Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
5225 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-beach
- Phone: 3053416565x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6PM - 10PM
Friday & Saturdays 6:00PM-11:00pm
No Name Lounge:
Seven Days a Week 4PM - 11PM
Happy Hour Daily 4PM - 7PM
Monday Night "Top Pickers" Football
Large Screen TVs
Social Hour Specials, New Bar Bites Menu, Prizes
Jazz Night with LEO
Wednesdays (beginning, Sept. 17) 6:30PM-9PM
Sinatra Sounds with Jeff Grainger
Thursdays (beginning, Sept. 25) 7:00PM-9:00pm
COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shula's Chef Ignacio Dominguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can customize your evenings menu to your specifications.
- Private Party Facilities: At Shula’s we feature wine rooms designed for intimate social occasions or business groups and larger Hall of Fame rooms for private parties of 10 to 75 guests. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Astrid Hefler-Ehrenstein 305-341-6500 x2884
- Entertainment: Live Piano on Saturday 7PM - 10PM
COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING
- Special Events: For all special event inquiries please contact Astrid Hefler-Ehrenstein, Business Development Manager at 305-341-6500 Ext 2884, or ahefler@@alexanderhotel.com
A word from Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
The theme for Shula's Steak House is a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten team. The décor includes pictures and game balls from the '72 season. The menus are hand painted on NFL footballs then personally hand signed by Coach Shula himself.Continued
At Shulas Steak House we serve Premium Black Angus Beef, the best beef money can buy.
At Shulas Steak House we serve Premium Black Angus Beef, the best beef money can buy.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (14)scenic view (11)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We enjoyed our meal, the foodSallyNewportDined on 2/16/2013We enjoyed our meal, the food was very good and the service pretty good. Service not quite where I would have expected given the prices, and they had us jammed into an awkward table so that we had to move if people at the next table wanted in or out. I would go again and hope for a better experience with a better table/server.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Although the food was outstanding, the service left a bit to be desired.Special Features:
- It was Valentine's Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2013It was Valentine's Day and our experience at Shula's was very good. The service and food were excellent and the Valentine's Day and the rose and chocolate covered strawberries after dinner were a wonderful surprise. Well done.Special Features:
- Sorry but this was a realOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Sorry but this was a real disappointment, three hours for a table of six to eat, once seated, almost 30 minutes to get anything brought to the table. Emailed them to explain my disappointment and I've still not heard back from them other than a Thank you for the email, not good. We won't be back.
- Simply, an Okay Meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Shula's is okay. I went to the restaurant with 8 friends as part of a bachelor party. First, the positives: - Our service was great. Our waiter Mark was very professional and attentive. We had a small team of people helping our table, but maybe that's because the restaurant was nearly empty on a Saturday. And, the negatives: - The meat wasn't special. To me, meat qualifying as a "Shula Cut" is meaningless. Let's taste it. And, it just wasn't exceptional for me or anyone else at my table.
- Please send very warm regardsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013Please send very warm regards to the servant MARIO!! We are also from Switzerland, unfortunately, he was not on duty at that time we were there.Special Features:
- Calamari fries are out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Calamari fries are out of this world, strange atmosphere, football on the tables? come on lol
- Excellent food,but priceyyyyyyDbombxDined on 12/29/2012We went for my husband B-day. It was nice, the restaurant was full but the waitstaff were very attentive. The food was great, The steaks were cooked to perfection, definitely a good quality but pricey. Restaurant needs a remodeling immediately. They brought out an Bday dessert that was very nice. We had a good time but I think it is not worth the price. Definitely not going back.Special Features:
- The steaks were exemplary,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012The steaks were exemplary, cooked to the proper temperature and color with a sizzling exterior and a perfect char rimming each cut. Our wait staff was attentive and made us feel welcome and well cared for. It was a lovely evening at Shula'sSpecial Features:
- Prime Rib was done to perfection.SeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2012Prime Rib was done to perfection.Service was absolutely professional.Special Features:
- Went on a Monday. CompletelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012Went on a Monday. Completely empty. Exceptional service. Food was great. Memorable night.Special Features:
- Don't waist your timeRichardDined on 12/8/2012The wait staff were annoying. The managment were annoying. All I wanted was to be left alone. They had to many waiters there with nothing to do. The chef cooked my steak perfect (med rare Pittsburged) but the waiter put the order in to soon so it came out cold. For $50.00 to get a cold steak that's just not right.
- "Couldn't find the wine."GreatButAverageVIPDined on 12/7/2012Did not realize from Open Table that it was in an hotel. Was a bit away from Ocean Drive where I originally wanted to be. Despite the "notable wine list" the bottle I ordered couldn't be located nor the 2nd bottle to replace it so they bought be a bottle of wine that I could have picked up from CVS for $6.00 but charged $50.00. That was very disappointing.Special Features:
- This was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/4/2012This was our first time dining at Shula's. Between the two of us, we had the filet mignon and the surf and turf. The filet mignons were the best we ever had! It melted in our mouth like butter! We each had a double baked potato and it was awesome and so was the lobster bisque. Shula's was absolutely wonderful including the service staff, very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- We had the worse service atOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/4/2012We had the worse service at this location. Not like the others. The waiter got our drinks wrong then said it was our fault since we didn't place the right order. Then he asked what was missing from the martini he served vs a manhattan. Really? They also had poor coordination of wait staff and the food was not that good. To top it off they automatically add tip for a party of three and said it was a hotel policy. We said we would never go back again.
- Without question the bestdwa118Dined on 11/23/2012Without question the best piece of beef I have ever eaten. After cutting it and putting it in my mouth, it quite literally fell apart on my tongue.Special Features:
- We went for our wedding anniversaryMojo7Dined on 11/18/2012We went for our wedding anniversary. It was quiet, since it was empty, and the waitstaff were very attentive. The food was great, but pricey, along with the drinks. They brought out an anniversary dessert to share which was very thoughtful!Special Features:
- Probably the best meal I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Probably the best meal I've had since....well I can't remember a better one! Great time, AWESOME Food & service.Special Features:
- I have never been to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2012I have never been to this Shula's before. The setup is weird...have to go upstairs and down a tunnel to get to restaurant. Overall the food was good, beautiful center cut filet mignon, perfectly cooked. I asked for medium rare and got it. We love truffle fries so we ordered those - not so impressed. I could barely taste any truffle. I have had truffle fries and truffle mashed at the Shulas down south on 57th and there is no shortgage of truffle oil used.
- Best days are behind it !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2012Decor needs uplift, rather long on the tooth. service also needs re-charging. Mature restaurant that has not kept up with the times. Biggest regrets is the quality of the steaks, expected top prime grade, the angus steaks not @ top not quality. Price was not of concern, but did not meet expectations. Did not enjoy the experience as expected, restaurant needs upgrading to get to just mid range point-- better steaks + experience can be had at a lot more competitors, sorry for being blunt-- but so was my ecperience.Special Features:
- One of the finest restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012One of the finest restaurants we have ever been in. The entire staff was excellent and Jennifer waited our table and did a fabulous job. we were very pleased with the food and service. Thanks againSpecial Features:
- Dessert Change - The souffleDonellVIPDined on 10/19/2012Dessert Change - The souffle portion size is almost a 1/3 of the original size.
- Impeccable service and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Impeccable service and lovely food. Steak and two sides more than enough for two people. Excellent Malbec to go with steak!! Expensive but worth it for a treat/special night out.Special Features:
- Incredible Steak House. SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2012Incredible Steak House. Steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned.Special Features:
- Loved the service. Food wasjosesardiDined on 9/29/2012Loved the service. Food was great but a little cold.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner, prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2012Excellent dinner, prime rib a must, with excellent service!Special Features:
- 40th BirthdayJFoster640Dined on 9/21/2012We were celebrating my wife's 40th birthday. We were given a wonderful table with a view of the pool and spa area. Service was excellent and the food was very good if a bit pricey. The overall all ambiance is very masculine but my wife (who loves football) still found it to her liking. There's even a replica of the Super Bowl trophy won by the 1972 Dolphins.Special Features:
- Very good service but a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Very good service but a bit on the expensive side - 2 entrees 2 sides and 1 bottle wine $250Special Features:
- A carnivores palaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012It was my boyfriends Birthday and he LooooVed it !!!!! The food was Amazing !!! So worth it ! The quality of meat you can taste -- And i'm not even a meat eater !Special Features:
- Always a terrific steak!LovetoEatOutVIPDined on 9/8/2012Impossible to have a bad steak, or almost anything at Shula's. Service is outstanding, staff is friendly and accommodating. Hash browns are unreal. Because it is so pricey, it is best to go during Miami Spice if you can - you do have to ask for that menu.Special Features:
- The food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012The food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. It was delicious and my wife and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Out-datedBeautifulDined on 9/7/2012Food was delicious! The service was outstanding but the restaurant is a little out dated. If I were to return to a Shula's restaurant, I would return to the one in Miami Lakes since it seems a little "brighter & fresher."Special Features:
- Had fantastic service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Had fantastic service. We were there for a bachlorette party dinner and were served a bottle of champagne complements of the Shulas.Special Features:
- Shula's Miami Spice MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012The atmosphere and service at Shula's was amazing. We enjoyed the old dark romantic wood decor, which was a nice change from the usual Miami scene. And, although we waited a few minutes too long until any staff came to our table after being seated, they did apologize, and made up for it with impeccable service throughout the rest of our evening. There is a large wine selection and broad menu offerings. However, we were taking advantage of Miami Spice so stuck to the prix fixe menu. The fresh bread and lobster bisque were a delicious way to start the meal. We ordered the 8 ounce filet and the salmon for our mains along with a side of the crab mac and cheese to share. The filet was to our liking but salmon overcooked and rubbery with not muchSpecial Features:
- Ask for the waiter Scotty.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2012Ask for the waiter Scotty. He was amazing, personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Shula's is a great place!TGIFDined on 8/18/2012Shula's is a great place! Overall awesome food and wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great place on a great location,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Great place on a great location, and the steaks are awesome! Service is good too.Special Features:
- 13th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012The waiter Scotty was very abrasive at first to a family seated to our left and initially to my wife but after a while he seemed to warm up and then we could not get him to leave our table. He opened up about his family and experiences and he seems like a nice guy overall. I am not sure if he was simply having a bad few moments or what. The food quality was only ok. I expected better food; we had the Miami Spice experience. (pre-fix menu with set prices) The food prices were over priced Del Frisco's steak house has better quality food and more reasonable food prices. The atmosphere was nice though in the back of Hotel Alexander and they do free valet parking if you have a car. I expected more and was somewhat disappointed.Special Features:
- Cant beat the service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2012This place was amazing, the best and most attentive service I have ever had. The food was outstanding, i went for my mother's 70th birthday becasue she saw it on Man v Food. They treated her like a queen from the moment she steped foot in there.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2012Outstanding service!! We where a big group. Food - service excellent Will go back!!!!Special Features: