Cool River Cafe - Denver
8000 East Belleview Ave #C-10
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cool River Cafe - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coolrivercafe.com/
- Phone: 3037714117
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lytisha Mullings
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cool River Cafe - Denver
Cool River is an upscale steakhouse and southwestern grill featuring fresh seafood and certified Angus beef for lunch and dinner. We feature a full service bar and an award winning wine list. We also have the Denver Tech Centers premier private dining space for your social or business events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cool River Cafe - Denver - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Cool River Cafe - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (24)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Mothers dayKristiDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time for the Mother's Day brunch at Cool River. The buffet was easy to maneuver, even when crowded. The food was delicious, fresh, with a great selection. It was well worth the price. The service was excellent, our dirty plates were swept away frequently, and Ann, our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Mother's Day BrunchkokosadieDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed Mother's Day Brunch at Cool River. It was a cold, snowy morning and we were seated in a cozy room next to the fireplace. After ordering a mimosa and coffee, we headed off to the large buffet area, where there was a wide variety of breakfast foods (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cheese blintzes, fruit, cheeses, muffins, bagels, ham) as well as lunch entrees (salmon, salads, deli platter, mac and cheese, roast beef, chicken enchiladas, asparagus, etc). We also managed to squeeze in some room for dessert, including brownies and assorted cakes. The staff was very attentive. Overall, a wonderfully satisfying dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestLindaBDined on 5/6/2014cool river is nice but expensive. our waitress didn't seem to know exactly what was going on. didn't know the specials until we asked. our service was marginal at best. wasn't the experience we were anticipatingI would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor patio funzempgalDined on 5/3/2014Great outdoor bar ombiance with the firepit! Go have a drink and relax in a quiet setting!Special Features:
- Delightful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014We have been to Cool River several times and we come back because we love the people there and the food is always great. It is a great dining experience. The Manager and Sommelier, Craig, gave us an awesome suggestion on the wine and Chad, our server, was delightful and attentive!Special Features:
- mediocreeetsDined on 4/26/2014The food was luke warm. I expected more from a restaurant with such a reputation. Service was slow and poor. Atmosphere was appealing...Special Features:
- Very disappointingerikcDined on 4/26/2014Cool River seems to want to be a "real" steakhouse, but it has very far to go. Ambience was nice, greeting was friendly, but it all went downhill from there. My daughter's crab cakes were served on a plate so hot that the sauce actually bubbled and sizzled while we watched. Sort of like a sizzling fajita platter, but not nearly as tasty or fun. I ordered the bone in filet special. Steak was undercooked and the quality of the meat was incredibly disappointing. Didn't know that filet could have so much gristle and fat. At $49 for an 11oz filet, Cool River is WAY out of its league. Also ordered a side dish which never arrived, yet was on the bill anyway. Should have stayed home and cooked a steak from Tony's Market. Won't return.
- Solid ChoiceSandyVIPDined on 4/25/2014We've dined here a few times with mixed experiences. This visit was the best so far. Prime rib was tender and flavorful as we're the Bacon wrapped Scallops! Service was very attentive with a table stop by the manager. Waited a bit too long for the check. Love the reconfigured bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Easter buffet ever!BrendaDined on 4/20/2014Anything you could ever dream of eating on Easter was available to enjoy and everything tasted amazing. Great service, awesome atmosphere and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchBleighDined on 4/20/2014We have been there before for Easter brunch and have been impressed. This time not so much. The breads and pastries were pretty stale. Crab legs were so small it was not worth the effort to crack the shell. Most of the dishes were warm at best and the desserts tasted very odd. It appears that the quality of food has decreased considerably. Maybe they are under new management, not sure. Years past I would highly recommend, not so much any more.Special Features:
- Great Easter Brunchtwocat55Dined on 4/20/2014This is the second year I have had Easter brunch at Cool River and it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014I haven't been there for brunch before, but found them punctual for the reservation. Food selection and quality was great! A little noisy but the place was full. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014This is the 2nd time we have been here for Easter brunch and we had a great time. Food was fresh and varied and the service was outstanding. Our server was really fun!Special Features:
- OkayRestaurantfanDined on 4/20/2014We ate Easter brunch at Cool River. On the plus side, we were greeted by friendly staff when we arrived. The brunch buffet was well presented and was tasty. Our water glasses were kept full. On the downside, we were seated upstairs so we had to go up and down the stairs with our plates of food or take the service elevator. Not fun. Our waitress was new and had not been properly trained. Slow in greeting us, brought no wine menu until asked to do so, didn't know their drink menu, took our silverware when clearing then very slow to bring more as we sat and let our new plates of food get cold - you get it. I had heard of Cool River and was looking forward to trying it. Not sure if I will be back.
- A special place for a special dayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014I've been going to Cool River for over 10 years. It is one of my "go to" places for special occasions with large groups. The food is excellent and the service is first rate. You get your money's worth at Cool River!! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2014Our celebration for my friends birthday started out with a card from the server we requested, Sean, saying that he was not working that evening but wanted to wish my friend a happy birthday. His brother, Chad took care of us this evening and he was so great to us. The food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSatisfiedDined on 4/12/2014I took my fiance for his birthday and we had a wonderfule experience. The food was on point and Delish! The service was welcoming and delightful. Overall great experience. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardTheatreFanVIPDined on 4/5/2014This last visit to Cool River was a bit of a let-down, but not all Cool River's fault. I should have ordered my usual filet, but instead opted for the short rib. It tasted very salty and rather dry. I will definitely order the filet on my next visit, since that is a consistently satisfying steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & Server RickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Our server, Rick, was so well experienced and knowledgeable, so professional with his timing of questions and service. The decor was outstanding and classy! Will go back many times in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMikeDined on 4/2/2014My wife and I had lunch at Cool River, as we have done so many times before. We come back because the food and service is consistantly excellent. The prices are not low but are worth what it for what is provided. The same goes for their dinners. We highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsthreesistersDined on 3/28/2014Can always count of great food and quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRickDined on 3/24/2014Very good .........................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic, tasty, expensiveDidiKVIPDined on 3/21/2014Good food, nice atmosphere, good bar scene but the pricing is a bit beyond what you get. Wine list is extensive, exclusive and very expensive. Adding good wines at $25-30 price point would be more attractive. Food was well prepared, tasty, but I've had better for more reasonable prices. Guess we're buying the name? Service was good, professional, nice. They want to be 5 star but they're not quite there. Could learn from Palace Arms at the Brown Palace if that's the price bracket they want to stay in. Would go there again for lunch or cocktails but not dinner or wine. There are better values in Denver for that cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2014Cool River is very gluten- free friendly. Staff are informed and make the ordering process easy. Excellent restaurant for business lunches. Food is tasty and noise level is low enough to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place... never disappointsRancher203Dined on 3/1/2014We are a younger couple, but Cool River always treats us with great respect and is very kind to us. I would highly recommend this place. While it is expensive the food is worth the cost. Very romantic and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodWillbBackDined on 2/28/2014Came for restaurant week and it's been awhile since I've been there. Love the new decor and the food was excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatChanceDined on 2/28/2014We have been to cool River several times and love the food, ambience and service. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a favfoodluvDined on 2/28/2014We seemed to be one of the youngest couples dining, on top of being there for Restaurant week, the salads didn't come out before our dinner. The 3 Forks Salad that we ordered barely had dressing on it. The waiter and manager apologized for the salads, yet did nothing about our bill or offered to comp anything. Food was decent, but for the price not worth it. We won't be returning.
- Restaurant WeekBobnjanDined on 2/28/2014The occasion was Restaurant Week so our expectations were not too high but they exceeded them significantly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingDisappointedDined on 2/28/2014We were very disappointed in our dining experience at Cool River. Our reservation was at 5:30 and the restaurant was not yet busy. We were seated quickly however it was almost five minutes before our server came to our table. Drinks, salads and main course were not delivered at the same time it took many minutes between when two of us were serve and the other two received their dishes. We ordered and appetizer which came after our salads and within just a few minutes of receiving our appetizer our main course was delivered. Following dinner we received our check only to notice that we received a check for a two top not the four top that we occupied. All in all a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- BRING BACK THE PASTsd75Dined on 2/28/2014WE USE TO FREQUENT COOL RIVER A FEW YEARS AGO. LAST WEEK WE DECIDED TO GO AND WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. THEY TRIED TO SEAT US NEAR THE KITCHEN ENTRANCE, GIVEN THE DINNING AREA WAS EMPTY I REQUESTED A BETTER BOOTH AFTER THE THIRD TRY THEY GOT IT RIGHT THE FOOD WAS NOT HIGH ON OUR PAST EXPECTATIONS. THE STEAD OVERCOOKED, CREAM CORN MUST HAVE UNDERGONE A CHANGE IN THE RECEPE THERE WAS ENOUGH TASTELESS ASPARAGUS TO FEED A SMALL NATION THE BAR AREA NOISE WAS TERRIBLY NOISY AND SPILLED OVER INTO THE DINNING AREASpecial Features:
- Cool River Cafe is AMAZING!!JWixDined on 2/27/2014I was pleased with every dish I was served the food was fantastic!! The service was a little slow in some spots, overall GREAT experience!!Special Features:
- Good pickautumnDined on 2/27/2014A "restaurant week" pick so I expected a somewhat noisy & rushed experience. It didn't happen. The place was crowded, but our group of 4 was seated immediately with a waiter appearing within 5 minutes. Great, price varied wine list. Our waiter was attentive and personable without "hovering". My shrimp was fantastic, my husband enjoyed his salmon and our fellow dinners commented favorably on their steak. The deserts-- chocolate mouse and cheesecake were excellent. The restaurant is gorgeous, soaring ceiling with seatings at various levels. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was enjoyable. Service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2014It was enjoyable. Food & service was very good. We were seated in a booth, which was quiet allowing a nice atmosphere for conversation. Overall a very pleasant experience. I plan to retun for outdoor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Superb food, inviting ambience, excellent service - a delightful Restaurant Week experience! We'll be back.Special Features:
- WonderfulJulesDined on 2/25/2014We had a wonderful time at Cool River. The service was great, with even the General Manager and Manager visiting our table throughout the night. A very nice touch. Cappuccino Cheesecake was decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak!!MarymDined on 2/25/2014The steak I had (a filet) was so tender I could have cut it with a fork! This was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Went for 5280 week and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014Went for 5280 week and the filet was outstanding and cooked perfectly. Best steak I ave ever had at a restaurant. It was as good as Del Friscos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant WeekballparkmomDined on 2/24/2014I was delighted with the service, the Restaurant Week Menu, the top quality proteins and the Spanish Granacha. Go on a weeknight when the bar scene cools down. Attentive friendly servers, great architecture and ambience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceParkerResidentDined on 2/24/2014Great Food, pleasant atmosphere, and wonderful attentive staff.Special Features: