Milagro on Queen West
783 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1G1Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Queen West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4163662855
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Milagro Cantinas offer full offsite catering specializing in classic Mexican cuisine. If you are planning an intimate reunions or a large party, we can cater it. For further information contact Arturo Anhalt at 416 487 2855
- Private Party Facilities: Milagro offers classic Mexican cuisine for parties of any size. Milagro Queen west has a beautiful 2nd floor ideal for closed door functions & an intimate 3rd floor mezzanine perfectly suited for smaller cocktails, dinner or meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Alvarez 4163662855
- Entertainment: At Milagro Queen West you can enjoy groovy latin salsa jazz every Thursday starting at 8:30pm. On Fridays & Saturdays our 2nd floor bar, La Perla, features local DJs, live tropical music or funky latin beats.
A word from Milagro on Queen West
Milagro Queen West, part of the Milagro Cantinas family, is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & many others. We serve dinner daily at 5:30pm, lunch Thursday to Saunday at 12:00pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 783 Queen St., west of Bathurst St., in the heart of the West Queen West District. Gen Manager: Roberto Alvarez Kitchen Manager: Luke Wilson Visítanos pronto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Queen West - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Milagro on Queen West reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Sangria + Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013I found Milagro recommended on blogto.com. They suggested the tacos and the sangria....so that's what we got! The sangria was great, not too sweet and very delicious. We also ordered the guacamole which was great! The tacos however, were sub-par. They were very salty, overpriced and definitely did not meet our expectations. However, the service was great and the upstairs patio is a nice atmosphere. I would go back for the guacamole, ambience and drinks but not sure about the tacos!Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/30/2013I went to milagro with a Mexican friend of mine...he was very pleased with the food and said that the food was very close to what you can find in Mexico. I will definitely come back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great evening atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013We had a great evening at Milagro on Queen West. Initially they seated in the back of the first floor, right by the open concept kitchen. Way to hot for our group. They were extremely accommodating and moved to a great table by the window on the second floor. Service was fantastic. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Guac was delish and I loved my shrimp tacos - they came highly recommended. I will return!
- BuenoBernbyDined on 3/30/2013Mexican is tricky if you don't start with the simple basics, but you needn't worry @ Milagro. The neighbourhood gem is ideally situated in the heart of Queen West and is warm and lively. The menu has all the usual suspects, plus a wide selection of beers, tequilas and great michelada's (beer with lime, spices, and a variety of kickers like tabasco, worchestershire, etc.) Awesome list of meats and tortillas, etc. Book reservations early, and ask to sit downstairs if you're only 2 or 4. More going on as you're close to the bar and kitchen.Special Features:
- every thing was great , butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013every thing was great , but the restaurant was extremely hot , the food was very good and the mixed drinks were also very good , my only complaint was the lack of fresh or cool air in the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food was alright, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2013Food was alright, service was horrible. Food took forever to arrive and no one came by to apologize. Didnt really have a good experience at this location.Special Features:
- The food was okay. I wouldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The food was okay. I wouldn't say it was great but pretty good. We ordered appetizers which were very good. Our main meal was okay. The margarita was very good so all in all is was okay. Would I go again, probably not but I wouldn't discourage anyone else to try it. It's a great neighbourhood place to eat and just hang.Special Features:
- There is a lot of great MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013There is a lot of great Mexican restaurants in Toronto - this is not one of them. The chicken chipotle tacos I ordered did not taste like chicken, or chipotle. They actually had no flavour at all - strange! Take a pass and head to Playa Cabana, Mexico Lindo or Dos Amigos instead.
- Fantastic restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Fantastic restaurant with a lot of chose and a very well curated menu for both food and drink. I highly recommend the Michelada Especial a great drink!Special Features:
- The food was great. The problemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013The food was great. The problem was that we were ignored for most of the night. We had to ask 3 times to get a drink, and had to ask 2 times for our food, which arrived cold. We had 4-5 different people serving us. The fact that I was there with my mom made me feel like the staff didn't think we were cool enough. I work in a restaurant . I know mistakes can happen when it gets busy, but at my restaurant, if we serve food late or cold, we tell the manager and he apologizes and comps some of the meal.Special Features:
- This place was great the onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013This place was great the only thing i didn't like was being charged an extra $2.50 to have salad instead of rice and beans as a side but then receiving a tiny salad of diced tomatoes onions and barely any lettuce. I am not exaggerating i am talking the size of my palm. I for sure will go back cause the taco rosarito was amazing but will not get ripped off for a non existent salad again. The tequila was so smooth and i was very impressed with the servers knowledge behind the tequila list. Overall salad rip off aside great experience!Special Features:
- First time visiting Milagro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013First time visiting Milagro's after hearing a lot about it and it definitely lived up to it's expectations. Everything from the the food to the ambiance was perfect for it's vibe. I had the Chicken Burrito and it was fab - just the perfect blend of ingrediants and not too cheesy! The buttery corn on the side was the perfect compliment. I loved the feel inside the restaurant and it gave off just the right amount fun plus intimacy. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Have been going there forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013Have been going there for the last couple of years. The quality & quantity of the food and service is declining. Will not go back again.
- Food was really great. LargeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Food was really great. Large portion sizes and reasonably priced. The wait staff was very attentive, and the hostess was really friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The waitress spent the wholeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013The waitress spent the whole evening making fun of us for how much food we ordered. (One appetizer and one entrée each) which made our evening. - our anniversary - very uncomfortable. Strange since the bigger the order, the bigger the tip. Oh well. ::
- Guacamole is really good;OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2013Guacamole is really good; Sangria is ok; Burritos are not adequate; service is slow and sometimes not friendly.
- The food was amazing but nextOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The food was amazing but next time I would request to not sit near the kitchen in the back. It's way too loud and hot!Special Features:
- Good guac, terrible tortillaangelaDined on 1/18/2013Good guac, terrible tortilla chips, fair entrees, a fun place though. We really enjoyed our evening. It is a great place for a fun, energetic evening. It is not the place to go if you want good Mexican food.Special Features:
- Mexicana comido heche muy bien.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013One of my favourite eateries in TO and like this Milagro the most. The menu is like a travel - cook book of Mexico. Nothing better! And everything is made very well.Special Features:
- This was not my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012This was not my first time at Milagro and it won't be my last. The food, as always, was fresh and authentic. This review, however, is about the service, which was outstanding. I had made a reservation in error for 8 people - booked it a day earlier than I wanted. Oops! I received a call from the restaurant after I was 30 minutes "late" and, despite the obvious trouble I must have caused, the staff person was extremely courteous and friendly and, without even a hint of frustration in her voice, just rebooked our table for the next day. To make matters worse, when we arrived (on the "correct" day), our party of 8 had shrunk to a 6. Again, not a whisper of frustration on the part of the staff. We were seated and margaritas were underwaSpecial Features:
- really excellent, varied menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012really excellent, varied menu and food was superb; good and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Pretty good food althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2012Pretty good food although side dishes were cold and Caesar salad was very soggy. Noise level combined with loud music was unpleasant. Might be better to go for lunch if you're not into the loud bar scene.Special Features:
- We have been to Milagro onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012We have been to Milagro on previous occasions and thought the food was quite good. This time however the food quality had significantly deteriorated. Also all three of us had stomach issues shortly after eating the food. The service was friendly and efficient. Hopefully this was an isolated experience.
- Great place for authentic,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Great place for authentic, fresh and delicious Mexican food! A must-try are the tacos rosarita. Service is always friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- We went there for my Daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/4/2012We went there for my Daughter's Birthday, Really good spicy Authentic Mexican food, careful though some of it can be really hot~ They make a great variety of Margaritas, and a lot of the food has good size portions that you can share and therefore experience a variety of tastes, lots of fun. Great service with very knowlegeable staff that will explain the different food items. We will return!!Special Features:
- The food wasn't as good asMememeDined on 12/1/2012The food wasn't as good as the last time i ate there...however, I did have shrimp tacos that were authentic. The drinks are a little pricey for what you get. My main problem was it was super noisy... I might go back but i wasn't blown away. I like their Yonge/Lawrence location better.
- Love Milagro every time.FawntasticDined on 11/20/2012Love Milagro every time. Especially love visiting on a Tuesday because it's half price margarita night. The tuna ceviche is wonderful and I love the simplicity of their caesar salad.Special Features:
- good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2012Appies are good, Small margarettas are very small ... go for the large.. Mains are solid MexicanSpecial Features:
- Good resto. Sit in front part.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Great food. Service was OK. Table by the kitchen was not ideal...wouldn't sit there again. But would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Good margarita's, OK Guac,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Good margarita's, OK Guac, food was fine, a bit bland overal with a heavy reliance on hot sauce to compensate.
- Loved it. Had my 40th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Loved it. Had my 40th birthday dinner there. Was awesome. Would go again for sure.Special Features:
- very good mexican food. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012very good mexican food. service was great thy recommended good choices for it beig my first time there. ambiance was nice abit on the darker side but great for date or groups.Special Features:
- Service was great. UnfortunatelyBeahrDined on 11/2/2012Service was great. Unfortunately they forgot certain dishes which cam way later than others.Special Features:
- Mexicana at its best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2012After reading other positive reviews about Milagro, my cousin & I tried it out on 28/10/2012 for dinner. We were impressed with ambiance, food, drinks & customer service. The manager - Matt Greene - came over to us and introduced himself. His personality was warm & friendly. The portion sizes for the appetizers, main course and desserts were generous and sumptious. Definitely, we'll go, again!Special Features:
- Delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012I have been to a few Mexican places and I've had my fair share of Mexican food. Milagro was, by far, the best experience yet. Delicious food, wonderful (and knowledgeable staff), kind buskers and bar folk and all very hardworking. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Request a seat that is NOTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012Request a seat that is NOT next to the kitchen--the one of the chef's was literally screaming about a foot away from us all evening, even after a request for him to speak softer. It sort of killed our night. The food was great though.Special Features:
- Way too expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2012Way too expensive for what it was - will not be returning again (although the service and the ambiance were great, the food or its price just weren't good enough).Special Features:
- I went to Milagro for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2012I went to Milagro for a family dinner to celebrate 2 birthdays. Our group unexpectedly turning from 4 to 5 and the staff were very accommodating. Service could be slow at times. One of the assistants tried to take our plates away before we finished on 2 occasions. It made us feel unwanted and as though they were getting to get us out as quickly as possible. Ihad made abit in my reservation if they could do anything special for the birthdays, nothing was done and nothing was mentioned. Food was delicious as always.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I would describe our Milagro experience as just "ok". We all found the food to be average, with the exception of the guacamole which was delicious. I had the chicken taco and my husband had a burrito and we both found the tortilla to be stale and the whole dish generally lacking flavour. The service also fell into the average range - we continually had to flag down our waiter when we wanted to order another drink or when we wanted the bill. However, he was very kind. With all the amazing restaurants on Queen West, I doubt I would visit Milagro again.Special Features:
- Experience was great! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Experience was great! We had a group of 8 for my wife's birthday. We were seated upstairs in our own private area. We had a very attentive and experienced server who has been working there for 2.5 years. He made some great recommendations from the beer to the main. Try the bottled Mexican dark beer... its great! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating was because my wife's dish (the tuna tacos) were so spicy that she couldn't finish it... good thing her brother's innards are lined with wax a la Homer Simpson! I had a bite, and yeah, it was a scorcher but still tasty. Her brother loves spicy foods and he was in heaven. Oh, and we brought in our own cake and they stored it, served it (with our candles) at no extra charge. :)Special Features: