Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
5225 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-beach
- Phone: 3053416565x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6PM - 10PM
Friday & Saturdays 6:00PM-11:00pm
No Name Lounge:
Seven Days a Week 4PM - 11PM
Happy Hour Daily 4PM - 7PM
Monday Night "Top Pickers" Football
Large Screen TVs
Social Hour Specials, New Bar Bites Menu, Prizes
Jazz Night with LEO
Wednesdays (beginning, Sept. 17) 6:30PM-9PM
Sinatra Sounds with Jeff Grainger
Thursdays (beginning, Sept. 25) 7:00PM-9:00pm
COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shula's Chef Ignacio Dominguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can customize your evenings menu to your specifications.
- Private Party Facilities: At Shula’s we feature wine rooms designed for intimate social occasions or business groups and larger Hall of Fame rooms for private parties of 10 to 75 guests. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Astrid Hefler-Ehrenstein 305-341-6500 x2884
- Entertainment: Live Piano on Saturday 7PM - 10PM
COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING
- Special Events: For all special event inquiries please contact Astrid Hefler-Ehrenstein, Business Development Manager at 305-341-6500 Ext 2884, or ahefler@@alexanderhotel.com
A word from Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
The theme for Shula's Steak House is a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten team. The décor includes pictures and game balls from the '72 season. The menus are hand painted on NFL footballs then personally hand signed by Coach Shula himself.Continued
At Shulas Steak House we serve Premium Black Angus Beef, the best beef money can buy.
At Shulas Steak House we serve Premium Black Angus Beef, the best beef money can buy.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (14)scenic view (11)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The meat was perfect. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2009The meat was perfect. However, the baked potato was soggy and the vegetables were bad. Also, the kid's pasta was dry and poorly cooked. It was not worth the price. I would not recommend it, nor eat there again.Special Features:
- Very disappointed with themurray300VIPDined on 8/29/2009Very disappointed with the food - not even in the same league as places like The Palm or Morton's. Although the service and ambiance were up to expectations, the salad was tiny and the Shula special sirloin (presumably a steak they take pride in) was positively ordinary.
- We did the Miami spice menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2009We did the Miami spice menu. Our first time there and definitely not our last! Food and service was fantastic!Special Features:
- From the lobster bisque atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2009From the lobster bisque at the start of the meal to one of the best steaks I've ever had, this was a truly unforgettable meal!Special Features:
- The Restaurant insiide theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2009The Restaurant insiide the Hotel Alexander, what is an ugly Hotel, is not at the level from other Shula"s Restaurant I have been. The lights inside the Restaurant was very dark. Qualty of the food was also not at the level of other Shula"s Restaurants. I will never come back to this ugly place,
- We were the only ones in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2009We were the only ones in the restaurant, as we were there at 4:00 on a Monday. We ate off of the Miami Spice menu, and they treated us very well in spite of the fact that we weren't spending a lot. The waiter and the manager were top notch. Huge portions of prime rib and slamon.
- The lobster bisque was theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2009The lobster bisque was the best I have ever eaten; the filet mignon was tender and cooked perfectly, and the chocolate lava cake was decadent.Special Features:
- Loved eating in the bar sectionEyedoctor2Dined on 8/21/2009Loved eating in the bar section with a wonderful piano player.Special Features:
- This is a consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2009This is a consistently great choice for steaks. I 've been a fan of Shula's all over the country and for years and never has a bad meal or bad service.
- An absolutely succulent steak,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2009An absolutely succulent steak, coupled with just the right dosage of pampering from the staff and management made this an incredible experience.Special Features:
- I have been to Shula's inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2009I have been to Shula's in Miami Lakes but this was the first time at the Alexander Hotel, it was outstanding. The food was melt in your mouth, the cream spinach was outstanding, the lobster bisque wonderful. I would recommend trying this restaurant to everyone, the atmosphere is great. My complements to the chef and entire staff of Shula's at the Alexander.Special Features:
- Shula's was excellent in allOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2009Shula's was excellent in all aspects. Our table overlooked the ocean, as requested to the maitre 'd when I made online reservation with OpenTable. During the sumptuous meal, the maitre 'd even brought us a complimentary glass of champagne in celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Was a great Pleasure and GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2009Was a great Pleasure and Great time! Hope back soon!
- Fantastic! We went for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2009Fantastic! We went for our anniversary and everything was first class, from our server (Mark), the ambiance, to the steaks. The attention to detail was superb. Wonderful view of the ocean. While it's a football geek's (like me) dream, it's a classic steakhouse. The only thing I can remotely think of that could have been better (and this is a stretch) was the choice of music. '70s and '80s rock seemed a little out of place. Sitting in the dark wood panels and fine linen tablecloths, I would have expected Harry Connick, Jr., Michael Buble, or even Ole Blue Eyes. Still, one of, if not THE, best restaurant experiences we've ever had.Special Features:
- Steak and prime rib were bothBernieDined on 7/11/2009Steak and prime rib were both excellent was was the service.Special Features:
- To start off, I am not a steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2009To start off, I am not a steakhouse type of Gal, but I took my boyfriend for his birthday and I was completely awed by this restaurant. The minute you walk into the hotel, and walk through the hotel to get to the restaurant, you feel the atmosphere so inviting. Walking into the restaurant was an experience in itself. The dark wood trimming all along the rest and the shelving with pictures and memorabilia it breathtaking. They sat us at the table, a private booth, the servers were so knowledgeable and friendly. My boyfriend ordered the 48oz steak, and he said it was perfection! We both agreed that this was probably the best dinner we've ever had! I recommend with highest regard! Enjoy everyone! 5 Stars all the way!Special Features:
- Everything was great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2009Everything was great except the Rib-Eye steak I ordered was suposed be cooked medium, but it was medium well.Special Features:
- Excellent Cream Spinach. TremendousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2009Excellent Cream Spinach. Tremendous service, ask for Carmine as your waiter. Very romantic setting. Definitely a place for a special occasion becuase it is very expensive.Special Features:
- OK. I have been to far betterCarolVIPDined on 6/21/2009OK. I have been to far better steak restaurants. We were a party of 4 and were given 1 menu. Apparently restaurant policy is 1 menu per table! How annoying!!!! They show you the cuts of beef and rattle off prices so it is hard to know the cost of each cut. Not many choices for none steak eaters. Food not well seasoned.Special Features:
- The steak (Steak Marianne)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2009The steak (Steak Marianne) was cooked to perfection, and even as a leftover the next night was vert tender. I really enjoyed the Lobster Bisque and hot bread. My only complaint is that I am not a fan of chocolate, chocolate cake. Unfortunately, this is the stock complimentary dessert provided for special occasion (It was my borthday). While I appreciate the dessert offering, I would have been happier to select a dessert that I wanted.Special Features:
- Food was GREAT and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2009Food was GREAT and service was OUTSTANDING! Our server, Alex, was attentive yet human. He had a sense of humor while treating us with respect. Our visit was expensive yet was a memorable experience for all, even my teenage son! The view was great and I really enjoyed the memorabelia.Special Features:
- Did not enjoy at all. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2009Did not enjoy at all. First time at this establishment, will not return. Food was bland, my steak had to be taken back 3 times while my husbands food sat on our table getting cold. Service was poor. Wait person was extremely condescending and kept trying to give me what he wanted instead of what i ordered. ie - i ordered creme brulee, the waiter said he will bring me cheesecake instead because the creme brulee was too large. I never exprienced anything like this. I frequent steakhouses such as Morton's & Ruth Chris and never in life have i ever experience this. Will not return.
- I will never frequent thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2009I will never frequent this Shula's again. Whilst it is still my favorite restaurant, the service at the Alexander Hotel was pathetic and insulting to my party of two.Special Features:
- I am aware Velentine's isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009I am aware Velentine's is an especially busy day, However considering we had one of the last seatings it was fairly empty and the wait from order to serving was ridiculous. As for our waiter i found him to be rude and unattentive, after we had ordered what we wanted it was not fit for him and he tried to push a different meal on us even after we said we were happy with our selection. This is definately NOT the type of resturant for such special occasion.
- I was unimpressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/14/2009I was unimpressed with the service and the food. We ended up with a salad that we didn't order. It took over 30 minutes to get drinks. The meal cost over $200 for 2 people and was really not much better than if we had gone to Longhorn Steakhouse. Also, the decor really is a bit dated and seems a bit old. I expected a lot more.
- terrible service, would neverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009terrible service, would never go back..would not recommend..
- As expected, the steak atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009As expected, the steak at Shula's was outstanding. However, our server was a belligerent jerk, which was truly upsetting given that this was supposed to be a romantic Valentine's Day dinner. We found ourselves talked down to, ignored and feeling like a major inconvenience to our waiter. At one point, after the waiter mistakenly brought the wrong beverage and I pointed it out, he had the gall to tell me that I was wrong and he was right. The customer is always right? Apparently not at Shula's. Perhaps this behavior is a result of the guaranteed 19% gratuity that the wait staff receives. I have no problem with giving a generous tip, but after being verbally abused by my waiter over a $100+ valentine dinner, this was a slap-in-the-face.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Nice atmosphere but the food isn't worth the moneySpecial Features:
- The food was great, the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009The food was great, the table overlooked the ocean and was very lovely and romantic. The service was impeccable. Really enjoyed the whole experience and will go again.Special Features:
- We'd had a bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2009We'd had a bad experience at Shulas 2 years ago, and finally decided to give them another chance. The management there continues to be condescending and anti-customer. In a fairly empty restaurant, as expensive as this one, one would expect excellent service, both at the table and from the management. We got neither. Clearly, they don't care about the customer's overall experience; they're just going through the motions. With so many great steakhouses in town within this high price range, I'm actually amazed that they can stay in business.
- Winter Miami Spice menu isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2009Winter Miami Spice menu is a must!!! the prime rib of beef is a HUGE chunk of steak with an amazing pepper crust that is so tasteful and juicy. the au jus is a must! the crisp broccoli and side of melted cheese was a great side dish. plentiful food. the bread comes hot, soft and plentiful (the butter needs some softening). As for appetizers, the lobster bisque is heavenly! nice change from the original salad. For dessert i ordered the key lime pie which was nice (i wished it were a bit more tart) but the molted lava cake was the best! comes with a delicious raspberry sauce on the side. the outside was a little too hard and crusty but the inside was amazingly gooey and as it should be. the miami spice menu was short but sweet. will be back!Special Features:
- This was my second experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2009This was my second experience dining here and the service and staff are impeccable.Special Features:
- THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2009THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. THE WAIT STAFF WAS PROMPT, COURTEOUS,FRIENDLY, KNOWLEDGABLE, AND EFFIECENT. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. THE STEAKS VERY TENDER AND WELL PREPARED EXACTLY THE WAY WE LIKED (nothing had to be sent back). THE LOBSTER BISQUE AND THE FRENCH ONION SOUP WERE EXCELLENT. FOR DESSERT (it was my son n laws b-day) THEY SERVED A RICH CHOCOLATE CAKE THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. RICH MOIST AND VERY CHOCOLATEY. OVER ALL WE HAD A VERY PLEASURABLE TIME AND ENJOYED OUR TIME THERE. WILL DEFINITELY GO AGAIN.Special Features:
- Very poor service. Sat forThunderheadDined on 1/7/2009Very poor service. Sat for a long time without being attended to. Took way too long to get our meal. Everyone's steak was cold, and cooked incorrectly. No one finished their meal. So bad we left without desert or after dinner drinks. A total wasted dinner for 8 people. I was very suprised. I like to entertain and eat out often at high end resteraunts. Would not recommend Shula's. A total waste of over $600.
- Acceptabe for New Years butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2008Acceptabe for New Years but not up to Shula standards. We were not rushed but he quality of the food exhibitied the rush to get as many New Years Eve revelers through as possble. Food was cool and not all that tasty. Better to judge on a normal night.Special Features:
- Great Service. Wilburn RocqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2008Great Service. Wilburn Rocque and his staff were excellent and the food was one of a kind. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- Very good Steaks up to anOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2008Very good Steaks up to an unbelievable size. Nice wine list and friendly service. Good choice when staying in Miami Beach. On my personal Steakhouse Hitlist this is #3 (behind Ruth's Chris, Bellevue as #2 and Daniel's Broilers at Lake Union, Seattle as #1)Special Features:
- this was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2008this was my second visit to this restaurant, the first time was awesome but this time the food was terrible, I ordered a Filet Mignon medium well and the meat was tasteless and almost well done, for the money I paid for this dinner I expected a much better food, I wont be coming back again
- Food was amazing! CuttingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2008Food was amazing! Cutting the Shula cut steaks was easier than cutting butter! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Feel violated. Heard folksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2008Feel violated. Heard folks talking about the Miami Spice promotion. Figured I would ask for myself. Was talked out of it by the waiter. He said its a better deal to order alacarte. He said that the Miami Spice promo included a really small salad. No sides. And a really small dessert. What a freakin LIAR. We sat back and watched as everyone elses food was delivered. Same size of salad. Two side dish half portions. And a huge dessert. Sure, Miami Spice had less choices for the food items. But smaller portions, no. Worse deal, no. Freakin LIAR of a waiter, yes. He upsold me, to make a profit. We compared bills with some other folks on the way out to the vallet. We paid $30+ more for what was actually less food.Special Features: