11285 Hwy 1
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956Neighborhood:
Point Reyes Station
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriastellina.com/
- Phone: 4156639988x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every day: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM;
Dinner: Every evening: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
There is no penalty to cancel a reservation at any time. We want to make sure you call us in case your plans have changed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Christian Caiazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater off site functions, encompassing West Marin & Sonoma County, for up to 150 people. Stellina caters weddings, conferences, rehearsal dinners and many other types of functions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful back room of the restaurant is ideal for small groups looking for great local cuisine in a private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Giorgio Notari 4156639988x
- Entertainment: Tuesday nights at Stellina is Local's Night (November through April)
featuring live music from local musicians
A word from Osteria Stellina
Located in the picturesque West Marin town of Point Reyes Station, Osteria Stellina offers a delicious, intimate, farm-to-table dining experience. Known for our local and seasonal cuisine, we strive to showcase the bounty of West Marin on every plate. Our ingredients are sourced from the surrounding regions many farmers, ranchers, and fisherman; each dish reads like a sophisticated blue plate special, comprised of what's close and plentiful on a given day. The result is a creative, clean, farm fresh menu we like to call "Point Reyes Italian". Osteria Stellina's daily lunch and dinner menus include house made pastas and bread, organic salads and soups, pizzas, sustainable meats and seafood, an array of satisfying desserts, and a carefully edited and affordable wine list featuring local vineyards and Italian favorites. Local beer is on tap and additional beers are available by the bottle. The restaurant's gracious dining room is ideal for diners of all ages and any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria Stellina - Best Restaurants in Point Reyes Station ›
Osteria Stellina reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (32)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (20)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good spot in Pt ReyesStevAVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had a delicious lunch and everyone enjoyed salads, soup, and the rest of the seasonal fresh and well prepared meals dessert great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local's specialMission13Dined on 1/21/2014This was a destination spot for me as there have been numerous glowing reviews in the Bay Area publications. I was prepared to order something from the Italian themed menu. Our water recommended the special which was salad, chile verde with homemade tortillas and a glass of wine. It was great! We will be back!Special Features:
- StellinaDonADined on 1/21/2014Food and service are always great. Menu is creative. Salads a special treat.Special Features:
- Very nice spot in the nowPaoloDined on 1/18/2014Very nice spot in the now happening food scene in west Marin County. Great service, wine list and food but were disappointed with one of the entrees.Special Features:
- Very niceAWARDined on 1/18/2014Great food, service, just the right size, very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety is the spice of life!GabiDined on 1/10/2014There were so many delicious things on the menu that everyone in our party of 8 ordered a different dish. Every person loved their meal. The goat and polenta was absolutely fantastic. The bites I had of the osso buco and the duck were off the charts. Our waiter was extremely helpful with wine choices and brought a few tastes to try before making a descion. Aside from the food I really appreciated the sound quality in the restaurant. Although we were at a long rectangular table and everyone was able to hear each other and participate in conversation, a rare pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/3/2014One of our favorite get away places, pt reyes, we often stay in close to the fire. But this restaurant is worth dragging yourself away. Delicious food and a good wine selection we had a lovely evening. It is a bit noisy but it don't take away from our eveningSpecial Features:
- StellaGingiDined on 1/2/2014Our experience here was good. It was busy and there were some small glitches with the service, but overall, a very pleasant experience. The pizza is delicious. The pasta dish was simple, yet tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Stellina still best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2014Osteria Stellina is still the best dining in Pt Reyes. All the dishes we have tried have been very good, and often excellent. Portions are large - few people could eat an appetizer and an entree and a dessert. Wine is ok, service is not as polished as the cooking, but friendly. Restaurant is divided into two areas: half feels like a nice pizza parlor, other half is a very pleasant dining area with some elegance, but still somewhat informal. Noise is only moderate - never had a problem with having a conversation here.Special Features:
- Always good, awesome on NY EveAndyCDined on 12/31/2013We're big fans of Stellina; the food is always great and the people are very pleasant. But New Year's Eve 2013 was the best ever! I wasn't expecting the 6-course prix fix, because I booked earlier in December. (They did call in advance to let us know and I missed the call.) Each course was better than the prior one; salad, turnip/celeriac soup, ravioli w/ quail egg, seared scallop (killer!), duck leg w/ winter vegetables, light chocolate torte. All VERY local (who knew there's a water buffalo in Valley Ford -- for the burata??) Each course was a tantalizing amount, and cooked perfectly! We passed on the wine pairings, but the neighboring table was very enthusiastic. And the 2008 Stubbs pinot noir (one of the pairings) was most delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013The service was rushed and mechanical, as if we were on a factory line. Salad wilted. I ordered rare tuna and got it well done, dry and tasteless,
- Nice finish to a gorgeous day!LolaDined on 12/29/2013We had dinner early after spending a glorious warm, clear, sunny December day at Limantour Beach. It's very special to be able to enjoy such grand nature and within a short distance enjoy a meal one would expect to find only in a big city. Good selection of healthy, local, well prepared food. The bittersweet chocolate cake was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceLynnBVIPDined on 12/28/2013Among attractive decor and amazing art, the four of us enjoyed a great meal. Everything was fresh and perfectly warmed, attractively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy return visitWesternWandererDined on 12/27/2013We haven't been back to the Bay Area in a year and a half, but since Marin was part of our plan this time, Osteria Stellina had to be too. Our second great meal at this place. It was a cool night, perfect for some California Pinot (great selection by the glass) and a warming veal ragu bolognese - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/24/2013We went here for Christmas Eve dinner and were met with excellent food, superb service and an overall festive atmosphere. I would recomend this restaurant looking for quality, fresh italian food! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant. It feelsroobrewDined on 12/24/2013Love this restaurant. It feels homey, caring, festive with generous servings to boot. We had a nice dinner on XMAS eve. I usually love everything. This time I found the oysters perfect. The salad tasty. Unfortunately, the locally-raised goat was a bit dry. The cioppino had wonderful fresh swordfish and crab. The flavors melded together well although the base for the broth was a bit overpowering for the fish. It wouldn't be something that I would slurp up but rather dip in occasionally. I think that the pressure of so many holiday reservations maybe impacted the usually bright and brilliant food. Will still go back even though our meal was not perfect this time.Special Features:
- Lost some polishOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/14/2013Unfortunately seems to have gone downhill. Crudo was under-dressed and under-seasoned. Cheese plate tasted off. Ravioli was excellent. Brussels were good. Pork osso bucco was flavorless. Duck was OK. Orchiette pretty good.Service was anemic and unknowing. Bill had errors. Disappointing overall.
- On the very cold weekend in DecembeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2013we found the restaurant underheated. The waiter brought us a space heater and that helped. He didn't tell us that the special on the menu, squid ink ravioli, was pretty small for an entree though he did say it was 2 large raviolis. I think there should have been more discussion both on our part and on his. He was a lovely waiter all the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as fantastic as I remembereddanceinthewoodsDined on 11/29/2013We ate at Stellina once a few years ago and I thought it was incredibly good. This time it was quite good but didn't quite live up to my memory of it. The room was very noisy and clattery. We had citrus marinated olives, a mixed green salad with radishes and red wine vinaigrette, a penne pasta dish, and salmon over lentils with cauliflower, and a sandwich of chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream. Everything was delicious with fresh and lovely ingredients and beautifully prepared but I found a slight fault with most things...salad a little too sour, pasta a little too salty, cookies too crisp for sandwich and overly sweet. Still, overall a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/24/2013Much more casual than expected, kind of sloppy and unkempt. Dressing on gem salad was really strong/tangy, I couldn't eat it. My pasta (orecchiette with broccolini) was sitting in a pool of pasta water, the broccolini was rough, the sausage was flavorless. My husband had the brisket, more flavor there, reminded me of a beef stew. The broccolini on his plate was rough too. It didn't strike me as a farm-to-table restaurant with pride in their food, as it was advertised. I also heard the hostess turn down several large groups of diners at 8:15pm (restaurant is open until 9pm) "we've run out of many dishes" but then offered to-go food instead. It felt like the staff was just ready to go for the night. We wouldn't go back here.
- West Marin Italian OsteriaJAYHJVIPDined on 11/24/2013The food was fresh, well prepared, well presented & delicious. Italian & local wines were featured as well as two local beers available on tap. We were happy to find authentic Italian cuisine & hospitality in Western Marin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and not so good foodbdaygirlDined on 11/9/2013We went for a birthday celebration and had reservations. We were promptly seated and had prompt service. Our waiter was good but honestly seemed a little fake which is fine by me (didn't really look you in the eye when he spoke and seemed to be going through all the right phrases and motions). We had the mussels and the baby octopus which were delicious. I had the signature braised goat dish and it was extremely dry and my husband had the swordfish and my initial reaction when I tried it was "this is salty". The dessert was a warm chocolate cake that wasn't warm but was delicious.Special Features:
- Good choice for the greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2013Good choice for the great location but not a destination.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but the portionsBuddVIPDined on 11/6/2013Food was good, but the portions (seafood stew for $20 lunch) were smallish.
- Some highlights and some standardsscolesDined on 11/1/2013Some of the highlights for us were the marrow and budino. The Gem Salad and Papparadelle were good but kind of pedestrian.Special Features:
- Good choiceJoannieDined on 11/1/2013We enjoyed the experience very much. We were late for our reservation, but the table was ready and saved for us, even though the place was full of diners. That kind of service was really impressive. Our guests from Washington DC loved the food, especially the pizza with the fontina cheese! I was not crazy about the oyster pizza. i was expecting more traditional sauce or some cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DesiderataDined on 10/31/2013Loved everything about this place. Though the dessert was underwhelming (we got the ice cream sandwich)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedNovatoDinerVIPDined on 10/28/2013Pasta with sausage was not good - sausage was way overcooked, too rubbery. Steak was overpriced.
- Always yummy and fresh...MarinLocavoreDined on 10/28/2013Stellina delivers every time. The food is fresh and locally sourced. Italian, with a Cali-Locavore flare. Great pizzas, pastas and salads, and a small but very thoughtful wine list. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the right touchjolynneDined on 10/22/2013We met friends for dinner. We were able to enjoy our conversation. Never felt rushed by the friendly wait staff. Lingered over tea and were there 2 hours. Appreciated the fact we could tweak the entrees to accommodate the vegans in the group. Salmon and chicken done to perfection for the omnivores. House salad and beans and greens among the favorites. Italians among us appreciated the correct spellings.Special Features:
- Consistently WonderfulLAJ62Dined on 10/20/2013We love Osteria Stellina and make sure to dine there whenever we're in Pt. Reyes. It's the perfect place to enjoy a scrumptuous meal and feel a bit pampered after a wonderful day at the beach, or on a hike. The food has never let us down, the wonderful server makes us feel welcome each time, and our son is treated like a cherished guest, too. We'll be back again the next time we find ourselves on the Marin coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice meal.......mfhnehVIPDined on 10/14/2013Osteria is in the lovely town of Point Reyes Station, north of San Francisco. Ambience was acceptable, as was service. Not sure I would recommend a trip up or over from anywhere to visit, though. If you're in the area, definitely! My salad was very good, the cheese plate marginal. My wife had the clams which she described as excellent. Wine list was nice. Dessert very good. Overall a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in the areaKimeco510Dined on 10/13/2013If you find yourself in need of a trip out of town, go to Osteria Stellina in Pt. Reyes. You won't be sorry. Excellent , imaginative, seasonal changes and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidFoodieMarinDined on 10/12/2013Stellina is our go to place in west marin. Solid food, great service and surprisingly great for kids. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemjaycrossDined on 10/12/2013Local ingredients, inventive cuisine. Go for the water buffalo gelato! A bit pricey for Point Reyes Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SALT!GloryDined on 10/10/20132 of the 3 in our party ordered the salmon, very salty as was the salsa verde atop it. The waitress heard our lament and brought one of the 2 a green salad, gratis. Vinagrette salty. I liked my papperdelle with lamb ragu, a very large portion, though one more pinch of cayenne (?) would have sent it over the edge. Barolo was delicious. Waitress was concerned that we were so unhappy and handled it all well - but it is the kitchen and above all the chief chef who must take notice, since this place clearly aspires to be very good. Barbera was delicious; very nice to be able to have 18 oz., plenty for these 3 women.
- So-so all aroundBoardwalknjDined on 9/25/2013Very average food, sounded better on the menu than what came on the plate. Not bad, just average. The beet salad was not restaurant worthy. The orrchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe was good but something I could easily make at home. The swordfish was a good dish with tasty puttanesca sauce.
- Such warm customer service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013Such warm customer service, personal attention by every server, great food served hot from the kitchen, samplings of a few wines before we made our decision, etc. This is probably our fourth time over a couple of years and it just gets better. Love all the local purveyors used on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Point ReyesPigleTDined on 9/20/2013We had the Oyster pizza and homemade Bucatini pasta dish with clams. Both were excellent and paired well with the house white wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem in Point Reyes StationCowgirlDined on 9/18/2013This is my second dinner at Stellina. We met some friends after a day riding horses at the park. We were casually dressed but well received. The service from the minute we entered the door was excellent. There was quite a lot of variety on the menu so each couple ordered three courses and shared each delicious course. There was not a loser in the meal. Especially delightful was a marrow bone appetizer, something that my grandmother used to serve but I've never seen on a restaurant menu. And of course, fresh oysters from Drakes Bay. Can't wait to come back when visiting the National Seashore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.