Fred's Not Here
321 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1J5Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Fred's Not Here
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fredsnothere.com/
- Phone: 4169719155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Huy Truong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Fred's Not Here
Casual Bistro located in the heart of Entertainment District specialize in wood grilled steaks & lobster. Certified Angus, USDA Prime and Ontario Dry Aged Beef grilled over Canada"s first commercial indoor hickory & oak fired pellet char-broilerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fred's Not Here reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (21)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- We waited over an hour forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2011We waited over an hour for our entrees and the server ignored us most of the time, while the table beside us, who got there after us, received both an appetizer and entree by the time we got our apps. The food was good but portions were small, and a little on the pricey side. In particular the black truffle ravioli, which only came with a few pieces of past, cost as much as any of the other main dishes.
- Fred's was a perfect choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011Fred's was a perfect choice for dinner before the show. Delicious food, fast but still relaxing service, good wine and atmosphere, and a short walk to the theatre.Special Features:
- Initially had some problemsTOExpatDined on 10/28/2011Initially had some problems finding our reservation, but then it was a pleasant evening. Food was very good, wine list is great, service good.Special Features:
- So-so...not a standoutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2011Nothing stood out about Fred's Not Here. It was across the street from the theatre and looked to have great potential. The prices were Theatre District, but the food was Dive Diner.
- Pre-Theatre GemSlewyVIPDined on 10/22/2011Pre-theatre Gem. We had a super meal and was able to get to the theatre on time and unrushed, Very good food and service.Loved it!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. WeBusterDined on 10/20/2011The food was fantastic. We especially loved the crab/lobster soup. Both the presentation and the flavour was phenominal. I had the Paella and it was delicious and very filling and my husband had the surf and turf which he really enjoyed. Our server was very helpful and he mad sure that we got off in time to get to the theatre. the service and the atmosphere was terrific.Special Features:
- Excellent.......They haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2011Excellent.......They have a prix-fixe 2 course dinner for $29.99...They also have a pre-fixe 2 course dinner for $25.99 (with more items!!) for pre theatre..but you must ask for that menu!!!Special Features:
- I had the pre fixed lunch:OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2011I had the pre fixed lunch: crab soup and new York strip The soup was amazing but the steak was bit dry and tough. It was a bit over cooked and it might have been the reason. I'd totally go back for the delicious soup!!!Special Features:
- Usually a safe bet, the foodTOExpatDined on 9/23/2011Usually a safe bet, the food was OK this time, but not as good as we had expected from prior visits. The lobster had a very distinct chlorine taste to it. Wine was good as always, service could have been more attentive.Special Features:
- Good food and our waiter wasUnionDined on 9/17/2011Good food and our waiter was pleasant, but it took over 45 min for our food to arrive. good thing we arrived early enough or we would have missed our TIFF showing!Special Features:
- Good food as ever (thoughTOExpatDined on 8/27/2011Good food as ever (though the clam soup was a bit overspiced), the service was less attentive than the last times.Special Features:
- Food was great... I had HalibutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Food was great... I had Halibut with curried rice and the wife had steak and frites. Both were quite good and wew would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Fred's Not Here was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2011Fred's Not Here was a great place to have something good to eat and get caught up with a good friend.
- Great option for Lunch!!iheartfoodVIPDined on 8/18/2011Excellent prix fixe menu and resonably priced for Lunch..Special Features:
- Service was a little slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2011Service was a little slow, waiter was a bit rude. My reservation was not on file when we arrived even though manager had called me to make changes day before, however we were seated quickly anyway for summerlicious. Food was amazing, would go back when there isn't so many people perhaps.
- we went here for Summerlicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2011we went here for Summerlicious, and the portion was still extremely generous. The service was a little slow, but I would suggest it was because of summerlicious and because they were overly busy. Although a little slow, the server was really nice and helpful. I would go here again and recommend it to anyone wanting a solid piece of steakSpecial Features:
- I've never had a better Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2011I've never had a better Steak! Service is very friendly as well!
- Fred's Not Here, so we'll come backcriticaldinerDined on 7/10/2011Fred's Not Here! Was a good find in the summerlicious selection. What immediately attracted us to this restaurant was the large selection for the summerlicious menu. Our part had 3 Pescatarians out of the group of seven. The selection was diverse enough and included vegan items as well. Our party enjoyed the food whichoverall was good but not great. Some individaul items were wonderfully presented like the baked lobster and crab soup. Others were bountiful, like the Prime Rib. But one that disappointed was the Paella which was overly soggy and the presentation didn't quite suit the dish, in our opinion. We were seated at the "chefs" table or VIP table which is closest to the kitchen and might work in some restaurants but here it did not.Special Features:
- Overall great food for summerliciouOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2011Overall great food for summerlicious menu! Service was a little slow though due to the fact that there were only 2 servers working, and had to rush back to work. Thouroughly enjoyed my food and the restaurant had a very welcoming touch.Special Features:
- Glad Fred's on Open Table!DutchmanVIPDined on 6/7/2011I have been to Fred's Not Here several times and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- This was a first-time experienceCANCURLDined on 6/1/2011This was a first-time experience at this restaurant for our group of 4. The 'Open Table Online booking' was most convenient. The time-limit restriction due to a theatre commitment was acknowledge & upheld with timely service. The food was nicely presented & tasty-no complaints. For persons with limited mobility, negotiating the stairs to the lower level washrooms is a challenge.Special Features:
- While the food is always veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2011While the food is always very good I have been finding the last few times I have dined at Fred's red meats are being overcooked. I ask for rare and many times I have been given medium rare and even medium. The staff is very accommodating however and will rectify this but it is a hassle and I do not like having to send things back. Also I was treated very rudely by the maitre'd when I tried to call him to address a concern I had. The staff on the other hand were very friendly and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- We were pleased with the preOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/26/2011We were pleased with the pre theatre menu and service. Everything was good and on time.Special Features:
- Would Return!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2011My friend and I had dinner at Fred's Not Here on May 19th (first-time guests). We both enjoyed our experience. From our intital greeting, to the service and then our entire meal - no complaints. We never felt rushed or pushed to leave, despite lingering over coffee. If you've ever been to Fred's Not here, I'm sure you're aware of the Lobster & Crab soup (delicious). My friend had the crab cakes and thought they were well worth ordering. We both had the Sole "Rockefeller" - if you eat fish, you might enjoy this dish. We shared the Apple Blossom/Ice cream - wish we'd ordered two! We would definately return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- We went there for pre-dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011We went there for pre-dinner show for the Lion King. We asked for the Lion King menu but waiter failed to take our order and "rush" for us. Overall food was good but service could have been better.Special Features:
- This was a family get together,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011This was a family get together, and was a perfect choice.Good food Good service . Relaxing night.!Special Features:
- Impressive First VisithowiDined on 3/31/2011My first visit to Fred's Not Here was impressive. I particularly appreciate the recommendations from our server about what's great and what's not for the day. We go for the 2-course special with the ribeye came in right order for all of us and the fries on the side were quite "different" from the usual serving elsewhere. I would definitely go again with other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Fred's is a convivial spotAlCathVIPDined on 3/12/2011Fred's is a convivial spot for unintimidating dining. Friendly staff, good food, nice casual ambiance. Menu items are priced just right; a fifteen-dollar 2-course lunch option was a nice treat. Fred's seafood bisque is terrific. A great place to go pre- or post-theatre.Special Features: