517 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://emmgrp.com/restaurants/lexington-brass/
- Phone: 2123925976x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 11:30AM
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM to 3:00PM
Bar Menu: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00PM to 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Leahy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: For special events please call 212-392-5976
- Cross Street: 48th Street
- Public Transit: Subway:;
E, M or 6 at 53rd Street Station, walk south on Lexington Avenue to 48th Street.;
F at Rockefeller Center, walk east on 48th Street to Lexington Avenue.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 48th Street Between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Located on the south side of the street.
A word from Lexington Brass
Manhattan sophistication meets comfort at Lexington Brass, a 110-seat neighborhood eatery located on the ground level of the luxury Hersha Group hotel, Hyatt 48Lex. A fresh, locally sourced menu by Executive Chef Chris Leahy features traditional American cuisine, while the social setting, sensible prices and gracious service foster a sense of familiarity among patrons, making Lexington Brass both a Midtown destination and a neighborhood staple.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lexington Brass reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (52)great for brunch (49)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (34)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (17)special occasion (13)late-night find (12)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Loved itFoodluverDined on 5/10/2014I came in town from GA and met a friend here for Brunch since it was close to my hotel. The food was amazing. I had the Egg White Omelet with mushrooms and goat cheese. The omelet came with a side salad of field greens and wheat or white toast. Everything was delicious! Our server was amazing! She let us sit and occupy our table for 2.5 hours and never rushed us or complained. She was great! I don't remember her name but she had red hair and glasses :-) I would definitely go back. The pancakes looked really good!Special Features:
- Great brunch spot in MidtowncitiladiVIPDined on 5/4/2014The food and service in this place were great. My friend and I ordered Bloody Marys, and thought they lacked a kick. We just mentioned it to the server and lo and behold, a few minutes later we had seconds that were definitely an improvement....the food was good and nicely presented, the menu small but plenty of choices for everyone. The noise level as in many places was loud, but at least we enjoyed our brunch and drinks....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Brunch in Mid TownOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2014This is a very Solid and good food experience for Brunch. Their Claim to amazing fries is greatly over stated but food was goodSpecial Features:
- satisfiedEpicEliDined on 5/2/2014i loved the staff and managers attitude, too many drinks although the Food was divineee , Deff left with an overall amazing fun experiencee and i would defiently go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRudeboyDined on 5/2/2014I have been to Lexington Brass multiple times and the food has always been great. The service there is superb as well!Special Features:
- Great lunch spotptara7Dined on 5/2/2014Everything was great! Love the chicken burger. The steak sandwich is excellent. Truffle fries...oh my! Only tip - SKIP the mac n cheese.Special Features:
- NotGoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Tables were crowded -- felt like I was sitting on the lap of the person next to me. Tuna tacos were a tasty appetizer, but main course of spicy lobster in pasta was awful!!
- FoodiethatlikesamealDined on 4/28/2014Great breakfast place. And I'd had dinner here too but today was first lunch. Tiny portions of pretty good food. And I mean tiny. I snacked all afternoon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Good But...DiningAroundTownDined on 4/27/2014We were seated right away with our reservation which was great and they accommodated our stroller. They were a bit slow getting the food to us and the "raw tower" which was really just a plate was totally overpriced for the sparse amount of food. I've been to other restaurants in midtown that definitely gave a better deal on that so I really don't recommend it for the price. Definitely stingy. The other portions were fine and pricing was comparable to other restaurants like this.Special Features:
- The brunch bargain of the century!!DeliciousnessVIPDined on 4/27/2014We were staying at the W on Lex last weekend and I had heard about Lexington Brass's "tasting brunch". Being a foodie we had to try it. OMG! for four of us we got 4 courses (all delicious), and order of truffle Fries (yum!) and I bottle of champagne complete with anything you would need to make your own Bellini! $55 for 2 people, $90 for four. It was fun, delicious and very different. It was like having a mini buffet come to you table. THey dont include coffee however so at $5 a cup tack on a bit extra but overall totally worth it! Unstuffy, fun and a real find. NOTE: Make your reservations after 12pm as they can only include the champagne after that time of day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy lunch spotJC1919Dined on 4/23/2014Overall, Lexington Brass was fine. I would come here again with friends for lunch, but I was there for a business lunch and would not do that again. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for our table even though we'd made a reservation, and the front area was VERY crowded and very loud. Once we were sitting everything was fine - service was great (and fast since by the time we sat we were kind of in a rush), and the food was very good. Again, overall this was great, I just didn't realize how busy/loud it would be as I had never been there before. Next time I will go off main lunch hours if it's for work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Took way too long to turn tables for a lunch reservation.Special Features:
- Overbooked and slowStillhungrypatronDined on 4/23/2014I have been to this restaurant for lunch on more than one occasion and it has progressively gone downhill. They overbook thru opentable and cannot accommodate the guests. If you are on a tight schedule, do not go here. The kitchen and staff are perfectly nice but the food is nothing to write home about either. While the menu is quite nice, the food is not. I ordered a kale salad with chicken and it tasted like a jar of perfume. The kale was bitter and the dressing was the wrong preparation for the greens. I then ordered a different salad in its place and that too was rather disappointing, tasteless and bland. I would not recommend going to this restaurant for anything other than a cocktail perhaps.Special Features:
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 4/23/2014Food is good but service always seems a little cold. Good breakfastSpecial Features:
- Big DisappointmentbigyumDined on 4/20/2014Thought because it's a sister restaurant to Catch that the food would be great. But very disappointed as the food was unremarkable. Service was also poor - the server was almost rude and was inattentive.
- It was GreatBirthdayGirlDined on 4/20/2014The food was great and the atmosphere was exactly what I expected. I have to say that although the day didn't go exactly as planned because we had a long wait and a few mishaps, the staff more than made up for it!Special Features:
- Don't bother making a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Made a reservation for Easter Brunch for six people. Ended up only being a party of four and STILL waited 45+ minutes past our reservation time to be seated. The place was packed with all the people waiting and the hostess that offered us drinks as consolation was rude and never came through with the drinks. They also proceeded to blame open table when clearly they had just overbooked. Service only gets a second star because the waitor was pleasant.
- Fantastic food and service.EllenDined on 4/20/2014We had a problem initially with service. The restaurant was overbooked and moved very slow. It took 10 minutes to get some water and another 10 to get a Mimosa ordered. We did finally talk to the manager Ken and he saved the day. It is always so impressive if a manager sees the staff is overwhelmed and has no problem jumping in to help. Ken went out of his way to make certain we were well taken care of and very apologetic for the slow service in the beginning. We definitely recommend this restaurant. The food is always so delicious. Out of our party of four, two had the fried chicken and waffles, one the eggs Benedict and one the kale salad.Special Features:
- Lexington BrasshenryDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter morning. The menu was sparse and the food very below average.
- Great brunch spot close to trainJrw1984Dined on 4/19/2014We decided to try Lex Brass after a Zagat review rated it one of the best deals for brunch in the city. The service was good, the food (chicken and waffles, chicken sausage, beer waffles and truffle fries) was tasty and just the right portions were served so we didn't leave feeling gross. The make-you-own bloody mary was a nice surprise and it was fun to fill out the card and personalize it. My only two concerns were that the tables were too close together (I don't want to eat in someone else's lap!) and the bathrooms were in the basement of the hotel that's adjacent to the restaurant, so you had to go to the lobby, down an elevator and through a hallway to get to them. But more positives than negatives so I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- AgentVIPDined on 4/15/2014Service was poor. Very nice but not attentative. Order was incorrect, no follow up....
- amazing dealtryingoutnycVIPDined on 4/13/2014my boyfriend and i got the brunch for 2...at $55 total, it was a total steal!! the brunch comes with a bottle of champagne and mixers, french toast, belgian waffles, frittata and eggs bennie, and it was all very good. it also comes with truffle fries, which were tasty but had a bit too much truffle oil. the service was great, the food was wonderful, and the overall ambience, while not cozy, is very comfortable and very steorotypical "brunch-y." the food wasn't the best brunch food that i've ever had, but as an overall brunch experience, it was one of the better ones that i've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate spot for a bite to eatFoodie4FunDined on 4/13/2014We googled restaurants for brunch within walking distance of our hotel. This restaurant got mostly good reviews, the menu posted online looked fine, and the prices seemed reasonable and so we reserved a table and headed out a while later. Our server was attentive and friendly. The food was good enough but nothing memorable. Comparing brunch prices we found for other restaurants in the area, the meals seemed fairly priced. We left feeling satisfied, but we agreed that we would not make a special effort to return, with so many other opportunities in Manhattan.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchGillianDined on 4/12/2014The chef's tasting brunch is terrific. Will always go back. Can get crowded ... always make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is bright. FoodLRC43Dined on 4/8/2014Restaurant is bright. Food and service decent. Tables are very close together, you hear everyone's conversation.Special Features:
- Brunch was deliciousMariaMDined on 4/6/2014Lots of different favors - well done! Great idea for a Sunday get together- our friends loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for breakfasthsimpDined on 4/6/2014Great little spot for a breakfast that has some intriguing healthy options (egg white omelet & baked avocado) as well as some treats for those not counting calories. Very clean and the staff was friendly. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!jcmeatloverVIPDined on 4/5/2014Gotta check out the brunch deal! Seriously a great bargain. will be back! :)Special Features:
- My reviewPhilDined on 3/30/2014Poor menu was short and repetitive. Lunch choices were just three salads and a couple of burgers. Food average. Service lethargic.Temperature cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Excellent food, impeccable service, and a fun / energetic scene. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect "little spot"KentDined on 3/28/2014I usually go here for business lunches and once i went after hours. It's always been great. The food is good, the staff is polite and attentive. I've always had good experiences here.Special Features:
- The duck was a great dishNYCsocialbutterflyDined on 3/27/2014The duck was a great dish and there was very good service. There were a couple of wine options that were not available that night which was disappointing but not deal-breaking; the host followed up with great alternative suggestions.Special Features:
- Just fair performanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/16/2014Waited for 20 min despite reservation. Food was just ok and servers were more focused taking to each other than making sure that guests were happy
- Tasting MenuZachDined on 3/16/2014Tasting menu for brunch was on point, huge portions we had to take some home! Definitely will be coming back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trifectaLMB02Dined on 3/15/2014Yummy food, attentive staff, cheery space - a trifectaSpecial Features:
- LADIES LUNCHlivtoeatVIPDined on 3/12/2014Lexington Brass was very large and very cool. The wait staff were friendly and very helpful with the menu choices. Our waitress recommend the pot of Mussels as well as the artichoke salad which were both delicious. In addition, we added the truffle fries and mac and cheese. The entire meal was great. I took my friend there for her bday lunch and although it was bustling with local lunch hour crowd, the food stood on its own. The sauvignon blanc was also very good, light crisp and cold. Our only disappointment was that it was a little loud for a girls bday lunch. Hard to hear conversation at out table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conference SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014My choice for conference breakfast meetings around the Waldorf!
- Service is Non-ExistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/10/2014After an awful experience the first time at Lexington Brass, I returned after several months to give it another shot. I thought that the service kinks would have been worked out by now, but things have actually gotten even worse. It took about 10mins of being ignored before we even got someone to give us menus and ask for coffee orders. Then, when our food came out, we had regular egg omeletes when all three of us all explicitly ordered eggwhite omelets. When we sent the food back, we got the eggwhite omeletes, but the ingredients inside each omelete were wrong i.e. one omelete had goat cheese in it, but none of us even ordered any type of cheese in any of the omelets. In the end, the service stunk and the food was wrong.
- Great Brunch!InthebizDined on 3/9/2014With lots of options here in the city, a friend who is a local recommended this restaurant. Bloody Mary's were great. Chicken and waffles a must! Lexington Brass did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brass Restaurant is FANTASTIC!FoulanguageVIPDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant I love because of the atmosphere on Sunday Morning Brunch. the food is excellent and the bloody mary buffet is incredible. the shell fish are great as well. A+Special Features: