Rock Bottom - Boston
115 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: 6177422739
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeb Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private room dining for 40 - 50 people with a large screen for presentations, videos, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Nave 6177422739
- Entertainment: We are chock full of big-screen High Definition TV"s. Come watch your favorite NFL team on NFL Sunday Ticket.
A word from Rock Bottom - Boston
Rock Bottom offers an exciting dining experience in the heart of Boston"s Theater District embracing classic and contemporary cuisine by Chef Jeb Boyle with a thoughtful, unpretentious delivery. Rock Bottom welcomes dining guests into a comfortable, spirited atmosphere with some of Boston's best servers and bartenders, who engage guests with a wide selection of the best in local beers, shaken signature martinis, and individual wine service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I've been going to Rock BottomWiniVIPDined on 10/2/2011I've been going to Rock Bottom for years and there is a good reason. Great food, great beer really fun place.Special Features:
- Good food. Nice microbrewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Good food. Nice microbrew selection. Tables available with self-serve beer taps right at your table. Reservation honored on-time during peak time.Special Features:
- They were featuring some GermanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2011They were featuring some German Fare to coincide with Octoberfest and the German Style Mac & Cheese dish was very good. Good portion size but not overwhelming as some pasta dishes cane be.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experience!walj68Dined on 9/30/2011We had a 6:00 pm reservation on Friday..called restaurant to say we would be late because of heavy traffic. Very pleasant staff and when we arrived (20 min late) we were still seated in minutes.The dining and bar areas were both very busy. That was wonderful! Wait staff was friendly and prompt and meals very good and prepared as requested. We would return again.Special Features:
- Worth a Second ChanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011The food was plentiful and tasty, but delivered to our table cold. Our server was non-existent most of the time and forgot to bring things numerous times (e.g. we had to ask for water 3 times and never were able to get a refill). She was clearly overwhelmed and didn't have a smile or side word for us the whole time we were there. Regards ambiance, the restaurant is large enough to accommodate everyone: boisterous bar, breezy outdoors dining, quiet enough away from the bar to have conversation. We will probably give the restaurant a second try as we're guessing the experience would have been great if our server had been better.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011The food was very good and served in a timely manner. The restaurant was full, but we never felt rushed. Moving the bar area into the center of the area made the tables be placed closer together. Moving between them was not always easy, and I found the restaurant to be somewhat noisier than it used to be. Our server was fabulous. Sad I cant' remember her name. Great ale, and the dessert (carrot cake) was delicious.Special Features:
- Nice brew pub restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2011Nice brew pub restaurant. Good design with lots of polished wood and brass. Menu offered lots of pub grub choices. The lobster and shrimp tacos were unique and excellent. The beer list was pretty good. I tried Rock Bottom's own IPA, which was clean-tasting with nice hops. They also offered a nice selection of both bottled beers and brews on taps from other brewers. Very good selection. I would come here again. It's a very convenient place for a quick (and not overpriced) dinner before going out to either the Majestic or Wilbur Theatre. Both are right around the block.
- Good food for a Good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2011Our server was very attentive. The food was very good. It was certianly priced right for a tasty meal.The atmosphere was a great mix to have a meal and relax or come to enjoy a game and an appy. Loved the in house beer.Special Features:
- Reasonably priced for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2011Reasonably priced for the area, good quality craft beer. You will not find a bud light here, Rock Bottom brews there own beer. Food about 20 dollars a person and good quality.Special Features:
- 5 star food & service & good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2011Awesome restaurant. Went with my girlfriend who had never been there before and she had nothing but praise for the place as I did too. It was my first time there since the renovation and it was one of my favorites before and has only gotten better. Everything was great. Two thumbs up and a high 5 to you guys.Special Features:
- Its a sports bar with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2011Its a sports bar with good beer and my burger was pretty good too. So basically good for a beer and a burger.
- Service was good and the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2011Service was good and the location was near the theatre.
- The food is consistently goodsuzie2013Dined on 7/9/2011The food is consistently good and there are lots of choices to suit everyone.Special Features:
- This was a perfect pre-showAuntieEm1Dined on 7/7/2011This was a perfect pre-show venue. Moderate price & food was great. Hard to find a decent place at this price in this area. Wish I had known about it sooner.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. NachoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2011The food was delicious. Nacho were awesome!! Very kind staff. Will most definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food is excellent, service,DiningDivaDined on 6/24/2011Food is excellent, service, likewise. Noise level is quite high which makes conversation difficult if not sitting right next to companion. Convenient to theaters.Special Features:
- Great place to grab a bitApril01803Dined on 6/22/2011Great place to grab a bit before heading to the theatre!
- We were happy it's open again.Schnugelli72Dined on 6/15/2011We were happy it's open again. It's perfect for us to go to with a toddler, but it's also a big bar good for after-work crowds, and it has a nice, big outdoor area for warm weather. I went many times before for lunch, perfect choices. This time, we got a starters combo, which was delicious ! The sides are very big, if you order a separate side. I was a little disappointed about my fish and chips, because while warm, I think it stayed a little too long on the kitchen counter (with the warm lamps), and my fried cod was not totally crispy. Still, I will go back - just order something else.Special Features:
- We were going to the WangOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2011We were going to the Wang Center afterward so this restaurant was very close. We were pleasantly surprised by the good quality of the food and good service. Our waitress was very accommodating, as well.
- Our waitress was friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2011Our waitress was friendly, suggested great menu items and was very attentive. The nachos were great (but huge!) and then she told us that we should share a bourbonzola burger since we were so full from nachos. We're very happy we did. The burger was outstanding. We had a scottish ale beer that honestly was the best beer I've ever tasted (but I'm not a huge beer drinker). All in all a great time!Special Features:
- good pub food and good beer.TheyCameToBostonVIPDined on 5/20/2011good pub food and good beer. nothing overwhelming, but it does not aspire to compete at that level. in-house brewed beers and several interesting non-house-brewed beers to go with them. Service was acceptable on a busy Friday night
- It's a great sports bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/4/2011It's a great sports bar. Plenty of tables throughout the restaurant that have a view of a TV so you can always be watching the game.Special Features:
- Great food and service inFromTheWoDined on 4/30/2011Great food and service in a bar like scene. Very busy as it is in the heart of the theater district. So glad I used Open Table to reserve, the night we went even though it was early (5:30) they were advising others of an hour wait for a table.Special Features:
- Mediocre chain food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2011Great location for pre-theater dining, but it should not take 15 minutes to get a cocktail. I don't much appreciate cumin in my veggie burger. Drink menu is pretty good and my guest loved the beer.
- Place was very busy - butDeniseDined on 4/20/2011Place was very busy - but we were waited on promptly. Good beer menu and our waiter was very knowledgable in the different beers. I had the Cajun Fish Tacos - very good! Loved the fact that it was wrapped in a crips blue corn tortilla then wrapped in a soft flour tortilla - made it easy to hold/eat yet still had the great cruch of the hard taco. My partner had the Turkey Reuben which had plenty of Turkey in it. Was also very good!Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2011Excellent food, excellent service, very clean and slick looking inside. Strongly recommend.Special Features: