1138 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2X6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brixvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6049159463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chris Bisaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Brix offers buyouts with the following minimum spends: Sunday - Tuesday - $8,000 Wed - Thursday - $10,000 Friday / Saturday - $15,000 All prices are exclusive of tax and 17% gratuity.
- Private Party Contact: David Hannay 6049159463
- Entertainment: Live music Mondays. Guitarist and vocals from 9pm - 1am. All bottles of wine under $100 are 30% off!!!
- Special Events: Brix hosts 50+ weddings each year. Please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Opening in April 1999 in a turn-of-the-century heritage building on Homer Street it quickly became known for its innovative food, an extensive, well priced wine list, and its warm and inviting atmosphere amid the high-beamed ceilings and original exposed-brick walls.
A unique glass covered key hole courtyard is one of the city's top restaurant patios and is the only Yaletown outdoor dining space opened past 11pm.
An elegant dinner features a wide range of seafood, game, meat and poultry dishes and close proximity to the theatre district makes the light early dining menu a perfect pairing. Brix is also a favourite for the late-night crowd, too, offering great late-night dining into the wee hours.
Vancouver's top cocktail lounge, George, is only a flight of stairs away down on Hamilton Street.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- Great food but noisySamyVIPDined on 5/3/2014A restaurant of this caliber should not accept large groups(12-14 people) since they are often loud and break up the ambiance of this wonderful restaurant. Check before you go to see if they have accepted large groups for dinner that night
- Atrium delightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014We went for dinner before a concert. We were seated in the atrium which made us feel like we were dining somewhere in Europe. Very cool! Food was excellent as was the service. Would highly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great for GFLuckyfindDined on 5/2/2014Delicious food and well recommended wine. We were seated at a quiet table. The service was slow but we were not in a hurry so it was to a problem. There were plenty of GF selections which was a bonus as my companion was celiac. Great neighbourhood too!Special Features:
- enjoyable eveningbettyDined on 5/2/2014great food and great service to start and then the service fell away. It took a long time to get the bill and and even longer time to pay it. otherwise our waiter was great - friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!GinnyKDined on 5/1/2014I love the covered courtyard! Food presentation and taste was great. It's definitely a restaurant that I will re-visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014Never disappointing . Service was excellent as always .waiter was very attentive and charming .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JohnHDined on 4/25/2014Our party of 7 had a great evening. Superb food, lovely ambiance in the courtyard and great service. Our selections covered most of the menu (which is not large) and each was a winner. We would all highly recommend and are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We weren't dissapointedHappyDinerDined on 4/25/2014We really enjoyed our special occasion with friends at Brix and plan to go again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatpajustDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I had supper at Brix for the first time last Saturday and it was a delight. The food was beyond delicious. I had the Cornish Game Hen and I relished every bite. It was a very generously-sized bird and cooked to perfection with lima beans, kale, and potatoes as a truly unique base and the sauce was neither overpowering nor overwhelming. My wife had the sablefish gnocchi. Separately they would have been spectacular, but together they made for a dish that was soft, warm, and velvety. She loved every bite. And I loved every bite she shared. We had decided against dessert because the food was so incredible, but our most excellent server furnished us with panna cotta on the house. It was so warmly appreciated and completely kind.Special Features:
- Great Food, Small PortionsVonWoogleDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant looks inviting. The room and the covered courtyard have a warm, welcoming feel to them. Definitely comfortable. The service was professional: knowledgeable, never overbearing but there when you needed it. The food looked and tasted excellent. BUT portions were too small to satisfy even smaller diners with smaller appetites, particularly when you factor in the prices charged for those portions. You must order an appetizer and dessert and eat a lot of bread (all of which were very good) in order to walk away full. It makes for an expensive evening, but one with good food in pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and romanticVancouveriteDined on 4/5/2014I always forget how romantic this space is and the ambiance did not disappoint. Our friends who were new to the place were pleasantly surprised. The service was warm, attentive and professional. Drawbacks were that the flavours were not necessarily up to the rest of the restaurant quality. My smoked cod gnocchi was delicious but my husband was disappointed in his risotto. Although rice was perfectly cooked, he found the squash risotto cloyingly sweet. The desserts were also bit underwhelming. We have not yet given up on this Vancouver classic and will return with perhaps some different choices from the menu.Special Features:
- I love the atmosphere - thedenoDined on 4/5/2014I love the atmosphere - the feeling of being outdoors. The service was well timed. I had the halibut and it was done perfectly. My husband very much enjoyed his Cornish game hen. The bread was scrumptious and I could easily have filled on that alone. We shared the beet salad, as we usually do, and it was no problem for them to put it on 2 separate plates. The salad was not exactly what we expected, but it was a very pleasant surprise and it showed that thought and effort went into making it a unique dish to Brix. We had the peanut butter cheesecake, which tasted too salty and we debated whether it was supposed to taste like this or whether somebody had accidentally substituted salt for sugar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been wanting to comeRistoDined on 4/4/2014I have been wanting to come to this restaurant for ages; was not disappointed and it was a nice as I had anticipated. We went to celebrate our 5th wed anniversary and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The food was outstanding! We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Excellent diningvsbyVIPDined on 4/4/2014We took an oversea guest to this restaurant for westcoast food. We were bit unsure since neither of us had been there before. / Well, the place lived up to its reputation - great food, beautiful restaurant, good service. This may be one of the best places in town for true northwest cuisine. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Brix!feedmeDined on 4/4/2014This beautiful restaurant is truly unique and an absolute find. The glass-covered courtyard, for starters, creates an ambience unlike any restaurant in town. Think Mediterranean chic, magical! We started with signature cocktails, the Blood Orange Margarita and the New Fashioned were delicious! The wine list is extensive with great value. The menu is extremely creative and a hit with the foodies. Every dish is like art on a plate and you can really taste the love. The Seared Scallops and Duck pate were amazing, as was the Game Hen and the Sablefish Gnocchi (hand-made). Yum! Friendly knowledgeable staff made our night spectacular. If you've never been to Brix, what are you waiting for? Fine dining without being stuffy or breaking the bank!Special Features:
- Awesome experienceNiMoVIPDined on 3/31/2014I brought a visitor from out if town. We both agreed that the service was par none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Brix was ExcellentMacDDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our evening at the Brix! Made are reservations thru Open Table and got a great table in the courtyard. Service was top notch, food was awesome, and the ambience was perfect for a nice romantic evening!! Great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Sitting: Excellent Set MenuHauteMooseDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I took an out of town guest to Brix. As we had an early reservation, we decided to avail of the early sitting Set Menu. Each course offered a choice of two items. We all agreed the offerings were excellent in quality, flavour and beautifully presented. The ambience in the atrium area was deIightfully elegant with a moderate noise level which allowed casual conversation. We would highly recommend the Brix restaurant and intend to return ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European feelWallyDined on 3/25/2014This place is a must see and you must sit in the courtyard area. It's covered but not completely, there are side vents that are open and it really feels nice and like you're outside. There are heaters so you won't get cold. Wine selection is outstanding! I ordered pickled beet salad and the goat cheese creme brulee was amazing. I ordered Beef Tenderloin and it was soooo flavorable. Server and owner were friendly and hospitable. I would definitely come back to try to the game hem and others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm smiling inside!MaggieJaneVIPDined on 3/24/2014I am a repeat patron of this restaurant. It is without a doubt my favorite downtown place to dine. The food is always spectacular, the service is unobtrusive yet extremely efficient. I prefer to eat out in the atrium because it makes me feel as though I'm dining in Europe. From start to finish the whole evening was a delicious dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local food!TreevillageVIPDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Brix. Our table of four shared 6 small plates and a bottle of wine. Fun way to taste many things offered on the menu. The service was great. The server was very helpful. A bit crowed in terms of seating…. wish they could spread out the tables a bit since the restaurant was not full. Overall a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we enjoyed a meal at BrixOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014we enjoyed a meal at Brix very much about three weeks ago and, on the basis of that, decided to take two friends for a meal. Although we enjoyed sitting in the courtyard three weeks ago, the heat and cold blasts this time out us off. As well, my partner's striploin was overcooked, not medium- rare as he requested, and uninteresting as a result. I did like my striploin and the spaetzle that came with it.
- Lovely Eveningdj6250Dined on 3/12/2014Had not been to Brix for a few years and can't imagine why not. Enjoyed a lovely mid week meal in the courtyard. Knowledgeable, attentive service paired with delicious food made for an excellent dining experience. Will not wait as long before making our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere, romanticDanzDined on 3/7/2014Great place to eat, menu a little short. Great service. Red wine a little cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myself and my girlfriend goTwofriendsDined on 3/7/2014Myself and my girlfriend go to a lot of nice restaurants in the greater Vancouver area and this by far is one of the best !!, Excellent food and service, great atmosphere and very good for a romantic evening. Will Definitely go back and make sure you make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our foursome had an exquisiteBreeDined on 3/4/2014Our foursome had an exquisite dinner in the outside courtyard, warm even though it was a wet and chilly night beyond the curtains. The food and wine were excellent - each one of us raved! I was also impressed as we could have a lively conversation and hear each other despite a fairly crowded evening - this was especially precious for one of our party who usually has trouble hearing and had none that night. Just absolutely charming and extremely delicious.Special Features:
- Great wine list, yummy appies...Jlo2377Dined on 3/1/2014Great wine list, yummy appies... Can't remember what we had lol. Gnocchi was not as good as I had hoped. Great atmosphere! Service was a little slower than previous visitsSpecial Features:
- Mostly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014I was here on Saturday night with family. The atmosphere is definitely a perfect setting for a night out in Vancouver. I was impressed with the by-the-glass wine list, which tends to be lacklustre at most places. The mussels for an appetizer were outstanding, the miso-glazed pork chops were delicious albeit a tad salty, and the beef tenderloin was a tasty piece of beef but the steak lacked a bit of seasoning. Overall, the eating experience was quite good. However, I found the service at our table to be very poor. 4 or the 6 diners were there 15 minutes before the last 2, and we did not get a drink order during those 15 minutes. I had a question about possible sediment in my wine and was quite rudely told it was nothing to worry about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service poor this time3HorsesDined on 3/1/2014Brix is a lovely restaurant and on my first visit every dish was tasty with lots of background flavour -- obviously made with care and imagination. But when I returned with friends on another night, our waiter ignored us and two out of four of us found our food underwhelming. Disappointing, but wouldn't give up entirely on Brix as our first time was a very positive experience and even on this off-night the hosts and ambience were superb.
- Good food, service and companyBookcrazeeDined on 2/28/2014Next time we'll book a courtyard table for the ambience. The food was excellent, the choices sufficient and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'First Seating' - WOW Value!ShaneBDined on 2/28/2014Decided to choose Brix for a romantic dinner because of how interesting, and nice it looked from the street. Discovered there was a First Seating menu, which is amazing value. The food was absolutely delicious, though our server lost interest in us once we asked for and ordered from that menu, which is slightly disappointing. But the ambience, food, and value for money completely overshadowed the mediocre service. The courtyard (enclosed) is amazing, doesn't feel like you're in a Vancouver restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambianceandiDined on 2/21/2014My partner and I hadn't been to Brix in quite some time and decided to bring along some friends. I had forgotten how just how lovely the ambiance is from the dramatic, romantic entrance to the exposed brick to the lovely lighting details. Many of Vancouver's restaurants are VERY crowded with tables only 6 inches from one another. Brix is lovely and spacious. Brix has an inventive and delicious cocktail list. The buffalo mozzarella salad was of generous portions and yummy. I had a mushroom pasta that was on the feature sheet. It exceeded expectations. We had a lingering dinner and never felt like we were being rushed out the door. We won't let so much time lapse in between visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, reliable foodOmeedDined on 2/21/2014This is our third or fourth time at Brix. On every occasion, we have felt spoiled by the excellent service. This time, it took quite a while for our entrees to arrive (1 hour since order), but our server and the manager were apologetic and attentive. The food was delicious. The mussels are good to order if only for the bites of homemade bacon and the deliciously crispy and spicy bread on top. I had the pork chop on cauliflower risotto and my girlfriend had the baked salmon. Both good, but the pork chop was great.Special Features:
- Nothing memorableLisaDined on 2/20/2014Ok food, good portion, below-average service. Not complaining but not returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Brix was an excellent restaurant.jkjkDined on 2/13/2014Brix was an excellent restaurant. The only negative was the hostess at George. We unknowingly walked into George, although our reservation was for Brix. The hostess didn't handle the situation very well at all and was quite rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was not extensive butFroggieDined on 2/12/2014Menu was not extensive but dishes well prepared. Attentive staff and was very quick to replace one entree to be done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MegasmileDined on 2/11/2014Nice place to go. Awesome food, service and ambience Little expensive but worth it. Water costs money but ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dying to get out of thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014We had eaten here before but we were in the courtyard last time which was very quiet and pleasant. This time we were inside and the noise level was "energetic", or what I would call "too high". The room is like an echo chamber - way too loud and I was very glad to get out. Everything else was very good. If you go there and you are not into energetic noise levels, ask to be seated in the courtyard. I guess a lot of people like it noisy: if so you have that option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!MoDeeDined on 2/8/2014This is a truly classy restaurant. The food is delicious and the ambience is perfect. The servers are very attentive but not overbearing at all. The kale salad was very good as was the wild salmon. They also have a great wine list. We were a group of friends and sat inside the restaurant which was lovely, but they also have a covered, heated brick courtyard with vines growing on the walls which I think would be perfect for a romantic dinner for two. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014Been here quite a few times and I am always pleased with the experience. Whether for a quick meal or a full dining experience. Staff are friendly and attentive, and the food is always delicious. The courtyard is an amazing gem and great for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.