoon. that perhaps may have been my first red flag. the patio was empty as we entered and the bar had about 2 people in it - the bartender and a floor manager. another ominous sign. we were asked if we wanted lounge or dining room seating. from the door, i could see that the lounge was partially filled. not wanting to risk sitting entirely alone in the more formal dining room, we opted for lounge seating. the waitress came quickly with an offer for drinks and water. we took a few mome
- Very good new restaurant.JPSPATHVIPDined on 7/1/2011Very good new restaurant. Great bar selection (4 kinds of Johnnie Walker), awesome food and great service.Special Features:
- Newly opened...Both my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2011Newly opened...Both my wife and I had great meals...We split a salad for an appetizer, which was wonderful and plenty for the two of us. The wait staff was great and we would definately return for a second time. Five dollar martinis !!!Special Features:
- The decor had a chain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011The decor had a chain restaurant feel, the cocktails were terrible, and the wine list was inadequate. To compete as a new restaurant on Shrewsbury street, they really need to step it up. Especially with Via and the Chophouse across the street and in the same price range.