3108 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasoleac.com/
- Phone: 6093455554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cosimo Cassano & Rosalba Morici
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With personal attention & the finest cuisine, your party will have an experience they'll never forget. Whether in a convention group, a company party or a birthday celebration, Girasole will make your occasion extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Gino Iovino 6093455554
A word from Girasole Ristorante
Girasole brings the charm of the old world to Atlantic City. From the moment you enter this bright, airy restaurant, you are whisked away to a Mediterranean café. The aroma of handmade pasta dishes, fresh seafood & gourmet brick oven pizza fills the air. Dine in the impeccably decorated restaurant or, in the warmer months, enjoy lunch or dinner on the lush garden patio. Indulge in a specialty cocktail from the bar & enjoy hors d'oeuvres, carpaccios & much more, all in sunny ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Girasole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Girasole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (51)romantic (41)special occasion (41)notable wine list (29)good for groups (21)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- BonnieVDined on 6/26/2014The food was fantastic as it always is. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. The homemade pastas are the best! And I love that you can order half portions of the pastas so you can try them all.Special Features:
- The following 522 reviews are from the Girasole Ristorante reviews archive.
- Very disappointedste133Dined on 6/23/2014We honestly could not have been more disappointed in our experience. First, we walked in and there was nobody to greet us - we had to wander around the bar to find a waiter who gave us our choice of tables since there was literally nobody else there at our 6pm reservation time. The entire experience was awkward with the waiter and busboy not understanding English very well and barely being present. We found the menu a little confusing, but couldn't get explanations even when we asked. The waiter took our order and we did not see him again for 45 minutes when food arrived & our waiter said nothing to us. This was our 40th anniversary & we stated so on our reservation. We wanted nothing, but not once did any staff person wish us well.Special Features:
- Off the BoardwalkrobinDined on 6/15/2014This is an excellent Italian restaurant just a block off the Atlantic City boardwalk. Food was very good and pries were reasonable.
- Always a treatnoodleVIPDined on 6/14/2014Girasole remains one of my favorites in Atlantic City. The food and wine are excellent. It's vibrant and fun. Never disappoints!!
- ElvisDined on 6/14/2014Always always a hassle when u get there unorganized in getting things ready food always good service was good but don't go with a party bigger then four that's when u have some problems
- DisappointedSZL1Dined on 6/14/2014So I have been to this restaurant at least 4 times and always enjoyed it. This time the waiter would not order our appetizers until we placed our dinner order . We wanted to relax have a few drinks but that wasn't allowed. I asked to speak with the manager but he never came to the table . I ordered the veal chop and got a skinny breaded and fried cutlet with the bone for $38, really. Very disappointing meal on many levels for $400 for 2 couples.
- DO/ACallenVIPDined on 6/11/2014Wanted a restaurant in Atlantic City that was not in a hotel, not a chain, and preferably family-owned. Found it in this delightful place, with excellent food, gracious service, and a nice place to eat away from the casino tumult. Will definitely recommend to anyone going to AC and wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- NYPIDined on 6/6/2014It is a great family owned restaurant that makes you feel at home!Special Features:
- Disappointing!LLK605Dined on 5/31/2014We had been to the Girasole Ristorante in Phila and it was great! This venue was unenjoyable! Food was so-so to tasteless; Noise level was over the top: Had different waiters deliver sthe wrong food and mix up the bill. Would not return!!!Special Features:
- It was a good atmosphereAylinaDined on 5/29/2014I would definitely recommend this place and I would go back to try another dish in the future if I am in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of Atlantic CityCannoliDined on 5/24/2014I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed dinner at Girasole. Our GPS took us to the wrong address which made us 45 minutes late. We were greeted with a big smile and a warm welcome. After that it was the best martini I ever had followed by one of the best meals I ever had. If you are in Atlantic City you must have at least one meal at this lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTimLuvs2eatDined on 5/23/2014I had the ravioli and it was excellent. The chocolate mousse was very good. I'm sure everything was freshly made. Looking forward to trying other pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liked this restaurantBarbaraDined on 5/20/2014The restaurant was very pretty, it had a nice ambiance and the food was really nice. We had salad, carpaccio and a pizza. Liked it very much.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJoeMDined on 5/19/2014We enjoyed the food and service, both of which were excellent. A definite place to visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenolRavensfanDined on 5/11/2014The carpaccio was superb. The Bronzino was tener and flavorful. They offered a great prix fixe for Mother's Day, and our waiter was excellent. Top notch restaurant!Special Features:
- Non-casino fine diningArtimasDined on 5/10/2014A very nice non-casino restaurant with good ambience and food. Everything, especially the Bronzino was excellent. All members of our party enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- fabulousroseDined on 5/10/2014We went for a lovely dinner on Saturday night before mother's day. Our meal was delicious, served well, and the place is beautiful. We love going here for dinner.Special Features:
- A GempittsburghDined on 5/4/2014My sister and I love this place, and try to eat there every time we're in AC. The food is consistently fantastic as is the service. From Sunday through Thursday evening, they offer a 3-course prix fixe menu for $33, which is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much, and not enough.easyDined on 4/26/2014It started very nice 10 min. Later our waiter got a 4 top and a 2 top,she was new. That was the last I seen of her. I had to ask others to get her. Also 15 min into dinning, 25 men were seated next and around us. And yelling from one table to another. I often used the place for celabrating. special events .sorry to say I won't be going back. Someone could said something it was so Easy to see what was going on.Special Features:
- RippVIPDined on 4/18/2014Girasole is a welcome oasis featuring fine food and service in the heart of noisy and glitzy Atlantic City. Please never change!Special Features:
- Awesome !!RC12Dined on 4/16/2014Love this place.Along with everything else the homemade pasta is the bestSpecial Features:
- Very nice pre-race mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014We ate here before a race the next morning, on the earlier side. The restaurant is quite nice and is very well-decorated. It's not in the nicest part of Atlantic City, but you forget that pretty quickly once inside. The service was very friendly and attentive. Our meals came out quickly and were tasty. We both had some of the pasta made on-site. Overall, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable meal, and I would be happy to recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Delicious, great menuMarlenieGSVIPDined on 4/4/2014So many choices, I was delighted, from four different crudo appetizers, uniquely prepared as ultra thin slices of fish, beautiful, great pizzas, fantastic ribeye steak that my husband had, many homemade pastas, gnocchi and red sauce delectable, they also offer a wonderful pri fixe option until seven pm M-F for $31.00. Really worth trying if you like Italian. You can have full dinner or select from many small plate options and Italian. Everything we tried was very good. There is also a bar to order your favorite cocktails and wine and free valet parking at ocean club condos which houses the restaurant.
- I had been here before soJillDined on 3/29/2014I had been here before so when my coworkers asked if I could recommend a restaurant - I chose Girasole. They have freshly made in-house pastas which I just can't pass up. Beef and tuna Carpaccio is delicious. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. There is a wide variety of food to choose from. I've dined here with a vegetarian and a gluten free diet and they had no problems finding something they enjoyed. Next time I'm trying the salt crusted fish that they crack open tableside.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentDawnVIPDined on 3/22/2014We're regulars at Girasole. We never have a bad meal. The staff is always friendly and attentive. Every time we go we know we'll walk out satisfied. Must go to this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014The food here was delicious. We went for AC Restaurant Week and Girasole did not disappoint. The decor was pretty, interesting and comforting all at the same time. The carpaccio was especially delicious as well as the beef braciole. I will be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- BenissimoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2014been there a number of times. Each time it was great. This time was no exception.Special Features:
- wonderfulannetteDined on 3/8/2014I have been there several times, I brought 3 new friends there on Saturday night. They were so very impressed with the quality of food & service, and the fact that it's family owned & operated, also it's beautiful. GREAT place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girasole restaurant weekPhilaTheaterGoerDined on 3/8/2014Tried restaurant during restaurant week because menu sounded good. Pros: Extensive menu for restaurant week. Great ambience. There was a room set up for a private party that was visible and it looked beautiful - definitely something I would consider for a shower, rehearsal dinner,etc.. Eggplant-zuccini appetizer and veal parm were delicious and good size portions COns: Disliked both desserts. Veal parmigiana didn't come iwth a side. Salmon was just fair. Person who ordered the tuna appetizer didn't like it. Tuna slices were so thin they were translucent and he didn't see them at first & thought he was served the wrong appetizer 5) weren't asked if we wanted coffee/tea. Overall, this wasn't one of our better restaurant experiencesSpecial Features:
- Food was terrific!!ita450Dined on 3/7/2014EVerything was feshly made with true authenic italian flavors. There aren"t many italiam restaurants I would recomment, because they never live up to my ialian family expectations, but the food here was excellent. Our family is looking forward to going there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Palate Delight!HoneyBeeDined on 3/7/2014Food is never disappointing! Delicious …Delicious real Italian Food Salads are great too. Love the outside tall fire pits and the bold yellow and black decor. Desserts could be a little more interesting. There is no view other than the inside restaurant design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for restaurant weekTuckerDined on 3/6/2014We went for restaurant week and selected this restaurant because of the varied selection and having had a good dining experience in the past. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable and the food was excellent. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European GemGerrieDined on 3/6/2014Like being back in Italy with their homemade pasta.Special Features:
- Food with FlairgolfshopDined on 3/6/2014The food is always excellent with wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!BarbDined on 3/4/2014My husband said it was the most enjoyable dinner out he can remember in a long time. Everything was perfect! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014restaurant week menu, selections were nice, food tasty, portions varied, sizes for seafood were tapas sized, veal parm huge cream puff dessert (prolifetores) fair to poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok at bestlauraDined on 3/2/2014The great thing about restaurant week is that you can get a feel for a new restaurant and try it without breaking the bank. The food at Girasole was prepared well, however our server was not very knowledge and didn't communicate well. Our entrees did not come with any side dishes and our server did not inform us of that detail. We were offered coffee after our desert plates were cleared. I was not offered a second glass of wine. However my dining partner who was drinking soda was offered several refills and we were charged for each. Not cool. The tables are also very close together. When the server was talking to the table next to us, it was very uncomfortable because his rear was right over our table.I don't think we will be going back.
- Girasole has never been disappointiFrankBrigantineDined on 3/2/2014Girasole has never been disappointing. Always great food, service and ambiance. Plus absolutely the best pomegranate martinis!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got in Off-SeasonKathyDined on 3/1/2014We've been trying to eat here since last summer when we usually are in the area. Thankfully, we were able to get a reservation this past Saturday. We had a new waitress, with an accent, a little difficult to understand. We ordered cocktails, they did not have what my husband asked for "Jack Daniels Honey", and I asked for a lemon drop martini. My drink was simply a chilled and poured "lemon flavored vodka", not like I've had anywhere else. The meal was excellent, my husband had a wonderful meat sauce served over polenta (sausage, bracciole, meatball) and it was extremely well done. I had osso bucco and it too was excellent, as were the salads and the octopus carpaccio. Overall we would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentKarenVIPDined on 2/24/2014I have been to Girasole many times, and I have never been disappointed. From their creative, fresh cocktails to the wonderful home-made Italian food, dining here is always a pleasure. One of my favorite appetizers of all time is Carpaccio Girasole. It's an amazing blend of warm, rare filet topped with artichoke, asparagus, shaved parmesan and truffle oil. The flavor combination is outstanding; I could eat only this and be satiated! The fresh pastas, risottos, meats and seafood are all noteworthy. Everything is top quality and authentic. This family-owned establishment is the closest you'll get to Italy in Atlantic City!Special Features: