Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
530 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)fit for foodies (224)good for groups (177)great for outdoor dining (175)neighborhood gem (173)romantic (171)great for lunch (153)hot spot (103)notable wine list (97)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (89)great for brunch (71)late-night find (54)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- Great food, great atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2008Great food, great atmosphere, what a terrific time.Special Features:
- Arrived early for 7:15 pmBYOBDined on 8/29/2008Arrived early for 7:15 pm dinner reservations to have a drink at the bar. Enjoyed Happy Hour prices for food and drink. Good, helpful bartender. Dinner was good...2 out of 4 of us took advantage of the price fixe 3 course dinner which was a good deal!Special Features:
- Our waiter was very down toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2008Our waiter was very down to earth and helpful with the menu. He was very informative and catered to our needs. The food was very delicious and a change from what we are used too. I will definitely go back and take friends with me.
- Everything was great...SignatureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2008Everything was great...Signature dish--crabcakes were phenomenal!!Special Features:
- A real disappointment. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2008A real disappointment. Service was perfunctory - we were taking up their valuable time. The waiter hardly had time for us. Don't ask me his name - he never told us. Food - ok, but not any better than what I cook on my gas grill at home. Hardly worth the price. Noise - way too loud. Also, the kitchen/waiter messed up my wife's order - so I was served at one point in time, she had to wait an additional five minutes for her food to arrive. Some of the patrons were drunk and loud - but they fit right in. We will not go back.
- Devon Seafood delivers excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2008Devon Seafood delivers excellence with food, service and atmosphere. Their Maryland style crab cakes are the best of Philly for 3 years in a row.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my entireOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008I really enjoyed my entire meal. The grilled swordfish was perfectly prepared and the keylime pie was some of the best I've tasted. There was 5 in my party and we all enjoyed our food choices.Special Features:
- The quality of the seafoodSilverQueenVIPDined on 8/15/2008The quality of the seafood and service is superb. Our waiter Rocko was particularly helpful in splitting several dishes for us. We have never been disappointed with a meal at Devon and have received consistently excellent service.Special Features:
- We had a private table inOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2008We had a private table in an alcove type room. This was perfect for our last visit. Our waiter was excellent and the food was outstanding as always. The seafood is fresh as Devon's motto is "What's on your plate tonight, was in the water yesterday." Try a ruby red margarita, a refreshing summer drink!Special Features:
- The appetizers were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2008The appetizers were great. The entree was marginal - we had the Mixed Brill: the scallops were great, the shrimp was extremely overcooked (I was shocked at how overdone they were) and the spinanch under the salmon was horrible. In addition, the service was very slow. I'll give it a second chance as it was packed and clearly a hot spot. In a great location but overall it did not deliver on the hype.Special Features:
- We had reservations at 7.15OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2008We had reservations at 7.15 and when we walked in they said we would have to wait 30 minutes, but when we complained they gave us a table shortly.Special Features:
- My snapper was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2008My snapper was very good, my partners mahi mahi, dried out and flavorless. Service was slow, not the waitress, but the time from ordering to getting the food was very long. Table of 20 got their order in right before us, but 2 hours for dinner for 2 is a bit long.Special Features:
- Very disappointing: crowded,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008Very disappointing: crowded, loud and very poor service. We sat close to the window seats so we had great people watching and thankfully our fish was fresh but other non-seafood items were fair at best. The server was overwhelmed and our food and drinks took quite sometime to receive. He even forgot to serve the wine we ordered with dinner. Great location as you are on the square but service much to be desired.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the food, ambianceRenbevVIPDined on 8/9/2008I enjoyed the food, ambiance and the service was Great! Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. She deserved the 20% tip easily!Special Features:
- My cousing and his wife wereDaveDined on 8/6/2008My cousing and his wife were in town and the only reservation for 6 we could get was at Devon. This was the first time being at Devon. They sat us in our own little section and the food was terrific!! Our server was great too!! Even though I love most restaurants in Rittenhouse Square this may be my new favorite.Special Features:
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2008The food and the service were very goood. I will keep Devon on my "Go To Place" list. The place is bright, therefore, not very romatic. Is seemed noisy, without hearing the conversations at other tables. One goes to Devon for the seafood, and one should.Special Features:
- Yes, I have friends that askOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2008Yes, I have friends that ask me what's a good restaurant. This was an excellent restauant, service was great, they found my reservations that I made via email, no hassles, and my waiter had personality.Special Features:
- The service was OK, but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2008The service was OK, but very fast, we felt rushed. The food however, was not very good at all, I was sick before leaving the restaurant and not feeling well for half of the next day. Would never go back and would not recommend.
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2008The food was very good, but the service was spotty. The noise level was very high, due to the lack of "soft" surfaces in the decor. It wasn't overpowering, but it did detract from the dining experience. Dinner for two, with tip, was $140, which was pretty pricey, since that included a single glass of wine and no desserts.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2008The food was great but the service was spotty and disorganized.
- Very loud. Bottled water isKennyDined on 7/28/2008Very loud. Bottled water is ridiculous....from Norway??? You got to be kidding.Special Features:
- Service was very slow. FoodBarbDined on 7/26/2008Service was very slow. Food was just OK - nothing memorable. Recently had dinner at Estia which was much much better.Special Features:
- I always enjoy my meals atazfreeseVIPDined on 7/26/2008I always enjoy my meals at Devon. You can count on it being good every time. ASpecial Features:
- The food was excellent. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2008The food was excellent. Everything cooked perfectly. Even more impressive was the service. Our server Jamie was very sweet and even though we were informed that it was her first night, we thought she did an excellent job to be attentive to our table everything we needed. We were also impressed by the other staff that visited our table. We definitely rate this as a great dinner spot and will be returning.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellentPhilly4FoodVIPDined on 7/25/2008The food and service was excellent this time. It was a great improvement over our last visit to the restaurant. Service was excellent and everyone made every effort answer our questions, and see that we had a good time. We plan to return.Special Features:
- Dinner at Devon's completedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2008Dinner at Devon's completed a week of sightseeing in Philly/Washington DC nicely. Good wine selection and far more affordable than some restaurants I visited this week. The sweet buttermilk biscuits may look like McDonald's but they're far more addictive. Didn't try any of the appetizers, but I saw others enjoying them and the variety of both appetizers and entrees is noteworthy. The panko-breaded shrimp was delicious and reasonably priced, with freshly-grated horseradish in the accompanying cocktail sauce. Fries and slaw were OK. Service was pleasant and efficient; no sign of the slow service I've seen mentioned in other reviews. The restaurant walls were opened in the warm summer evening and afforded a cheerful view of the canine anticSpecial Features:
- We had a party of six, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2008We had a party of six, the dinner was enjoyed by all!!
- I am a Devon's girl but thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2008I am a Devon's girl but this reservation was not the best. Appetizers took forever to come and it was the wrong order. Then the dinner took forever to come out. The Manager did come abd apologize and gave us free drinks. He stated that this was a back up in the kitchen. However, couples that came after us did receive their food before us.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2008The food was absolutely delicious. Can't wait to go back. The only thing is that they offer you a biscuit so delicious that you can't eat just one. And, that's all they offer - just one! Service was good - friendly staff. From start to finish, everything was enjoyable.Special Features:
- The absolute worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2008The absolute worst service I have ever received. Our waiter was rude and inconsiderate and treated other guests considerably better than us. When I tipped accordingly to such bad service, He came back and let us know that he did not feel I gave him enough. I will never go here again and would not reccommend it to anyone due to such horrible service.
- The food at Devon's was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2008The food at Devon's was very enjoyable. The chipolte shrimp appetizer was delicious. The service there was also extremely good. Our waitress Carol was a delight and made our dining experience outstanding. The prices are also very reasonable and the rerstaurant is in a great location. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- I choose this restaurant toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008I choose this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. Didn't receive any cake or ice cream. Disapointed. Our table was for 2 right next to a wine station, husband felt he was on an assembly line eith all commotion around him. My husband sat in hard chair while everyone else had soft, leather, high backs. Had to request a new chair. Then, the table next to us for 4 persons...only 2 sat there. Why did we get a small table when I noted in reservation it was a special occassion? So....felt like all the hype about this place was not there. The food was the only thing excellent. Will not eat there again with so many other lovely places to eat at. People like the small extras, the little things that count. Thanks, Dr. Darcy BjornssoSpecial Features:
- Excellent experience!!! WillIleanaDined on 7/17/2008Excellent experience!!! Will certainly be coming back!!Special Features:
- I have dined here on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2008I have dined here on several occasions. The food preparation is consistent and one can always expect a delicious, well portioned meal. The food,staff and warm atmosphere are reasons for my continued patronage. Thank you!Special Features:
- I've been to Devon's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2008I've been to Devon's several times, however there were gnats and flies flying around our table because they open the windows at the front of the restaurant. This was very annoying. I understand that some people like sitting by the windows, however, I do not like any part of dining outside. Perhaps they should set up tables for people who like to eat outside, Charlita
- I've eaten at Devon severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008I've eaten at Devon several times, and the food is always delicious. Nice array of seafood that is not always easy to find in one location. Service is good, but in some ways a little "green". A fun place to go casual or a little dressed up.Special Features:
- I was on a business trip andBiketheboatDined on 7/10/2008I was on a business trip and dining alone. While the food was very good, I did have that shunned feeling because I was a woman dining alone. The entree was delivered before I had finished my salad. It's a city I don't visit often so I would probably try another restaurant instead of returning there.
- Excellent food & service withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2008Excellent food & service with reasonable prices for the Rittenhouse Square area.Special Features:
- From the time we were greetedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/7/2008From the time we were greeted with enthusiasm and sincere welcome to the flaky, hot from the oven biscuits delivered to our table to our incredible halibut special, this was a memorable dinner. I would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone who wants fresh, beautifully handled seafood.Special Features:
- reviewed menu online and foundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008reviewed menu online and found 2 10oz. lobster tails for $42, same day as our reservation. But at the restaurant 2-6oz for $54. if you can't maintain your website atleast put marketprice. we liked- but makes it hard for us to come back . simple things make a dining experience. less than satisfied customer- steve schwartz firstname.lastname@example.org