270 S. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seafoodunlimited.com/
- Phone: 2157323663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday:5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Judi Einhorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu, as well as other selections are available for delivery, setup and service in the Center City area.
- Cross Street: 20th and Spruce
- Public Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available as well as a lot and garage at 20th & Walnut 1 1/2 blocks away.
A word from Seafood Unlimited
We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seafood Unlimited reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (26)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)Show More
- awesomedwyc1223Dined on 1/27/2014Food was absolutely delicious! ! Next time I will remember it's a b.y.o. wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablegoodfoodDined on 1/25/2014I will certainly go back for fresh and delicious food.Special Features:
- Food was very unimpressive.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/20/2014Food was very unimpressive. Have no interest in returning to try the regular menu.
- Great Choice for Restaraunt WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2014We visited during Restaurant Week Jan, 2014. Seafood Unlimited was our choice, because they offered 4 courses. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!FoodieDined on 1/19/2014My visit to Seafood Unlimited was a first and I was impressed. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I was impressed by the selections for restaurant week and the portions were just right. Except for the parking, my overall dining experience was good. I would visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the Salmon withOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/17/2014I ordered the Salmon with rice. The Salmon was extra dry and the rice was served with burnt, hard grains.
- Excellent ExperienceJoanDDined on 1/11/2014Food and Staff were excellent. We had a party of eight for a birthday dinner. Everyone got plenty of food and all entriees and appetisers were excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehDeeEatsDined on 1/4/2014I'll keep it short, but the food was nothing more than average. The sides were bad. So much so that they actually took away from the overall experience. My swordfish was a bit overdone and dry, but would have been better without any sides. My date shared the same sentiment, and we both left under the assumption that the sides must be from a frozen package. I don't even think they seasoned the vegetables at all. How about a little butter and maybe some black pepper on your greens? I would not venture back here as there are far more tastier options all over this city.
- Always a Wonderful ExperienceJevinDined on 12/31/2013The owners and staff are always welcoming warm & accommodating. I always enjoy my meal and the pricing is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New year's eve group dinnerSilverQueenVIPDined on 12/31/2013Our group enjoyed our dinners - tasty fish and lobster platters. We appreciated the restaurant's byo policy and regular prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always this restaurant'sJustBobDined on 12/31/2013as always this restaurant's food and service is very good. after the renovations it was a bit off but it has recovered to be better than ever... I would gladly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great local restaurantKarlDined on 12/31/2013This is a great local restaurant which has been recently redecorated. A neighborhood gemSpecial Features:
- Great Neighborhood Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013Very affordable seafood restaurant - lots of great options at an attractive price compared to other restaurants in Rittenhouse Square. Fun atmosphere and ambiance! Cute bar with a great specialty drink selection!Special Features:
- Good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013Everything was fresh and well prepared. The oysters were extremely good. This is a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/15/2013Just steps off Rittenhouse Square-you'll have great food at half the price the restaurants right on the Square are charging! Unlimited Mimosa special is great! We had the shrimp and grits, citrus cod, and salmon. All three were great, but the shrimp is the best dish. There are non-fish selections too! Great ambiance with wall mosaic and outdoor seating when the weather gets warmer. I take all my friends there when they visit the city.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood GemDowntownDinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013We have been here twice and the food is fresh, tasty, consistent, well-prepared and well-priced. It is nice to have a few places in Rittenhouse/Center City West that are not too crowded (Audrey Claire, 20 Manning, Continental) or overly sceney (Pac, Rouge). It is a great place to drop in, have dinner and a beer with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding fish dinnersSilverQueenVIPDined on 11/23/2013We enjoyed the veg tempura appetizer, then very delicious swordfish dinners with sweet potato cakes, then the best key lime pie. I go their often and will return and recommend it others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected TreasureGoodfoodgoodx85Dined on 11/22/2013I had never been here before but had looked over the reviews and they were great so I dined there with my boyfriend and 8 others. It was excellent. The steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned, they didn't skimp on the drinks either. The service was impeccable and last but most definitely not least, the seafood was fresh and absolutely delicious. I would come back here again and again and it is most certainly one of my new favorite hidden gems in the city. A must visit for any foodie because you can tell that the owner takes great pride in his food and restaurant and my hats off to them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 11/17/2013We enjoyed crab eggs benedict, French toast on brioche, and other dishes. I like being able to make a reservation for brunch and not waiting in line. Server was courteous, friendly and attentive. The place was not crowded, not noisy. Overall very pleasant and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably DeliciousSpodra77Dined on 11/2/2013Seafood Unlimited is one of our "go-to" restaurants for a reasonably priced, quality, delicious seafood dinner in Center City. The food is consistently very good to excellent, not exorbitantly priced and they are a byo with an extremely affordable corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific seafood!TigresSKSVIPDined on 10/26/2013As other reviewers have said, this place is tiny from the outside, and not much bigger on the inside, but the food is absolutely terrific. The raw clams were so very fresh. The Sauteed Scallops & Mushrooms Over Rice (we substituted pasta) was rich and flavorful. The fish of the Fish & Chips was light and flakey and the chips were great: hot and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The tuna, asked to be done rare, was actually done rare and was quite tasty. The calamari stuffed with crab meat was terrific, particularly the sauces (NB: It's not stuffed, fried calamari).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster nightrunningwaterDined on 10/25/2013we went for lobster night. The special was a 1 1/4 lb lobster with 2 sides for $15.00 or two for $25.00. The lobsters were attractively presented, split and cracked. They were very delicious. Sweet, moist and easy to get out of the shells. I had the sauteed vegetables and the home-made coleslaw for my sides. My wife had the baked potato and coleslaw. We started off with a happy hour ($5.00) drink. Wine for her and a margarita for me. All in all, a delightful experiece.Special Features:
- Lobster dinner - Wow!SilverQueenVIPDined on 10/25/2013We had an outstanding lobster dinner - the lobster was sweet, fresh, and tender. Our server was attentive and courteous. Wine was excellent. Not too noisy - great for conversation. The restaurant is one of my favorites and I will return many times and recommend it to others. Another thing I like is the happy hour. There are many choices of wine, beer and cocktails and tasty apps at discounted prices, offered consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although there is a full bar,FishtacoVIPDined on 10/19/2013Although there is a full bar, the acceptance of BYO wine is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Seafood MealBobSVIPDined on 10/13/2013Good service, good seafood, Isiah Zagar mural a plus. BYOB and fillbar also a plus.Special Features:
- Simply excellentDianeDined on 10/4/2013Not a fancy restaurant. Just consistently excellent preparation of very fresh food served very professionally in a comfortable setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, butNewsyrobVIPDined on 9/30/2013As usual, the quality and preparation of the fish was outstanding. On this visit, however, my roll tasted like it was defrosted in a microwave and the bits of broccoli that were served on the side were past their prime; if at home, I would have trimmed the brown spots from the stems. Otherwise, a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Freshest Fish" was frozen?!tcharlesDined on 9/28/2013All that needs to be said: my "fresh" bass was in fact a frozen filet. That's enough to indict any seafood restaurant. Too bad, I had high hopes. Should have been warned by the lack of other patrons. I decided not to bother sending it back; just ate quick, got out, and won't return.
- Check this Spot outGreatDined on 9/27/2013It was restaurant week when my wife and I visited this spot. The food was FRESH!I find a lot of other venues have pre order menus, food to serve the customers faster. The seem to care about the customer and their presentation of their food. We Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet and tastefulSeafoodluverDined on 9/27/2013Great food packed with tons of flavor. Food was well seasoned and prepared & they had a nice selection of wine and cocktailsSpecial Features:
- To Close For ComfortPamDeeDined on 9/27/2013The seats was so close it made it very hard to get in my seats without bumping the table next to me. I felt like my elbow was in the next tables plate. If your going to participant in restaurant week you should try to make the customer want to come back. Dessert is the last thing I remember and I got a corner piece of cake and the cake was Hard as a brick!
- Good foodDivaDined on 9/26/2013My friends and I came for dinner during Restaurant Week and the food was delicious and filling...we had to take the rest of our food home with us. I am definitely coming back to try their other choices on the menu with my fiancee in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Bland and underseasonedSteveinPhillyVIPDined on 9/26/2013We had not been to SU in over 20 years (when it was a fish market). We went for Rest Week Lunch this time. We don't like spicy but the food was way underseasoned. (and portions small for the price). The pasta with shrimp (and they were medium shrimp) in a pink sauce had virtually no flavor and sauce was thin. (needed salt too). This was dissapointing because menu LOOKED great.
- Seafood UnlimitedPHILLYPUMPKINDined on 9/24/2013Food was very good (cooked very well, and served while still hot). Our waitress was very good at her job. Had a quality meal for a decent price. Would definitely return during the week, as it's a small restaurant and probably extremely busy on the weekend.
- 20th st. diningMikeDined on 9/22/2013Small restaurant with excellent seafood that is reasonably priced. The oysters are a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish lunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/22/2013We enjoyed the Restaurant Week special. Started with mimosas. Then squash soup, panko-crusted fish entree, and carrot cake for dessert. Delicious food, courteous and attentive service. I have dined at the restaurant many times and will return again and recommend it to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed?jfl232Dined on 9/21/2013Food was fairly tasty although the portions were a little small. The small portions could be because it was restaurant week. The service however was a little off. Staff showed up twice at our table with incorrect dishes mixing us up with other tables. The seafood empanada was tasty though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fresh seafood at reasonableLizardDined on 9/21/2013Very fresh seafood at reasonable prices. Extended Restaurant Week menu to Saturday night. Prompt, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cfooo UnlimitedfinedineDined on 9/19/2013I ate here during restaurant week. It is a small intimate space. I had ridden past the restaurant earlier that day and didn't even realize it. We had a four course meal. The New England clam chowder was great. It wasn't too rich. The seafood empanada was good, but the sauce was a little spicy. The steak and shrimp were very good I didn't care for the roasted veggies. The pineapple coconut bread pudding was delicious. It wasn't too sweet. I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodieDined on 9/18/2013Went here for restaurant week. Great ambiance and cute restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was quick and attentive. Definitely try again.Special Features: