Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
801 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinzimini.com/
- Phone: 7035374200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am to 10:30am Monday through Friday; 6:30am to 12:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am to 2:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday; 12:00pm to 2.30pm Saturday
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Nightly: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Boyd Palker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pinzimini offers many of its menu items to go. Large party platters available for pick-up, perfect for office or home parties. Try Pinzimini pizzas ON-THE-GO and bring the freshness and aromas to your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking for a private room for a business meeting, company or family celebration, Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge features a refreshing ambiance for every special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Franck Ackah 7035374200
- Special Events: Pinzimini offers the following private dining options: a Private Dining Room for up to 40 seated guests and up to 60 for standing reception, and a semi-private room overlooking the courtyard for up to 30 guests. For more information and private dining menus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
Located in the bustling neighborhood of Ballston, Pinzimini is not your traditional Italian restaurant. With a culinary philosophy of fresh, local ingredients and simple preparations, you can sign a contract at a power-broker business lunch or celebrate a done-deal over evening cocktails in the lounge. Our modern Italian cuisine mixes high-quality ingredients that display the creativity of our chefs, with fresh accents as well as seasonal salads and pastas. Pinzimini also offers patio seating to allow you to enjoy the weather on a beautiful day. We are located two blocks from the Ballston Metro on North Glebe Road in The Westin Arlington Gateway. 2 hours of complimentary valet parking available for all diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Need pricing consistency!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/30/2012Loved the 1/2 price lunch combo deal on Wednesday. Just tow complaints, 1) either my tomato was very unripe, or I had an heirloom tomato that wasn't so described on the menu. 2) the lunch combo at 1/2 proce was listed on the menu at $6.00, when the check arrived, the price was on the check at $6.50. Fortunately, our very kind and excellent server changed the price to that listed on the menu.Special Features:
- Our server botched everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2012Our server botched everything across the board. Drinks, prices, and orders.
- I was seated at a table whereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012I was seated at a table where there was a lot of foot traffic. Our table was moved, but it did not help and new diners were brought in through where we were seated; they had to squeeze through and many of them bumped into the chair and occasionally the head. My Crab Cake Benedict was average, the hash browns were dry, rubbery and inedible. Customer service was poor. When we entered the restaurant we had to wait a while as there was no one at the front to seat us. We had to wait for the food for considerable time, but no bread or anything else was brought to nibble on while we waited. After the plates were cleared, the wait was considerable before we could get the check. I do not recommend this restaurant.
- On a previous visit the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/1/2012On a previous visit the food and service was good; however on this occasion the service was inattentive and there were long delays between ordering and serving of each course (both main course and desserts). Even after notifying the hostess that there had been a long delay on the dessert course (over 30 minutes and the server was nowhere to be seen), it was still another 5-10 minutes before the server stopped by to check on us.
- I enjoyed more oysters andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012I enjoyed more oysters and house cured bacon while sitting on the Pinzimini patio. One of my current favorites is the cauliflower and gnocchi. The apple butter used in the dish really puts it over the top especially if you are dining vegetarian. I also tried a cod dish for the first time last week. The fish was cooked perfectly and the sauce was delicious. Honestly, I have had nothing but great experiences at Pinizimini.Special Features:
- Delicious Food.jcfromtnDined on 4/8/2012Our food was delicious. I would highly recommend Pinzimini.Special Features:
- What a magical evening atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012What a magical evening at Pinzimini. The food blew me away. Standouts were the short rib, scallops, and the frito misto (oh so light!). Service was five star! Can’t wait to come back.Special Features:
- I keep coming back to PinziminiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012I keep coming back to Pinzimini for the oyster special, all you can eat from 4:30 - 6:30 on Fridays for only $15. A great deal if ever there was one. Some new appetizers seem to be in the offing as well. Sounds like chef Graham and his staff may start curing bacon on site. He previewed a bacon appetizer with two delicious sauces. I am sure I will be back for seconds.Special Features:
- Want to Impress a Client? Go HERE!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2012Service was excellent. Best in the area. HOWEVER...the food was just a OKAY. Nothing was bad, there just wasn't anything that was VERY GOOD either. The service cannot compensate for the so-so food quality forever. Chefs need to step it up. Since I selected this restaurant for a business meal, my expectations were exceeded and the experience was outstanding. This restaurant will be my 1st choice for a business luncheon, but I wouldn't bring my spouse to this restaurant for a "very good meal" due to the so-so quality of the food.Special Features:
- Oysters on deckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012All you can eat oysters on the patio on a beautiful day, who could ask for anything more. Grilled or raw oysters are avaiable. I would get this special while it lasts, they were so popular that we ran Pinzimini out of oysters. We also had the short rib, which is always a favorite choice. We were very pleasantly surprised with the cauliflower and gnocchi appetizer. She does not really like cauliflower and was planning on just having a bite or two. The apple butter coated goodness made her a cauliflower lover.Special Features:
- The best place for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/5/2012The best place for a business lunch in the Ballston area in Arlington.Special Features:
- My wife and I were seeingArlFoodieDined on 2/25/2012My wife and I were seeing a movie at the Ballston theaters and had dinner here before the show. The ambiance was pleasant, though it was almost totally empty on the Saturday night we went so it felt a little dead. The dishes we had--the beet salad, short ribs, and scallops--were all good, though the beets could have used a bit less dressing, and I'm not sure I liked the fried leaks on the scallops. The spare ribs were great, and the scallops were nicely seared. Our waiter was terrific, and brought us a complementary plate of fruit after discovering my wife couldn't eat any of the desserts because of her lactose intolerance. I think this restaurant has a lot of potential, and I'd love to see how it is on a busier night.
- Try the CauliflowerBaltoPaulDined on 2/22/2012The menu was small but with something for everyone. I tried the "cauliflower and gnocchi" appetizer. An unusual and yet delicious combination. The "award winning" shortrib w/risotto entree lived up to the title. It was a very generous portion, much larger than expected. Extremely tender and tasty. My dessert "opera cake" with orange and pistachio filling was two ample wedges with a scoop of sorbet as a bonus. My server was attentive and friendly and I enjoyed chatting with him. Dinner was on the pricey side, but worth the investment. I would go back.Special Features:
- The braised short rib wasBruncherDined on 2/14/2012The braised short rib was very good, must try. The desserts were also pretty nice. The wine list is decent. Good for a romantic night.Special Features:
- Service was very slow evenPhilDined on 2/14/2012Service was very slow even though the restaurant didn't appear to be very busy. Wine service took a long time and we had to ask another waiter to track down our drinks. It took 20 minutes for the waiter to pick up our check. Positives though: the short rib entree was amazing. The risotto under it was a little bland, but the beef was very, very well prepared. The pork belly appetizer was quite good, could stand to be a little more underdone. If you order coffee at the end of the meal you'll get an entire pot. Seemed overwhelming at first, but when it took 20 minutes for hte waiter to pick up the check, it came in handy.
- good service and good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/11/2012My wife and i had an enjoyable evening. service was very timely, waiter was great and the food was presented well and very tasty!Special Features:
- The chicken pesto pasta wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2012The chicken pesto pasta was probably one of the worst dishes I've ever had - very oily, heavy and not flavorful. When complained, the server apologized but did not offer any alternatives. Additionally, service was extremely slow given that the restaurant was not that busy and seemed to have adequate staff to handle the volume.
- Pinzimini is worth a try...tasty!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012C'mon! You want to know about the food, right? Well, Pinzimini offered up some of the most exceptionally tasty dishes we've ever had and the portions were very accomodating. You will leave feeling satisfied. My wife and I actually had a date night to celebrate the midpoint of our (her) pregnancy after finding out that all is going along perfectly. So, yes, a special night for us and made better by great food and classy service. My wife had the short rib dish and raved about the flavor. I had the pork belly dish and was intrigued how well all the components played off of each other...a truly tasty dish worth recommending. Last, but not least, the wait staff were very attentive and kind. We will definitely be going back again. ThanksSpecial Features:
- This restaurant is the GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2012This restaurant is the Gem for the City. You want great food and a professional staff that knows food this is the place. I will recommend this place to all my friends. I have to go back because I love it that much. I ate at a lot of places and this is on the top of my list. Try it and you will see what I mean.Special Features:
- I dine here frequently becauseTyCooperVIPDined on 1/20/2012I dine here frequently because it's conveniently located in my neighborhood, and I like the food, the service, and the ambiance. Tonight was my first visit during happy hour. Naturally, the ambiance was livelier than usual, but remained comfortable. The staff, including the manager, we're very polite and attentive. For dinner, I usually order their award-winning beef short ribs or the filet mignon.
- This was really just fair.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2012This was really just fair. Was hoping for a hidden neighborhood gem, but the food was nothing really special. Nothing bad either, so is a safe choice for a quiet good meal epecially while stying t the westin. Nothing really stood out.
- Good food and service butMdyedcVIPDined on 1/14/2012Good food and service but couldn't shake the sense that I was really just in the middle of the lobby of the hotel, complete with bad acoustics and annoying background music.
- ExquisiteRaymondDined on 1/13/2012I found the restaurant to be extremely pleasant for various purposes, from Romantic to small business mtgs. It's valet experience was delightful and located in an uncrowded side of town. I truly enjoyed the service and the full experience. They will be seeing me there more often!Special Features:
- We didn't care for the foodValerieDined on 1/12/2012We didn't care for the food at all. The pollo fritto was tasteless and The Rosemary bread pudding with apple didn't seem to go together.
- Pinzimini was a perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Pinzimini was a perfect place for new years eve dinner. It wasn't overly crowded, the server was absolutely wonderful and the menu was prepared solely for NYE. The options were fairly priced ranging from $26-32 for the entree course. The drink menu was diverse as well and my Bellini was filled to the top and strong! I definitely recommend for a special occasion dinner or romantic night.Special Features:
- Seriously??? What a difference!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Seriously??? What a difference! I live right around the corner from the Westin and haven’t been back to Pinzimini in almost two years. Let’s just say that my last visit wasn’t a great experience. My girlfriend and I decided to give it another shot after hearing great things from another couple that live in our building, and reading about the new chef’s simple earth to table philosophy online. We both enjoyed the winter salad of beets with olive oil hollandaise, the pork belly was superb, the short rib is everything that people have been talking about, and the scallops were cooked to perfection. Thomas, our server, was attentive yet not overbearing and very knowledgeable about the menu. We really enjoyed our chat with Chef Graham wheSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011We had a wonderful dining experience. The bartender made an extra effort to provide anchovie wrapped olives for my husband's martini. Our dinner was exquisite...we were not rushed but catered to in a very professional but relaxed manner. Every course was exceptionally delicious. We especially enjoyed the rock fish. We totally enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- The food is good but not greatJokeRossDined on 12/25/2011The food is good but not great or particularly original. But what can one expect -- it's a hotel restaurant. Very pleasant ambiance: quiet, open, and airy. Brunch for two adults and one 12 year old: about $100 including tip, including three bloody marys (which were excellent) and a beer. Rated against hotel restaurants: A-. Rated against more serious we're-here-for-the-food restaurants: C+.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2011The food was excellent and the place, suprisingly was relatively empty on Christmas eve. The service by our waiter, Thomas, was outstanding. Very outgonig and pleasant and willing to be professional as well as having the ability to joke around. We were not in a serious mood at all. The service was prompt and curtious. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was excellant. The serviceTheKingDined on 12/14/2011Food was excellant. The service was the best I have had in Arlington. I would definitely come back. Thank you.Special Features:
- Short ribs of beef menu itemTyCooperVIPDined on 11/23/2011Short ribs of beef menu item is award-winning. Very tasty. Open Table members receive a compilimentary appetizer.Special Features:
- Local GemTyCooperVIPDined on 11/20/2011I live within walking distance. I want to try other local restaurants, but when I find something I like, I stick with it.Special Features:
- I think the food at PinziminiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/18/2011I think the food at Pinzimini has gone downhill. I used to love the steak salad.... delicious and very reasonably priced. I recently revisited the restaurant for lunch and was generally disappointed. The menu is new and the price for the steak salad is significantly higher than before. The steak itself was okay. But the portion size was much smaller. Also, I had to hunt for the tomatoes (very tiny slivers) and I never did find the gorgonzola cheese. Generally not worth going back. I'm wondering if other people are less enthusiastic too........there were only three other tables occupied at 1:30 on a Friday afternoon.
- A wonderful placeegurianDined on 11/17/2011Was blown away. My expectations were low, mixed reviews, in a hotel. Boy was I wrong. The staff at every level is attentive, knowledgeable, very kind and charming. The food is exceptional and the presentation first rate. It is a real place for foodies, interesting menu, quiet with a lovely atmosphere. Will happily return again.Special Features:
- we went to Pinzimini for JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2011we went to Pinzimini for Jazz dinner, very nice ambiance, the food was amazing, service very attentive. definitely a huge positive change compare to the last time I went there 2 years ago. I will definitely backSpecial Features:
- As usual, the meal met ourViennaWeeneeVIPDined on 11/12/2011As usual, the meal met our exxpectations. However, we were surprised there was a live band in the dining area. While the music was good, it made peaceful conversation impossible. It would be much better to have the band in the louge area.Special Features:
- The food was good as usual,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2011The food was good as usual, but due to a large event going on that night, we had to wait 15 minutes to get bread and then it seemed like another 10 to put in our appetizer order. Our appetizers took so long that we ordered another round of bread because we were so hungry! Our entrees took unnecessarily long to arrive, and when they did they got my order wrong. We had to wait another 25 minutes for them to bring me the right entree, all the while my companion had his food so he had to eat it while it was warm! Once his food was gone, my entree arrived, so it was a very staggered and long meal. Food is great and the ambiance lovely. Typically the service is top-notch, but this time it left something to be desired.Special Features:
- I was invited to a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011I was invited to a special harvest dinner that showcased Pinzimini's committment to local ingredients. We were given the unique opportunity to meet representatives from their local providers which was fascinating. They were very impressive people with great pride in their products. Those local ingredients shined throughout the fantastic 5 course meal. Each course was nicely paired with a local wine which was a nice touch. Chef Graham Fontes went all out for this event and has chosen some great people to work with.Special Features:
- Awesome Special Dinner PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011I had the distinct pleasure of an invitation to harvest dinner celebrating Pinzimini's commitment to supporting local agriculture. The dinner was five courses and excellent from the first to the last. The special treat was meeting the guests of honor: Gary Mitchell, the owner of Grayson Natural Beef, Pinizimini's local beef provider Don Roden, the Organic Butcher of McLean, who processes their local meats Bo Montgomery, Republic National Distribution, who selected great local wines from Barboursville winery, paired for each course. If you ever get an opportunity for a special dinner at Pinzimini, jump on it. Chef Graham Fontes, his Sous Chef, Benjamin Schrader and the rest of the Pinzimini staff host a great dinner party.Special Features:
- High marks from a hard graderOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2011Just had a lovely lunch at Pinzimini. Salmon salad is excellent-- generous portion of salmon cooked to order. Service was attentive. It's a lovely dining room. The service has improved markedly from previous (slow) visits. Very welcoming! Enjoy.Special Features: