270 S. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seafoodunlimited.com/
- Phone: 2157323663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday:5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Judi Einhorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu, as well as other selections are available for delivery, setup and service in the Center City area.
- Cross Street: 20th and Spruce
- Public Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available as well as a lot and garage at 20th & Walnut 1 1/2 blocks away.
A word from Seafood Unlimited
We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seafood Unlimited reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (21)romantic (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)special occasion (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- This is a local spot, withMickiVIPDined on 9/14/2011This is a local spot, with very few dining tables. The food was good, and fresh. Very casual, and reliable.
- Not worth it.DisappointedDined on 9/14/2011Atmosphere was marginal. Food was marginal. Service was marginal. And, having now done two other food week restaurants, the price was no real bargain.
- Went for restaurant week,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2011Went for restaurant week, not pleased with the restaurant week menu. The food did not fit the priceSpecial Features:
- The food was great. The ambiance..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2011The food was great. The ambiance...not so much. It was very small...so small we requested to sit outside where the seating was also very tight.
- Best selection of fresh seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2011Best selection of fresh seafood. Very reasonable prices.
- The place was packed so IJimwithJenVIPDined on 8/5/2011The place was packed so I doubt they need any more good reviews but everything was great.Special Features:
- Plentiful selection of seafoodCarolPmsVIPDined on 7/22/2011Plentiful selection of seafood with good size portions. Was refreshing for a very HOT day. Service was attentive but not overwelming. A great place to enjoy a mean & a lengthy conversation with your dinner partner. Not at all rushed. Desserts excellent !!Special Features:
- Maybe worth a second visit.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2011We were the only customers hence no atmosphere..... Main course was delivered before we had finished our starter. Food was ok.
- During this latest visit,OctoberdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2011During this latest visit, I was disappointed with a long-time neighborhood "go-to" restaurant. Service was slow and inattentive, if pleasant - for example, we had to ask for glasses of water three times before we got them. Food was passable but nothing special: oysters were below par, soft-shell crabs were overcooked, gazpacho was mediocre.
- A Gem in the WallKeeper22Dined on 7/8/2011the food was outstanding, online reservation made things very convenient, parking the usual pain for downtown eating, service professional, and friendly We would highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a variety of good seadoodSpecial Features:
- Delicious and AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2011Food is delicious, restaurant is small but coxy and warm. If someone can not afford their prices then please do not think out dining out. Not expensive,delicious,(stuff shrimp) and service is great. A return visit for me.Special Features:
- Good food!JimwithJenVIPDined on 5/20/2011Really good food, it reminds me of some of my south Florida seafood restaurants I love. Size of a row home but still had no problem getting in and seated but I would suggest reservations. They do have two toppers out front on the side walk that looked very nice but it was raining. They also have a nice bar in the front that is small but works. We were hot during dinner but as soon and we said something they turned the AC on and it cooled off nicely. We are looking forward to going back some time soon.Special Features:
- Went for a celebratory lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2011Went for a celebratory lunch with a fish-loving graduating college student. Our fish entrees were fresh and well-cooked and we treated ourselves to delicious Key Lime pies for dessert. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Quite pleasant.Special Features:
- We chose Seafood UnlimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011We chose Seafood Unlimited as a graduation dinner. and we love seafood. We were a little surprised at the size of the restaurant, and the ambiance but the food more than made up for it. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The food was excellent. All the members of our party really liked the seafood and the selection and would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fish, Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Simple diner atmosphere, but really excellent food. Prices were reasonable. Would recommend for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- This was the first time myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011This was the first time my colleagues and I had been to Seafood Unlimited. The lunch menu contained a number of food items that appealed to the taste of everyone in our lunch party. Because we each selected different entrees, we had the opportunity to share taste the flavors of each of the dishes. The quality of the food was superb and cooked to perfection. Our only reservation is that it took awhile for the food to arrive to the table. Apart from that, this is definedly a must return restaurant for us!Special Features:
- Food was good. Wait for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Food was good. Wait for food was a bit long. We had a good time. Waitress was kind of overwhelmed which I found funny considering that there were only 4 other small groups in the place. Its a small place though and seems really cool with good food. I went before with my girlfriend and we really liked it the first time - was romantic. This time we were with my family for mothers day and it was good again.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011We had a great meal and the service was great!! We were a large party and they were able to accomodate us without a problem! Will definitely go back!
- Very good seafood resturantvodvoxVIPDined on 5/7/2011Very good seafood resturant in a charming locationSpecial Features:
- The quality of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2011The quality of the food was really good, as well as the presentation. The portions were a little on the small side though.Special Features:
- I found the fish oversaltedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011I found the fish oversalted and the side dishes bland, but we had a pleasant time anyway. Some of us were more satisfied than others. I think I m,ade a mistake by ordering a special.
- What a find. Seafood UnlimitedCriticalWhinersVIPDined on 4/29/2011What a find. Seafood Unlimited is a true neighborhood gem. The seafood is fresh, really great and excellent prices. Finally, a center city restaurant where you can relax, hve a great meal and not pay top dollar for cocktails or wine. We even got to meet with the owner, David, who shared some cooking tips with us. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- We enjoy honest, straightforwardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011We enjoy honest, straightforward seafood and were pleased with this find. It was small; we almost walked past it. The food was reasonably priced, unpretentious and good. It's not the best seafood we've ever had, but we've paid a lot more for a lot worse. We had a difficult time ordering because there were so many things that we liked on the meny. It was a perfect destination for a casual dinner. We plan to go back.Special Features:
- We had one of the absoluteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/22/2011We had one of the absolute worst meals in a long time at this restaurant. It was a total embarrassment! I was asked to pick a center city restaurant for my wife’s family. Always looking for something new, we decided to give SU a try. We were also looking for something healthy so the fresh seafood concept sounded like a good fit. My mother in law and I had the tuna which was pathetic. It was so tough it tasted like the proverbial shoe leather. My father in law had a fish dish that was likewise horrible. The sister in law had the only acceptable meal which was a simple fish preparation, I believe tilapia, prepared in a nice butter and lemon sauce. The service was attentive and pleasant and the restaurant nicely decorated but the
- This place was not what iOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2011This place was not what i thought. I thought it would be more upscale. It's fine for what it is but it's not a place to dress up and have a romantic night out
- Large menu, but unimaginative1stdiscriminatingdinerVIPDined on 4/3/2011Large menu, but unimaginative presentation. Overall, very disappointing.