Milagro on Queen West
783 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1G1Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Queen West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4163662855
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Milagro Cantinas offer full offsite catering specializing in classic Mexican cuisine. If you are planning an intimate reunions or a large party, we can cater it. For further information contact Arturo Anhalt at 416 487 2855
- Private Party Facilities: Milagro offers classic Mexican cuisine for parties of any size. Milagro Queen west has a beautiful 2nd floor ideal for closed door functions & an intimate 3rd floor mezzanine perfectly suited for smaller cocktails, dinner or meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Alvarez 4163662855
- Entertainment: At Milagro Queen West you can enjoy groovy latin salsa jazz every Thursday starting at 8:30pm. On Fridays & Saturdays our 2nd floor bar, La Perla, features local DJs, live tropical music or funky latin beats.
A word from Milagro on Queen West
Milagro Queen West, part of the Milagro Cantinas family, is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & many others. We serve dinner daily at 5:30pm, lunch Thursday to Saunday at 12:00pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 783 Queen St., west of Bathurst St., in the heart of the West Queen West District. Gen Manager: Roberto Alvarez Kitchen Manager: Luke Wilson Visítanos pronto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Queen West - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Milagro on Queen West reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- last minute reso=fantastic new findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Our original choice for dinner was booked up so we ended up here. It was a last minute reso so we were seated in the back next to the open kitchen. When I come back I will book earlier and request a seat upstairs. But besides the noise we had a great time. Service was attentive and all the food and drink recommendations we were given were bang on. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to this restaurant everyYummyDined on 2/15/2014I go to this restaurant every 1-2 months when I am in Toronto and it is one of my favorites for Mexican food. Service is generally good but on this particular night we were left waiting for a very long time, never were asked if we wanted more drinks, etc. We were going to order dessert but left because of the poor, slow service. Would return again however as this was an abnormality as far as my experiences have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodMissj11Dined on 2/15/2014They got out order wrong but never came back to check on us so we got what we got! Good was ok.. Won't be back.
- Good place to experiment andnanananaDined on 2/14/2014Good place to experiment and try new foods. Won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a tasty experiencecitichixVIPDined on 1/25/2014Milagro on Queen is our go-to Mexican restaurant; food is well priced and always quite delicious. Katy is very welcoming and always has a moment to chat no matter how busy she is (and they were quite busy on Saturday). Even though we made reservations and they had a table for us, we sat at the bar which is a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milagro on Queen W.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2014The restaurant is cozy, somewhat dark and intimate. We sat in the front window as we had our 4-year old with us and didn't want to bug any of the more romantic tables-of-two near the bar. The service was fast and attentive. We received homemade chips and salsa immediately, and were quite pleased when they returned quickly with some authentic margaritas, but also with a kids menu! The kids menu was happily devoid of the usual chicken fingers; instead with several mexican themed options all of which come with mexican rice and salad. The food was delicious, authentic and service was great; it's approachable enough for any night, but still enough ambiance for date night. We'll be returning soon.Special Features:
- Good MexicanFudluvDined on 12/28/2013The food at Milagro was good. Very tasty guacamole and great margaritas. Service unattentive an slow.Special Features:
- cosy spot on cold nightswogirlDined on 12/23/2013One of three same-owner Mexican restaurants in Toronto. Goes above "Tex-Mex". Great, tasty soupa with tortillas - a rich, smokey and spicy broth, chunks of avocado and other goodies. Very warming on a cold night. Good assortment of soft-tortilla fish tacos. The shrimp was excellent, the tilapia with homemade"coleslaw" a nice combo of soft and crunchy, spicy and cool. Lots of beer, tequila and margarita options, too. Many other entrees on the menu, including the usual enchiladas and moles - all looked good. Flan plus cafe de olla a great way to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food safety/prep a bit of a concernFoodieDined on 12/13/2013Milagro does do a few things well - drinks are generously sized, food was generally pretty authentic and the ambiance was fun. The downside relates to some food prep/safety concerns. With our appetizer (guacamole) one of us took a bite and unfortunately almost ate a sticker that must have come from the outside of a tomato. Not a huge deal but lead us to wonder how carefully the produce is being washed before chopping (if at all)? The second point of concern is that my husband almost swallowed a small chunk of glass that made its way into his drink. It was a little alarming because if he had swallowed it, no doubt some serious damage could have occurred. Milagro did comp our desert & one drink but don't think we will return.Special Features:
- Super Delicious/Service HelpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013We had a group of 7, so were able to try a number of items. Fish tacos (tacos le perla) was delicious, Chirizo is highly recommended, their salsa is so yummy. All other items were good as well. I would also recommend their margarita, that is SO DAMN GOOD! virgin version works as well. It was a Sunday night and less busy so I don't know if this changes anything but the service was very helpful and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish i had nice things to saysallllllllllllllDined on 12/6/2013My friends and i were really into eating mexician food. The place we wanted to dine at on dupont st was booked solid for the next two months…so we came here. I am sorry we did. The establishment itself is a nice building…nice inside…..poor heating….sitting near the large windows was unbearably cold….as was elsewhere after we moved. Mainly the food was not great. It was ok, but not great. Sangria tasted odd, the meal itself was uninspiring, and the service very slow. Throughout the meal we were saddened by the fact we didn't go to Terroni, which was just across the street. I am sorry i have to give this review. This place has so much potential.
- Delicious!meat4meDined on 11/30/2013The food at Milagro was great! Tasty and nice presentation. we were there for an early dinner on a Saturday, so it was still quiet, and calm...not sure if it gets noisier in there when it is busier. The staff was friendly, however, my co-diner and I were sharing 2 dishes, and the first one came out, the Enchilada was awesome - the server came to take away our dishes and offer us dessert, at which point we asked where our 2nd dish was?? He was extremely apologetic, although did not really explain what happened, and he brought it out shortly after...fresh and piping hot. Delicious. Hopefully that was a one-off screw-up on their part. Definitely get the guacamole..outstanding!Special Features:
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Service was excellent, friendly and efficicient butthe food was not exceptional. It was not quite the authentic Mexican cuisine. Especially the Tortilla Soup was anything but a real Mexican Tortilla soup. It was made with some paste of thick chipotle sauce with a few nachos thrown in and extemely hot. I also found that the price with respect to the quality was disproportionate. In general, I liked it but I wouldn't go back.
- Amazing food!Foodie75VIPDined on 10/28/2013The food was very tasty & the staff were very pleasant & knowlegeable, especially when it came to their tequilas. Great experience here, I have been back since my initial visit and will definitey continue to come!Special Features:
- Too much hypeSugarBabeDined on 10/26/2013The Restaurant was too dark. All 4 people could not see anything on the menu. All of us had to pull out our smart phone and use them as flashlights. The restaurant was very noisy. We could not carry on a conversation. Food was OK . Over all was not impress and will not go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milagro Queen W steps up it's game!ValCDined on 10/26/2013We are so happy we gave Milagro( Queen W) another try. Having moved out of the neighbourhood, a music gig brought us back there and we were craving Mexican. They have definitely stepped their game up from a couple year ago, place was bustling, staff were very friendly, bartender ( who came right up to our table!) was super in making sure the Magaritas were flowing! We were seated in one of their booths where the cooking happens, felt like we were right in the kitchen, soaking up the wonderful smells and the good vibes from the chefs. Great atmosphere, very authentic Mexican feel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightGT39Dined on 10/20/2013Good food, great atmosphere. We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceNotHappyDined on 10/19/2013While the food was okay, the service was horrible. They forgot several drinks and appetizers that we had to keep reminding them of and it was very slow. The waiter did what he could to make it right, but it made for a bad experience. We all expected the food to be great ... and it was only okay.Special Features:
- Not memorableLPTangoDined on 10/4/2013Nothing memorable about the food, the margaritas or the service. Over-priced.
- We had a very raucous familynansamDined on 9/25/2013We had a very raucous family birthday celebration and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2013Gourmet Mexican. Service a bit slow, but food more than made up for it. Busy on a Friday, nice ambiance with dim lighting. Try the large margarita. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mexican!!!PrettyeclecticDined on 9/14/2013I had never been to Milagro on Queen. When my friend suggested it, I obliged. It was excellent! The food was tasty and well seasoned. I loved the hash browns too. The spicy hot chocolate was fantastic and quite decadent. Overall, I had a great experience. Would definitely return!!Special Features:
- Milagro was truly a greatMiracleDined on 9/12/2013Milagro was truly a great place to meet with friends and enjoy a wonderful dinner. The food was great, the service was superb and the ambience was wonderful. I would most definitely return to try more dishes. The churros were fabulous, loved the margaritas... Service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2013Really enjoyed the food at the original Milagro on Mercer St when it first opened but the food at this latest outlet left something to be desired. Tortilla chips that had probably been sitting out all day and salsa that was so bland a jar bought at the supermarket would have been preferable. Ordered 2 types of tacos, pork and fish. The pork tacos had some spice but were dry despite the sauce and the pork was fatty. The fish tacos were soggy and sour tasting. Both contained more onions than meat or any other topping. My dinner companion had enchiladas that kept him up all night with heartburn even though he has no history of gastroesophageal reflux. Service was charming and accommodating, the only highlight of the experience.
- Great spot!FoodieforlifeDined on 9/7/2013Went for dinner with a bunch of girls, we had a great time and as always ordered to much. Guacamole is good as are the fish tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican on QueenBrookster39Dined on 8/25/2013Mexican food as food as it gets without the travel, very authentic, very delicousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blew me awayFoodloverDined on 8/24/2013After reading mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect but the food was absolutely incredible and the margaritas were amazing. Had the lamb tacos and chicken tacos. The fresh cream on the chicken tacos made them so outstanding. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp TacosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Had an awesome dinner here and ordered the shrimp tacos - delish! The service was a bit odd, we didn't have a steady server and waiting to order and get the bill. It seemed like the girl helping us wasn't assigned to us. There could be a bit more organization there, but everyone was super friendly and pleasant! Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Celina21Dined on 8/2/2013The wait staff was excellent, very friendly and very informative. Seeing as it was my first time there, I didn't know much about the menu and the staff was so helpful and friendly. The red wine Sangria was the best I've ever had! Really enjoyed the ambiance and the restaurant is very original. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Extremely Let Down!!hombreDined on 7/27/2013This was our 2nd visit to Milagro, and we will never recommend it or come back. My parents were visiting from out of province and they had been looking forward to dining here for weeks I felt extremely embarrassed and ripped off. Our reservation for 4 was sat at a table right beside the pass. I would expect that in a truck stop diner. Once we said we were going to leave they moved us upstairs. With a few larger parties the noise level was extremely loud, but in no way do I fault the restaurant Service was by no means personable in any way and the sense of urgency by our server, being she had such a large section, was non existent. For the price (incl. $15 sub par margaritas) I will bring a bottle of tequila on my next visit to taco bell.
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Food is amazing...ceviche great, tacos so good, and rare tuna so flavorful! Service so friendly and great tequila optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!TwoChrisesDined on 7/20/2013Really great authentic mexican food.. will return soon!Special Features:
- Favourite Mexican DiningAde14Dined on 7/12/2013Love Milagros...the Guacamole is heavenly....the Camarones Burrito is my absolute fave and the Chocolate Molten Dessert is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013I had a wonderful birthday on July 6th, with all of my friends. Everything was fantastic! I will highly recommend Milagro to anyone and everyone!Special Features:
- Girls night outIluvmexicanfoodDined on 6/29/2013First time at this restaurant and loved it. Our server was great And food was delicious. We waited a tad for our food but it was ok we had plenty to talk about , when it arrived It was well worth the wait.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, tasty Mexican spotCateDined on 6/8/2013Definitely one of my top choices for Mexican food in the city, along with Playa Cabana and Grand Electric's tacos. Shrimps and fish were extremely well cooked. My family had the ceviche, trio dip, burritos and tacos. All were amazing. Exceeded my expectations, I will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rico, Caro con in Tocque de MoroElcomedorDined on 6/1/2013The food was really good with everything living up to expectations. We especially liked the authentic drink menu, although I would use a bit more clamato or tomato juice in the mensheladas. The only other comment is that I think any dish that comes with tortillas should come with an even number to be easily shared. But above all, we waited way too long for service. It may be the kitchen size or lack of staff? But I frequently go to a similar restaurant in madrid called chilango and it's table to table busy until1:00 am and you would be surprised how fast your food arrives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2013Superb food! Drinks are pricey, but worth every penny. Enjoyable night with a group of friends. Great times had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Summer SpotLill1Dined on 5/16/2013This restaurant is a great place for casual dining! Great pitchers of Sangrias and dishes to share...felt like I was transported...I would recommend ordering right away just because excellence can take time ;) The Ceviche and the Snapper was delish! Our server was so super nice and helpful...and you have to try their tequila shot with tomato juice chaser...very good :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican on Queen WesteatingoutDined on 5/11/2013We had a group of six, each ordering different dishes, all were enjoyed. Lime juice marinated raw fish was well received, as was seared tuna. Service was good although very busy so a bit slow at the end getting the bill. Music selection could use some attention (suspect there is better Spanish music out there), as could placement of speakers. Nice to get Mexican food without having to stand at a counter.Special Features: