Milagro on Queen West
783 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1G1Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Queen West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4163662855
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Milagro Cantinas offer full offsite catering specializing in classic Mexican cuisine. If you are planning an intimate reunions or a large party, we can cater it. For further information contact Arturo Anhalt at 416 487 2855
- Private Party Facilities: Milagro offers classic Mexican cuisine for parties of any size. Milagro Queen west has a beautiful 2nd floor ideal for closed door functions & an intimate 3rd floor mezzanine perfectly suited for smaller cocktails, dinner or meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Alvarez 4163662855
- Entertainment: At Milagro Queen West you can enjoy groovy latin salsa jazz every Thursday starting at 8:30pm. On Fridays & Saturdays our 2nd floor bar, La Perla, features local DJs, live tropical music or funky latin beats.
A word from Milagro on Queen West
Milagro Queen West, part of the Milagro Cantinas family, is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & many others. We serve dinner daily at 5:30pm, lunch Thursday to Saunday at 12:00pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 783 Queen St., west of Bathurst St., in the heart of the West Queen West District. Gen Manager: Roberto Alvarez Kitchen Manager: Luke Wilson Visítanos pronto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Queen West - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Milagro on Queen West reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Made a reservation with openPandTDined on 9/2/2011Made a reservation with open table but was sat in the upstairs lounge area behind the bar, next time I hope we get a better seat, as it looked like there was space in the actual restaurant on the first floor or second. Food is amazing though!
- It was okay, The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2011It was okay, The food was fresh and tasty except I was not impressed bythe service, and the timing between apps and mains was poorly done. would I return, meh, maybe if I'm in the area, but i wouldn't set any plans to head back.
- Love it! I took friends hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2011Love it! I took friends here from out of town and they loved it. Great food and great atmosphere.
- I wish I knew more about MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011I wish I knew more about Mexican food, or even how to pronounce the names. For years I was convinced that I didn't like Mexican cuisine, but Milagro set me straight. I love all the flavours of the hot peppers, coriander, sweet onions, avocado. Great Dessert too.Special Features:
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2011The food is excellent and the service is knowledgeable and fun. Great place for lunch or dinner, and the margaritas (especially the Pepino) are outstanding! Don't debate, just get the large.Special Features:
- Milagro's on QueenAndyPDined on 7/23/2011Had an excellent meal this past weekend at Milagro's Mexican Cantina on Queen West. Went with my folks and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Started with a half order of guacamole (which is plenty for 3 ppl) which was excellent. Me and my dad ordered the enchiladas rojas (which is a favourite of mine), and they were delicious, smothered in a red chipotle sauce with a side of rice and beans. My mom ordered a vegetarian burrito and she was very happy with it. Also had a round of margarita's (slightly overpriced at $8.50) but they were made with care and we were all impressed. Service could've been better, our waiter wasn't overly friendly but that didn't sour the experience. Ambience is great. Overall - 8/10Special Features:
- we had another amazing meal.princepessaDined on 7/14/2011we had another amazing meal. the staff were very attentive and spent a lot of time explaining the different options and the "heat" associated with each. Each item we ordered was delicious. We would recommend this place to all our friends. the sangria was also a "must try". the only negative was that the musical duo was situated right by our table and when they started playing it was difficult to hear our conversation.Special Features:
- Great Mexican food - the guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2011Great Mexican food - the guacamole is always amazing.Special Features:
- A little overpriced but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2011A little overpriced but the food (ceviche, enchiladas, seared snapper) was good and margaritas fantastic!Special Features:
- Okay... the food was bland...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011Okay... the food was bland... not very authentic either. The music was SO loud... The waitress was super sweet, but she forgot our orders, mixed up orders, forgot to bring us water/drinks. took FOREVER.
- Terrific serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2011We purchased the Team Buy deal for Milagro and were very excited to try it - we were not disappointed! The food was very authentic - $4.95 Sangria Thursday's didn't hurt either! Our server was absolutely fantastic and definitely made our experience that much better. I hear the patio is great but it was raining so we weren't able to sit outside. Live music at 8:30 is a nice touch - the only somewhat disappointment was we made reservations a few days prior and were somewhat disappointed with our table. It would have been nice to be downstairs with all the action! Overall great experience - live in the area so definitely will go back and will recommend to others!Special Features:
- Probably not a typical experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2011Probably not a typical experience. We were a party of 10 and the restaurant was also hosting a wedding up stairs. The food took forever. The service was not attentive. When the food did come most of it was cold. Two members of the table had to wait an additional 10 minutes before their food came, which I hate because everyone feels bad starting to eat.
- Best Mexican in Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011Try the fish tacos. They are heavenly! But come back and try other dishes as well, as everything is delicious including the tuna tostados and the grilled shrimp dinner with lemon chili seasoning. So good!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. WeprincepessaDined on 6/11/2011The food was fantastic. We had a difficult time choosing our food because the selection was great. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Overall HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2011The food overall was good and seemed quite authentic. The food is well priced but the drinks are on the pricey side. The servers were too eager to pick up the plates, but other than that, the servers were informative.Special Features:
- Service was bang on. EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011Service was bang on. Everyone was very attentive but not annoying. Drinks were watery, the Sangria was a fail. Go for the Margarita. Food was really REALLY good.Special Features:
- restaurants are not only for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2011food was good and I could feel that our server was trying to be nice. However, a tortilla we asked additionally never came. First, our server took a wrong order and we needed to ask again. Then she took the right order, but It took more than 30 minutes, so we decided to cancel it. They should let us know in advance, if those basic things will take such long time. Also, they didn't bring the bill for a while. Their food was good, but the service can make the experience worse.Special Features:
- Great food as usual!citichixVIPDined on 5/21/2011We were not able to sit downstairs as usual which was unfortunate; the mood and ambiance is entirely different upstairs. Eventually we moved out to the patio which was OK. The built-in box seats around the perimeter are not comfortable and are built too high, thank goodness the boys sat there in our case. The music was a little loud. The food is exceptional as usual. We shared the Ensalada de la Casa a very tasty and refreshing salad of mango, jicama, avocado and cucumber with a sweet yet tangy lime dressing. I had the Veulve a la Vida Ceviche and my home had the Mole. Both very tasty!Special Features:
- A girlfriend and I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2011A girlfriend and I went there on a Friday night. The servers were very knowledgeable and friendly for the most part. It is probably one of the better Mexican restaurants in the city. My dish (enchiladas) was pretty flavourful, I enjoyed it. My friend got the chicken tinga and it looked like an open faced taco with shredded rather than ground meat. The salsa was the highlight as it was freshly made and authentic.Special Features:
- Mucho DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2011I was excited to go here after looking at the menu online - there were great options (even vegetarian) and I like spicy food. Unfortunately I did not like my meal at all. The service was terrible too; it was cinqo de mayo so it was quite busy but there were lots of people working so there was no excuse. After our drinks were done no one came by the table for about 45 minutes to see if we wanted another drink. And we were served by 3 separate people &the same person never returned for a second time. They did not even come to clear our table until we stacked the plates ourselves. Everyone was very friendly but the service was slow, inconsistent and the food was mucho disappointing. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Queen St. location: Of allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2011Queen St. location: Of all the Mex restaurants that we've eaten at in Toronto (and largely been disappointed in), this one had the best Enchiladas Mole and Guacamole that we've come across so far. Too much ice in the Classic Margaritas but the flavor was spot on. Host and waiter were friendly and did a good job. Thumbs up.Special Features:
- Great Food, service hit or miss...citichixVIPDined on 4/29/2011Food is always excellent, although service can be a bit hit or miss; it's not that there aren't enough wait staff, just the opposite. Lot's of people running around, but little service! We had a bit later reservation on a Friday night (8pm instead of our usual 7:30) so the place was a bit noisier than our usual experience - but definitely fun. After 9 the noise died down and it was a little empty. My favourite seats are across from the bar - we always seem to get better attention there.Special Features: