Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
531 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (252)fit for foodies (209)great for outdoor dining (194)romantic (182)neighborhood gem (168)good for groups (162)great for lunch (159)hot spot (106)scenic view (105)notable wine list (101)vibrant bar scene (98)great for brunch (82)late-night find (56)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- Great seafood place!cydinesDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great drinks. Lots of great choices of wild caught, and no so typical types of fish (in addition to Tuna, salmon etc). Energetic, but no so loud that you couldn't have a conversation. We declined dessert, as we were too full- but the server knowing it was my mother-in-laws birthday brought a dessert with a candle anyway- nice touch!Special Features:
- JonathanDined on 8/30/2014The food was fine, but the service was quite poor, especially for the price of the meal. The service was not on par with the rest of the food and setting and detracted significantly from the overall dining experience. I would not go back. Perhaps they treat OpenTable customers as less desirable and essentially ignore them.
- GingerDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant experience at Devon was exceptional - as it always is. The food is superb. I recommend their famous crabcakes. There are also options for those who are allergic to seafood. Also, consideration is given to those who prefer gluten and/or diary free food. The service was excellent. Waiters, host, desk personnel are all professional and friendly - a great combination!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good food but expected better for the price. Just average. Very nice restaurant looking out on Rittenhouse Square. Lots of outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Impeccable service!!DowntownfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter's attention to detail was great. I didn't need to ask for anything the whole night. My meal was cooked perfectly, however the Lobster Mac & Cheese wasn't as good as I remembered. I will try it again next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was something different to try. I kind of felt like i was at red lobster or something. They didnt really have any discounts unless you drank at the bar. I was expecting more and they didnt even have good bread. The biscuits were alright but the butter goes to waste because they dont have good food.Special Features:
- Great FoodsteakchampsDined on 8/28/2014I am never disappointed anytime I go to this restaurant. The food is great and the service is great as well. I tend to come here for special occasions. I always bring my 4 year old and she is treated just as well as me. Definitely a place to visit. The honey butter biscuits are to die for:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frugalmomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Our party of four met for lunch. Service was fine, drinks were good. Unfortunately, our lobster bisque and shrimp and grits were extremely salted. The soup was edible the grits were not. We chose not to return the dish as the four shrimp were enough food for me to eat.Special Features:
- Great PlacegreatplaceDined on 8/27/2014The food and service was awesome, the whole experience was great, we were seated quickly as we walked in and our waiter was very knowledgeable of menu.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseSCohen1761Dined on 8/26/2014Had no idea this restaurant existed - they don't appear to advertise in Philadelphia Magazine ;0). Everyone enjoyed everything that was ordered - very nice menu. Staff was great. We'll go back.Special Features:
- LesleyeLesleyeDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent. The food was great. The atmosphere is energetic. My guest and I had a great time. Would like to dine there more often.Special Features:
- plenty of foodmariekVIPDined on 8/24/2014I had the seafood mixed grill. There was a lot of food. I couldn't have finished it alone. I substituted the zucchini (instead of potato); it was delicious!Special Features:
- LWillDined on 8/24/2014One of the BEST dining experiences i've had since moving from Georgia. The crab cakes were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Special Occasion DinnerLateTwentiesCoupleDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I came here for our first anniversary and it was a great place to celebrate. Awesome food and really cool look inside. We enjoyed the 1/2 off bottle of wine offer on Sunday. I got the mixed seafood grill which was exceptional and he enjoyed the surf and turf with scallops. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServicerealmccoyDined on 8/23/2014The drinks were horrible....never order the Sangria red or white! Secondly, the biscuits were like rocks...often ask our waitress for the next batch....every other table received fresh ones...ours never came. But that wasn't all....we ordered ribeye's, only for our waitress to come back and tell us that someone else just ordered the last one for the night (this was 9 pm on a Saturday night). Three strikes....but, there's more. After all of that, she still had the nerve to bring us a bill for our ice teas. Needless to say, we left and walked down the block to our favorite, DelFrisco's, where we should have gone in the first place!
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great, from the service to the food. A wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timsuriah03makanDined on 8/23/2014My guests were from out of town, and they loved your restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent all-aroundfreddiemerionDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner last Saturday night to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We were a party of six. It was wonderful in every respect. The ambience, the service and the food were outstanding. Before sitting down, I surreptitiously asked the hostess if they could put candles on my daughter's dessert. When the dessert arrived, no only was a candle on hers, but also on her friend's dessert whose birthday was a couple of day's away, which I had not known. Amazingly, they did not charge us for the two desserts! We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceJen18Dined on 8/23/2014I debated on the perfect spot in the city for my boyfriend's birthday and chose Devon after considering several others. We came for a special occasion and at a restaurant with the reputation of Devon, you just expect top quality food and service. The food was great, but the waiter seemed half asleep and you could barely hear him speak -- disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great experiencediningsensationDined on 8/22/2014The experience was great, my server was excellent as well as the food. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistently good food.philleenieDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter, Craig, was attentive and outstanding. He knew exactly when we needed him and allowed us to sit and relax through dinner socializing over the delicious food from appetizers to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and Refreshing2tallguysDined on 8/22/2014All was fabulous only one noticeable inconsistency ... The menu printed daily was sloppy and in formatted and as a sign of a high priced well detailed operation wS a sign of inconsistency nor lack of attention. Scott the manager should check them daily before using them .... I know its a detail but a sloppy menu is a sign of lack of attention to detail and mAkes patrons what A&E is not happening in the back of the house. Just a recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon DelightECDiaDined on 8/21/2014Excellent experience with Kyle our waiter. Food, drinks, rolls all top notch. Definitely will come again when in Philly. Great place also for business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableHDPhillyDined on 8/20/2014Dined at Devon for my birthday. The food was very good; I recommend the smoked salmon flat bread and the pretzel crusted trout. Hubby rated his swordfish entree as very good. We had a terrific waiter who was attentive and very good at explaining various dishes and making recommendations. The only hiccup in our dining experience was being seated in an area there was a large group which slowed the pace of being served our entrees, hence the 3 star rating for service on this visit. Our waiter was apologetic, updated us needed and comped our desert. For the food and ambience we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, But GREAT ExperienceEvolutionDined on 8/20/2014Wait service was good. My only complaint is that the biscuits were served cold and too hard. Butter doesn't melt on them. Did I say, I loved the Lemon Grass Martini...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch in relative quietloveluncDined on 8/20/2014It's difficult to find a restaurant these days where the noise levels are conducive to pleasant conversation at a normal tone of voice ....especially when two of the three guests have hearing issues. In a back of the house booth at Devon we had that pleasant experience of being able to relax over a tasty lunch and have a conversation where we did not need to shout over the table. My lump crab cakes were exactly that ...lump crab; the vegetable sides were fresh and cooked perfectly. My two friends both had a salad topped with grilled salmon and they were equally happy with their choice. One thing is that if you like fish cooked "well" you need to ask. The server was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; Great place!PatriciaDined on 8/17/2014Special dinner! I had the Caesar salad which was awesome; my husband had the Lobster Bisque (which he told me was heavenly). I had the seared scallops; my husband had the swordfish. Both meals were wonderful - the scallops melted in my mouth. We ordered a Napa Valley Reisling wine with dinner which was excellent. The server seemed to be overwhelmed with all of the sidewalk tables, but we did receive our food and it was hot and delicious. We weren't in a hurry because we were facing Rittenhouse Square on a lovely summer evening - it was perfect.Special Features:
- Inattentive staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Arrived early for my reservation and was seated promptly. Server staff watch us be seated about 15 min before someone came over. Had to ask for a server to come to our table. Have been to Devon's several times before sadly the most disappointing visitI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I went there with my GF for a long overdue date night and had a great experience. The staff was prompt and friendly. Great food and drinksSpecial Features:
- WillieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Went for a family get together. The wait staff was excellent and the food high quality an perfectly prepared. Great location directly across from Rittenhouse Square Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragenickVIPDined on 8/16/2014Go here a lot. Decent food but the menu is fairly limited if you aren' into seafoodSpecial Features:
- Amazingblackbeaute21Dined on 8/15/2014Food was great. Drinks on point. Defiantly going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon is Divinefoodfan78Dined on 8/15/2014Always saw a crowd when passing by so decided to see what the draw was all about; happy we did! The ahi tuna melted in my mouth. Great variety of dishes to select and have to go back to try the other creations that caught our eye. Started the meal off right with the lump crab cakes. Hearty but light and two delicious dipping sauces to accompany them. The portion of the salmon panzanella was very generous, and of course, delicious. The flavors are clean and light and truly focus on enhancing the natural flavor of the fish. Great pricing and they reward quite generously when you sign up for emails (coupons, free apps or desserts on special dates, etc.). Didn't get a chance to try dessert but the dishes that passed by were mouthwatering.Special Features:
- DEVON DELICIOUSDissapointingDishVIPDined on 8/15/2014My favorite seafood place in town. Always get the crab cake cause it actually contains crab..not filler. Biscuits are the best I ever had. Manager, JOHN down to earth, personable, friendly beyond words & rather have lunch with him than who I am with!!! Always good food.Special Features:
- Seafood and people on the SquareFoodieScoutVIPDined on 8/15/2014The seafood at this restaurant was very good and our table at the open restaurant front allowed us to overlook Rittenhouse Square and people watch. The Power lunch of that phenomenal tomato and mozzarella like cheese accompanied with a pesto like ice cream ball was enough to come back for alone. The jumbo lump crab melt and fries were more than enough to complete the power lunch duo; very filling and delicious too.Special Features:
- PerfectJudiVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent seafood, service and surroundings. Visit every time I am in Philly. Great place to take friends and customers.Special Features:
- Always goodredramVIPDined on 8/14/2014We went with friends for lunch and were not disappointed. The menu was varied and one could have a lovely fish platter with soup or salad as a starter for a reasonable price. They also offer superb salads and sandwiches. Sitting across from Rittenhouse Square with wonderful weather was also a plus. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Ann1Dined on 8/13/2014My friend and I enjoyed the oysters and mussels. Always good quality food at Devon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014I brought my parents here for fresh oysters and fish. We were pleasantly surprised with the selection; we chose a grilled mahi mahi. The portion was perfect. Service was great, and I always love the people watching at rittenhouse :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNclelandDined on 8/8/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and our server, Lance, was very attentive and cordial. The food was fantastic and the ambiance was perfect for our early evening dinner. Highly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.