11285 Hwy 1
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956Neighborhood:
Point Reyes Station
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriastellina.com/
- Phone: 4156639988x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every day: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM;
Dinner: Every evening: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
There is no penalty to cancel a reservation at any time. We want to make sure you call us in case your plans have changed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Christian Caiazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater off site functions, encompassing West Marin & Sonoma County, for up to 150 people. Stellina caters weddings, conferences, rehearsal dinners and many other types of functions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful back room of the restaurant is ideal for small groups looking for great local cuisine in a private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Giorgio Notari 4156639988x
- Entertainment: Tuesday nights at Stellina is Local's Night (November through April)
featuring live music from local musicians
A word from Osteria Stellina
Located in the picturesque West Marin town of Point Reyes Station, Osteria Stellina offers a delicious, intimate, farm-to-table dining experience. Known for our local and seasonal cuisine, we strive to showcase the bounty of West Marin on every plate. Our ingredients are sourced from the surrounding regions many farmers, ranchers, and fisherman; each dish reads like a sophisticated blue plate special, comprised of what's close and plentiful on a given day. The result is a creative, clean, farm fresh menu we like to call "Point Reyes Italian". Osteria Stellina's daily lunch and dinner menus include house made pastas and bread, organic salads and soups, pizzas, sustainable meats and seafood, an array of satisfying desserts, and a carefully edited and affordable wine list featuring local vineyards and Italian favorites. Local beer is on tap and additional beers are available by the bottle. The restaurant's gracious dining room is ideal for diners of all ages and any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria Stellina - Best Restaurants in Point Reyes Station ›
Osteria Stellina reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (30)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (18)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)good for groups (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good food in a casual settingKathysVIPDined on 6/4/2014Osteria Stellina is a delightful little place in a delightful little town. I very much appreciate their dedication to locally sourced ingredients prepared in simple and creative ways. Be sure to spring for the extra buck and a half for the wonderful bread and olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner at Point ReyesbillpVIPDined on 6/3/2014Excellent food and service at Point Reyes. Typical California casual atmosphere. Food was excellent and their attention to local and sustainable is to be commended. Lovely wine list and a great selection of local micro brews is also available. Wait staff was patient and attentive.Special Features:
- The following 437 reviews are from the Osteria Stellina reviews archive.
- Friendly StaffWatermelonDined on 5/31/2014The staff were wonderful at this restaurant. Very friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I've been to Osteria quite a few times now. We brought a foodie friend this time who absolutely loved our meal. Our oysters had just the right amount of briny flavor, and our pastas were rustic, outstanding and abundant! Service was friendly and very good as well.Special Features:
- Good food, great service!eLJCDined on 5/28/2014Downtown Pt. Reyes Station, so quite convenient for visitors to Nat'l Seashore. It was pleasantly quiet when we were there, though it was not crowded, so that might change a bit. Still, not a noisy place. Food was very good. All four of us enjoyed our salads & entrees, not to mention luscious desserts. Wine list was reasonable, though prices seemed a bit high. However, our waiter, Luis, made the evening. He was very welcoming, knowledgeable about the wine and not shy about recommendations--both of which were quite good and not expensive. In fact, all of the wait staff were very friendly. Nice warm place.Special Features:
- Tasty spot at Point ReyesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/27/2014Very tasty meal. Had beet salad with over-abundance of beets. And then the lamb loin with best tasting cauliflower preparation I've ever had. Good wine list of local wines and others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as first visitSuzanneDined on 5/25/2014I was somewhat disappointed in our dining experience. I brought 2 of my best friends here, telling how fabulous the food was on my previous visit. they both had "lamb steaks' which were actually just a chunk of lamb - one person said it was very gristley and she couldn't eat the meat. I was disappointed in seeing goat on the online menu (and I had requested goat on the online reservation)then getting there and finding out they didn't have goat. The waiter was great. The busboy didn't replace our bread plates which we had all used for oyster shells(appetizer). We got there early and it wasn't that busy. Not sure I'd be in a rush to get back to try a 3rd meal.Special Features:
- Unique FoodHenryBDined on 5/23/2014Excellent oyster pizza. Canellini pasta very tasty. Awesome beer selection and tasty desert. Super attentive waitress. Need to put in screened windows as it was pretty hot in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza rocks!OSpizzaRocksDined on 5/23/2014We had the pizza and it was delicious. Tons of flavor, fresh ingredients & big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Your restaurant is run beautifully. The food was had wonderful flavor and the service was friendly and quick. Dessert was exceptionally delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to the peaches?RossmomDined on 5/11/2014We went on a busy Mother's Day, as we have done for 3 or 4 years. Everything we ordered was very good, but there was an error on the dessert menu of which we were not made aware. A strawberry dessert was to come with "local roasted peaches" and we were quite excited about that which determined our choice. When the dessert came there were no peaches. Our waiter did not appear for some time, during which we ate the dessert anyway. When queried about the absence of peaches, he seemed surprised and upon inquiring of the kitchen was told "the peaches never came in". A restaurant of this quality should have informed the wait staff of the error, and then we could have been informed, and made a decision on whether to change the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disapointedMauriceDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant had been in the Best 100 list for a few years. Was looking forward to eating there. Service was subpar. The beef stew with great ingredients was too salty. Did not make to this year's list.Special Features:
- wowHaroldVIPDined on 5/9/2014wow! What a great restaurant ! The food is amazing!! Wonderful pasta ..meats ,,fish ..all the spectrum was great! The staff is gracious and the chef is so caring about all aspects .. WOWSpecial Features:
- Great day triplive4daytripsDined on 5/9/2014Drove from Fremont to Novato to join friends who took us on to Point Reyes Station for lunch at Stellina's. Each of the four of us ordered different dishes (a pasta dish, a toasted cheese sandwich, a beef stew, and I forget the fourth. We also had a bottle of Zin and a cheese plate appetizer. The service was quite friendly and attwentive and everyone loved their meal. A great dining expewrience. After lunch we drove to Pt. Reyes National Seashore, took the Earthquake Walk, and spent some time in the visitor center. What a wonderful day trip with friends.Special Features:
- good enoughCeleryDined on 5/4/2014Overall, good food. Limited menu for veggies. Located in heart of shellfish country. How then to explain running out of oysters by 7pm on a Sunday night??? One in our party QUITE disappointed. Also out of steak entree!!?? hmmmmm.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Order the PastagoodtipperDined on 5/4/2014I was looking forward to dining at Stellina after having read the reviews. The hostess greeted us warmly and seated us at a table she thought would be quiet. The oysters were delicious; however, the penne and the buccatini were nothing to write home about. My husband and I figured they must've had a very high profit margin on these dishes. The penne had a few white beans and about a half a leaf's worth of chopped Swiss chard. Would it have killed them to add more beans, at least a whole leaf of chard, and some more garlic? Perhaps we wouldn't have felt so ripped off if they hadn't charged $1.50 for the bread. The cake/strawberry sorbet was okay but not worth $9. A screaming baby and slow service didn't help. We won't be back.
- Not bad for small townAndyDined on 5/3/2014P. R. Station has 350 inhabitants and three or so fairly good restaurants (besides the Creamery). After eating oysters for two days straight we decided to hit the town restaurants. I would say Station Cafe is the best overall but it is casual and we wanted something a little more upscale and romantic. Stellina was a good fit. The food was not bad, though not stellar, and the service became very good after we got into a conversation with the server. The town basically shuts down around 6pm, so Stellina is impressive--I mean it must be hard to keep up this kind of good to very good atmosphere when most locals are used to going to bed when the sun goes down. Not that there's anything wrong with that, 'course.Special Features:
- Loved it!4foodVIPDined on 5/3/2014Another delicious dinner. We like to share dishes so as to try lots of menu items. We had the clams, salad, pasta, and pizza - all fresh and tasted amazing. Love the local ingredients and that the restaurant focuses on sustainability. Service was attentive and friendly, we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- The ONLY Place to Eat in Pt. ReyesTomatoVIPDined on 5/1/2014Love their GBD (Golden Brown Delicious) cheese sandwich with caramelized onions and goat meat. Great wine list.Special Features:
- veal. no thank yousosfjulieDined on 4/26/2014Went here for boyfriend but not again. Any nice memories are overshadowed by knowing this place supports the veal industry where innocent babies are kept in isolation and dark for 18-35 months. Such horror!!! This should not be legal!
- CyncaliCynCaliDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful as usual. We wish the menu would have changed since last time we came but that is the only minor negative point we have to say :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2014Pt. Reyes dining options are limited. This is an upscale place with an appetizing menu, great wine list, and good ambience. Unfortunately the waiter seemed impatient with us despite our efforts to be friendly, and then got one of our orders wrong. When it finally arrived, the portion had been reduced to about 1/2 its previous size. We'll probably eat here again but it wasn't incredible.Special Features:
- I always return to this restaurantShirlDined on 4/16/2014My friend and I got the least desirable table in the restaurant, and it was still great! I love the food and the wine, and you can't beat beautiful Pt. Reyes Station. Everything is fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- A Little NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Great food, nice room, good service, but a little too much noise. Could/should think a bit about acoustics. A bit hard to hear the conversation across the table. Use to loud rooms where you get use to it. But I kept noticing the sound level over and over again. That's unusual for me...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeTheBobs040514Dined on 4/5/2014The only disappointing part to our experience was when my daughter explained she is GF (celiac), the waiter responded "we have many dairy free dishes or we can modify". She did have a gluten reaction even with our effort of communicating to the Waiter and carefully ordering. It is surprising how many people in the food business and especially a restaurant like Osteria Stellina, that someone does not understand what GF means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingJenLDDined on 4/4/2014It was a Friday evening; the menu looked promising. The fish dish I had seemed overly fatty and not very fresh surprisingly. The flatbread pizza that my partner had was pretty good. The salad was excellent.
- Everything was wonderful,NYCxVIPDined on 3/23/2014Everything was wonderful, and the service was friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The vegetables and pizzas were especially delicious. We were in town for two nights and liked Stellina so much the first night that we went back the second night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not wowedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014I expected to be overwhelmed by the great food and I thought that it was okay.Special Features:
- Great food, indifferent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014You cannot find fault in their food and wine- top notch, even by California standards. However, the noise level was so high a decent conversation could not be had, so if you have little to say, this place is perfect. Alas, so many other things were below average: - Even though we had reservations (made a month earlier), it was almost 30 minutes before we were seated. - We sat at our table for 15 minutes before anyone came by, in the form of our waitress, who we were to catch a fleeting glimpse of the entire night. She took our order (which she did not do accurately), didn't bother with telling us the specials, and did not return until she came to take our dessert order (other employees were in charge of dropping off our dishes, etc.)Special Features:
- Another lovely meal at StellinaMonicaDined on 3/8/2014We've eaten here several times, & as always, were not disappointed. Love the incorporation of fresh, seasonal, local produce wherever possible. The braised goat on polenta & greens is a hearty & delicious standby. Enjoyed the pizza with fresh oysters & creamed leeks. The grilled swordfish was a bit bland on its own, but the citrus & fennel salad accompaniment was fresh & zesty - could have used a larger serving of this. Thanks for making our birthday celebration special with a dessert treat for the birthday boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSanta219Dined on 3/8/2014Osteria Stellina came highly recommended and I hope Saturday, March 8, 2014, was just an "off" night. The noise level was such that we could hardly hear each other across the table, although everyone in Stellinas seemed to be enjoying themselves. The bread and olive oil were tasteless which was not a good introduction as our first tastes of the evening. It got better with the turnip puree soup and the Mozerella cheese and balsamic dressing which were flavorful and good. The rib-eye steak dinner, risotto and goat had a nice flavor, but the goat was stringy and tough. We decided to leave instead of trying any of the desserts.Special Features:
- Pt Reyes Restaurantfood4foragerDined on 3/7/2014Do I eat in restaurants who prepare the type of food we eat and prepare every day? You bet! From the greeting to the dessert, my family was treated to a rustic feast. Though not extensive, the courses offered were well prepared, balanced and very tasty. Service was well paced, friendly, and attentive. I grow, fish, hunt, forage, cure and can foods. I believe simple preparation, seasonal foods, and allowing the ingredients to shine is the hallmark of a good chef and staff. Stellina hits the mark. Highly recommended for diners who love rustic Italian/Californian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but good.BirbanteDined on 3/1/2014It was our second time there. Everything there is locally sourced and organic. I had the mussels both times, never had better. I guess being in Point Reyes means having access to a lot of high quality ingredients every day--and they know what they're doing. I wouldn't describe the menu as "adventurous" or "innovative", just highly competent execution of dishes from the best ingredients. If you're ordering wine by the glass, don't turn your nose up at the "house red" or "house white". In some places "house wines" are mediocre, inexpensive wines for people who aren't really into wine enough to care. Stellina's house wines are pretty solid selections. I think they just find good, versatile wines by the barrel and put them on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthdayalanmarinDined on 2/22/2014Took my daughter and her partner for a birthday lunch celebration. Made for a great family occasion with great food, friendly service great aMBIENCE IN REASTAURANT AND outside.Special Features:
- Delicious!JudyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Believe it or not I got this recommendation from Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop newsletter. Glad we stopped in. This is a terrific place. Pizza was really, really good! And we had an apple parsnip soup which was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very averageJanet95Dined on 2/21/2014We had looked forward to trying this restaurant for a long time. In the event, it disappointed. We ordered oysters to start, but the waiter forgot about them and brought them later, after delivering the main dishes. The oysters were excellent. The main dishes came about one minute after ordering -- pasta had been microwaved, tuna salad was dry. The hostess and waiter were not particularly welcoming or friendly -- or apologetic about anything. Wie will probably not return.Special Features:
- We love coming to Osteria Stellina!ChristyDined on 2/16/2014As always, the food and service at Stellina were wonderful. There were four of us, and we all had different things, and we were all very pleased with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayRobert5181Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had the prix fixe Valentine's Day dinner. The portions were very adequate and the wine pairing included some excellent wines. I thought that the menu was well thought out and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerMikeKDined on 2/14/2014It was some kind of drive to get to Point Reyes. We had a 5:30 reservation but didn't get there until 6 pm. We were told the reservation was not held after 15 minutes but they worked to get us in. We waited another 35 minutes and then we're seated. The menu was prix fixe and turned out to be very good from top to bottom. The caviar topped oyster starter was good followed by golden beet soup. Then the main course of top sirloin with bernaise and roasted potatoes was served and it was very good even though I'm not big on sauces on my meat. The meal ended up with a Nutella chocolate cake and homemade vanilla ice cream. In a place where oyster farms are all along the waterway, this was a quaint little stop and will stop here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, noisy neighbors...SonomaDavidVIPDined on 2/11/2014The four of us greatly enjoyed our lunch food…but we (and others at other tables) were greatly disturbed by the loud noise from five women at a nearby table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.