934 Sixteenth Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rialtocafe.com/
- Phone: 3038932233x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Everyday, 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ruban Haunte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rialto Café has space onsite for up to 200 guests. We can also deliver to your office. Call 303-260-4732 for more information.
- Entertainment: Best Downtown Happy Hour[s] Happening Everyday! From 3-6pm we feature $5-6 Cocktails, $4 Wines & Mixed Drinks, $3 Drafts and Discounted Appetizers.
- Special Events: We've got SIN! Industry Special: 2 for 1 Drinks every evening after 9:30pm - close!
- Cross Street: Between Champa & Curtis
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Rialto offers discounted parking in the evening after 4:30pm and all day on the weekends at Independence Plaza. The entrance is located on Curtis Street between 16th and 17th on the west side of the street. Call 303-893-2233 for details.
A word from Rialto Cafe
Food With Spirit. Situated in the heart of downtown Denver on the popular 16th Street Mall, Rialto Cafe is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American foods. Using only the freshest of ingredients for his dishes, Executive Chef Ruban prepares a wide variety of foods ranging from Grilled Pork Chops, lightly smoked with a spiced cider jus, to Pan Roasted Salmon with a ginger cherry chutney. Offering simpler dishes such as the Rialto Burger or the popular Warm Roasted Chicken Salad, Rialto Cafe can please any palate and accommodate any price range. Rialto is within walking distance of the Denver Center of Performing Arts, Denver Pavilions, Convention Center, Comedy Works, and the Light Rail. Voted "Best In Denver" in several categories, Rialto Cafe offers the ultimate Denver dining experience. Rialto also offers discounted parking for night and weekends. Call for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rialto Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (24)great for lunch (23)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great serviceSkywalkerDined on 4/6/2014Definitely will be coming back and I will also invite my friends! They should experience this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014My husband and I had reservations, I called several hours before asking them to give us a seat which was wheelchair accessible (thinking they would be prepared) the receptionist had no idea and was flustered trying to think/act on her feet and accommodate us. We were seated next to a large party who allowed four young children to jump on the seats, throw food and the parents stood idly by. (This was in no way the restaurant's fault, but when I'm out for a nice dinner before a play- I was hoping for better ambience) The scene was FAR from romantic, which was what I was hoping for. Our waiter was very helpful and accommodating, but the food was AWFUL, needless to say we won't be back.
- Excellent brunch menu includingLynnDined on 3/23/2014Excellent brunch menu including unlimited fruit and pastry bar. Nathan is a very attentive and helpful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014I enjoyed y'all's brunch last Sunday. Our waiter Taylor did excellent especially since my sister was giving him a hard time, being funny. We'll be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service here was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2014The service here was outstanding -- my waiter (I wish I could remember his name!) took immediate care of me and let ME set the pace of my meal. The calamari was good, but I would have loved to have had a separate cup for dipping sauce. The chicken pot pie was FABULOUS -- light and flaky, yet still "comforting". I'd definitely return here for dinner before a show at the performing arts center.
- Great Gluten Free MenuAlyssaVIPDined on 3/19/2014Our group has vegetarians and gluten sensitive folks, and it is hard to find a place that serves these needs. Rialto was one of the few places downtown that had something everyone could eat. And it was delicious, too. Our service was great and I will be back.Special Features:
- Theatre EveningSeasonedDined on 3/18/2014This restaurant was convenient to the Performing Arts Center. The menu was varried and interesting. The food was good and our waiter was excellent. A nice easy walk from the Buell.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Our server was excellent! He was attentive, but not bothersome and offered up opinions when asked. Although, one of his opinions I didn't agree with, but everyone has a different pallet. In my opinion, the French Onion soup's flavors was very mediocre and they used swiss instead of Gruyere cheese. I would not ordered the soup again here. However, the Berry salad was good and flavorful with a lot of fresh berries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRialtoDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent and the location was ideal. Service was good and efficient. The drink menu was limited and the ones we had were not good so maybe just stick with beer or wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location & Parking PerkskarmagDined on 3/15/2014Another couple, my husband and I ate here for the second time. prior to attending a performance at the Denver Performing Arts Center, which is within easy walking distance, as the free parking facility offered by the restaurant. The food is fine although not great. We all had the pre-fixe dinner menu. The salmon meal was excellent, with a nice creamy polenta (though a bit skimpy on the spinach accompaniment). The meat loaf seemed heavier than it should have been, according to my husband. The service was excellent. I'm sure we will go to the Rialto again and probably all order the salmon next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PreTheatre GemPattypDined on 3/15/2014We dined here before attending the Opera. The food was a good value for the price! The service was excellent and the "pre-theatre" menu was a great bargain, including: choice from the pre-fix menu (which had a good selection); a bottle of wine at half-price; and free parking validation! And, just a couple of blocks from the theatre. You definitely can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Love the corn bread!EdCaVIPDined on 3/9/2014Corn bread is fantastic! Had a great trout dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs UpdatingwgwghwVIPDined on 3/9/2014First impression is that this place is dark, and noisy. We went for brunch but the choice was to order off the lunch menu or breakfast menu. The food was very good, service on the slow side, but the noise was so bad it was difficult to carry on a conversation. We were going to theater for which eating here is very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGWMcDonaldDined on 3/8/2014We were a party of 6 and had a great window seat. A very good waiter who paid attention to ever detail and was very knowledgable about the menu items and the nightly specials. We all loved our choices and shared bites with each other. I would highly reccommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Mimosas!ReneeVIPDined on 3/8/2014The bottomless mimosas are a great deal. The exotic juice bar has enough different juices to never get the same combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDebbieDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I went there before a show. We had excellent service, the food was delicious , and we were in and out in plenty of time. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRonaldDined on 2/28/2014We arrived a little early but were seated immediately. Our server was friendly, prompt and explained the restaurant week menu. We both had Steak Diane which was delicious and cooked just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & Gluten Free Items tooBethDined on 2/27/2014We have dined at the Rialto before and it is always a wonderful experience. It is a great place to go to for dinner before going to the theatre and their wait staff is very good about making sure they keep you on time, just let them know what time you need to leave for the show and they do everything else to make sure you have a relaxing and enjoyable dinner and you are out on time. We had an excellent waiter, very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list and very personable. It had been a long time since we have had some one who seemed to enjoy what he was doing and really wanted to ensure he did what he could to ensure we a wonderful evening. The food was very good and plentiful and the dessert menu looked awesome.Special Features:
- Good food but they forgot about usOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/26/2014Took too long to get our food and we had to go to the Theater.
- Great food, service and location!!KristinGDined on 2/23/2014A group of friends and I decided to come here for a pre-theatre dinner one evening and it did not disappoint! None of us had been here before and weren't sure what to expect. Our server not only kept an eye on us, but was eager to recommend different options for us to try. The presentation of food was beautiful and it was also delicious! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions too smallTommytimeDined on 2/15/2014My steak was supposed to be 6 ounces? Try three ounces. No dressing on my salad and no bread. We had to ask for bread and no one else did and we got the bread 20 minutes later. The bread was excellent though.Special Features:
- Great eveningMike20703Dined on 2/14/2014Went to Rialto Cafe for Valentines Day, and made reservations here on a whim because I had never been there. Safe to say my girlfriend and I had an amazing experience. I loved that they provided a rose for all of the ladies that were there last night, and my girlfriend absolutely loved that. Shane was our server and he did an awesome job. He was prompt, polite, and very attentive. The meals were amazing. I had the Diane and my girlfriend had the blackened ahi, and they were both amazing. This is somewhere I would not only recommend by will soon be returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a few bumpsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was great. My date and I went on Valentines day. It was quite busy, which may be why it took an hour to receive our food. The manager delivered our food and apologized for the wait. All was good until my date found some plastic in her pasta. We told our waiter and he assured that her meal would be free. It was free, which was nice that we didn't have to fight for it. I'm hoping it was a one-time mistake, because the food really was fantastic. I also hope the service gets faster. We got to our table around 8:15 and didn't get out of there until 10:30. Although, the tables around us had been in and out quick. Overall, a great place.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I came here for Valentine's Day and were not disappointed. They greeted us with a red rose at the door, and paid attention to us all evening. Drinks and food were great. At some point, after a minimal wait, our waiter came by to apologize for the wait and inform us that our ticket had been lost. We were in no hurry so we told him not to worry. Two minutes later our food showed up, delicious and warm. Although we did not feel inconvenienced, nor did we complain, the Rialto comp'd both of our entrees and we ended up only paying for drinks and appetizer. It was a great experience, and they definitely took care of us.
- Good food and service, friendlychadDined on 2/14/2014Good food and service, friendly and helpful staff and the ladies were given roses on valentines day!Special Features:
- Ordered surf and turf lobsterThomasDined on 2/14/2014Ordered surf and turf lobster was great, steak was ordered medium and the outside of it was medium the inside was rare to medium rare asparagus was undercooked. Valentines DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was great.tommydDined on 2/14/2014Our server, Darwin, was terrific, attentive, and ensured we got out on times to attend the ballet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehWelchan1Dined on 2/9/2014I've been here before for happy hour and late night happy hour. The drinks are better than the food. The place is nice and the service is good. The food just isn't all that great. The coffee was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereGirlsComedyDined on 2/9/2014Nice location for groups of friends, or even couples and individuals. Could order either brunch or lunch, which fit well with a group of varied tastes. Our waiter was efficient, friendly, and tended to our needs. One of the members in our group received a cold cafe au lait, and the waiter remedied the situation quickly. Reasonably priced, and love the casual and warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodCairnDaddyDined on 2/3/2014Our dinner was fantastic. The food was very well prepared. The lobster/shrimp pasta was wonderful. Our server was great-spent just the right amount of time checking back and refilling beverages. All in all, a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to relaxJennydoDined on 2/2/2014We went to Rialto before seeing a play on a Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty good brunch menu and the service was handled well. If you're looking for a quiet spot, this is not it. It's a chatty bar with the ability to accommodate groups. We enjoyed our brunch and were ready for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant had excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014The restaurant had excellent food and great service. It's perfect for a date night or special occasion, like a birthday or work function. It's beautiful in the inside and not so noisy that you can't have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KhixDined on 2/1/2014My husband and my Dad made reservations for my Mom and I before we went to the show at the Buell. Darwin was our waiter and he was wonderful! He made sure to ask if we were going to the show at the Buell and then asked if we wanted to order off the theatre menu. He asked if we wanted to split the soup and salad so we could both try them. He also brought us two forks for each dessert. Overall he was one of the best waiters I've ever had! The food was AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing, our drinksGooseDined on 2/1/2014Service was amazing, our drinks stayed full I felt tended to but the waiter wasn't obnoxious. The food was terrific. My husband and I look forward to going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater dinner excellentShelleyDined on 1/31/2014Excellent food, close to the theater. Enjoyed a relaxing dinner and still had time to get to the theater. Good variety in menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2014Wait staff was very friendly and gave us great service. We had plenty of time to eat and get to the symphony, but our server did acknowledge our time schedule and worked to get our food out timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was the staff hungover?LalaVIPDined on 1/25/2014That's what we were asking ourselves all morning! Our waiter was very slow, and forgetful, and looked like he was just having a miserable time. I ordered the bottomless mimosa, and after one, and experiencing his hangover, I decided I might refrain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing great, probably wont returnHallieVIPDined on 1/21/2014I was excited to eat here because they had a good gluten free menu. The food itself was fine, what wasn't good the service we received! Our waitress just did not seem to care. I have a gluten allergy and specifically ordered from the gluten free menu, it was clear that it needed to be GF....my creme brulee was brought out with a cookie on top. CLEARLY NOT GF! I sent it back, not a problem. She had split them when we did not ask for that. I put some money in one and when she picked it up I said that should cover both checks. I guess she thought that meant I did not want change? We waited another 10 minutes, still no change. That's fine, her problem if she wants a smaller tip. She only checked in with us once through out the whole meal.
- Fun dinnerBooBooDined on 1/18/2014We chose the Rialto Cafe for a get-together with friends. It is wonderfully located on the 16th St. Mall downtown. I asked for a "quieter" table and we were seated in a booth towards the back which was nice. The food was very good and service also very good. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Went with a group after theGoodFoodGoodFriendsDined on 1/18/2014Went with a group after the theater, within walking distance from Buell. Great in every way.Special Features: