7014 E Camelback Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/arizona/scottsdale/
- Phone: 4809464171x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Pedro Solano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off Site catering is available by contacting Sarah Robinson, Event Sales Manager, at 480-612-6391, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Z'Tejas Scottsdale
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z'Tejas Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent food but if youOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2012Excellent food but if you sit on the patio be prepared to have trouble seeing anything with limited lighting or to hear anything due to speakers.Special Features:
- Very nicely done - - a greatDateNight4UsDined on 5/18/2012Very nicely done - - a great location with nice margarita's!Special Features:
- I have always loved Z'Tejas...oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012I have always loved Z'Tejas...one of my favorite restaurants. My only complaint for this visit was that the waiter didn't really listen well. We had 3 children with us and they ordered specific things - two of them came incorrect. They were very good in changing the order and accommodating the kids. AND it would not deter my going back. I think they do a marvelous job on their food, particularly their Mac and Cheese.Special Features:
- Excellent service, from hostBdinerVIPDined on 3/20/2012Excellent service, from host to waiter and manager. Food is always great. We know ztejas from Texas, but love it here too!Special Features:
- Z Tejas is consistently aLeeBVIPDined on 3/17/2012Z Tejas is consistently a superb place to take guests, dependable for good food with a southwestern flare.Special Features:
- Disappointed that a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Disappointed that a birthday was not acknowledged, when noted in the reservation, especially when we brought 15 plus people in for dinner.Special Features:
- I brought out of town friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012I brought out of town friend who I hadn't seen in several year to dinner. The noise was so loud we had to hurriedly down the food and leave so we could talk to one another.
- We arrived during Happy HourdfranzettaVIPDined on 2/13/2012We arrived during Happy Hour and ordered Chambord Margaritas [fabuloso] and the Trio [guacamole, salsa and queso with a huge basket of warm tortilla chips]. the Trio was only %4,a nd the drinks were a buck off. A great deal. Our friendly server suggested the Achiote Chicken salads, which were delicious and a great buy at only $13.95. Maybe the best part of the meal was the warm cornbread with honey butter. We took home th half loaf that we didn't eat. Z Tejas is definitely a "keeper" and has earned a return visit the next time we are in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- We celebrated a birthday andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012We celebrated a birthday and had a wonderful meal with a chocolate molten pie with creme topping for desert. It was heavenly. Our waiter (Able) was also wonderful and catered to our every need. Thank You Able and Z'Tejas for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- This was a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012This was a great place for the family of all ages to meet and spend time together. Really enjoyed the food and the service. Also the margaritas are the best I have tried.Special Features:
- I thought the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012I thought the food and service was very good. I was hapy with my experience.Special Features:
- Our Waiter, John, was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Our Waiter, John, was great. Never felt any pressure to order. We had lots of time to enjoy each coarse. Food was perfectly prepared and arrived at the right temperature. Lots of tasty Margaritas! We recommend Z'Tajas.Special Features:
- Great location and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 12/29/2011Great location and great service! Jasmine is an amazing server - try to get her if you can in the Scottsdale Fashion Square location.
- While a completely differentangeloVIPDined on 12/27/2011While a completely different set vs the Austin location that i am familiar with, this Scottsdale restaurant was perfect for a recent post- Christmas family gathering. Service and food were terrific. Reservation was on time.There was something on the menu to please a wide range of preferences.Special Features:
- The food is consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2011The food is consistently good. We always have the tortilla soup, which with the complimentary cornbread is a meal in itself. We always enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- Always tasty with good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/7/2011Dependable for a total positive experience both with food quality, presentation and service.
- Great place to eat. We likeTravelingFromTexasDined on 12/1/2011Great place to eat. We like the Five-CheeSe Macaroni & Achiote Chicken. It's located inside of Fashion Square Mall near several other upscale restaurants. Can be tricky to find close parking if you are not from Scottsdale. Suggest you try Parking Deck Green.
- Perfect spot for tummy and talkingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011We were there with a group of people for most of the night. We were in a remote area that was perfect so that we could carry on a conversation. The ambiance was awesome. The only complaint I can make is slight and is that we felt a bit forgotten at times because of needed refills for drinks and chips... They were very friendly and someone who was a manager, maybe, came to ask about our meal and service. He was very friendly and seemed sincere. I had an appetizer, Tacos, for dinner which was very tasty & aperfect amount for my appetite.Special Features:
- We had a large group whichKeisaDined on 11/21/2011We had a large group which makes logistics very difficult. The food was not as warm as I would have expected or even had on other occasions. My biggest difficulty is the long tables that make talking hard. Why can't it be a square or round. Oh well! Service was great and overall we were happy.Special Features:
- Went to the wrong Z. AssumedBillHalfmoonDined on 11/20/2011Went to the wrong Z. Assumed that the Gateway location was Scottsdale. They called the Scottsdale location and informed them that we were at a different location. No problem. Staff was friendly and attentive. The Bloody Mary bar was an excellent find. We have made a reservation to return this week.Special Features:
- Food was good but was notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2011Food was good but was not hot... was cooked and warm not hot. Drinks were great. Service was great. Wait staff... eye candy...lolSpecial Features:
- Wow we miss Z!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011Had Z's in Vegas all closed. Great to find this in Phoenix. Made us wish we had a Z in Vegas again!! Food and service great!!Special Features:
- It is one of my top 5 forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011It is one of my top 5 for dining in Scottsdale! Convenient. Good service. Good food. Always fun!Special Features:
- Great time was had by all!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Great time was had by all! We go there as often as possible.Special Features:
- The food, service, and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2011The food, service, and ambiance were excellent as always. This restaurant is consistently great!Special Features:
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2011Was not impressed. Margaritas tasted like a mix. Salad was just OK, and service was inattentive. From the reviews I read beforehand I expected more.Special Features:
- We would have preferred toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/19/2011We would have preferred to be seated closer to the busy bar area rather than the nearly empty dining area - I'm sure the servers would have preferred it too (seeing as our original server left after our appetizer and the server from the bar area came over to see us through anyway). I'm sure we could have requested this ourselves prior to sitting, but I think a host should understand that kind of thing.Special Features:
- Food was decent. Wasn't aTgalosDined on 5/22/2011Food was decent. Wasn't a very happening place when we were there. About 8:30 in the evening and they were basically closing up while we ate. For a place that serves dinner it didn't feel like they wanted to be there.