3108 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasoleac.com/
- Phone: 6093455554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cosimo Cassano & Rosalba Morici
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With personal attention & the finest cuisine, your party will have an experience they'll never forget. Whether in a convention group, a company party or a birthday celebration, Girasole will make your occasion extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Gino Iovino 6093455554
A word from Girasole Ristorante
Girasole brings the charm of the old world to Atlantic City. From the moment you enter this bright, airy restaurant, you are whisked away to a Mediterranean café. The aroma of handmade pasta dishes, fresh seafood & gourmet brick oven pizza fills the air. Dine in the impeccably decorated restaurant or, in the warmer months, enjoy lunch or dinner on the lush garden patio. Indulge in a specialty cocktail from the bar & enjoy hors d'oeuvres, carpaccios & much more, all in sunny ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Girasole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Girasole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (53)special occasion (43)romantic (42)notable wine list (29)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- This place is a gemDawnVIPDined on 12/27/2013We love this restaurant. The food is always consistent and great. Atmosphere and staff is fantastic. It's a must try for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas TreasureBethyBattDined on 12/24/2013The food, service and decor of this restaurant was top notch.Special Features:
- excellent authentic italian fareddbbdDined on 11/10/2013Highly recommend the carbanara n bronzini which were second to none. Very relaxing n romantic atmosphere. Service could b stepped up a little. Would definately recommend n would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but little disappointednightoutDined on 11/8/2013The service was good. The decor was surprising but cool- more Morrocan than Italian. The food was fine but on the pricey side for what it was. My husband had chicken- small for his appetite but well made. I was given the wrong food and had to wait a little for the correct dish which was extremely hot- including the dish... the food was microwaved. That was disappointing for this caliber of restaurant. There are so many restaurants in AC that we will try somehting else next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as UsualFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2013We've been going to Girasole's for years and this year it wasn't as good. Our pizza was burned, and when we told the waiter, he said that's the way it always is. I ordered a chicken dish that I have always loved and it was kind of tasteless. All in all, everything was okay, but not the quality I have found before.
- Girasole "Great"AndyVIPDined on 10/23/2013Girasole A/C is a standard bearer for excellence! A wide array of classic Italian dishes using only the freshest ingredients; a reasonable yet robust wine list, and top-notch bartenders. Specials are delectable and the fresh pasta is a can't miss for those who are tired of the "boxed and boiled." True to its name, "girasoli" captures the spirit of Tuscany with the entire restaurant artfully decorated with sunflower theme. One of the top non-hotel restuarants in the entire city.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AT GIRASOLE!!!fun2dineACVIPDined on 10/20/2013Whenever we get to AC we know where will be having a great meal. The food is always great. We especially look forward to the homemade pasta dishes and the salt encrusted fish dish. Good selection of wine to compliment the very tasty food. Service is usually good. Would definitely recommend Girasole to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected awesome little gem!friendx4Dined on 10/17/2013Unexpected awesome little gem! A great flavored, home inspired meal that is filling but so good, you still want more! From the appetizer to the entry to the magnificent dessert!! Highly recommend. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IF YOU WANT AUTHENTIC NEOPOLITANJIMMYDined on 10/8/2013IF YOU WANT AUTHENTIC NEOPOLITAN FOOD THIS IS THE PLACE. TRY THEIR PIZZA MARGHERITA, THIS IS THE WAY PIZZA IS MADE IN ITALY . THE PASTA FAGOLI WITH THE CLASSIC MIXED PASTA IS GREAT .Special Features:
- Loved itJamieKDined on 10/5/2013The decor was lovely - pretty bar and great patio where we sat. Did not see main dining area other than from a distance (we requested the patio as it looked so charming) but it looked nice too. Everything about the dinner was great from the excellent service to each course (we had appetizers, salad and two different seafood pasta entrees) and our generous drinks. Only slight flaws was that the bartenders serving us while we waited about 10 minutes for a table (we were ealy for our reservation) were a bit less than friendly. Felt a bit like they didn't want us there or they were annoyed. Seemed odd but since the rest of the experience was awesome, happy to chalk that off as hopefully just a bad moment. Overall, highly recommend Girasole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDiner08330Dined on 10/5/2013Positives: Food was very good, we were seated quickly, waiter had cool Italian accent, beautiful décor. Negatives: Tables were WAY close together- to the point I could hear the couple next to us and all about their recent vacation. When we got up to leave, I had to shimmy between 2 tables (while apologizing to the diners) The service was lousy. Long wait time for food, gave us oil for our bread- but did not offer any spices to go in it. I was never asked if I wanted fresh parm on my pasta dish, however the people next to us were offered on theirs. Oh- and I had to pour our own bottle of wine, since the waiter never came back. Price was decent, but I prob would not go back again with so many other choices in ACSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path - great findMichantDined on 10/1/2013Restaurant was recommended by someone who lives close by. Was celebrating a 50th and wanted to go somewhere other than the casino restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before casinoJoanHCDined on 9/28/2013Went there recently - having been several times before - and not disappointed. Service was excellent and food was up to the usual high standard. The Girasole Carpaccio is terrific and even the sundried tomato bread is so good to nibble at that it could be a meal in itself. Early diners are offered a fixed price menu which is really good value.fSpecial Features:
- Great Food, great menudgloDined on 9/21/2013The food is amazing here and consistent. I have been dining here for over 15 years and it is still a favorite with quality food. You cannot go wrong with ordering. I love the salmon with leeks and I started with the insalata formaggi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUst plain goodBillDined on 9/17/2013Had the pasta fagiol home made with beans excellent Enjoyed the shrimp with pasta and garlic and tomato WOW price fixed at $15 no dessert this time just happySpecial Features:
- Great authentic Italian food.miamcmuffinDined on 9/10/2013They serve dishes that you can't find at any ordinary Italian restaurant. Belissima! A little on the pricy side though. But worth an occasional splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitBackbaypakaDined on 9/2/2013Very old style, pasta was excellant with gluten free choices. Hostess was bit chilly, initially service seemed lax but quickly improved. Will return next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPateDined on 9/1/2013Food was verybvery good. The entree portions could have been a little more generous for the price you need tomorder more than one course to leave satisified and I am not a big girl I am 59 years old and a size 2. Service was very good however for the money they could have slowed down the meal a littleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2013Food was great and well worth the price! The service wasn't so great-the waiter kept disappearing. We waited half an hour to get our check and I saw him outside smoking! I would definitely go back and hope for another server.Special Features:
- atlantic city - finestburgersVIPDined on 8/30/2013If you want a great dining experience and choose not to indulge in the casino - then try Girasole. This is a great family owned restaurant. The branzino special is so tender and delicious. The fish melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed by girasoleFoodLoverDined on 8/29/2013The 2 top table I sat at with my boyfriend was perfect for our romantic dinner date. A quiet corner was perfect for intimate conversation and privacy. The wine was great and the food was delicious. Two great pasta dishes that tasted fresh and flavorful! I will definitely be returning with my boyfriend for future datesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was an issue but probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2013service was an issue but probably caused by returning students... not enough coverage....food was great
- Not pretentious by any means.sagebasilVIPDined on 8/25/2013Not pretentious by any means. No pressure of rushing our meal. Waiter was very knowledgable and we look forward to a returning very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodPhillyEaterDined on 8/20/2013This is the third time at Girasole for us. We like it so much that we keep coming back. Had the branzino for the first time, which is a signature dish. It is sea bass cooked in a salt shell which is cracked open table side and filleted. The cost is $35. It is excellent but the meal includes nothing else, just the fish. I am not sure I would order this again. I love their homemade pasta and for the price I would have preferred it. So next time I will get the ravioli verde. It is so good and the cheese is so creamy inside the ravioli. With a glass of chianti, you will think you are in Italian heaven.Special Features:
- authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013A family run and staffed establishment Warm staff- authentically Italian Food excellent- particularly the Salt encrusted BronzinoSpecial Features:
- Great specials! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2013Great specials! The service was amazing. Its a nice family owned place where they cater to your every need. Everything is homemade and made fresh daily. Great for special occasions. It is really a memorable dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girasole - The SunflowerburgersVIPDined on 8/17/2013My husband & I truly enjoy this AC favorite. Our Miami friends, former owner of multiple restaurants, joined us this weekend. They thought the atmosphere, food and service were superior to the AC Casino scene. I enjoy sharing this AC charm with non-locals, they are always pleasantly surprised. Hats off to AC and Philadelphia Girasole family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDebZuDined on 8/15/2013Thousands of dining rooms in Atlantic City...we'll return to this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Atlantic City glitz, noise,RippVIPDined on 8/14/2013No Atlantic City glitz, noise, or neon--just great food and service in a friendly atmosphere suitable for relaxed, fine dining.Special Features:
- Obnoxious patronsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2013Obnoxious patrons ruined the beginning of what would have been an otherwise enjoyable dining experience. A group of about eight were incredibly loud and piercing and were making the entire dining room uncomfortable. We asked to move to a quieter table but none were available. Staff seemed to know these people and did nothing to subdue their behavior. Fortunately they left before our entrees arrived. After that, the food and service were both very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJerseyGirlDined on 8/11/2013Girasole /AC is a neighborhood gem close enough to all the action yet not in the thick of it! Good staff, nice ambiance and super food. The homemade bread is delicious and the veal chop to die for. You gotta go!Special Features:
- Great CarpaccioBoatingFoodiesVIPDined on 8/4/2013First time at the restaurant, very glad we came. The Carpaccio was excellent. I've never been to a restaurant with that much variety of carpaccio's , what a treat! The veal Milanese was a little dry, but the overall taste was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter, Carmine, was great!ArtFVIPDined on 8/4/2013Very pleasant dinner, super and efficient friendly and professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We heard that the food wasNat1VIPDined on 8/2/2013We heard that the food was so good, but expensive. After eating there the other might, one out of the two were correct. It is very expensive, and the food was just average or below. We will not go back.
- MIA wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2013Poor service...we had a 7 pm reservation and didn't get our food until 8:45 . We constantly had to hunt down our waiter. Food was ok...have had better.
- ExcellentBarryDined on 7/27/2013My wife and I ate here for our wedding anniversary. We both agreed that it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magnificochucknkimDined on 7/26/2013To get away from the casino setting we made reservations here. great choice and I love when my dinner plate is also a piece of art. I can't tell you my favorite dish but the risotto, the tropicale salad or the Mediterranean sea bass are all in the running. we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!DawnVIPDined on 7/25/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants in Atlantic City. It's always consistent and the food fabulous. We love the bronzino, spinach ravioli's, tagliatelle bolognese, girasole carpaccio and many others to name. It's a must!!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHappydinerDined on 7/24/2013This place was very comfortable and nicely decorated. I felt welcomed from the moment I walked in the door. The wait staff was very attentive without being annoying. We chose the prix fixe menu and the salad that I had tasted so good. The dressing was amazing. I had the salmon and it was cooked to perfection. The only thing is everything is ala carte so it can be pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2013Everything was so Fresh n delicious! The owner came to check on us constantly and the water glasses were never empty!Special Features: