270 S. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seafoodunlimited.com/
- Phone: 2157323663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday:5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Judi Einhorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu, as well as other selections are available for delivery, setup and service in the Center City area.
- Cross Street: 20th and Spruce
- Public Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available as well as a lot and garage at 20th & Walnut 1 1/2 blocks away.
A word from Seafood Unlimited
We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seafood Unlimited reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (26)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)Show More
- neighborhood gem.runningwaterDined on 6/19/2014Recently refurbished. Attractive decor. Good seafood, reasonably priced. Nice early bird specials. Friendly environment. Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something a little differentRandyOVIPDined on 6/14/2014My girlfriend ordered the soft shell crab which came already shelled and pan fried. It was definetly a little different but tasty. I had the seafood cobb salad which was very goodSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinnerSilverQueenVIPDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed delicious lobster and swordfish dinners. I dine here regularly and love it. I highly recommend it.
- Fabulous softshellsRuthinAZVIPDined on 6/9/2014I had unbelievably good soft shells which the waiter recommended when I was between two items. They were cooked perfectly and came with mashed potatoes and asparagus which were also cooked perfectly. The Seafood Quintet had fantastic shrimp and scallops. I thought the sea bass, salmon and tilapia were good, but nothing extraordinary. Our server was attentive and friendly. The dinner was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was expected.jtyfunuticaDined on 6/8/2014Resturant itself was nice food was not what I expected at all... fish tasted frozen and instead of being crusted it was soggy like they cooked it in broth... I would not go back.
- Enjoyable brunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 6/8/2014This is a good place for brunch, not crowded, and you can make a reservation. I enjoyed the crab eggs benedict and my friend loved her fish and chips. There are many good options on the menu. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Great location but...BajaDined on 6/6/2014Philly needs seafood restaurants. 30 years ago we used to go to Seafood Unlimited for fresh, unfancy meals. I've been there twice in their new version and I won't go again. My husband had bluefish that wasn't fresh. He didn't finish it but was still up all night feeling lousy. My "panko-crusted" seabass was an odd-tasting oily fish, didn't taste like seabass to me, made with breadcrumbs and then splashed with so much liquid, not crusted in panko which promises a crunch. My son's salmon and potato was fine, so i guess you'd be safe with that. The creamed spinach was good, the waiter was very nice. The prices, even if the food had been good, were pretty high.
- Lobster Tail SpecialrunningwaterDined on 6/4/2014We went for the lobster tail special on Wednesday nights. The lobster tail was succulent. Served with melted butter, Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious. We were early enough for happy hour and had the half priced mussels. A generous portion and also very good. The service was friendly and the ambiance interesting and pleasant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Seafood Unlimited reviews archive.
- Very nice spot!Foodlov3rDined on 5/23/2014Great service, romantic, cozy and great tasting food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun diningLarInPhillyDined on 5/17/2014We brought friends from out of town. All of us enjoyed the service (not particularly friendly, distant, but ok with that as it was "professional"). The food was quite good. Interesting wall decorated in "found pieces" of glass and tile collage.
- beautifulspotDined on 5/17/2014was somewhat disappointed. Restaurant is not what it looks like in pictures. We were given a brunch menu on a Saturday afternoon (2:30) lunch. No what I expected. Was looking for broader menu. Plates did not come out looking like they do on the website. Website makes this place look much more upscale.
- First time visiting, will go backphillyfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a large party and we received good service from our waitress. Everyone's order was correct and all the food came out at the same time. The food was tasty. I had the shrimp and grits. I would have preferred a stronger flavor of cheese in my grits, but the consistency of the grits was on point. The shrimp were large and grilled to perfection. I didn't care for the tomato based sauce on top, but overall the dish was very tasty. My fiancee's omelette was overcooked and the turkey bacon was undercooked, but I told him that he should have ordered seafood from a seafood restaurant not diner food :) We split a crab cake appetizer and that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2DineDined on 5/10/2014This was my second time dining at Seafood Unlimited. Great place, however, they were short staffed the Saturday before Mother's Day. Therefore, the service had taken longer than expected. Other than this, my mother and I enjoyed our brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YukdrexelmomDined on 4/26/2014Now i understand why the place was so empty on a saturday night. The place is cute but the food was awful.
- Fresh lobster dinner was deliciousSilverQueenVIPDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed the fresh steamed lobster on special that evening. What a treat! Server was friendly and helpful. I eat dinner here frequently and would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andHamchiDined on 4/4/2014The food was excellent and we treated very well by the staff. Very attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables were close, so if theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Tables were close, so if the people next to your table were loud it was hard to have conversation with the people at your own table. I had the crab cakes and was disappointed. The crab meat was shredded and watery inside. The vegetables had no flavor nor did the crab cakes.
- outstanding fresh fish.....serviceLennyVIPDined on 4/2/2014outstanding fresh fish.....service was great....since it is a small place reservations are advised.....wish they had a bigger location as tables are close......well worth a visit for the best fish meal aroundSpecial Features:
- reviewTeresaDined on 3/28/2014The interior was beautiful, modern, yet warm and cozy. The wait staff were attentive but not overbearing. I would rate it higher except both my dinner guest and I found our dishes extremely salty..to the point that neither of us finished the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedBrunchDined on 3/23/2014The restaurant didn't open until 11am. We arrived at 10:55 and the door was locked. Our fault that we didn't pay attention to opening time. It was a little weird standing outside waiting. The menu was great. It was what attracted us there. All the food was over cooked but good. The server was just okay. Not overly friendly, but not rude. I inquired about Easter Sunday and the server never got back to me with an answer. Where most places are overflowing on Sundays, there were only 3 tables. That wasn't a bad thing though. I think the value for the dollar was good. I might go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary bummerDiamondsDined on 3/21/2014we live close by, thought this would be a great place for an informal anniversary dinner, food was great, drinks were not (a drop of alcohol and much juice) husbands beer was good and cold) not a very friendly place, we felt very uncomfortable like we did not belong there, waitress was ok, bartender was not, as we left the restaurant, no one (employees) bothered to say good night or anything else, maybe they just didn't like the way we looked (inter racial couple celebrating their 30th anniversary)Special Features:
- Quiet an unusual experienceyanquilandiaDined on 3/19/2014I made a reservation just in case I needed it, but when I arrived around 9 pm, I was the only one there with the exception of a woman at the bar. Nobody else arrived at all during the entire time I was there. The tables resembled those found in a cafeteria and didn't have an upscale feel. I had raw oysters as a starter. Two were very small and two were very large. All good quality. I had the sirloin and 1/2 lobster tail as the main plate (they had a promotion for $25) and the beef was cooked as requested (very rare) and the lobster tail was fresh. I was just sort of disappointed in the wait staff. Even though the place was empty, I felt they didn't care.
- Great Food drinks & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014Ate here for the 1st time. The food was excellent, and the service was superb. I will definately return. I sent a text to a friend after leaving the restaurant and recommended they eat there. I also loved the adult ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2014The ambiance is always delightful and the service is 5 star. I was not wowed by the lobster and I don’t think this is the chefs specialty. It was the first time I order this and it was not a tasty as all the other foods that are chefs specials on the menu. Next time I will stick with what I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bennett PartyMusselMondaysDined on 2/17/2014My sister & I really enjoyed ourselves at the restaurant. Recommended to all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCandyGirlVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great spot for Sunday brunch. The salmon was grilled - medium - just as requested. They have a brunch special on mimosas. The service was prompt, but there was no hovering. Not my first time here, nor my last.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014This place is small, but the food and service were both good. The price was good, had a good time on Valentine's Day after all my preferred restaurants were booked. I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dinner was perfectKarkitchreviewDined on 2/14/2014Best lobster I ever had, a generous portion and the steak sauce was amazing! Ahi tuna with coconut rice great too. I would I back just for the crab and corn chowder though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJimwithJenVIPDined on 2/12/2014I love this place. I always get the best fried shrimp here. I hear everything else is good but I don't know because I love the shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood in the Snow StormOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2014We visited Seafood Unlimited in the middle of a snow storm, and we were fortunate to have a seat by the window where we could watch the snow fall. This first visit was a very nice experience. We thoroughly enjoyed a comfortable dining room, excellent service and a delicious dinner, all at a reasonable price. We look forward to exploring more of the menu entrees in the future, and hope that others give Seafood Unlimited a try.....Special Features:
- Our request for a seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Our request for a seating in the rear dinning room was accommodated. The food was very good. I have been SFU before and look forward to going again. Since I recommended that my friends dine here, I was pleased that everyone had positive things to say about the food.Special Features:
- A Side of SoupCheerDined on 1/31/2014Service was great. The place is small but its cute inside. The food was good but nothing to rave about. The clam chowder was delicious but I thought the crab stuffed tilapia was bland and my carrot cake was dry. I think the chef and menu have potential but flavor is missing here.Special Features:
- Average and unforgettableDominiqueVIPDined on 1/31/2014My husband and I tried Seafood Unlimited after being late to the game scheduling a Friday night reservation during restaurant week. All our regular spots were booked which was fine cause we were up for trying somewhere new. We grabbed an 8:30 reservation but went at 8:00 to grab a drink at the bar before dinner. Our table was ready when we got there and the bar didn't have any seats so we sat down. Within 5 minutes our order was taken, our wine poured and our first course served. The pace didn't stop there. We were served 4 courses in less than 45 minutes. As soon as took our last bite our food was whisked away and the next one brought. The food was average (at best) with the tenderloin being the highlight. We wouldn't return.
- Restaurant week dealHappyDinerDined on 1/31/2014Great seafood choices. Nice option for restaurant week. Restaurant is tiny, and tables are very close together. Wait staff could dress a bit more professionally.Special Features:
- Pretty Good but Actually LimitedFoodieFreakDined on 1/31/2014My only hangup was the seating...Personally I believe in a thing called personal space and I don't believe this restaurant took that into consideration when setting the floor plan. The food wasn't bad, I felt the appearance of the plate was higher in quality rather than the actual tasting of the meal. I intend to return at somepoint. Perhaps it was the limited menu selection (I went during the infamous restaurant week).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I happened to try this restaurantaram331Dined on 1/31/2014I happened to try this restaurant with my family during the last day of Restaurant week. At first glance i was a little taken back by its small size. There is not a lot of seating in this store but once I was seated the staff was very nice and friendly. The meal was very good and everything that was brought out was nice and hot. Food selection was very fresh. Even the drink that was recommended by the waitress was very tasty and strong like I like it. I would defiantly return to this little gem again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davis' night outRoxDDined on 1/30/2014This restaurant is very small. You're practically sitting with the couple next to you. However, the food was very good and the atomosphere was nice. Our waiter was very helpful with making food and drink choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Good ambiance.DYFoodieDined on 1/30/2014Good food. Good ambiance. Would recommend and go back.Special Features:
- 3 out of 4 ain't badkcattie77Dined on 1/29/2014The NE Chowder was flavorful but lacking clams The fried app was very good. The main course of shrimp and steak was not good. Shrimp was dry and tasteless , the steak and demiglase was bland as well as mashed potatoes ...my partnets shrimp over past was good The pumkin Bread pudding was very good...mouse not so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly serviceBirthday56gyrlDined on 1/28/2014I picked this restaurant for my birthday. I was pleasantly surprised by the ambience. It was cozy, warm and friendly. The food was well prepared and quite tasty. I particularly enjoyed the boullibaise. The pumpkin bread pudding was out of this world! I would enjoy a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.