Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
6825-K Redmond Dr
McLean, VA 22101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caprimcleanva.com/
- Phone: 7032884601
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beatriz Zelaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
Come and enjoy the finest Italian Restaurant in McLean. We serve only the freshest and most authentic Italian cuisine in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (27)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (12)romantic (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2014We had not been to the Capri in years. We found the food quality very good - the canelloni and beef medallions. Wine list was also good, not overpriced. Service was a little spotty. It was a Friday night and they were very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/13/2014A fabulous neighborhood restaurant that serves excellent Italian food. Our only problem is that we would be there every night if we could. The wait staff is outstanding and always accommodating no matter what the request. In fact, they prepared two of their meals for me to serve at my Christmas dinner and there was not one leftover. We love this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the best restaurant in McLeanCaptODined on 1/10/2014A very good Italian restaurant that has excellent seafood. Service is quite good. If you live in McLean, you should definitely give this restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New years' eveBowlingmomDined on 12/31/2013We picked this restaurant as a last minute dining experience. When we arrived our table was not available and we had to wait about 20 minutes. We knew it was New Year's Eve and there were a lot of people dining. We did not receive our dinner for about an hour after we we seated. It was almost 10 o'clock by then. The food was very good and we would like to go again, but we hope that the service would be better. Everyone was pleasant, but I think they were overwhelmed with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have always had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013we have always had a good meal and good service at Capri. Calamari Fritti grease free and hot and tasty. I've had pasta, fish and veal dishes. Veal picatta is quite tender; fish is fresh and not over-cooked. Staff is usually very attentive. Some waiters have been there for yrs and have 'regular' customers. Casual dress makes all feel welcome. A good meeting place with no hassle parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss this One!DeeLEEDined on 12/30/2013First time for us. Wonderful full and diverse multi-page menu (can also see it at their online website), including a full page of specials for the day. Atmosphere is relaxed, comfortable, lighting easy for reading the menu, no noise = no problems! Welcoming, drinks, and wait staff friendly, helpful, professional. Drinks & food served promptly (allowing for you know - cooking and mixing drinks, etc). Food hot/cold appropriately. Presentation of food and drinks is very nice. Bill very detailed. We will be back! This is a restaurant located within an area where there are many stores, etc. in the heart of McLean. It is on the second floor, but there is immediate access to an escalator and elevator, with no issues. Plenty of free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2013One of my favorite places to take friends and customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodrestaurantluvDined on 12/24/2013The food was DELICIOUS. I was hesitant at first. I've never heard of the place but when I got there the restaurant was vibrant. The menu selection was wonderful and the taste and quality was great. I will definitely come here again with friends and family. The only thing that could have beeen better is the noise level but that won't stop me from coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve Dinner was SuperbMikeVIPDined on 12/24/2013Our family (three of us) went to Capri for Christmas Eve dinner and it was outstanding in all respects. The table was well situated, the wait staff attentive, the choices excellent and the quality of the cuisine perfect. We had the Bronzino, which they de boned and it was sufficient for us to share. We also had the beef tenderloin and asked for it to be prepared without gorgonzola cheese, which they accommodated. We had the pumpkin soup which was marvelous, tangy yet sweet. Salads were good and the dessert, cappuccino tartufo, was really delicious. The meal was perfect in all respects. We have dined at Capri many times over the years and look forward to the next occasion to have another excellent and enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Capri was a great find. WedunnsoffcVIPDined on 12/20/2013Capri was a great find. We enjoyed the pasta dishes enormously. The wine was exquisite and the service was great. We'll return often because Capri is located in my neighborhood. I would give it 41/2 stars but OT doesn't have half stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EnoughBragioliDined on 12/20/2013We were looking for a nice place for our Dept Christmas lunch ... they did a great job with the calamari but I had the fish of the day in a butter caper sauce ... the fish itself was cooked perfectly but the breading on the fish was soggy and greasy. Service started out poorly but they quickly recovered. The canolis for dessert were great with a VERY generous amount of filling (the best part). If I happened to be in the area, I'd go again but I wouldn't make a special trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food...wonderful serviceCorbinVIPDined on 12/17/2013The only thing missing....need a more exciting mixed drink menu and broader wine selection. We love it anyway!Special Features:
- Italian Gourmet RestaurantStevethePoetDined on 12/16/2013We go back again and again to the Capri. The service is excellent, the food high class Italian. For dessert, the Tiramisu is one of a kind, we've never had better. I like the veal piccata, and the fish dishes are beautifully prepared. A good wine list, fresh cappuccino. Altogether a special occasion. Oh, and for a birthday, there is a song and a special dessert with candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningLewisVIPDined on 12/8/2013The weather was bad outside, but inside everything was good! Food was perfect, ambiance just right. We had our two grandchildren (ages 4 and 7) with us for a special occasion and we were delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood stalwartFoodiedocVIPDined on 11/30/2013There's a reason Capri has been in McLean for as long as it has. The room is comfortable. The service is warm, professional and efficient. There's a full bar and a serviceable wine list. The food is fresh, authentic and well prepared. Middle of the week, date night, birthday or anniversary, it's a go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good experiencePinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 11/23/2013Our food was really ggod. Veal parmiganio and a pasta special. Salads very good too. It was busy and our server was stretched but still all worked out. Will return for sureSpecial Features:
- Delicioso ItalianoCitiFoodieDined on 11/21/2013I had lunch with clients here and we all really enjoyed it. This was my first time dining at this restaurant and I had the Arugula salad to start and the Linguine "Steve Yeonas" which were both fresh and well-prepared. For dessert, I ordered the profiteroles and they were fabulous as well. I would recommend dining here and would return to try more menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013We sat near a large group. The acoustics were not good...hard to hear ourselves. But the food was very good.Special Features:
- dependablechesapeakeDined on 11/15/2013It was only my second time eating here but it wasn't a disappointment and although I'm not that excited about driving to a shopping mall, its an easy drive from DC and the food is excellent and the ambience is warm and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The squash soup was excellent.LoLa67dinesDined on 11/1/2013The squash soup was excellent. My husband's pasta seafood with lobster was disappointing. There was very little lobster. My seafood dish with a crab stuffing underneath was good, but my fish was over cooked and was not as light and flaky as it could have been. Service was very attentive and appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great experienceangiedDined on 10/26/2013We were looking for a family-friendly Italian restaurant and Capri exceeded our expectations! We originally had our hearts set on Maggianos but they were unable to accommodate our party of 8; 5 adults and 3 kids (5, 7 & 9). The restaurant had a great vibe and the atmosphere was perfect. It was authentic Italian with an amazing menu for kids and adults. We were all blown away by our entrees, the service and the desserts made the evening special. The owner was so appreciative of our visit that he opened the door for us and sincerely thanked us for coming in. The restaurant was in full swing when we left around 8:30 with a high energy level. I would definitely go back and can confidently say our entire group enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner, great serviceMichelleDined on 10/19/2013I love the veal here, VERY reasonably priced and well cooked/served. The roasted potatoes are awesome as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodTony1947Dined on 9/28/2013We had some friends visiting from out of town who are Italian food lovers so we decided to try some place new. I received an email from Open Table regarding neighborhood gems and Caprice Ristorante Italiano was in the top five so we decided to try it. The restaurant is nicely decorated, white table clothes and nicely spaced tables and was very clean looking. Each of the four attendees ordered something different; spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli stuffed with veal and mozzarella, capellini primavera, and one of the specials of pasta with shrimp and eggplant. All of us thought our food was just excellent. We look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great undiscovered findDSM1Dined on 9/25/2013This is one of the best restaurants in the Washington D.C area. As far as the Mclean, Va. area, this is the best without a doubt. The food leans slightly toward southern Italian and it is prepared perfectly. The ambience is very nice and the service is always great. Prices are moderate, so all in all this is really a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at the TableSWISDined on 9/21/2013A very fine meal, in a fine atmosphere at a fine price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMelissaDined on 9/17/2013What a great find! I had a business meeting/lunch and decided to have it there as it located close to my clients office - what a fantastic place. The coho salmon was exquisite - and the tiramisu was to die for. The service was caring and expedient but not intrusive - I WILL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy a pleasant meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/14/2013The service was very good and the food was great. Seemed to be the kind of neighborhood place where locals meet and eat with each other.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemnovadinerDined on 9/1/2013Always a delicious meal in a beautiful atmosphere. The fish and pasta dishes are excellent and the wine selections are great for pairing with the specials.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013First, I handed my computer-generated report to the greeter in anticipation of points reward, but he said it wasn't needed. Second, the service was a bit rushed/aggressive, as previously noted. Third, I ordered from the Restaurant Week offerings, and my chicken breast with asparagus, prosciutto, and fontina was overcooked and dry, more like re-heated. The vegetables were undercooked, nearly raw, and tough. The fennel salad was ok, nothing special, and likewise the dessert fruit. On the good news side, my 2 dinner guests both enjoyed their pasta dishes. I feel that the quality of the kitchen has deteriorated under the current ownership, and the servers still need to work on timing their approaches to their tables.
- wonderfuljmpvanDined on 8/23/2013This place was the best! Amazingly authentic food. Phenomenal service. A perfect restaurant. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueCorbinVIPDined on 8/17/2013The food is excellent and the price is moderate. Portions are ample. Menu is varied. The staff is attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away!CliffwoodTravelerDined on 7/27/2013The experience here was so bad, we came away wondering how anyone can keep a business going with this type of service. We travel and dine out frequently. This format doesn't allow for a complete explanation, but suffice it to say that the kitchen cannot turn out food in a timely manner. We were brought the wrong food, prepared the wrong way after waiting quite a while. We ended up leaving without dinner AND we missed the show we'd come to the area to see! Never again.
- DisappointedmusselluvDined on 7/26/2013We hadn't been to Capri in several years and were disappointed with the current food preparation. The seafood pasta dishes were OK but not great and the lobster crab ravioli was too salty and not flavorful. We did not feel it was a particularly good value for the money. However, the service was very good and that certainly enhanced the experience.
- If they know you, you're familyWeEatOutVIPDined on 7/23/2013Don't know how else to describe the pulse here; I love coming for the grilled whole Branzino. Sometimes you need to make your needs known and I'm ok with that. If you're willing to advocate, you'll be very happy. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONLY ONE BAD EXPERIENCEMcLeanEaterDined on 7/19/2013Have been going here for ages .... for their *to die for* mussels. Always with wonderful sauce, tender and well presented. This particular time the mussels were awful ~ like they had been steamed the night before (or were beyond their use by date) and then someone threw a can of lukewarm Campbell's tomato soup over them. Won't be trying that again! On the other hand, I've always been more than satisfied here and on this occasion my husband reports that his lunch (crab gazpacho and tilapia) was excellent. Service was efficient if not especially friendly or attentive ~ it was hard to get someone's attention when we needed something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal - lovely eveningDebEVIPDined on 7/13/2013Wonderful for served in a quiet setting. Great wine recommendation from server. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than I rememberflevyVIPDined on 7/13/2013Had not eaten at Capri in years (for a reason). Was pleasantly surprised. Food was good and service was attentive. Would go back now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- )HER GREAT MEAL!McLeanEaterDined on 6/16/2013Service was a little slow this time .... but satisfactory. Food was excellent and well-presented (except for 1 plate ... could have used a garnish or something to make it more appealling ~ salmon with a side of pasta). Overall, I'm never disappointed here.Special Features:
- Outstanding servicesommelierDined on 5/30/2013Food was good. A party of four, we all had vitello, one kind or the other, and were all very happy with our choices. At reservation, I had notified them that we were celebrating a birthday. They acknowledged this with their cake and candle, and it was not just any ordinary birthday cake to serve as a stand for the candle --one of the best I had over the years. The service was outsanding. Felipe who took care of us was attentive to details, knowledgable about wine, professional and courteous. Grazie Capri e grazie Felipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice eveningFallsChurchDined on 5/26/2013Capri is a lovely local restaurant with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.