Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay
25 Dockside Drive
Toronto, ON M5A 0B5Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://corusquay.atgurbantavern.ca/
- Phone: 6473441562
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11am - 9pm
Tuesday: 11am - 9 pm
Wednesday: 11am - 9pm
Thursday: 11am - 9pm
Friday: 11am - 11pm Kitchen closes at 10pm
Saturday: 1030am - 11pm Kitchen closes at 10pm
Sunday: 1030am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, International
- Executive Chef: Josh Wortly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering in the Corus Entertainment Building is available with space for groups of 6-1200. Whether you are looking to cater a breakfast, lunch, dinner or a BBQ on the rooftop, Against the Grain Urban Tavern can help you with your catering needs for your next meeting or event
- Private Party Facilities: Against the Grain Urban Tavern is a unique place to gather with friends, family and business associates. We feature internationally inspired foods, locally supplied ingredients, unique beers and tempting cocktails - all served in a sophisticated presentation and service. Whether you are hosting a private dinner or cocktail reception we specialize in groups of 15-300 guests. Take advantage of our private event space, meeting rooms and prime patio seating allowing you to relax and enjoy the spectacular view of Lake Ontario and the Toronto Island.
- Private Party Contact: Aleasha Gilpin 4165338368x
- Cross Street: Queens Quay & Jarvis
- Public Transit: Take the #75 bus south from Sherbourne subway station. Get off at Richardson Street and walk 59 meters to Corus Quay at 25 Dockside Drive.
Take the #6 bus south from Bay St towards Queens Quay and Jarvis Via Ferry Docks. Get off at Corus Quay or George Brown College.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You may park in the lot directly underneath the Corus building, and pay at the machine. Public pay and display parking can be found in parking lot, located North of the Corus building.
There is also street parking available on lower Jarvis and surrounding side streets.
A word from Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay
Against the Grain is the latest concept bringing urban chic to Toronto's Harbourfront. Located in the Corus Entertainment Building right next to Sugar Beach, this Urban Tavern is perfectly situated within walking distance to downtown, allowing you to relax and enjoy the spectacular view of Lake Ontario and the Toronto Island. Against the Grain is a casual Urban Tavern where people gather to enjoy Maple Chipotle Wings with a local brew, Pulled Pork braised in dark beer and molasses, Stone Baked Pizzas or traditional cocktails with a twist. All served in a sophisticated presentation and service. Unique local and European brews are tapped regularly along with interesting new and old world wines. Of course we can't forget the cocktails including our own signature "Against the Grain" made with Canadian whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay - Best Restaurants in Harbourfront ›
Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)scenic view (67)good for groups (35)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (22)romantic (14)special occasion (13)hot spot (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Accessible Dining with Great FoodDinahdmDined on 5/12/2014Lovely dinner to celebrate a birthday. Server was attentive and helpful with suggestions for food choices for our food intolerances. She also offered to check with the chef for us. One of our party had a walker and we were seated in a place where the walker was close but unobtrusive. Washrooms were close and accessible. We definitely will go here again. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- DefinitelyAgainsttheGrainDined on 5/11/2014We have gone to this restaurant many times, the patio view has always been more of a draw than the food, but this time even the view couldn't make us return. The bacon and egg breakfast that several of us had wasn't even close to the presentation, quality or quantity of your local EggsSmart. Daughters stir fry noodles was over powered with oyster sauce and there was no sign of the Asian vegetables listed on the menu. Bok Choy seemed to have been replaced with romaine lettuce and a few grated carrots.Special Features:
- New Brunch Location For UsgodessofbrunchDined on 5/10/2014We found this restaurant of the internet. It was a nice spot overlooking the lake. The eggs benny was great except the sauce was too lemony.Special Features:
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Drove into Toronto to meet some international colleagues and chose Against the Grain to show off harbour front. Everyone tried something different and all we're pleased. Server was amazing and cheerfully gave us separate bills for food and alcohol. Will come back in the summer to enjoy the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!CSMDDined on 5/5/2014Came here for a birthday dinner on a Monday night.We had a wonderful time. The food was beautifully presented and tasted eve better. Very relaxing and the server was attentive and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Harbourfront Lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014The service was great. The modern sofisticated setting made for great spot to conduct business. The food is what you should expect for a lunch hour and gets you in and out when conducting businessSpecial Features:
- A little disappointingMiniCooperDined on 4/23/2014The waiter was really good when we got there but we were not ready to order, twice, and then he disappeared for a while. The follow up waiter was friendly and made good recommendations but dinner was not hot when it was served. I was finished mine for about 15 minutes before anyone came back. The place was not busy and it took us 2 hours to have a dinner that should have been half that.
- Too noisy for brunch.Ricky8Dined on 4/20/2014I was hoping for a gentler ambiance to enjoy my Easter Brunch, but arrived to pop rock music pumping over the speakers. Staff was great. Food was so-so. I'm a sausage lover but is sadly didn't enjoy theirs. I think it would be a great spot for drinks by the lake when the weather warms up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food disappointingFoodieDined on 4/17/2014Great spot for hanging out for drinks and being social. The food on the other hand was disappointing.I had the fish and chips entree and it was nothing special -the fries were soggy. I ordered dessert - chocolate cake with creme Anglaise, there was hardly any creme Anglaise and there was more frosting/icing than cake. Would not go for the food but atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent as usual. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Excellent as usual. Great service staff ... just the right amount of attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great brunch!CherryDined on 3/23/2014I picked this restaurant while searching on the internet for a brunch place that wouldn't be too busy on a Sunday. The view was so nice, it's right beside Lake Ontario! Everything was spaced out nicely, light was great and bright, felt very open. Variety of places to sit; high chairs or normal. The food was delicious! I was very pleased with how well cooked everything was. The house made bacon, to die for! The green salad on the eggs benedict plate were the best I've ever had, the dressing was so delicious. I will definitely be coming back many times to try the whole menu out. I like that it wasn't so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great location...DiversionsVIPDined on 3/20/2014We found it hard to get to. Sort of hidden at the far corner in back of the lobby. Parking was too expensive. $9.00 for 11/2 hours ...but the view was wonderful and the service perfect. I've been the the ATG on Laird and like this much better but at Laird there's free parking, no view but the same menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in HarboufrontLaineyVIPDined on 3/19/2014My husband and I recently ate at "Against the Grain" at Corus Quay. The food was very good. I had pickerel on a bed of Israeli couscous with onions, beets and nuts. The fish was perfectly cooked. My husband had the sandwich of the day which was a very large roast beef sandwich which he enjoyed. Will definitely go back. The patio looks like it would be great in summer with a beautiful viewSpecial Features:
- ScenicGoodfoodTODined on 2/17/2014This place offers a great view of the lake front. The food was just okay. The service was quick. There was plenty of room. We were there for brunch. Tons of empty spots. It's definitely a destination location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinnermanda95Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I attending Against The Grain for our valentines day dinner and it was absolutely outstanding! The food was incredible, and not to mention the lake view. I definitely recommend this restaurant to people, you won't regret it! Check it out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sport for LunchalnbarthelVIPDined on 2/13/2014Ok, so the Olympics were on and there was way way too much intrusion from overly loud televisions, but the food couldn't have been better; well prepared, well presented and best of all it tasted as good as it looked. The staff was friendly and gracious and our waitress performed her job with good cheer and efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food tastes great.EatingGreatEatingLateDined on 2/12/2014I don't often compliment a restaurant for the steak I order as I all-too-often ask for it to be cooked medium rare and receive a steak cooked medium, sometimes medium well. Well, this time I ordered my steak medium rare and received a steak that was very nearly rare. It was exquisite. The rest of the meal (off the Winterlicious menu) was also great. I really appreciated the ambiance of the restaurant as well as the attentiveness of our waiter. I would gladly dine at "Against the Grain Urban Tavern" again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is always hit andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014the food is always hit and miss. unfortunately, this time it was a MISS for me. how could a clubhouse go wrong? when you load the turkey with fat and skin in the sandwich. pretty gross.
- The food didn't have muchShorttyDined on 2/9/2014The food didn't have much flavour and was pretty average.Special Features:
- Good draught beer selectiobnalsupremoDined on 2/8/2014Waiter was a little ambitious at first but slowed down when we told him we were not in a hurry. Winterlicous has a good menu. Only down side was the park. So many spaces but all expensive 24 x 7. They used to credit the parking against the bill but no longer do that. Also the parking machine is confusing and charged me $20 for the night instead of $10. Used to be a good deal when they credited the parking but having to pay makes the location a little expensive. They didn't rush with the bill which was great, hate to get the bill in the middle of the meal. Had to asked for it which added to making the night out comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winterlicious menu was greatSpencerDined on 2/8/2014Against the Grain's Winterlicious menu was some of the best I've had! I highly suggest trying this place out. Maybe wait until the summer so you can enjoy the patio, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just right for ourBarbDined on 2/6/2014It was just right for our group of 11 on Thursday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningFoodPirateDined on 2/4/2014This was a great restaurant to venture to, there were not that many people which made it amazing. It was during the wintertime, with a view of Lake Ontario. A small candlelight dinner between myself and my date. The food felt rather short, it was a good meal, but it was not a meal I would offer to go out of my way again. The portions were rather small, which was disappointing. The drinks menu showed promise, but was quite disappointed when the bartender told us it was not the season for pina colada's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for office dinner get togetheLoveItalianfoodDined on 2/4/2014Had a group for dinner and were provided a private room. Made for great conversations. Beautiful location and I look forward to going back in warm weather. They have an outdoor patio and provide blankets for chilly summer nights. Lovely view of the lake last night even though is it frozen. Dinner was fabulous. Went for WINTERLICIOUS. Great choice of beers! Delicious food and Caitlyn was a wonderful server. Great food, great service, can't complain about a thing. Look forward to returning for a lunch on the patio this summer. They have underground parking - enter on east side of the building. Great for our cold winter weather. Elevator up and everyone is warm and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceWendyDined on 2/3/2014Our server was very good. He came when he was supposed to, without bombarding us with questions about how was the food. The atmosphere was friendly and relax. Good value for the amount of food. I am planning to return in the summer when we can sit on the patio. Thank you. Lina Di CarloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just DelightfulCameliaDined on 2/1/2014Went there for Winterlicious 2014 on Saturday for Lunch. We were seated promptly, and our waitress was very quick and kind. Our food was served pretty quickly, we didn't have to wait too long. The place was unexpectedly very quiet, not to many people for lunch time, it was great and the food even better! I had the cauliflower soup to start, and the squash with pasta as my main, which was just perfect, not to heavy but filling and the taste was on the sweeter side which I enjoyed. I ordered the fudge brownie for dessert, nothing out of the ordinary but still good. Overall, I would definitely return as they have more healthy and gluten free options for anyone with any kind of restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Against the grain is an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Against the grain is an excellent spot for a group dinner. The noise level is great....you can talk to people at the other end of your table without feeling like you are yelling! Great beer and cocktail selection and the winterlicious menu was excellent.Special Features:
- OK Food, Mediocre ServiceFoodDined on 12/31/2013Food was acceptable but the service was average to below average. Would not consider going back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Job AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2013I have taken a co-worker for a retirement lunch ... although cold the view of the lake was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great viewSB123Dined on 10/31/2013I have been to ATG-Corus Quay several times. The food is consistently good, the service is always friendly and efficient. And there is nothing lovelier than the view over the water to the eastern end on the Toronto Islands. In any season, it does not disappoint. I have been to ATG for lunch and brunch on many occasions and it is always enjoyable. At dinner (indoors), I find the restaurant to be excessively noisy which detracts from the overall experience for me. Otherwise, a great choice.Special Features:
- Be careful when checking in.Kacey28VIPDined on 10/12/2013This place is a little out of the way but we were meeting friends attending a concert at The Sound Academy so it was a perfect location for us, the patio is great in the summer however we opted to sit inside as it was a chilly fall evening. The food was good, my friends loved the pulled pork nachos. My fish and chips were really good, my boyfriend was not crazy about his Steak frites. The wine by glass options are a little steep in price...it would be great to have some more reasonable options . I was not happy that alothough I chedked in with the hostess, she found the reservation but I was still given a no-show with Open Table. Luckily it was all straightened out in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Had an amazing time at this place. I would definitely go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met most of my expectationsDaveeVIPDined on 9/2/2013I arrived, wait about 5 minutes and nobody came to seat us so we sat ourselves. Had been looking forward to trying this place for a while. The waitress nice and attentive once we had sat down. The view is fantastic and the awesome weather made it even better, we were about 5 meters from the lake. I had fish and chips and my friend and I shared some wings. The wings were pretty good but the fish and chips were really grease. prices were a little high but I guess you paying for the location. I will definitely return for drinks. They have $5 pints and half price appetizers on Mondays. They had buttermilk chicken on the menu, id be interested in trying that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunate group outingmelanieDined on 8/23/2013Our office team held a celebratory lunch last Friday. Most of us ordered something with chicken breast; without exception all of us were very disappointed in the quality of food. Be it salad, sandwich or other menu item, if it had chicken breast it could not be consumed. I sent mine back and the host was very gratitious (provided me with a soup as to reorder would make all of us late to get back to work). My coworkers were disappointed as this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good Atmosphere/food, Service okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2013I made a reservation at Against the Grain, for dinner with my husband because I had been their last year with a couple of girl friends and remembered their beautiful patio, which is the perfect place to be on a hot summer night. The atmosphere was lively for a Monday evening - a lot of groups and several couples. We were greeted at the front door and immediately led outside to a table that hadn't been cleared. I was a bit concerned having read other reviews about service here. We were interested in their Monday special - $5 beers and 1/2 price appetizers before 7 pm. Our server swiftly ran off to input this order so that we could get the deal. We followed this with a nice dinner. I would go back again, to enjoy dinner on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchNuyoricanDined on 8/15/2013This was a very nice place to have lunch with some close friends. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the view was lovely.Special Features:
- Great time on an outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2013Great time on an outdoor patio looking out on the Toronto waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have loved to be invichyssoiseDined on 8/13/2013I would have loved to be in the patio, but it was too cold (in August). But nevertheless, we had a good view. Next time, when it is warmer, definitely the patio. The server was friendly and fun. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience, but food is lackingSteveDined on 8/13/2013The ambience is excellent, and our server was very helpful and attentive. They have good beer and wings specials. We had fish and chips which was a bit greasy, wings which were tasty, but the soup was awful. There is much better food in Toronto. But for the money it was ok. Recommend for patio, good service and stick to non fried food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slippingfreedog16Dined on 8/8/2013Something has happened to the food. There must be a change in chef as four of the five dishes we were served were extremely bland. Flavourless pasta and fish dishes. Service ambiance and location remain excellent, maybe it was just an off night as this has never happened before. Usually the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.