Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
801 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinzimini.com/
- Phone: 7035374200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am to 10:30am Monday through Friday; 6:30am to 12:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am to 2:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday; 12:00pm to 2.30pm Saturday
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Nightly: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Boyd Palker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pinzimini offers many of its menu items to go. Large party platters available for pick-up, perfect for office or home parties. Try Pinzimini pizzas ON-THE-GO and bring the freshness and aromas to your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking for a private room for a business meeting, company or family celebration, Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge features a refreshing ambiance for every special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Franck Ackah 7035374200
- Special Events: Pinzimini offers the following private dining options: a Private Dining Room for up to 40 seated guests and up to 60 for standing reception, and a semi-private room overlooking the courtyard for up to 30 guests. For more information and private dining menus, please email email@example.com.
A word from Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
Located in the bustling neighborhood of Ballston, Pinzimini is not your traditional Italian restaurant. With a culinary philosophy of fresh, local ingredients and simple preparations, you can sign a contract at a power-broker business lunch or celebrate a done-deal over evening cocktails in the lounge. Our modern Italian cuisine mixes high-quality ingredients that display the creativity of our chefs, with fresh accents as well as seasonal salads and pastas. Pinzimini also offers patio seating to allow you to enjoy the weather on a beautiful day. We are located two blocks from the Ballston Metro on North Glebe Road in The Westin Arlington Gateway. 2 hours of complimentary valet parking available for all diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- we got seated - it was averageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2009we got seated - it was average customer service - could have been better after we got our main course - could have came by & check to see how the food was but didnt. had a discussion with the manager & he understood what needs to be done in order to improve service. possible that i could go back there again soon.Special Features:
- The arugula salad was quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2009The arugula salad was quite tasty. The cavatelli pasta dish was cooked al dente, which was very good. However, the dish was a bit too oily.Special Features:
- I have given this restaurantKLoDCVIPDined on 1/23/2009I have given this restaurant three chances as a neighborhood resident. The steaks are good, the manager is awesome but the wait staff has much to be desired, especially associated with a Starwood Hotel. Customer service seems to be slipping everywhere one goes though.
- We had a large party of 12,Arlington7175VIPDined on 12/31/2008We had a large party of 12, but services was very slow to the point, I would reconsider coming again with a large group. Butternut squash soup was very good.
- Website did not indicate aOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2008Website did not indicate a special, limited menu was in effect for New Year's Eve. What was offered was ok. We were not able to taste their regular menu, which was the reason for our visit.
- Food was good and room wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008Food was good and room was nice. Reservation had requested booth seating. That was not set up until we arrived and refused a table in the middle of the room. Wine service was done completely wrong. Red wine was opened at the table and then dumped into the three glasses. Cork was stuck back into bottle without ever being shown to anyone or a taste poured for anyone or the red wine allowed to breathe. Clearly not a trained person.
- Absolutely delicious! So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2008Absolutely delicious! So good! Great service, adorable lounge and exceptional service. Couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- Have eaten here several times.Arlington7175VIPDined on 11/19/2008Have eaten here several times. This past visit was for the Appetite Stimulus 3-course package. The butternut squash soup was outstanding. The beef tenderloin was too salty and tasted as if it has been overseasoned. I would visit again, largely because it is close to home and quiet with fairly good service.
- Not a bad spot if you're inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2008Not a bad spot if you're in the neighborhood, but not our favorite either.
- A very attractive restaurant,ElRicVIPDined on 10/17/2008A very attractive restaurant, but over priced food--the pizza came out soggy--unforgiveable for such pretense of high-end diing. The steak and veal chop were decent. Service was very attentive and personable. There are much better places in the area for the money.
- I thought our waiter was notLuluVIPDined on 9/3/2008I thought our waiter was not very attentive. But the oddest situation was that when I made a reservation I could not get one for 6:30, only 5:00 or 7:00. Naturally, I assumed the restaurant was full for the time I requested -- and some time beforehand as well.Special Features:
- The restaurant was elegantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2008The restaurant was elegantly decorated, quite, not very busy. The waiter was very knowledgeable on the wines available. Food came in perfect portions! Menu had a wide variety to select from...I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Had dinner with a friend onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2008Had dinner with a friend on a Thursday night, and we had an amazing time! The food was delicious, and the server was a lot of fun. Excellent spot, would visit again.Special Features:
- The food was great. The restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2008The food was great. The restaurant wasn't crowded, so the service could have been better, but it was overall a great experience. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Too much salt! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/17/2008Too much salt! Everything I have had there has potential but is overpowered by too much salt. And the lunch time wait staff could use a bit more training. Ours neglected to offer us the specials. Another waiter had to come over and help her out.
- First of all, there was noOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2008First of all, there was no maitre d' there. The waiter was the only person working at the reception area and apparently he didn't know how to check me in for my OpenTable reservation, even though I gave him my full name. Although I ordered the Mediterranean Sea Bass, the waiter brought me out the soft-shell crab. He told me that he accidentally pressed the wrong button, so I had to wait longer for my meal than my friend, whose birthday I was celebrating that night. The arugula salad was good, and the panna cotta dessert was good, although it would be better if was less sweet.
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2008The service was excellent and the food delicious. A menu with many great options without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised by theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2008Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, and the quietness of the restaurant. The ambience is great. The Westin is a wonderful addition to Arlington. The services was good, but not great; however I am not complaining. I have eaten here a few times, but this was the first for brunch. Party of 4, and we tried four different menu options...all were fabulous. Great food. Wonderful experience. Waiters could be a little more attentive; had to carry my check to the bar to get cashed out (again), but in the big picture, still really enjoyed it. One observation...the softdrinks tasted flat. Now that I think of that, they always tasted flat..somehow this should be addressed. Thanks. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- Overall it was a fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Overall it was a fantastic experience. The staff was courtious, the food was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Pinzimini is one of my favoritejondersVIPDined on 5/5/2008Pinzimini is one of my favorite Ballston lunch destinations, esp for business lunches. It is a unhurried atmosphere with good food and service. Much more relaxing that most of the chain restaurants in the Ballston area. I will be back!Special Features:
- Food was really outstanding....LOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008Food was really outstanding....LOVED the chicken cacciatore! The wine list was also surprisingly complete, especially by the glass. Overall a great experience and we look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The waiter, Matthew L., providedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/7/2008The waiter, Matthew L., provided exceptional service. Very professional and courteous. My guest and I both remarked on it. He went out of his way to be helpful to us - even making copies of some documents needed for our business lunch.
- Service was very good, foodVisitorVIPDined on 3/21/2008Service was very good, food tasty but in retrospect, quite salty.Special Features:
- When I arrived there was nobodyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/17/2008When I arrived there was nobody at the Host/Hostess desk. I waited 3-4 minutes without anyone offering assistance and finally proceeded over to the Bar and ate there instead. The bartender was very personable and provided good service but I can't give a good service rating when there is no one to welcome you and seat you in the dining area.
- This has been a great, dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2007This has been a great, dependable place for special occasions, (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.), with an ever-changing menu that can be adventurous, but not too outrageous. The last Thanksgiving dinner we had here with just a few tweaks to make it "Italian" was a very memorable meal...in a GOOD way. Plus the cost per person is a pleasant surprise when you're dining in such "posh" surroundings. This isn't a place we did (or would do) on a regular basis, but for every celebration or special get-together, you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Bit pricier than I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/15/2007Bit pricier than I expected for the caliber of the food we had, but to be expected for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was very mixed - my dateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2007Food was very mixed - my date and I alternated good courses - she had excellent soup and my salad was so overwhelming with vinegar and somehting else it burned my mouth - my entre was great but hers and mediocre.. and the story goes on for deserts, etc... no plans to return - do NOT recommend