1138 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2X6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brixvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6049159463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chris Bisaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Brix offers buyouts with the following minimum spends: Sunday - Tuesday - $8,000 Wed - Thursday - $10,000 Friday / Saturday - $15,000 All prices are exclusive of tax and 17% gratuity.
- Private Party Contact: David Hannay 6049159463
- Entertainment: Live music Mondays. Guitarist and vocals from 9pm - 1am. All bottles of wine under $100 are 30% off!!!
- Special Events: Brix hosts 50+ weddings each year. Please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Opening in April 1999 in a turn-of-the-century heritage building on Homer Street it quickly became known for its innovative food, an extensive, well priced wine list, and its warm and inviting atmosphere amid the high-beamed ceilings and original exposed-brick walls.
A unique glass covered key hole courtyard is one of the city's top restaurant patios and is the only Yaletown outdoor dining space opened past 11pm.
An elegant dinner features a wide range of seafood, game, meat and poultry dishes and close proximity to the theatre district makes the light early dining menu a perfect pairing. Brix is also a favourite for the late-night crowd, too, offering great late-night dining into the wee hours.
Vancouver's top cocktail lounge, George, is only a flight of stairs away down on Hamilton Street.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- Lovely outdoor diningofj0sa9fijsdofDined on 2/1/2014Brix has the most amazing outdoor patio (covered and heated) for dining. Great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Extraordinary experience at BrixDaleandRobymDined on 2/1/2014Absolutely beautiful courtyard ambience, perfectly prepared creative menu offerings, excellent wine list, attentive and very friendly service. All in all - a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotkwalkDined on 2/1/2014We dined at Brix on Saturday Feb 1st. We were out of towners and didn't realize it was "Dine out", but the fixed menu was really good. I was impressed with the amount of food we got for $48 and they had a great wine list. The service was excellent and the ambiance was really nice. We sat outside in the atrium which I think would be lovely in the summer. They really pumped the heat, but we were by the door so it ended up okay. I would definitely go back to try parts of their staple menu.Special Features:
- Almost excellentBensterDined on 2/1/2014Everything was great, but the steak - which I expected to be the most impressive - turned out to fair to below par. Everything else stood out.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Beautiful restaurant with a great ambiance for a romantic date. The service was fantastic. They have an extensive wine list along with a great cocktail menu. I don't usually drink cocktails but I would definitely recommend getting one while you're there. They also sometimes provide a complimentary glass of their homemade limencello...great way to end the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedDonBDined on 1/31/2014Stunning venue with great food, service, and a Certain charm that is unique. The servers are Knowledgeable and personable. Making for a Fun atmosphere and there is no doubt we will Be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning room and deliciousBarnDined on 1/31/2014Stunning room and delicious meal- although it was a Dine Out menu great job! We love this place and will return. Because the court yard can have a slight chill blankets are provided but ask the waiter for a less windy spot if concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brix Dine Out Vancouver experienceduckliebDined on 1/31/2014We certainly enjoyed our whole experience. The waitress we had was knowledgeable and attentive without being in your face. We also had a number of staff give a warm welcome and goodnight that seemed genuine and not routine. Well done. My squid appetizer was recommended by our waitress and it was absolutely delicious. I am not a very adventurous diner so it was a great treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loudBurgerDined on 1/30/2014It was way too loud for anything else to become good. I went because review says the ambiance is excellent. However, the atmosphere and the overall noise is beyond a busy Chinese restaurant in Chinese New Years. This noise does not fit with the atmosphere and we had to shout out our conversations in order to be heard. Service was okay. Food was not so great.
- Wonderful food.KodagirlDined on 1/30/2014Went to Brix not knowing what to expect. My daughter had the Duck and I had the Risotto. The food was delicious. We will return in the near future to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely night at The BrixBudgetfoodieDined on 1/30/2014My fiance and I went to the Brix on Thursday, January 30th. Despite the cold weather, the beautiful courtyard was heated well enough for us to be able to dine outside, which was a real treat. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and the service was great. The ribeye was the best steak I've had in a long time. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!pennameDined on 1/28/2014took my bf the other day for his bday, i booked early and got a nice little table in the covered courtyard. Setting is very nice, the service very attentive and food was delicious. Loved everything about it!Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambienceMarriedToAFoodieDined on 1/25/2014This was my first time dining there; and was very impressed. It was just me and my husband, and we were seated in the courtyard. Definitely a good choice for our date night.Special Features:
- Cocktails and wine were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2014Cocktails and wine were great. Steak entrée and passionfruit tart were delicious. Salmon was tough and not flavourful. Chocolate dessert wasn't memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have eaten here a few timesfoodfanDined on 1/24/2014I have eaten here a few times and even had my daughter's wedding here. The food is always fabulous the people are always extremely friendly and helpful. Dine out Vancouver offered some wonderful things that I wouldn't have thought to try on my own. The beet salad was to die for and I don't normally like beets. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFleecedDined on 1/24/2014Everything was perfect, from the food to the service, and especially the ambience. Have been there several times and have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceFrancesDined on 1/24/2014The good was terrific and the service even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Vancouver week 1FinerDinerDined on 1/18/2014Hey fellow finer diners, I decided to try Brix with my wife during our first week of Dine Out Vancouver after reading some good reviews. The restaurant is easy to find, nestled in the heart of Yaletown. Parking wasn't an issue with a short walk to the really cool restaurant entrance where you enter through huge drapes into the outside patio dining area. We were seated promptly at our table by the hostess. The restaurant is upscale without being pretentious. Bread was nice nutty grain and traditional slices. The pork chop was cooked well and marinated for juicy flavor but the salmon was slightly dry (at least no salmonella!). The panacotta and chocolate mud cake left us fully satisfied. We would definitely go back to try the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic paresian charmButterturkeyDined on 1/18/2014My girlfriend and I decided to try out Brix for dine out Vancouver. We had heard from a friend that the patio dining was romantic and charming and he did not lie. Wonderful atmosphere, very charming. Food was exquisite. Apart from a considerably intoxicated large group who took away from the romantic atmosphere at times, I would highly recommend Brix to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014I can see how The Brix is one of those restaurants where location is everthing. And by that I mean are you eating inside or "outside" in the Courtyard. We were seated in the latter. The courtyard is a converted outdoor space. It now has a glass roof (about three storeys from the ground floor) and a door to seperate the diners from the elements. It is heated with suspended gas heaters. If you close your eyes you are transported to the 4th district in Paris. Oh, the food was great too ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceLittleWDined on 1/18/2014Overall experience was great. Great food with friendly service. Will recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Evening Out !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The ambience was warm and cozy. The service was very attentive, every time one of our water glasses needed refilled, it was done without asking. Such excellent and courteous service. Everyone enjoyed the bread basket. The menu, we found had something for everyone. All entrees were enjoyable. Dessert outstanding. It will be a remembered evening for me and my family. Our first time there and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Food loverJackieDined on 1/17/2014If you enjoy food, care about the presentation and decor, Brix is a good choice. Service is excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been around for a while but ....SFM1VIPDined on 1/15/2014..... still one of the best restaurants in Vancouver and also doesn't break the bank. They have not taken their excellence for granted and have managed to stay fresh and innovative in spite of being surrounded by major competition. KUDOS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance and servicebinkysmomDined on 1/13/2014We used a Travelzoo deal and had a nice mid-week dinner downtown. The food was good, but the service and ambiance were great. The music choice was a little off at the beginning of the meal, but got better (smooth jazz) by the time we had left.Special Features:
- Excellent food, romantic settingkikiDined on 1/10/2014The food and ambience were great for a date, however, I expected better service. The gentleman who took our coats and seated us was very friendly, but our waitress was not that friendly. I drink a lot of water at restaurants and I had to wait for great lengths of time before the waitress would come to check and see if our glasses needed refilling. However, I feel that might have just been the one waitress, and I would highly recommend this restaurant as a good date spot. The food was perfect and absolutely delicious. The lighting and decor is very romantic. I would probably go back for a special occasion because the food was so great, and just hope to have a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming west coast spotDonnaDined on 12/21/2013Good menu selection and everything my guest and I had was delicious. Our server was excellent. Unfortunately we found the hostess "less-than-friendly" on a couple of counts which put and left a bad taste in our mouths, in spite of how good everything else was that evening. if not for her, it would have been a 10 out of 10. First impressions are important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKellyDined on 12/19/2013We were a return group to this restaurant because of the great experiences we had on previous visits. Unfortunately, on this visit we were disappointed by the service. The food was exceptional and based upon the food alone, we would highly recommend this restaurant. The staff was distracted by two or three large parties; as a result, we did not feel attended to. This really detracted from our experience. Based solely on service and noise levels, we may not elect to visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fantastic!FussyEaterDined on 12/18/2013Everything was fantastic! We hadn't been for a long time--not sure why cause it is one of the best places in town in terms of food, service and ambience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have walked by the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2013I have walked by the restaurant many times as I live nearby. The entrance (you walk through a curtain) and the indoor patio inside always looked interesting. I read a number of reviews before I made my own reservation. Most of the reviews were quite positive although there were a few negative reviews regards to food and service. I found nothing negative about the restaurant as the most important things(food and service) were both very good). I would return there for sure.Special Features:
- Nice food - overpriced wineStephenDined on 12/9/2013A very pleasant dinner with colleagues, but I am still suffering sticker shock at the outrageous price of wine in BC (compared to California where I was previously). Makes a fairly simple business dinner into a rare and expensive event that cannot be repeated too often. Shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, muchZontarDined on 12/3/2013The food was excellent, much better at that that at many more highly rated restaurants I won't name. The service was unobtrusive and attentive. And, the restaurant was quiet even though it was at least half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect evening!ChrissyDined on 11/29/2013From the moment my husband & I approached the entrance, we were impressed. The courtyard is gorgeous and sets the tone for what awaits inside. Each staff member we interacted with greeted us and gave exemplary and courteous service. We had made a reservation with OpenTable, and were seated at one of the two lovely window tables. Wine & cocktail list was great! We chose the 1st Seating menu; an incredible value given the high caliber of the dishes. Every bite was deliciously satisfying. Brix's decor is perfect. It is elegance combined w/ charm & not the least bit pretentious. Only request would be to play more lounge/jazz style background music instead of pop. Will quite possibly be my new favorite! I can't wait to go back! Brix is a gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you BRIXOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Our dinner was spectacular ! from the time we entered the door until the door closed behind us, we were treated like gems. The food was presented most beautifully and the service was to be praised highly The surroundings were so lovely just to be in. A most wonderful evening was had by the three of us-Thank you. I have highly recommended Brix to my Grandson-who is a great foodie and has opportunities to visit highly respected restaurants quite often. I know he will be there!! and othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a Place!!!ChaCha008Dined on 11/27/2013You want Atmosphere! This is a hidden GEM!!! So cozy, romantic and quaint! Love their new semi-outdoor dining!!! the Food is FABULOUS as usual! Everything was delicious! Service was top notch! Love this place and will be back again soon! Thank you Brix!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodGreggDined on 11/22/2013Happy to get a reservation on a busy Friday at the time we wanted. In November its an odd entry through the diners in the courtyard but I am sure it works in the summer. Food was good, well priced, good portions....but....table was in a noisy corner and it rattled. Service was great and that pushed our dinner to slightly above average. If it cost more we would have been disappointed.Special Features:
- Courtyard dining in late fallFantasticDined on 11/22/2013My friend and I, admitted foodies. enjoyed a lovely pre-game dinner at Brix. Please don't miss this spot which can accommodate a more quiet, fine dining ambience at the Brix, but unbeknownst to us, there is also a hip lounge feel downstairs at George (I assume has the same menu). The food was made with outstanding care, flavour beyond measure along with heated courtyard/atrium seating and great service made this a 5/5 experience. Don't miss the crab cakes and the duck….still thinking of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go there again in a heartbeatMacsDined on 11/15/2013First time we've eaten at Brix. The food was absolutely fantastic. Service great, excellent menu, can't say enough about it.Special Features:
- Excellent spot for a date night.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013Service and food were as good as you can ask for. Our server was very knowledgeable about wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the UPBEAT YOUNG TRENDYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013I love the UPBEAT YOUNG TRENDY feel of this place - I definitely would return to try more dishes. The CARPACCIO WAS FRESH AND THE PRESENTATION WAS BEUTIFULL. .THE DUCK WAS TENDER AND SWEET. MY SON HAD THE LAMB WHICH BY HIS HMMMMS AND HAAS WAS REALLY GOOD. IT WAS FA LL OFF THE BONE TENDER Service was well-timed and friendly. Good wines list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.