Da Vinci Ristorante
1180 Rue Bishop
Montreal, QC H3G 2E3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Da Vinci Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davinci.ca/
- Phone: 5148742001x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday from 17h00 to 23h00
Closed Sundays *Open for private functions only*
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Renato Ferrante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Exclusive Special - Minimum 20 persons
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available for minimum of 30 people, semi-private party options available for less.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Amodeo 8775164022x
- Entertainment: Private lounge area with DJ
A word from Da Vinci Ristorante
Located in a beautiful 2 floor Victorian building in the heart of Downtown Montreal and close to all hotels, 3 minutes walk from the Bell Center and entertainment venues, Da Vinci Ristorante offers its guests elegant surroundings without being pretentious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Da Vinci Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Da Vinci Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (24)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (15)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- family timeDrRobDined on 12/27/2013One of the best meals of the year, after dining in NY, Boston, Dublin, Chamonix, London and Amsterdam...Great service and ambiance....and we had a great family time...even though one of us was Vegan, there was no problem, no hesitation, and they prepared a perfect dish, full of flavor and protein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2013Food and service are consistently very good, I have returned to this restaurant many times. The menu could use an update though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013The Food was good but I found the service was very slow.Special Features:
- The Da Vinvi codeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013I was very pleased with the service and how quick they were to make sure we were well serviced. My girlfriend and i did enjoy it much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the wait!RobMichelleDined on 11/23/2013Upon arriving in time for our reservation we were not seated for about 15 mins due to the earlier sitting taking longer than usual. The staff was very apologetic and courteous. We had a mixture of risotto' sand gnocchi which were fabulous. The wine list is truly spectacular with something for every budget. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfetoCTTCDined on 11/4/2013very outstanding evening excellent food great recomendations over all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atMorallyDined on 10/19/2013This was our first time at the restaurant. We took my daughter there for her 22 birthday. Service was wonderful our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. The food was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerMedicalCompanyDined on 10/18/2013Servers recommended Antipasti for our table (group of 12) - recommendations were excellent, notably the shrimp. Table was set for a group of 12 with 2 at each end which is so much better than a long skinny table - makes it easier for all to interact. Service was professional, good wines. At the end of the meal a variety of dessert drinks were brought out for everyone at no charge.Special Features:
- bravo DaVincijoedogsDined on 10/17/2013Food was very good, head waiter was very attentive and gracious. A slight mix up occurred when my main course came out with my salad, but he quickly apologized and I received a fresh main when I was ready for it. Salad was mixed greens with gorgonzola and pear; nice blend and the cheese was very tart - a nice counter to the sweet pear. Main course -Cavatelli with pancetta, mushrooms and pecorino - wonderful pasta was firm and the right blend of ingredients meant the pasta was balanced with the sauce. Dessert -Tofino di ciocolato with hazelnut ice cream - very rich chocolate was nicely cut by the homemade ice creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy serviceloppyDined on 10/16/2013My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner because of the service. From the greeting to the suggestions on selecting wine and main courses, We were very pleased with the attention we we given. It was not intrusive and with lots of humour. Clientele that night seemed to be dominated by lots of business folks doing business. The menu is not extensive but the variety offer should meet all interests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONe of the best Italian restaurantsboupierreDined on 10/10/2013I have been pretty much to all of the Montréal Italian restaurants in the downtown area. Da Vinci is often not considered because of its location (location just south of René-Lévesque) but it has one of the best italian cuisines in the downtown area. There was a large table of women who appeared to be celebrating à la bachelorette. The staff moved our table so that the meal with not suffer due to noise. Very attentive staff. Excellent wine list including a few reasonably priced gems from Sicily. My wife and I have tried four different choices (we have been twice) and all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!3CtenDined on 10/7/2013For a group of 10 our Monday evening was very relaxing. For a large group the service was impeccable. The meals were excellent as was the wine recommendations were superb. To accommodate our group staff improvised to seamlessly with various antipastos platters and deserts. All courses were excellent. Bravo gentlemen, well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonerful end to our Montreal VisitEcurtisVIPDined on 10/5/2013Great meal and great service from Michel. The menu offered a very appealing selection as did the extensive wine list. A must return when we get back to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food a bit expensivePatsDined on 10/5/2013Great ambiance. The waiter made very good wine suggestions. Size of dishes was perfect. Lamb was exquisite! I definetly will return. Prices were high, we were a big group so we were suggested fewer choices which made the experience more expensive, but food was excellent, defiinetly worth it.Special Features:
- Da Vinci RistoranteDonaDined on 9/28/2013It was my first time going to Da Vinci Ristorante and I have to say it was great !! The service was amazing from beginning to end and the food was delicious. I ordered a seafood risotto and other than the scallops being slightly overcooked, the meal was very tasty. The food is slightly expensive but it was definitely worth it. The alcohol on the other hand was very expensive... I paid more for the alcohol than I did for the food !! Next time I know not to order more than just the main dish and a glass of wine but aside from the hefty bill (158%, for one person, tip not included) I really enjoyed my experience at Da Vinci Ristorante and I would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small intimate restaurantFuzzyBeaverVIPDined on 9/26/2013This is a fairly small and intimate restaurant. It was clear that many of the customers are regulars. It is easy to see why based on the food and service. We started with prosciutto, reggiano and aged balsamic vinegar. Excellent with the wine they suggested from their really extensive Italian wine list. Mains were braised veal shanks and risotto. Super tender and very flavourful. They brought whole walnuts in the shell after dinner to munch on. Lots of fun and very yummy. Service was very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and overallmbutteDined on 9/21/2013Excellent meal and overall experience! It was a busy Saturday night for them, but we were made to feel most welcome from beginning to end. We were seated upstairs which we found to be very pleasant and less noisy than the main dining room. Food was outstanding! Presentations great - Jumbo Stuffed Shrimp with Snow Crab entrée was worthy of a culinary magazine picture. Risotto was perfect. Had a nice conversation with the owner after the meal. Would definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FormidableMarcelDined on 9/7/2013La reception le service et la nouriture sont vraiment exceptionnelleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but....BusqueVIPDined on 8/29/2013I like this place, but, wow, be ready , $$$$ Because of that, I may consider another place for business lunch. Foods and service remain great!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodCarmineRDPDined on 8/24/2013This was our first time at this restaurant, and it did not disapoint! Our waiter Martin was very attentive to us without being overbearing and knew his way around the menu and wine list. Althoug it is a little pricey, the great food and beautiful surroundings more than warranted it. Go there.... you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceJhoustonVIPDined on 8/21/2013The pasta is very good and the service was awesome.we will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SimKVIPDined on 8/20/2013Food and service at Da Vinci always raises the bar! Ask for Lavi and he will take great care of your table!Special Features:
- Fifteen On Ten!!! WOWfoodieDined on 8/3/2013I have been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile..., we made a reservation and enjoyed our evening thoroughly... I would go back here to eat in a heartbeat. Food wasdelicious , and the service outstanding , the whole experience exceeded my expectations. Fifteen on Ten !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real surprise!pmjedwardsVIPDined on 8/2/2013At 930 on a Friday we were looking for something close to our hotel. Decided to take a chance and no regrets. Quie possibly the best risotto (with shrimp) I have ever had. Excellent presentation. The waiter steered us around the wine list after our first choices were unavailable. Authentic and in-house desserts capped of a great meal. Would definitely recommend and definitely go back.Special Features:
- Spendy, but worth it!CyninthecityVIPDined on 8/2/2013Beautiful classic restaurant. Food tasted so fresh, as if we were in Italy. The service...so so. Carpaccio to start. Had the veal osso buco and it melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- Now That's Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2013Great authentic Italian food. One of the best osso bucco dishes I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2013Great food, amazing service and all at a reasonable price. Without a doubt the Best Italian food I've had in Montreal. I wish all restaurants had great service like Da Vinci.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My top 10PierreVIPDined on 7/27/2013We went there for the first time last week end, it was our anniversary. This restaurant is now in my top 10 list in Montreal, I would even say in my top 5. Food is amazing, service is really good, restaurant is nice too, and for once, we were able to talk, not yell !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkably Fine DiningfoodieDined on 7/23/2013Perhaps one of the best Restaurant in Montreal!!! Proportions were appropriate, flavors abundant and complimentary of each other, plates garnished beautifully but the quality of the food and service was the main thrust ! Entire restaurant was not pretentious the service was attentive but not "hanging out at your table." Waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all roundVivoDined on 7/23/2013We really enjoyed our meal and the service was attentive yet unobtrusive. Will definitely recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualFlorasilvaDined on 7/20/2013Once again, we returned to this wonderful restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Unfortunately, I was feeling under the weather and had to leave before dessert. Despite this inconvenience on my part (not at all related to this restaurant), they treated us extremely well, doggy bagged my food and even offered to assist me by offering sparkling water and calling a cab. Their understanding and compassion in my moment of weakness, demonstrated to me that this place is not only about their needs and making money, but it also extends to caring for their patrons well after the tab is paid. I highly recommend Da Vinci and will definitely return. Thank you Da Vinci for your fabulous food and excellent service !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rate !EatoutsDined on 7/18/2013This restaurant was recommended tous by a Canadian friend - what a great experience ! We had specialty salad and lamb chops ended with cannoli s and cappuccino - wine was exceptional! Service made this the ultimate dining experience - don't miss this special place ! New York FoodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ti gourmand satisfaitTigourmandDined on 7/18/2013De beaux classiques italiens exécutés à la perfection. Excellent ossobuco di vitello et son risotto et que dire des linguine fini del pescatore, tout simplement délectables. Le service est attentionné et raffiné, tout en douceur avec cette touche d'élégance italienne. Nous nous sommes régalés et avons passé une agréable soirée. Merci.Special Features:
- A great Italian restaurantHomelessDined on 7/5/2013Came there for my wife's birth day. Warmly greeted by the part owner Vince. Nice ambiance. Service courteous, but a touch slow when we were there. Food was great, well presented, although my expectation was that it shold be sensational for the type of restaurant. Guess I'm a bit spoiled:) all desserts were excellent. Overall a great experience. Great to entertain your business partners or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2013The food was good, but experience horrible. I had called ahead after I booked a reservation for 8pm and had confirmed that it was my wife's birthday and I wanted to make it special for her. We reached around 7:50 and at least 3 other tables were seated before us (one of them confirmed to us that they were also booked for 8pm). The owner knew we were here for my wife's birthday and we were still offered a table at 8:45pm and stood in the entrance for all that while! If we make a reservation the restaurant should honor it and when there are multiple people there for the same time slot, the people who arrived first should be given the table when available, and not made to wait for 45 minutes.Special Features:
- Excellent but quite expensive...FoodiesDined on 6/27/2013Even though it was expected... I would say it was a little overated in the reviews I've read... But the quality and service were impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2013The food and service were very good, albeit pricey for lunch. Unfortunately, our fellow diners had little in the way of etiquette - having a conversation on the speaker phone of their mobile and then proceeding to have an off-colour argument on another cell phone call. Not the experience I want when I'm taking clients out to lunch. While it's difficult, I believe the restaurant should have quietly gone over to the table and dealt with the situation. Further, as the restaurant was not busy, it would have been preferable to have seating us in a different part of the restaurant.
- good food, very expensivertonyDined on 6/26/2013I had a groupon when I ate here and while the food was good I still had to spend a lot in addition to that.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013Food was incredible. Italian classics done to perfection. Every bite is a pleasure. Be sure to ask for the appetizers selection plate. You'll be able to try most of their appetizers. The staff is top notch. Decor is very beautiful. Great spot downtown close to Bell Center and the nightlife. A bit pricey, but it is worth it. One tiny tiny little thing... the service was a bit too fast up until dessert. Afterwards it took a long while to get the check. But the atmosphere, the food and the staff were so nice it was a minuscule blip that was soon forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine Italian experienceLailaDined on 6/21/2013Amazing! It's my 3rd time there and DaVinci's doesn't disappoint! A bit expensive but worth it!Special Features: