Rock Bottom - Boston
115 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rock Bottom - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockbottom.com/
- Phone: 6177422739
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeb Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private room dining for 40 - 50 people with a large screen for presentations, videos, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Nave 6177422739
- Entertainment: We are chock full of big-screen High Definition TV"s. Come watch your favorite NFL team on NFL Sunday Ticket.
A word from Rock Bottom - Boston
Rock Bottom offers an exciting dining experience in the heart of Boston"s Theater District embracing classic and contemporary cuisine by Chef Jeb Boyle with a thoughtful, unpretentious delivery. Rock Bottom welcomes dining guests into a comfortable, spirited atmosphere with some of Boston's best servers and bartenders, who engage guests with a wide selection of the best in local beers, shaken signature martinis, and individual wine service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rock Bottom - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good place to eat before a showMetrowestDined on 11/29/2013Food and drinks were great. Our server looked like he had a rough night though. We usually go to Rock Bottom before theater events with teh kids. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater BargainAmy223Dined on 11/27/2013After dropping a ton of money on theater tickets - if you want to go and enjoy dinner with that - choose RBB. Prices are cheaper than we pay in the Burbs...and the food is GREAT!!!!!!!! drinks, app, dinner, dessert for 4 - $125. IN BOSTON ACROSS FROM THE THEATER! Can't beat it -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatreNancyDined on 11/24/2013Great place to grab dinner before a show. Good food, lively atmosphere and won't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "perfect after show spot"apinciaroVIPDined on 11/22/2013I work close by and recommend my guests here often. Over the weekend I attended a show with my family and made 10:15pm reservations for dinner. Our server was warm and friendly. Very quick with our drinks and food! Will absolutely continue to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reliable food and diverse menuJimluvsmusicDined on 11/21/2013Rock Bottom is a favorite before-concert (or theater) place for a good and quick bite or beer. The food is very good, the beer is as well. Prices are reasonable. Can be noisy so not a place for a special occasion or romantic dinner, but a fun place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choice jn the theatre distriOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013We went for dinner before going to the theatre. This restaurant serves a reasonably priced and varied menu. Service was attentive but not overly so. Food was tasty and portions were the right size. Good beer and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pubOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Good pub with good service and gear selection of home brewed beers.Special Features:
- Awesome spot before a show!cvieira1838Dined on 11/7/2013At 5:30pm there was a 45min walk-in wait but we had a reservation and were seated right away. The energy at this place was awesome for a Thursday night in the city. This place has a ton of beer to choose from and the prices were unbelievably low for a bar literally steps away from the Wilbur Theatre. It was 3.50 for most of the draft beers on the menu and they had a beer of the week that was 3.00. The food options were great too-- I got chicken avocado sandwich and my friend got pulled pork sandwich. Both were made well, had plenty of flavor and tasted great. Our server was attentive and answer all of our questions about beer, wine and food. The draft beer makes my top 5 as the amount of carbonation the house brews was almost undetectable.Special Features:
- Always deliversCarolDined on 10/19/2013My family meets here often for good food, drink, and conversation. The atmosphere is lively but we can talk comfortably. Drinks and food always good and affordanle. Service friendly and competent. Great neighborhhod staple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual but energetic eateryConnieJDined on 10/19/2013We were a group of 8 and were seated promptly at our reservation time (which was nice, since the place was packed on this evening). Service was polite and prompt. Food was perfectly fine for a bar-type atmosphere (burgers are a recommended item here). Noise level was VERY high. We were at a large table because of our group size, and it was hard to hold any conversation with those on the other side of the table - I felt hoarse by the time we left. We were there for an early dinner at happy hour time (6pm) on a Saturday, so perhaps it is a bit less energetic for lunch or later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and excellent servicesteveDined on 9/25/2013Good food and excellent service as we were dining prior to a show and our server provided fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre concert dinnerPatFanDined on 9/24/2013Arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and was seated promptly. Waitress was excellent, attentative and personable. Food was above average bar food, nicely served. Beer choices are excellent, both their own tap brews as well as regional/national bottle selections. Service was prompt and timely allowing a liesurely dinner before the show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has been redonejojoDined on 9/12/2013This place has been redone from when I last went there in 2007 and i like the look. Looks like a sophisticated sports bar. Not divey, clean & modern. The bar is now in the center of the restaurant and you can see the TVs from almost any where in the restraurant. The reason we chose this place is because it was one of the only places still serving food in the theatre disctrict after the shows got out and we also wanted to watch the Patriots game. My only issue was that the direct tv kept cutting in and out, not what a sports fan wants to experience during a heated game. Great beer selection, food was good, lots of options, and reasonably prices, service was good.Special Features:
- No service at all for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2013So this is my second time dining at Rock Bottom at lunch time - the first time the service was slow, even though the restaurant was not crowded, but it was a Friday in summer so I figured they were short-handed. And the food was good. Yesterday we tried to have lunch, and I use the word tried, because we sat for 22 minutes and were not approached about even taking a drink order. The restaurant was busy, and we barely saw any wait staff at any table. So we left. As did a table next to us, who had been waiting even longer. We dined down the block at California Pizza Kitchen, and as we were walking back, we saw that another table next to us, who stayed, were just eating their entrees. Decent food, but be prepared to wait forever.
- Chose Rock Bottom for it'sMaggieDined on 9/8/2013Chose Rock Bottom for it's proximity to the Theatre District, and that it was a reasonably priced downtown Boston restaurant. No complaints, and some nice surprises in our personable and attentive waitress, Carrie, and some interesting menu choices. Food was tasty. Cocktails prepared to our liking and prices not ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come here a lot for lunch.foodVIPDined on 9/3/2013We come here a lot for lunch. Food is decent, but on the pricer side for what it is. Service is inconsistent though - as someone who has been a server I can tell when staff is undertrained and it appears to be the case here.Special Features:
- Great pre show meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013This about the 3rd time I've been to Rock Bottom. Perfect location for a preshow dinner or drinks and apps. The menu changes and keeps up with the seasons so there is always something new to try. They also handle groups well and I saw a few kids there on my way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty casual diningMOBtobe2014Dined on 8/23/2013great place to catch a meal before the theatre- casual- extensive menu choices, something for everyone's taste and reasonably priced. suggest reservation on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitstaffTmynohnDined on 8/22/2013DJ was a personable and attentive waitress. She was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorVisitorDined on 8/13/2013Enjoyed the dinning experience, it was noisy but there was road construction near by, wasn't crazy about the Mac & cheese but the rest of our selection were very good . Ribs and the chicken fried chicken was really good, next time in Boston I would come back. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!awfulVIPDined on 7/22/2013I was bummed to find that there are some recent menu changes in effect. The most notable was, they changed the cheese sauce for RB's legendary ballpark pretzels. But the real headline was the FANTASTIC server I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before The TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013My niece and I went to Rock Bottom before a show at the Wilbur Theater. We had excellent service; our waitress knew our time constraints and accommodated us. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fast and foodPattypatDined on 7/2/2013Service was fast and food was great. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was nice enough butmjmrmVIPDined on 6/26/2013Waitress was nice enough but didn't seem able to anticipate our needs (silverware, salt/pepper, refills, etc.). Maybe she was new?Special Features:
- This restaurant was great.DonnaDined on 6/8/2013This restaurant was great. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. She made a point of checking on us regularly without relaly bugging us. We only had appertizers. One was nachos and they were great. Instead of being stacked really high with dry chips they are spread out on a large platter so every bite has toppings on them and very delicious. The buffalo wings were perfectly spiced and the vegetable eggrolls were delicious. Most of us had margaritas but one girl had the pineapple mojito that the waitress recommended and said it was excellent. A very fun atmosphere. We didn't sit outside this time, but definitely want to go back to try their main courses. You wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was chosen becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2013Restaurant was chosen because of past positive experience at Rock Bottom and proximity to theater that we were attending. Food was good, windows on busy Downtown Boston theater district added great energy to the evening. Excellent service! Although very busy, the server gave us ample attention without hovering. This was a birthday celebration for our granddaughter. The server helped her to fine-tune her dinner selections. There were lots of kids there, but since the noise level is always high anyway, all the kid noises just blended in.Special Features:
- Great spot for theater goers!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Wonderful food, great staff.....and very accommodating for theater goers!Special Features:
- Service was prompt and veryNoNameDined on 4/21/2013Service was prompt and very attentive. Food was excellent for a chain restaurant. Location in Boston makes it a great choice for a pre-theater meal.
- The food was okay. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The food was okay. We had made our reservation online but were a couple hours early and we were pleasantly surprised with how fast our party of 6 was seated on a Saturday evening. Our waitress was extremely nice but it took long periods of time to get drinks, appetizers and then our meals. Some of our adult beverages were delicious whereas some drinks were over-poured. I would recommend Rock Bottom if you are in the neighborhood, have a ton of time, and aren't looking for anything amazing.Special Features:
- Went before the Celtics gameFilDimoDined on 3/16/2013Went before the Celtics game with 13 guys. Had a great time and our server Anderson was great!Special Features:
- Food isn't as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013I used to love this place, especially when they had the kobe beef burger. Their burgers used to be wonderful, now it's edible, but I wouldn't jump to go there anymore. I had the smokehouse bbq burger with onion rings, medium well, my burger came out well (burnt sides), it came with fries, but they quickly brought out onion rings for me, that were also very well done. The worst part was there was maybe a dot of bbq sauce on my burger. It's like they forgot to add it. My date had the pub style burger that said on the menu it came with mustard and mayo, but neither condiment was on the burger. Our server was friendly and nice enough, might have been new. It's too bad the food seems to have declined over time.
- Never disappointed. GreatCarolDined on 2/26/2013Never disappointed. Great for family/friends whether dining or munching/drinking. Great staff, atmosphere, drinks, & food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2013I was pleasantly surprised. We had theater tickets and wanted something close. The food was good but the noise level high for what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Great spot for a meal andPJNelsDined on 2/14/2013Great spot for a meal and a few beers before the show
- Waiters were nowhere two beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Waiters were nowhere two be found through most of the service. We were also served by three different people. We really felt ignored, especially waiting 25 minutes between taking our plates away and getting our checks. Food was not very good. The wings had barely any meat on them at all, not what ou would expect for $10. We shared the carrot cake for desert and we took one bite each. It was terrible. Rock hard and tasted like it was either freezer burnt or left uncovered in the fridge for too long. I will not be going back.
- The Rock Bottom Rocks!DoreencDined on 1/26/2013This is a great place for burgers and beers. They have their own beers on tap and feature guest beers on tap. Portion sizes are quite generous...the carrot cake is huge. Don't plan on ordering appetizers for yourself, they are definitely meant for sharing. It is quite busy though...strongly recommend a reservation. I often go with a large group and management is really good about working with you, as long as you give them a heads up in advance. They do let you make reservations for up to 8 on-line. It is a boisterous place so be prepared for it to be a little on the loud side. I have found the wait staff there to be excellent at working with large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinnermargopenelopeVIPDined on 1/15/2013I had been there for dinner a few times (which were all amazing visits!) and though it would be a good place to have a group of 8 meet before going to a show at the Wilbur. Since some were late, we only ended up ordering appetizers. The beer list is amazing! We tried almost all of the specialty ones on tap and were very happy with them. The apps were nothing special though, so I would not suggest going for them. Even though we didn't get to the entrees, those are the best part of Rock Bottom and I wish we had had the time. The booths were so big and comfy it made group discussion very hard even though it was rather quite. But the one-on-one conversations were great.Special Features:
- This place was great. We ateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012This place was great. We ate there new years eve and had a great time!Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Very good food and service , can be a little loud but overall a great Dining experience. I will be a return customer.Special Features:
- Dinner & A ShowBobGDined on 12/31/2012Location was great for a meal before the show. Good selection on the menu for both adults and kids. Waiter was good and friendly to our entire crew. We had decided to take our kids out to dinner and a show on New Years Eve and chose Rock Bottom for the meal portion and felt we made a good choice.Special Features: