25 Chapel Street
Albany, NY 12210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yonos.com/
- Phone: 5184367747x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: From 5:30pm. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Closed July 1-6.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indonesian, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yono Purnomo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yono's offers 3 settings for your private or corporate dining needs. The Broadway Room is our largest room accommodating 30-120 people for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or 180 people for a cocktail reception. The State Room can accommodate 20 people and the Capital Room will seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Purnomo 5184367747x
- Entertainment: Hamilton Street, a piano and bass duo, play light jazz & pop standards on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Yono's Restaurant
Yono's has been Albany's premiere World Class restaurant for over 25 years. Owned & operated by Chef Yono, Donna & Dominick Purnomo, the intimate, elegant split level dining room is a recreation of the original Yono's on Robinson Square, elegantly appointed with warm colors, bronzed mirrors, large fireplace, crystal chandelier, and floral displays. Chef Yono Purnomo presents an innovative menu of blending French Technique, Asian Influence & American Ingredients. Award Winning Chef Sommelier Dominick Purnomo offers a wine list with some 1000 labels representing every major wine growing region in the world. Let the Yono's 4 star service staff anticipate your needs, while you experience luxury and elegance of a bygone era.Continued
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Yono's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Yono's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (43)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great foodjoeybDined on 10/5/2013By far one of the best chef's in the area. Ive been to all the top restaurants in the area this is by far one of the best if not the best in the whole capital district! Thank you wonderful experience. Joe BordeauSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprisingly findCalgourmetVIPDined on 10/2/2013Dinner was delightful. Wonderful flavors, great service, and a nice collection of half bottles of wine from which to choose, (if you aren't in the mood to polish off an entire bottle). The four course meals are expensive but worth the investment. The smoked trout, scallops, and duck were all delicious, and the bananas Foster-like dessert was acceptable (I am not a big dessert fan). So, get beyond the fact that the restaurant is located in (or maybe next to) a Hampton Inn and venture inside. Be sure and sit in the back room where it is much less noisy than the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At Your Servicenovanorra9Dined on 9/30/2013I have never been treated so well by restaurant staff. From the hostess to the person filling my water glass, everyone was attentive with old-world charm. My colleague and I felt like royalty. They knew when to appear, when to quietly withdraw, when to respond formally and when to speak authentically. After a long day at the office, it was so refreshing to made to feel special. The food was excellent, as expected. I found the pork tenderloins a little on the dry side, but probably because I prefer them medium-well. The pretzel rolls were mouthwatering. Breads all homemade in the kitchen. The price was better than expected. Cocktail list is delightfully extensive, as well as wines. Parking and location easy. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sets the standard...MirDreamsVIPDined on 9/26/2013Yono's manages to balance exquisite food, an exhaustive wine list, warm hospitality, and elegant decor with seemingly effortless grace. From the moment we crossed the threshold, we were welcomed as if old friends, and the attentive but never intrusive service continued apace for the entire evening. The recently unveiled Fall tasting menu was a palate pleaser from start to finish, each course better than the prior. As always, a well curated wine cellar presented a delicious array of options to compliment the meal. The dining room is a pleasant retreat from the world that never mistakes fussiness for elegance. A truly marvelous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutIdolovemesomefoodDined on 9/26/2013I take my nephew out each year as his birthday gift - trying to take him to spots he might not otherwise go. Well, Yono's was tops for both of us - we had the 5 course Indonesian Tasting Menu & each course was superb - especially the beef short rib - almost wanted that for desert instead of the Bananas Foster. I will definitely be back for my 20th wedding anniversary unless I can think of another special occasion to celebrate sooner. The service, the atmosphere, but, oh - each dish was incredible - if you love food that makes you say "OMG" then go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Wonderful ServiceChel218Dined on 9/24/2013We decided to eat at Yono's after a meeting with our wedding coordinator downtown. We'd never been there before, but had heard great things about their food. I have to say, this is the first fine restaurant I've been to that actually had high quality food, and service to match. Everything we ordered from appetizer, to entree, to dessert was amazing. All the food was fresh, tasty, and they offer a variety of options to please all different palates. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They even sent us home with extra pretzel bread because we mentioned how much we loved it! I would definitely recommend everyone to come dine at Yono's. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DInnerChuckBDined on 9/20/2013We were in Albany on vacation and I wanted to find a nice place for our anniversary dinner. We happened to be staying in the Hampton Inn and I was suprised that a top rated restaurant would be connected to the Hampton Inn. We were very impressed with the service and selection. They really treated us special and the food was great. We also enjoyed the piano and bass playing in the background - enjoyable but not too loud to make it difficult for a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible serviceZoeeDined on 9/19/2013I booked a table for 9 as a special meal to celebrate a birthday with colleagues while in town for a conference. Sometime after we ordered our entrees, things went awry. Our main waitress was called away on an emergency, but clearly she hadn't handed off her responsibilities well. Two or three people in our party had ordered the multi-course tasting menu, but the servers never asked the rest of us with only one course when we wanted our food served, so instead we had to wait until the multi-coursers were served their "main" course - 90 minutes after ordering. In all, it was nearly four hours from the time we sat down to the time we left. A restaurant of this caliber and price should know how to cope with a situation like this.Special Features:
- Back to their best.EwanDined on 9/3/2013Yono's has had some changes in staffing in the medium-term past, including at the chf level; but really this visit was as god as it as ever been, and that's pretty special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made our 30th a bit specialFoodfanVIPDined on 8/31/2013I have to admit, the prior 2 visits to Yono's has changed my view. I thought it was very stuffy and found the valet parking inconvenient. But a friend convinced me to go again and I am glad I did. My last visit was nice, this visit was even more special as my wife and I had a really nice dinner. They gave us a free glass of champagne and there was a special insert in the menu that said 'happy 30th' very classy. The staff is extremely professional and friendly. Now in my top 3 for me in the Albany area; we will be back.Special Features:
- Michelin QualityFoodieDined on 8/30/2013We have had the pleasure of dining at Yono's a handful of times over the last few years. Every time we dine there, they continue to exceed our already high expectations. The quality of the food is ethereal, the service is exquisite and the wine list is expansive. We simply can not recommend Yono's enough to anyone who enjoys Michelin quality restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST SERVICE EVERHayleyMDined on 8/27/2013My husband and I had the most incredible experience tonight at Yono's... we had 3 people waiting on us and they were all fantastic. We started with the scallop appetizer (amazing)... my husband had the tuna steak - he said it was awesome and I had the prawns... they were huge and so yummy. On top of our meals they brought out a few extra yummy's for us... to start we had this eggplant tar tar... it was super tasty... then they brought out three different breads (one being pretzel and it was so good).... they came with two special butters... so good... then after we had the cheesecake for dessert they brought out this little two tiered tray with assorted chocolates... those little extras totally made the night!! We loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had been to Yono's a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013I had been to Yono's a couple of times in the past year. This time I dined with mu daughter and her Bf. My daughter and I decided on the Chefs Grand Tasting and her Bf went with the 4 course Chefs tasting. We were not disappointed. Every course was fantastic. Fois Gras, Scallops, Salad, Kangaroo, Kentucky Pecan Pie. Each course left us wanting more and by the end we could eat no more. The service was flawless and each course was explained in great detail from the ingredients to why the Chef chose them.Truly a memorable evening. Excited to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGcdvanderDined on 8/19/2013Yono's is an amazing dining experience. My husband proposed to me there and we celebrate every big occasion with a special night out at Yono's. The Service is outstanding, the food is tremendous and the atmosphere is so beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the Best Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2013As always, the attention to detail makes Yono's one of my all-time favorites. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel so special. We were there celebrating a birthday and all the cool personal touches really made the evening! The menu and dessert were both personalized with "Happy Birthday, Rick." The extra bubbly and dessert wine added to our celebration. Rather than order off the menu, I had the chef whip me up something with all my favorite ingredients. SO delicious! Albany is so fortunate to have this wonderful establishment in our midst! We'll be back.Special Features:
- One of the Best EverJanDVIPDined on 8/3/2013This was Indonesian food at its best, with delicate and varied seasonings. The menu choices were varied and we had good advice from Joshua who was the captain of our team of servers. Don't be fooled into thinking that this was stuffy. They were lovely, unobtrusive and helpful. The music was a live pianist and the sound level comfortable and appropriate for this quality food. (Not so at DB next door which was painfully noisy. Both restaurants are located in the Hampton Inn in Albany.) The menu is pricey but with Joshua's advice we ordered a tasting menu and 2 apps; along with one drink and dessert it came to @ $100 which was very reasonable for the level and amount of food. We couldn't eat the free petit fours and took them with us.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at Yono'sNandRDined on 8/3/2013This was our second time at Yono's. We again had an outstanding dinner there. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, wine llist and ambiencesawintDined on 7/27/2013Service, wine llist and ambience unsurpassed in the Capital District. Menu cannot be duplicated anywhere else in area and is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceKdineDined on 7/23/2013My company had a work dinner with a vendor at this establishment and the servers exceeded our expectations. They were very knowledgable, friendly and very attentive to our requests. I have been to this restaurant several times for work and I have never been disappointed in the service or the food at Yono's. Thank you for such a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Experiences...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2013Yono's has always been on the list of places to try and now I wish we had gone sooner. It was one of the best experiences we've had!Special Features:
- Service with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2013My husband and I have been to Yono's several times now and every time there is one outstanding aspect that we like to comment about. It goes without saying that the food at Yono's is impeccable, every time. However, this time we were honored to have Adam as our waiter. Attentive, polite, knowledgeable, personable, with a sense of humor. All without going over the top. Hard to do when dealing with the public on a daily basis. But, he does, and he does it well. So, thank you Adam. We hope to see you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent disappointmentsmallplatesmakemehappyDined on 7/17/2013Third time eating in dining room. The service is consistently poor and disorganized. The food is mediocre and overpriced. I don't need to go back a fourth. On the other hand, DP's (the front dining area) is still worth a drink and app at the bar.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Capital DistrictRogerDined on 7/16/2013I just went back to Yono's for an anniversary, and was reminded why I like this restaurant so much. The food is just fabulous. The waitstaff is excellent without being overbearing, and it is reassuring to see Yono himself in the place, chatting with customers. The wine list is extremely extensive - well beyond my capability to choose. There was no live music the night we went, so it was quiet, perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasting menudeliciousDined on 7/11/2013We ordered the 4 course tasting menu and each course was just as amazing as the last. Also did the wine pairing which completed the meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always!paf57Dined on 7/10/2013We enjoyed our dinner very much. The food and service at Yono's was nothing less than the best! Plan to go back and try DP's soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious choices of summernodishes2niteDined on 7/9/2013Delicious choices of summer tastes...the compressed watermelon chef compliment appetizer was the perfect start to tempt the palate. The soy curried tuna sashimi was delightul with the avocado and lime creme fraiche..all flavors were fresh,prepared with care and it showed through its presentation and its delivery. The waiter and waitresses were polite,friendly and had just the right timing.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantWeluvfoodDined on 6/29/2013This was our first trip to Yono's and it certainly will not be our last. The food was outstanding and the service was just as terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly RomanticJayVDined on 6/26/2013Yono's was an incredibly romantic setting to ask my now wife to marry me. The wait staff was superb as was the food, much of which we had never eaten before our 1st trip to Yono's, wow! Who knew something called pork bellies would actually be incredible?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeMarkinscDined on 6/24/2013Fantastic food, wait staff attention to detail, great wine list. Pricey, but worth it. A bit loud (kitchen and bar), but other benefits deserve applause.Special Features:
- Ambiance, great food and serviceAshinactionDined on 6/24/2013We were a little worried about Yono's because it was located in a Hampton Inn, not the usual spot for an upscale restaurant. And then when we first entered the bar we became more concerned, it was crowded and very noisy. Then they ushered us into the separate fine dining area and everything changed. It was quiet and beautifully appointed. The food was superb and service excellent. There was a team of three serving our table and their efforts were perfect. When it took a little longer than expected to get our main courses out we were rewarded with a complimentary glass of wine. Good food and service in a beautiful setting, not to be missed in Albany.Special Features:
- The hostesses were extremelyDineoutoftenVIPDined on 6/19/2013The hostesses were extremely rude. Our reservation was at 7, it took them 15 minutes to set a table for us and they put us in a walkway. I asked to move one table over which the hostesses found to be inconvenient. We weren't seated until 7:30. The hostesses were clearly perturbed. Only one other table came in after us and the restaurant was half full. there was no rush for tables. The server worked in tandem with another server. One of them dropped several pieces of bread on the floor while serving it to us. The other lingered too long at our table, trying to join us in our conversation. I felt like it was a restaurant parody.Special Features:
- Indonesian gemFoodandwinegourmetVIPDined on 6/19/2013The Indonesian tasting menu is spectacular as is the regular menu. One person may get the tasting while another may just get an entee to help balance total food Everything was both creative as well as tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal Fit for a KingJaybird13Dined on 6/15/2013I decided on the 8 course Grand Tasting with the Wine Pairing well before I had walked in the door. I did my research, checked the website, and read reviews. I began with a warm welcome from the staff and was seated in the dining room. I had a later reservation and some of the tables had been turned for the last time of the evening. As far as the decor is concerned, stunning. The service, flawless. The food, impressive. The fusion of Classic American and Indonesian exuded decadence. I was given detailed explanations of all plates and their accompanying wines, all the way down to region, and technique for production. I moved from course to course and was satisfied if not blown away. If you want to experience Yono's, the Grand Tasting is bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerJohnnieDined on 6/13/2013This was our first dinner at Yono's & we are anxious to go back. Each table has 2 waitstaff to serve & follow up to be certain that all was to our satisfaction. They were aware that we were going to attend a show in town after dinner & the meal was completed exactly on time. Thel Diver's scallops for an appetizer were perfectly prepared. The pork loin was to perfection with an light and delicious sauce. The assorted vegetable were also perfect with a firm and sweet taste. My wife had the crispy chicken breast and a light curried sauce that went perfectly with the chicken. The waitstaff was enthusiastic of their assorted breads. Loved them...especially the pretzel bread & their version of Italian bread. A wonderful meal all around!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high quality in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/10/2013Although being in a hurry, we couldn't resist taking the Indonesian 5-course meal with wine pairing. What a treat! All this brought by unusually gratious and knowledgeable waiting staff in a beautiful dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals ever!JohnVIPDined on 5/31/2013This restaurant is quite simply amazing! I lived in NYC for 10 years, and we have eaten in some amazing restaurants there and around the world (including some listed on Gayot's 40 best restaurants in the US), and Yono's easily makes the top of our list of dining favorites. The bread selection was interesting and plentiful. The cocktails were wonderfully prepared and presented. And the grand tasting menu was a delightful and amazing culinary experience. Add to that the pleasant, attentive, and even fun demeanor of the staff, the lightly played live music, and the dining room's ambiance, and what you have in total is an amazing dining experience. Without question, we will return as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2013went there for sons graduation have kids with very particular tastes Food was enjoyed by all Loved the tasting menusSpecial Features:
- An experience to be savoredMichelleCDined on 5/16/2013Do yourself a favor and go here. Every bite is an experience to be savored. The wine pairings are outstanding. The service is impeccable yet warm and friendly. The ambience is stellar. My husband and I experienced a romantic and sensually infused evening that we will never forget. The ultimate dining gem in Albany -- we cannot wait to return. Absolutely outstanding in every way from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable Celebration!cawdblDined on 5/15/2013My husband and I had a Groupon for this restaurant and decided to go there for our wedding dinner. The staff were impeccable - attentive but not intrusive making us feel very comfortable and always ready with an answer to any question we had. My husband opted for the 8 course tasting menu with the accompanying wine pairing while I chose the 5 course Indonesian tasting menu. Both were outstanding and in very different ways! The only issue we had was that we were so satiated before the end of the courses that we didn't have room to do the desserts justice! Overall I can't say enough of how much we enjoyed all aspects of our dining experience at Yono's and we emphatically recommend it to anyone looking for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassMDBluesDined on 5/4/2013Our first dinner at Yono's was spectacular! The ambiance, including a jazz duo, was special, the service was great and the food was out of sight. The flavor was even better than the presentation, which is saying a lot. The prices are very fair for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.