517 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://emmgrp.com/restaurants/lexington-brass/
- Phone: 2123925976x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 11:30AM
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM to 3:00PM
Bar Menu: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00PM to 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Leahy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: For special events please call 212-392-5976
- Cross Street: 48th Street
- Public Transit: Subway:;
E, M or 6 at 53rd Street Station, walk south on Lexington Avenue to 48th Street.;
F at Rockefeller Center, walk east on 48th Street to Lexington Avenue.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 48th Street Between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Located on the south side of the street.
A word from Lexington Brass
Manhattan sophistication meets comfort at Lexington Brass, a 110-seat neighborhood eatery located on the ground level of the luxury Hersha Group hotel, Hyatt 48Lex. A fresh, locally sourced menu by Executive Chef Chris Leahy features traditional American cuisine, while the social setting, sensible prices and gracious service foster a sense of familiarity among patrons, making Lexington Brass both a Midtown destination and a neighborhood staple.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lexington Brass reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (52)great for brunch (50)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (35)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (17)special occasion (15)late-night find (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (7)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SpoonDined on 7/26/2014This Resturant was teribble.It is definitely not worth the price.Food came out cold.My hus ordered a Glenlivits scotch and they gave him something different.I FIRST SAW this Resturant I think on Kathy lee& Hoda or Rosanna& Greg on Channel 5.Thougt it look so shick & food seems good.But unfortunately for. Them I was so disappointed.I have been to many Resturants in the city.This is by far my 1st horrible experience I had @ a Resturant.Will never go back or recommend.Not wort the price @ all. Rate it a zero.Special Features:
- Breakfast gemFoodieDined on 7/24/2014Amazing and centrally located. Seemed to be slightly low on staff so everything took a bit longer but the waitress we did have was polite, pleasant, and very nice. Even though she seemed to be helping half the restaurant she was still very nice and did her best. Brass ale waffles were out of this world delicious. Decor is gorgeous and everything is clean. Definitely a must or breakfastSpecial Features:
- SonyaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Service was horrible. We were a party of 5 and two people ordered the 4 course prix frixe. Usually it is timed so that the 3rd course and 4th course are brought out with the rest of the tables food but everything was brought out except the first course of the tasting menu so the entire table was finished with their meals before we received the first course. Every time we asked the waitress a question, she said that she was swamped and would get to us soon. I don't know her name but she was a redhead, BE WARE if you get her. Food was good as usual but she ruined the experience. I had two friends in town from Miami and had been raving about this place so I was embarrassed.Special Features:
- Busy night !AussieDined on 7/18/2014Returned to the Lexington Brass after 2 years. Food , service and bar are still great but we rally came back for the cocktails that used to be sensational , now they are just average and yes the bar staff admitted yes we used to do that but now we don't. Nice experience but missed the drinks ... And even though we joked that we'd come back from Australia just for a drink ... That wax the truth ! Our server was terrific and arranged something special that was not on the menu ! Great work and well done.Special Features:
- Bring your earplugsNewinthehoodDined on 7/16/2014This is a great place with friendly and expert service except for the noise level. It is a popular bar scene but there are no tables far enough removed from the noise to allow for a decent conversation. The food was excellent and prices are pretty average for NYC. We'd love to go back but probably won't due to the noise.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Waffles are AmazingLoriFromReadingDined on 7/13/2014We decided to go to Lexington Brass because we read they had gluten free waffles and we were not disappointed. One of our group had the pumpkin spice waffle which was gluten free, another had the beer battered waffle. Both were super crispy and covered with berries. They were served with a cinnamon butter that was sweet and delicious. There wasn't even a need for the small cup of syrup. The wait staff was very nice and friendly. We would recommend breakfast here, especially to those needing gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent midtown lunch, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Food was pretty good but not cheap, portions were fair, service was slow. Been there 4 times and had 2 good experiences and 2 average/bad experiences. I'm pretty sure you will get an overcharged, decent lunch but service and timing ranged from good to less than average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeBethyVIPDined on 7/6/2014I was very pleased to find a good fairly priced restaurant in that high priced neighborhood. My freind form out of town cleaned their plates.Special Features:
- Amazing time for everyone involved!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, great service! amazing time! Everyone enjoyed their food and the wait staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Showed up an hour late with a group of six and they accomodated us despite having a packed restaurant.Special Features:
- birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014excellent find for a birthday brunch/dinner-great specials on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchMaineVIPDined on 6/29/2014The Brunch is very good. Went with a group of friends on a Sunday ad we enjoyed the champagne brunch. Service and food quality were top notch. Also try building your own Bloody mary it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!Ryan86VIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was delicious and it was a great spot to grab brunch!Special Features:
- Cool placearniDined on 6/26/2014Been here for lunch a couple of times. Good both for business and dating.Special Features:
- Solid 3 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014I use this restaurant for casual business lunches regularly. The food is never going to blow you away, but I have never really had any complaints and the service has always been good and quick.
- Great brunch menuNYCFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014I was looking for a good brunch spot near Grand Central to meet some friends who dropped into the city from Westchester, and Lexington Brass fit the bill. The food was very good for brunch, and reasonably priced. Fried chicken and waffles were ridiculous. Service was on the slow side and a bit unattentative, but overall decent. I'd definitely return if looking a brunch spot in the area, and would consider dinner too.Special Features:
- The following 334 reviews are from the Lexington Brass reviews archive.
- DisappointedflatironeaterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Catch and The General are two of my favorite restaurants and I expected similar excellence at Lexington Brass. I was extremely disappointed - while the restaurant is very cute and has a great bar, it took about 15 minutes before someone even brought us water, the burger I asked for medium rare was raw in the middle and a request for fries (that originally were asked for when we placed our order) took about 10 minutes. The saving grace was our waiter, who, once he showed up, was really nice and helpful, but I would not return to Lexington Brass.
- Good for VegetatariansbrunhildeVIPDined on 6/20/2014Interesting gluton free choices including kale ravioli with mushrooms on the side. My neice in from CA was impressed with the open view provided with the windowed exterior. Can be noisy but not uncomfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished Brass, Not!NYCBrassVIPDined on 6/19/2014Bacon was burnt beyond recognition, oatmeal was horrible, waffle maker was broken (boo hoo), and the service was no existent. I want be returning.
- Doesn't understand reservationsHungryJacquiVIPDined on 6/17/2014I've had lunch here for the first time in a couple of years. Recently I made a reservation because I remembered having a decent meal here and couldn't recall why I don't eat there more often. Now I remember: even with a reservation, you're looking at a 15 minute wait for a table. Kind of defeats the purpose of a reservation if you spend that much of your lunch just waiting for a table, especially during the work week. The food is good, but the lax attitude towards reservations is reason enough not to go back.
- No complaintsQuirky2dineDined on 6/15/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Good food and ambiance. Was a bit turned off by the music. Too loud and did not care for the music played. Maybe because I'm a senior. Overall a pleasant dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchEmilyJHVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were staying at The Lexington across the street and looking for a good brunch before catching our train home. Hard to find places in NYC that serve brunch before 11, but this place did and it was great! I had a delicious baked egg, blue crab, and avocado dish that was tasty and not too heavy. My husband had the steak and eggs and enjoyed it. We've been here for lunch too when staying in that area and it was also very good.Special Features:
- Good Food Nice Place No Bathroom...JmwpVIPDined on 6/12/2014I love the food and feel at Lexington Brass. The only issue is a lack of bathroom in the restaurant. You have to go through an attached hotel. It's a bit weird.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/9/2014Been here many times . This was terrible on every count.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2014Terrible service this particular Sunday night. Forgot to put in our asparagus order, there was a dead fly on the water refiller, and they poured jack Daniels instead or Johnny black and wouldn't even admit to it. One of the waiters was not even apologetic and continued to show attitude. Apparently one of the other waiters notified the manager, but nothing was done. We did not receive any comp dishes or drinks. No water refill the whole time. We left without leaving a tip because no one deserved it.
- BrunchLiveToEatDined on 6/8/2014Great food.. a little pricy but its the city and the bill it what I expected... drinks specials are good!... overall I recommend goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!Lelet101Dined on 6/7/2014The baked egg, blue crab & avocado is PHENOMENAL!!!Special Features:
- Lexington BrassLEGDiningVIPDined on 6/1/2014The food was good, the decor inviting. A lovely brunch experience.Special Features:
- Great lunch!KBNYC1981VIPDined on 5/28/2014Had the lobster cob salad today and it was probably one of the best cob salads I've ever had.Special Features:
- Pathetic Service.SandyDined on 5/24/2014I am a frequent diner at this establishment. However, this past Saturday, the service was EXTREMELY poor: 1. Our order took 45 minutes to arrive. 2. The food wasn't hot. 3. Our waitress never came to check on us. We had to ask another waiter why our food hadn't arrived yet. 4. We also asked another waiter to refill our glasses with water. 5. I was given a dessert fork for my main course and had to ask a different waiter to change it. Overall, the service and food that did not reflect the quality of the establishment. We were given a 15% discount for the delay, but there was no apology from the manager. My experience here was rather dismal on my last two visits. Management must be slacking in terms of customer service training.
- Awesome lunch experienceGilbertKCDined on 5/23/2014This is a very upscale Resturant for lunch & dinner with great food and dinner 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!CaitNYCDined on 5/21/2014Really enjoyed my lunch here - brought 2 clients and the food was excellent! Drinks were great as well and the waiter was very informative and helpful. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Super affordable boozy brunchtravelforbusinesDined on 5/18/2014Lexington Brass' sampler brunch menu cannot be beat. For two people, you get four dishes to share (ours had three savory and then one sweet) with PLENTY of food for two people, and also includes a bottle of champagne and OJ / fruit mixers. All that for only $55 for two people. $55 TOTAL, not each!! Fantastic food for an unbeatable price. Definitely will be back. Oh and their french press is fantastic.Special Features:
- Portion SizekalikatDined on 5/18/2014Food was very good but small portion size of waffles. The waitress was very good.
- perfectleonaandgaetanoDined on 5/18/2014It was our first brunch in New York and we really enjoy it! Thanx!Special Features:
- Nice BrunchPochieDined on 5/17/2014I met a friend at the Lexington Brass for brunch. The Benedict Royale was really good, and our server was really friendly. The size was proportionate. The coffee could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Bad Service703dinersVIPDined on 5/17/2014On a quiet slow Saturday morning - we waiting a long time to even see our server. Food took an excessive time to prepare and then server never returned to check on food or refill coffee etc ...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/16/2014Surprise find on OpenTable as it was beginning to rain in New York City. Got a reservation as we were walking and came up on the restaurant sooner than we expected. The reservation was there and we were seated immediately. Looked like a neighborhood café, food was more like a fine restaurant. Mussels were great followed by burgers -- tuna and beef. Waiter was personable, knowledgeable and just attentive enough. I think we'll go back...Special Features:
- Never disapointsmehiratsukaVIPDined on 5/13/2014Lexington Brass is one of my favorite midtown lunch spots. The staff is always great and the food always delicious. I personally love the tuna tartar tacos.Special Features:
- Loved itFoodluverDined on 5/10/2014I came in town from GA and met a friend here for Brunch since it was close to my hotel. The food was amazing. I had the Egg White Omelet with mushrooms and goat cheese. The omelet came with a side salad of field greens and wheat or white toast. Everything was delicious! Our server was amazing! She let us sit and occupy our table for 2.5 hours and never rushed us or complained. She was great! I don't remember her name but she had red hair and glasses :-) I would definitely go back. The pancakes looked really good!Special Features: