Christos Steak House
4108 23rd Avenue
Astoria, NY 11105Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Christos Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.christossteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7187778400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm -11:00pm, Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Greek
- Executive Chef: Mina Newman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Christos Steak House
Newsday calls Christos "An Astoria Steak House of Style and Substance" Zagat writes, "The top-of-the-line surf-n-turf "rocks" at this smartly served Steak House that's "worth a trip over the bridge." A "large selection of prime-aged meats" comes prepared to perfection", backed up with traditional Greek sides"... Try our new "Grilled Section" featuring three new prime cuts. All for $26 and under!!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Christos Steak House - Best Restaurants in Astoria ›
Christos Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (26)good for groups (20)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Simple deliciousLuv2dineVIPDined on 2/16/2014Watt a great experience ,we had a romantic diner and the service was austending and the desert was superb watt a thatch these restaurant haves the best chefs watt a great meal thank you Christos for keeping up with the reputation .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Christos!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Christos hands down is one of the best steakhouses I have ever been to in NYC. It is refreshing to see such an amazing steakhouse that deviates from the norms found in the bustling city. The entrees and sides are all incredible, as are their appetizer list. The staff (from hostess to bussers) are completely delightful. Love Love Love Christos, will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EvelastminutereservationDined on 12/31/2013I found this place near my apartment as a last minute NYE reservation when my parents came up on a whim. Boy am I glad it came through because we had a wonderful time in a very classy, family friendly environment ringing in the New Year with complimentary champagne toast and fun party favors. The menu was unchanged from the regular dinner and the food was SO delicious. Portion sizes were large, tasty, cooked well and satisfying. We were worried when the dishes did not come with sides standard but when the portions came out we realized why. They are plenty filling on their own but the sides were equally as delicious. It was the first time my parents celebrated New Years outside of their normal environment and they were so happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYE dinner!MargoVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great food great atmosphere and wonderful service. Steak probably better than Peter Lugers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice early NEW YEARSJASOT1Dined on 12/31/2013We had a nice early NEW YEARS EVE dinner. Service was fair........it's not that it wasn't "there" just not particularly pleasant.......wait service looked a bit burnt out. Food was very good. Great chops, greek dips, raw bar...........only complaint was the tasty but oh so DRY salmon. I specifically ordered it rare. NOT! Portions were large and menu was varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFaveVIPDined on 12/21/2013I've been to Christos numerous times. & have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoSosaucersDined on 12/13/2013I was looking forward to our dinner at Christos since I've heard some good reviews from friends of mine. Overall, I was a little disappointed with the service since I did not know who my server was. We had two different waiters attending to us, one of which I could barely hear since he spoke in a low tone. The hostess seemed bored and sat at an empty table and played on her phone. The food was good, not excellent. The calamari were excellent but the baked clams were average at best. The breading was burned and had little taste. The steaks were under seasoned but the lemon potato and roasted broccoli were excellent. Says a lot when the best food were the side dishes. It's unfortunate, I was really looking forward to a good dinner.Special Features:
- GreatSteakoutbestinclassDined on 12/13/2013The Steaks were prepared to perfection. The menu choices covered all in our party, nothing left us pondering. No room for desert but we did anyway, we were not let down. The sherberts and carrot cake were exquisiteSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013Excellent dining experience overall. Great food and accommodated my party of 8 which turned into 9. Definitely would recommend. Great neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak as good as Manhattan's bestgdfdmavineVIPDined on 12/7/2013I haven't been here for awhile but the food was as good as I remembered, Our host was accommodating and quite friendly. Our waiter made some really good suggestions, we ordered the wedge steak for 2 at his suggestion and it was delicious, It is a great steakhouse in a neighborhood location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2013We had the wedge steak for two, perfectly done to order and perfectly seasoned. I am a salt fanatic and so is my husband. neither one of reached for the salt at all! The lobster mashed came served in the lobster shell, beautifully presented. As an appetizer I had the spicy scallops, tender char broiled scallops, served in a martini glass, with a spicy mayo and crunchy onion? I could taste the char on the scallops and the spicy mayo and crunchy onion added a wonderful layer of taste and texture. My husband started with the crab cocktail, succulent crab, served with avocado and a wonderful remoulade sauce. Service is amazing. Ask for Erick, he will take good care of you! Best steak we have had ever!Special Features:
- Really good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2013Is it worth it? Maybe. Prices are high but what do you expect from a steakhouse in New York City? Ribeye was intensely flavorful and light on seasoning. Their quality of meat is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013We enjoied our food verry much,the stake tartar is amazing! Our friends had the shrimp and the octopus salad,their apps ware also verry good! My whife had the lobster! My friends whife had the scaloops! We had the rib eye! Food delicious! Our server was verry nice and friendly! Everythyng washed down with our own bottle of Opus one 2005! Corcage fee $25! Decent! Verry good stakehouse!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerdrewDined on 10/26/2013Great Restaurant with great food. They were really great about accommodating our 6 month old!Special Features:
- Night out for Steakcraze4lucianDined on 10/19/2013I went out with a couple of buddies to have some high quality steak at the highly rated Astoria steakhouse. We ordered the hanger and the manger steak, both marinated with wine along with sides of mashed potatoes. It tasted okayish to our preferences. Service was great and the atmosphere itself was great for friends to hang out and have a great time, only thing I regretted was not getting the charbroiled steak option! Recommend!!Special Features:
- Loved it!kjay1114Dined on 10/19/2013I've been to Christos a few times, love it. My wife and I couldn't have asked for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodPhilDined on 10/16/2013Great Menu items. Food was good & the service was good too. It wasn't packed when I went on a Wed night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencemcheck57VIPDined on 10/9/2013What I like about Christos is that you have the mixture of a steakhouse with Greek food- all done well.Special Features:
- Good find in AstoriaTojoDined on 10/6/2013I lived in Astoria many years and never came across this neighborhood gem - the food was excellent, staff friendly and atmosphere very pleasant - took family members from out of town (UK) there and we had a wonderful meal in comfort and without noise (except our table..) Would certainly go back. For the price it was a very reasonable steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaganakiStevishDined on 10/4/2013This best i've had since a friend made it for me. everthing is outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well greeted by valetJAG84COM1Dined on 9/28/2013Very well greeted by valet and host, sat down immediately, food was excellent...Service good...All on a busy Saturday night when you sometimes expect service to suffer...Special Features:
- Not just a steakhousekatkev23Dined on 9/28/2013I had joined the Christo's dining club and after eating there a couple of times, I received a birthday gift of a two pound lobster. I was cooked to perfection as were the fitet mignons that my neice and husband had. Her fiance had the skirt steak and the lobster mashed potatoes, He enjoyed them both very much. The Greek apetizers we had are what make this place special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it fav restaurantemachado13Dined on 9/27/2013hands down best place ever i cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Amazing!MariaDined on 9/7/2013Everything from beginning to end was delicious and the staff was ver nice. I would definitely recommend this place for dinner or special occasions, etc. This was my second time here and both times were memorable; a place I would return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choicelenyDined on 9/7/2013This place has great appetizers, a variety of side orders and fantastic salads. Its a great place for meat lovers. The food is well served and there is a great list of wines to select from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood StapleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013The Surf and Turf was great and probably the best bang for your buck on the menu. I walked away stuffed and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceHawleypatentDined on 8/29/2013Great spot. Good food except the steak. We had The Wedge, which was a sirloin for two. Not very tender. We should have ordered a more expensive cut. Expensive, like most places in New York city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to have a good,AsheeVIPDined on 8/22/2013great place to have a good, peaceful, relaxing dinner...staff is great!
- All around excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013This place is terrific. Superb food, good service. The ambiance is fine. Once in a while, the noise level goes up a bit too far, but generally it is very good. I recommend it without hesitation.Special Features:
- ChristosErnieDined on 8/16/2013An outstanding dining experience. The lobster mashed potatoes are an absolute must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantManUnitedBenVIPDined on 8/16/2013Our meal at Christos was, quite simply, the best we've had in NYC for nearly a decade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StuffGFunkDined on 7/16/2013The food and the service were very good. I went on a Tuesday night so it was not that crowded. There were a lot of people there with children which i thought was weird being such a fancy place. That made it a little loud. The drinks were good and they hac a nice martini menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's in a "Name"?WineWithThatVIPDined on 7/15/2013I've dined at some of big "name" steakhouses and I have to say, Christo's outdoes them all. I never had a better, more tender and flavorful filet. Side dishes were also excellent and something as simple as a salad was given a unique, gourmet touch. My one regret? It's in Astoria and I'm in Connecticut. Lucky New Yorkers! Wish I were there.Special Features:
- One of Astoria's finer restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013With all of the new up and coming restaurants in Astoria, I feel that Christos has been consistent . Consistently great. The service is the top reason for my returns as well as the food. If you're a "surf and turf" kind of eater, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013We come here frequently and love it. The food is excellent and the service is usually great. This time, however, the server could not have been more unwelcoming, or standoffish. She didn't smile, made it difficult for us to order what we wanted by pretending she didn't know what we were talking about. If this wasn't a place we'd been to often and loved, we probably would've left after our first encounter with this woman. I am a server, and don't always feel like being at work, but its important to at least make your guests feel welcome. Oh we'll, I guess we all have bad days, but this does leave a bad taste In our mouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for QueensLeslieAnneDined on 6/14/2013I am on the fence about this place. I am going to give the review, as a "I might go back, but would order different items". We started with the mussels, we've certainly had better. They were slightly fishy and there was not enough sauce. One of my favorte thnigs to do is to soak up the sauce with bread after finishing the mussels; not possible here. Next was the steak. We ordered the recommended "Wedge". Honestly, next time I would order a steak, not something already cut up and from multiple part of the cow. There was no sear on the outside of these pieces. However, it was tender and had a nice flavor. We ordered string beans and truffle fries and they were delicious. The ambience was very pleasent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Christos!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013Christos is ridiculously amazing! The seafood, the steaks, all the sides...tremendously delicious!! So lucky to have this restaurant in my hood! The staff is excellent - attentive without being overbearing. Alaskan king crab legs - perfect. Filet mignon - perfect. Blue point oysters - so so yummy!! I cannot rave enough about this place - GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good buy for the funky wallet.Luv2dineVIPDined on 6/1/2013I LOVE THE RELAX FEEL OF THIS PLACE,I DAFINITELEY RETURN TO TRY MORE DISHES CAN GO RONG WITHE THE STEAK FOR TO TWO LOVET AND SUPRAZIG SELECTION OF DESERTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/1/2013You can not go wrong with anything from the Menu.. Christos is our "go to Place" for Steaks in Astoria. We have never had anything that we didn't enjoy. The service has always been good.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBellisimoDined on 5/31/2013My only complaint is that I called the evening before to let the staff know that it was my son's birthday. He said that they could bring out their standard dessert for the occasion or he could order from the dessert menu and then have a candle inserted into whatever dessert he chose. My son chose the Baked Alaska dessert, but to my disappointment, it did not come with a candle and the port wine as promised. I excused myself from the table and went to the hostess stand to remind the staff of my phone call. After several minutes, a tiny bowl of whipped cream with a lit candle was brought out with two small glasses of port wine. The staff sang Happy Birthday to my son. Better late than never. I was not charged for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.